Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Meltzer has said CONSTANTLY that Flair wouldn't be back on WWE TV while the TNA lawsuit was still hanging around.
And he did say that the lawsuit is unofficially dead since TNA hasn't done anything with it in a long time so WWE just waited long enough for Flair's no compete to end and then some before bringing him in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I know he said last week that there would be a welcome return on the show

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Like Rock or Bret Hart news, Dave's source for any Ric Flair news is almost certainly Dave's close friend Ric Flair, who probably asked Dave to not reveal it in full.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Cardboard Box posted:

I also think if Meltzer is personally asked not to reveal something, he won't.

And there are times where he's outright not allowed to, because of contracts and stuff like that, he could get someone fired for it, no matter how much influence that source has in the WWE

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

jeffersonlives posted:

Like Rock or Bret Hart news, Dave's source for any Ric Flair news is almost certainly Dave's close friend Ric Flair, who probably asked Dave to not reveal it in full.

Oh yeah, that's true, as well. I always forget that they're friends.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Are there been any details to Rock & Dave being friends? Just curious, seems like an odd couple sort of thing

Rock also likes Steen though so maybe he just likes wacky combos

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

triplexpac posted:

Are there been any details to Rock & Dave being friends? Just curious, seems like an odd couple sort of thing

Rock also likes Steen though so maybe he just likes wacky combos

Steen is a non-drinking, good-natured family man. It makes total sense that Rock likes him. Everyone should like him.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

Steen is a non-drinking, good-natured family man. It makes total sense that Rock likes him. Everyone should like him.

It's just incredibly cool that the Rock's a fan of his stuff, especially since he supposedly got heat after coming back for being a part timer who didn't really care about wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The guy(s) backstage who think/thought Rock doesn't care about wrestling are morons though

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah. If The Rock didn't care about wrestling, he wouldn't have come back at all.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I know this is about a year and a half old now, but holy god, if any of you haven't seen the FRENCH STALLION TOM LARUFFA episode of World of Hurt, you have to. BnV's review of it last year doesn't do it justice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have been listening to summer of 08 Adrenaline Flushes because I was in the mood to listen to rants about Samoa Joe: Terrible, Whiny, Yelling Babyface. I just came to a point where Bryan plays the song of them arguing over if 6 days and 20 hours is 6 or 7 days and I died. I forgot all about that.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

MassRayPer posted:

I have been listening to summer of 08 Adrenaline Flushes because I was in the mood to listen to rants about Samoa Joe: Terrible, Whiny, Yelling Babyface. I just came to a point where Bryan plays the song of them arguing over if 6 days and 20 hours is 6 or 7 days and I died. I forgot all about that.

Even when Vinny is right, he's wrong :smith:

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Everybody commenting in this thread about Meltzer saying Flair couldn't show up to RAW..... did you see the note on the site regarding this today?

Big Dave Meltzer posted:

According to WWE officials, Ric Flair has not been signed by the company and his appearance on RAW Monday night was considered a guest shot.

Perhaps that was a loophole since he didn't actually sign any contracts and that makes Dave's previous statements still valid?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There doesn't need to be any conspiracy. When Dave is asked to keep something quiet he almost always does.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I like when Dave tells stories that are 90% likely to be a specific person, but he protects their identity.

Like the time about 2 years back when Bret Hartone of the biggest stars in WWE history ate dinner with some current guys after a show and was shocked nobody knew or cared what the gate was and how it compared to the last time they were in town.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I like when Dave tells stories that are 90% likely to be a specific person, but he protects their identity.

Like the time about 2 years back when Bret Hartone of the biggest stars in WWE history ate dinner with some current guys after a show and was shocked nobody knew or cared what the gate was and how it compared to the last time they were in town.

Something similar happened on the Grizzly Redwood episode of Art of Wrestling, where Bret Harta former WWE champion came to a few ROH shows for special appearances and ended up smoking weed with Grizzly after the shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Euthyphro posted:

Something similar happened on the Grizzly Redwood episode of Art of Wrestling, where Bret Harta former WWE champion came to a few ROH shows for special appearances and ended up smoking weed with Grizzly after the shows.

Maybe it was Flair!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It was Bruno!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Or that time someone was going to guest referee a Mania match and it was going to be announced in Texas and Bryan was like "oh, I wonder who that could be... Dave, your thoughts?"

And Dave goes. "Well, I mean, I know so I can't say. Y'know"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

Dave was under the impression Ric was getting signed, so that would mean Ric was under that impression which is kind of interesting given that it was one time only. Either Dave heard from someone not in the loop on the nature of the appearance or Flair was in for some disappointment when he got to the building.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Vinny's gettin' ma-a-a-rried. Gonna get ma-a-a-rried.

:3:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LordPants posted:

what

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LordPants posted:

WEDDING SHOW!! Man I hope he invites Brent...

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

LordPants posted:

I literally resubscribed because of this post.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I still remember being blown away on the episode where Dave congratulates Bryan for getting married. I had no idea the guy was even engaged or anything, my jaw dropped as I was walking down the street

As dumb as it is, I've been listening to these guys for so many years now, they've kind of become part of my life.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I always want to go to the meet-ups to actually meet Bryan and Vinny and mostly Brent, but every single one seems to falls on some unmissable event like my wedding in Vegas, or the re-wedding I had to have in Seattle because people get pissed off when you elope, or my mom's wedding in Texas. I'm always out of town or can't go.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The discussion of the giant chair on today's Bryan and Vinny show was more amazing than the idea of Vince getting married.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRayPer posted:

The discussion of the giant chair on today's Bryan and Vinny show was more amazing than the idea of Vince getting married.

God what I wouldn't give, but I just can't justify the expense for a subscription. Why do you need to be so darned expensive, F4W/WON? :smith::arghfist:

Oh well, I'll just try to imagine it. :3:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

God what I wouldn't give, but I just can't justify the expense for a subscription. Why do you need to be so darned expensive, F4W/WON? :smith::arghfist:

It's well worth $11 a month to get excited every time there might be snow in the Seattle area because you know it will ruin Bryan's life for a few days.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also how annoyed he was at Leonard F/P Chikarason saying he'd (Bryan) lost his passion for wrestling. To the point where he offered LF/PC 45 minutes to talk about whatever he wanted on a show if he apologised.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It could wind up on the Best Of compilation that dude on The Board makes at the end of the year which is free

Also I have totally sat in the enormous chair at the Seattle Science Center Bryan mentions when theorizing Big Show stole the chair from a local science museum

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 19, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

It's well worth $11 a month to get excited every time there might be snow in the Seattle area because you know it will ruin Bryan's life for a few days.
It ruins all of our lives for days. There's no plows and hills everywhere. I love when he complains about it because I get to nod my head all "drat right."

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

LividLiquid posted:

It ruins all of our lives for days. There's no plows and hills everywhere. I love when he complains about it because I get to nod my head all "drat right."

Be fair. The mayor spent like $175,000 to make sure his neighborhood got plowed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oatgan posted:

It could wind up on the Best Of compilation that dude on The Board makes at the end of the year which is free

Also I have totally sat in the enormous chair at the Seattle Science Center Bryan mentions when theorizing Big Show stole the chair from a local science museum

I was waiting for a joke about any chair Bryan sits in being a giant chair.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I still remember being blown away on the episode where Dave congratulates Bryan for getting married. I had no idea the guy was even engaged or anything, my jaw dropped as I was walking down the street

As dumb as it is, I've been listening to these guys for so many years now, they've kind of become part of my life.

I think they treated it much like Vinny's announcement today. Mentioned offhandedly at the top of a B&V show, then nothing until that one day where it became the Bryan and Vinny and Lance Show because Storm was in town for the wedding.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In today's 10 Minute Afternoon update Bryan does math.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRayPer posted:

In today's 10 Minute Afternoon update Bryan does math.
If it's not Steiner Math, it ain't nothing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Perigryn posted:

If it's not Steiner Math, it ain't nothing.

Steiner Math adds up, so Bryan can't pull that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Steiner Math adds up, so Bryan can't pull that off.

Really, fool?

I don't think you are a fool, I just like how Bryan calls everyone (including his Grandmother) a fool.

• Locked thread