Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various
Mar 31, 2001
madeup
The thing with that is that I'm 99% sure that it's producer Chris's fault (gently caress you Chris) because the Dave Gorman podcast that he also produces does exactly the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Yeah, that opening noise is annoying. I tend to listen to The Bugle in the car during commutes, but I've taken to starting the podcast from my phone before it's connected to the stereo and wait to hear that noise come through the phone speaker before I plug it in.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I wanted to complain about that since episode 191, but I thought complaining about a very loud 1 second at the opening of a podcast was too much of a first world problem.

On another note, the cynicism of The Bugle is like a painful antidote for the high I got from reading the election threads in D&D. It's still funny, but now it stings a bit too.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
It's kind of entertaining listening to Chris squirm on the now former Dave Gorman podcast and the Bugle. He's trying to avoid the discussion on both.

For that matter, Andy was trying to avoid too much Bugle talk on 7 Day Sunday this week.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Heners_UK posted:

It's kind of entertaining listening to Chris squirm on the now former Dave Gorman podcast and the Bugle. He's trying to avoid the discussion on both.
Discussion of...?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

WoG posted:

Discussion of...?

Seemingly the existence of the other podcast... On either of them. Danielle Ward even alueded to his reputation in reference to a mistake on Pun Street.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Listening to the Producer Chris Podcast through my headphones at the moment, and there's something about Chris' recording here that's making my seasick, it feels like the audio is bouncing back and forth between left and right.

Anybody else getting that or am I going slightly crazy?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I think you're going crazy, sounded fine to me. Also it was great to let poor Chris muck about and fill time, it was both endearing and funny.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice

onoflalks posted:

Listening to the Producer Chris Podcast through my headphones at the moment, and there's something about Chris' recording here that's making my seasick, it feels like the audio is bouncing back and forth between left and right.

Anybody else getting that or am I going slightly crazy?

I noticed it a bit in the first half or so. I think it has cropped up in a couple other ... issues? of the show, but usually for only a few minutes of it. I don't think you're going crazy. Or maybe we both are :tinfoil:

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

ieatsoap6 posted:

I noticed it a bit in the first half or so. I think it has cropped up in a couple other ... issues? of the show, but usually for only a few minutes of it. I don't think you're going crazy. Or maybe we both are :tinfoil:

No, you aren't imagining it. He must have recorded using a stereo mic and didn't have the board setup completely correctly and so the left/right signals went slightly out of phase.
gently caress you Chris. Learn how to use your equipment.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

gently caress you Chris.

It was an alright podcast aside from breaking my head slightly.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
A: I really enjoyed last week's episode.
B: I'm super excited to see what kind of merch they make! :dance:

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

ieatsoap6 posted:

A: I really enjoyed last week's episode.
B: I'm super excited to see what kind of merch they make! :dance:
I'll believe it when I see it. They've been talking about selling poo poo for ages now.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

BobTheCow posted:

I'll believe it when I see it. They've been talking about selling poo poo for ages now.

Over a year, in fact. :v:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

BobTheCow posted:

Well, there's some movement at least, they've got a logo now!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'm pretty glad that I forgot that the phrase "The Tora Bora law ignorer" was a thing, because being reminded of it was a real treat.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed the two fucks that Chris forgot to go back and remove in the most recent episode. Makes me wish they would run the show uncensored.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

A Long Way Down posted:

I enjoyed the two fucks that Chris forgot to go back and remove in the most recent episode. Makes me wish they would run the show uncensored.

Absolutely not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y36ZaV95WcQ

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The bleeps make it funnier, this is well known.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Cliff-Diving was such a good episode :allears: The stuff about the germans had me cracking up while I was walking, leading to strange looks from passers-by

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Our fairytales are really, really messed up. will post some stuff when I'm not on my phone!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

It's nice to hear a good gently caress or oval office every now and then, but the bleeps are much funnier overall.

Popelmon posted:

Our fairytales are really, really messed up. will post some stuff when I'm not on my phone!

Please don't. I'd quite like to get some sleep at some point tonight.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I'd vote for a West Country Obama, drone strikes or no drone strikes.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

mrpwase posted:

I'd vote for a West Country Obama, drone strikes or no drone strikes.

The people in Kwik Fit today gave me funny looks when I was waiting on some new tyres because of Andy's accents.

I would, though, commit voter fraud for a Wes' Country Obarmar

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I just started listening to this recently and so far am very impressed at the quality of the material. Obviously a lot of the stuff is prepared but a decent amount seems off the cuff and is pretty fantastic. Am I right to assume that there is very little mutual preparation going by the amount of Oliver cracking up?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
The jokes are all pretty much written. But they don't compare notes beforehand.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The mutual childish sniggering at each other's jokes is one of the most endearing aspects of the show.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Bolek posted:

I just started listening to this recently and so far am very impressed at the quality of the material. Obviously a lot of the stuff is prepared but a decent amount seems off the cuff and is pretty fantastic. Am I right to assume that there is very little mutual preparation going by the amount of Oliver cracking up?

I doubt much preparation is mutual due to John working at the Daily Show and Andy still suffering from depression since London 2012 ended.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

onoflalks posted:

I doubt much preparation is mutual due to John working at the Daily Show and Andy still suffering from depression since London 2012 ended.

I assume forcing his kids to compete in events for him is helping.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

TACD posted:

The mutual childish sniggering at each other's jokes is one of the most endearing aspects of the show.

Every time Andy starts sniggering it sets me off, it's great.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

onoflalks posted:

We simply must airdrop some sport into London at the earliest opportunity, the nation's (and Andy's) sanity demands it.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Does Andy write for The Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bo-obama-receives-visiting-dognitaries-from-furugu,31075/

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Good Lord.

That should be illegal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I could hear the pun bell and also Johns utter disgust and hatred of mankind as I read that.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

That's glorious, absolutely glorious.

Also, this week's Bugle will be released upon the world on Sunday (tomorrow).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Where's my loving Bugle?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Where's my loving Bugle?

gently caress You Chris says

I don't think bleeping is as funny in text form :(

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: There's some kind of Bugle thing up :siren:

https://soundcloud.com/the-bugle/bugle-222-halfrica

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
gently caress you, Chris!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

20 minutes lost! Thank gently caress You Chris.

• Locked thread