Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
That Ecmcpal thing that Yukijersey uses for payment was screwed up and errored on me. Now it has two of my cards info, and no way to delete them or cancel the account.

I contacted them 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response. It's kind of spooking me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Comfortador posted:

That Ecmcpal thing that Yukijersey uses for payment was screwed up and errored on me. Now it has two of my cards info, and no way to delete them or cancel the account.

I contacted them 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response. It's kind of spooking me.

I know how you feel. I went with Moneygram since it was an option with christmas-jersey. Didn't want to dump all my info into their site and that ECMCPal thing seemed shady to me too.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
Posting so that I remember to check back to see how christmas-jersey works out.
It is the only place I could find the Steelers bumblebee jersey.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I ordered a custom Elite on Cyber Monday from the nflshop. Just came in this afternoon

I'm pretty happy with it. Too bad I'll only have 4 games to wear it for before they go away for the off-season. Here's to NEXT year.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

mints posted:

I ordered a custom Elite on Cyber Monday from the nflshop. Just came in this afternoon

I'm pretty happy with it. Too bad I'll only have 4 games to wear it for before they go away for the off-season. Here's to NEXT year.

poo poo, man, you might only have 4 games to wear it until Devery is no longer on the team.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Since I'm also an LSU fan I felt that I had to get his jersey. Local guy done well.

edit: I'll probably get another jersey next year anyway, Hopefully the customs will be available year round next year so I can decide early on who's name I want on my back and get it in time for September.

mints fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 7, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Do the letters seem small or is it just something with the camera angle/flat jersey making them look smaller?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
it's the camera angle, the jersey was about 5 feet away from me.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Sorry this took so long - here's the three jerseys I ordered from christmas-jersey.com.

Cushing in red, OD in white, and Watt in blue. They were all listed as Nike elite on the site, but only the Cush one came with the 10 year anniversary patch (which I considered a nice bonus, anyway). They look okay and are passable, particularly compared to the red DeMeco Ryans jersey I ordered a couple of years ago from tarajersey. The stitching is done fast and loose in some spots and they don't have the Nikelace, but you have to get pretty close to really notice it for the most part.

Huge images:

The front of the battle red Cushing jersey (and liberty white cat feet). Most of those areas that look like extra stitching or errors are just the loose ends of threads that can be cut off, like on the T and E in the text logo on the chest.

The Houston Texans 10 Year Anniversary patch on the Cushing jersey. It looks good, but when you get close you can see that it's a "good" example of some of the worst stitching on any of the three jerseys.

A really bright and blurry pic of the jock tag.

The name plate. You can see more loose thread here that I'll be cutting off. One problem all three jerseys share is that the outer edges of the name plates are a bit loose; I may try to sew them down or just wait to see how they hold up.

Front of the liberty white Daniels jersey (matching cat feet). This one seems to be the best quality of the three. Less loose threads and better stitching for the most part.

OD name plate. I think you can see what I meant earlier by slightly loose edges on the plate, but this particular one is the most secure.

Closeup of the neck area of the deep steel blue Watt jersey. All three use Nike tags and logos but I'm not sure how closely they mirror the actual look of the elites.

Extreme closeup of the shoulder swoosh on the Watt jersey.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 8, 2012

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Stopped by the Nike Outlet in my town and they had all the NFL gear at 30% off, including jerseys. Had to snag this since the price dropped to the ok to pick up without weighing the costs level.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Seahawks jerseys have officially grown on me.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Got my dad a Golden Tate jersey for Christmas. He does a lot of work in the Green Bay area so that should end well.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mcqueen posted:

Got my dad a Golden Tate jersey for Christmas. He does a lot of work in the Green Bay area so that should end well.

You are a horrible person

That's hilarious

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Toussaint Louverture posted:

The Seahawks jerseys have officially grown on me.

They are among the nicest in the NFL I'd say. Way better than the awful jerseys they wore before.

Yes, I know the lime greens were awesome

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

I like the old ones better. :smith:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

good cat

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Wario Kart 64 posted:

They are among the nicest in the NFL I'd say. Way better than the awful jerseys they wore before.

Yes, I know the lime greens were awesome

Jim Mora Jr is a lovely head coach if only because he dropped the lime greens after they lost in them (because he sucks at football)

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Christmas came early (sorry for lovely cell picture)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ftwtom posted:

Christmas came early (sorry for lovely cell picture)

:buddy: Randy!

...On a dumpster for some reason

And wearing socks with sandals

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

:buddy: Randy!

...On a dumpster for some reason

And wearing socks with sandals

He was back home (I live 20 minutes from Rand) during the Niners bye week to give toys and stuff to kids in Rand. He posted a set of pictures of him at "Rand U." which was basically the Rand 7-11 and apparently the dumpster next to the 7-11. Saw the shirt, had to have one. Found a friend of a friend who is selling the shirts for Randy around here and couldn't give the dude 20 bucks fast enough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is there any way to figure out a player's jersey size? I want to pick up a RG3 jersey so I can get it signed and framed, and I figure I might as well get his size since I'll never wear it.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there any way to figure out a player's jersey size? I want to pick up a RG3 jersey so I can get it signed and framed, and I figure I might as well get his size since I'll never wear it.

Size 50. Griffin is an untuck guy so this was easier to figure out than it otherwise would have been.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jeffersonlives posted:

Size 50. Griffin is an untuck guy so this was easier to figure out than it otherwise would have been.

Thanks!

EDIT: So of course that's the size that they don't sell.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 19, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Bumpin the thread since it looks like some hats are starting to become clearance items online. Got one of the drifit like training camp hats for $10 and saw others like the draft day caps and some other random styles for $10-15.

Regular Raiders dog ear wasn't one of them though :saddowns:. Got a Dodgers dog ear for $15...and continues my sizing confusion, 7 3/8 and fits perfectly (while my previous hat was massive and had to go with 7 1/4 there).

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

japtor posted:

Bumpin the thread since it looks like some hats are starting to become clearance items online. Got one of the drifit like training camp hats for $10 and saw others like the draft day caps and some other random styles for $10-15.

Regular Raiders dog ear wasn't one of them though :saddowns:. Got a Dodgers dog ear for $15...and continues my sizing confusion, 7 3/8 and fits perfectly (while my previous hat was massive and had to go with 7 1/4 there).

It has to do with the depth of the hat more than anything else, "high crown" or low. I got a hat at Lids over the holidays for $10 but haven't seen them online for that cheap anywhere, or that they had any sizes other than "giant head".

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Nike has like zero limited Niner jersey's available. WHAT THE gently caress NIKE GET ON THE BALL! I'm trying to give you money.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Was there ever a consensus on the quality of the Limited jerseys (that's the middle tier right)?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

japtor posted:

Was there ever a consensus on the quality of the Limited jerseys (that's the middle tier right)?

I never saw one for sale in person the entire season. Not at Dick's, not at the Nike outlets, not at shoe stores. Nobody carried anything but the $100 ones. Did Nike just give up on them? Even their online availability seemed really spotty.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

japtor posted:

I posted pictures of my white DeMarco Murray Limited earlier in the thread, I also picked up a Demarcus Ware Limited Throwback, and they are probably my favorite jerseys I own. The quality is fantastic, but yeah they seem to be really ridiculously difficult to find. The only stores that carry them are the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops (never saw any at Nike, Dicks, or Academy), and even then the inventory is random at best. Like how Cowboys Stadium only had them in the navy, and in order to get my Demarcus Ware I had to drive about 45 minutes away (in awful Dallas traffic, so more like 2 hours :byodood:)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I got a Patrick Willis limited early in the season and I'm glad I got it. The jersey is gorgeous and worth the 35 buck upgrade. My friend has a Game jersey and it just doesn't seem worth it with the printed numbers and letters. Having everything nice and stitched just makes it feel that much better. I mean the nike game jerseys are tons better than the reebok equivalent but I want a limited for the Super Bowl.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So I have a bottom-tier Nike Foster jersey that I picked up to wear to the Texans/Pats game two weeks ago and I noticed that it really pulls across the shoulders in a weird way that the Reebok jerseys never did. When I lift my arms, it causes the chest to pull up and fold across the numbers. Is this a problem with the better-grade jerseys as well?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

So I have a bottom-tier Nike Foster jersey that I picked up to wear to the Texans/Pats game two weeks ago and I noticed that it really pulls across the shoulders in a weird way that the Reebok jerseys never did. When I lift my arms, it causes the chest to pull up and fold across the numbers. Is this a problem with the better-grade jerseys as well?

I don't have one, but my friend has an Aldon Smith one and it does the same thing to him. He hates it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/p/3897

I guess that'd be the "Tailored fit designed for movement"...which is also listed under the Limited, while the Elite has "Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit".

Forgot about the teams that didn't change at all, wonder if their Limiteds are bizarro new style versions or something.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

My Newton one does this but my brother's rodgers one doesn't.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

BlindSite posted:

My Newton one does this but my brother's rodgers one doesn't.

I think the Packers and Raiders were the two teams that opted not to change to Nike's new materials at all.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Jay Cutler posted:

I think the Packers and Raiders were the two teams that opted not to change to Nike's new materials at all.

Panthers too, so the Cam/Rodgers should be the same.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
the local sports store in the mall I usually go to had a store wide 50% off sale. I wanted to grab a jersey but there was a lack of Cardinals/Ravens Jerseys. Also, the only medium jersey was an Eagles McCoy jersey. A large selection of Sanchez though.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Looks like the Coogs are getting new Helmets.

I like the Thundercats helmets.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Helmet trends have shifted back towards shiny

I don't mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumbleGrumble
Jul 11, 2004

I really like the big logo on the red Houston helmet, but it would probably look better white. As far as shiny helmets go...

My personal favorite : http://www.longnightsshortdays.com/2012/01/03/oregon-ducks-chrome-helmet-rose-bowl/

And it looks like Baylor is doing a gold "everything" helmet : http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/baylor-shows-off-helmets-2013-season-185429438--ncaaf.html

• Locked thread