Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LordPants posted:

Really, fool?

I don't think you are a fool, I just like how Bryan calls everyone (including his Grandmother) a fool.

Yeah, sometimes he gets RILLY mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Steiner Math adds up, so Bryan can't pull that off.

In case anyone doesn't get the reference here, this can never be reposted enough.
Steiner Math

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I just renewed my Observer subscription for a month and I wwas wondering if there was any sort of s Larry Sweeney memorial show you guys could point out. It occurred to me that Bryan should have known him at least a little bit since they wrestled a few times and Bryan even won the Texarkana belt off of him at one point.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

I just renewed my Observer subscription for a month and I wwas wondering if there was any sort of s Larry Sweeney memorial show you guys could point out. It occurred to me that Bryan should have known him at least a little bit since they wrestled a few times and Bryan even won the Texarkana belt off of him at one point.

I think if you check the week he passed away, there's several shows talking about it. Including, as I recall, Bryan and Chris Hero talking about him in a manner that sounds like what you're looking for.

Fake Edit: Just looked, it's the April 12 2011 Observer show.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Observer posted:

Steven Borden Jr., or as his fans south of the border would call him, El Hijo del Sting, a 6-foot-3, 250 pound tight end, who was all conference at Kilgore (Texas) Junior College this season, is looking to transfer to the University of Kentucky. He was in Lexington with his father over the weekend talking with the coaching staff and indicated he would sign later this week with either Kentucky, or possibly Texas Tech, which were both after him. Borden Jr. grew up in Southern California, but his father and family moved to Waxahachie, TX, when he was a high school senior
:10bux: says WWE signs him in five years and brings him up as Steven Johnson Jr or something like that.

edit:

:what:

quote:

How’s this for perks of owning a company. UFC had its company Christmas party on 12/17, and since Dana White is a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, well, that’s who played at the company’s Christmas party.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 21, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

:10bux: says WWE signs him in five years and brings him up as Steven Johnson Jr or something like that.

edit:

:what:

I believe they did the same kind of thing last year with a similar band. If Dana could he'd probably book Rage Against the Machine for his birthday party.

In other news Bryan deserves credit for making it a couple of weeks before he missed his first Daily Audio update.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRayPer posted:

I believe they did the same kind of thing last year with a similar band. If Dana could he'd probably book Rage Against the Machine for his birthday party.

In other news Bryan deserves credit for making it a couple of weeks before he missed his first Daily Audio update.

I'd give him a pass. He had to do the Todd show today.

Also, Bryan ranting about Dave's faxes from Japan was GOLD.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 21, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

Like hell they will...

There won't be a 'Jr.' in there and you know it. :colbert:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I am DYING at Bryan playing the Christmas songs and he keeps coming across perverted songs. I can't breathe.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

I am DYING at Bryan playing the Christmas songs and he keeps coming across perverted songs. I can't breathe.

My coworkers keep looking over here because I can't keep it together.

The Sting song was just perfection.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 21, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah those Christmas songs were pretty good. I like how Granny enjoyed some of the lovely ones, although maybe she was just being nice for once.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah those Christmas songs were pretty good. I like how Granny enjoyed some of the lovely ones, although maybe she was just being nice for once.

She liked the one about herself, one by the same people that did the song about her, and the last one was probably from someone she recognized from her facebook page.

I'm just glad I didn't skip the Granny segment like I normally do because that Sting song was so great.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Perigryn posted:

Like hell they will...

There won't be a 'Jr.' in there and you know it. :colbert:

:golfclap:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sportsgenius86 posted:

My coworkers keep looking over here because I can't keep it together.

The Stink song was just perfection.

The little pause at the end of the third "Stink You're Wronk" was the best part

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
After hours of TNA rants I was reminded of my favorite moment in the history of Figure Four Online Slash Wrestling Observer Dot Com:

http://www.ultimatepokerbankroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ONESTAR.mp3

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. Anyone who remembers the context of this clip should probably consider some changes to their life.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

MassRayPer posted:

After hours of TNA rants I was reminded of my favorite moment in the history of Figure Four Online Slash Wrestling Observer Dot Com:

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. Anyone who remembers the context of this clip should probably consider some changes to their life.

Jenna/Sharmell?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Jenna/Sharmell?

I believe Jenna/Sharmell was the infamous NEGATIVE FIVE STARS drop.

The sound quality of that clip alone makes me think its probably a decade old.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRayPer posted:

It was, I wanna say Bryan yelling at Vinny for giving a Kong/Sojo Bolt match one star for a brutal looking spot.

I've been re-listening to the TNA Reviews, that's the only reason I remember.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was, I wanna say Bryan yelling at Vinny for giving a Kong/Sojo Bolt match one star for a brutal looking spot.

I've been re-listening to the TNA Reviews, that's the only reason I remember.

You are correct.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 22, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My god, I couldn't breathe during "Stink was Wronk"

edit: Does anyone remember what UWF review had "He'll need two dicks for all bitches he'll be loving?"

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 22, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LordPants posted:

My god, I couldn't breathe during "Stink was Wronk"

edit: Does anyone remember what UWF review had "He'll need two dicks for all bitches he'll be loving?"

If memory serves it was the Street King show, because I was in KFC at the time of listening and was outright crying with laughter.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I thank god everyday for TNA just so I can have BnV moments like scimpact and stink you're wronk.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Jack Krauser posted:

I hope they get played at some time. THAT is how you build something up.

Anyone remember which show Dave's Lonnie Mayne story was from?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BEST OF 2012 IS OUT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

BEST OF 2012 IS OUT

Why do these things have to come out before the year is over? Especially before the drat Christmas show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

Why do these things have to come out before the year is over? Especially before the drat Christmas show.

December 2011 - Nov 2012?

Wait no. It has a December 2012 moment.

Either way, it's over 4 and a half hours.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

BEST OF 2012 IS OUT

Number one had better be the Lonnie Mayne story because that's probably the hardest I've laughed at any observer show ever.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Are the Best Of shows on The Board? I avoid that evil place.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

BEST OF 2012 IS OUT

It's free, right? Where is it?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's free, right? Where is it?

The radio show section of The Board.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I can't think of anything this year that I absolutely lost it over, but I'm sure once I start listening, that they'll all come flooding back to me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

I can't think of anything this year that I absolutely lost it over, but I'm sure once I start listening, that they'll all come flooding back to me.

Brent has been on B&V more than once this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lonnie Mayne, the Granny Limp Bizkit song, UWF stuff, Todd making GBS threads on Dave during that UFC thing, holiday sauce and Todd's review of the Dick Slater book need to all be on there.

The Dick Slater review was loving hilarious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I listen to almost every Dr. Lucha show and I can't believe I missed the fantasy booking segment. That is the best idea ever.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I wonder how many copies of Mighty Bomb Jack Bryan is going to receive as gifts during the Christmas Show.

Edit: It appears they might be taping it right now?
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/282675114414317568/photo/1

Euthyphro fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 23, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Man I forgot the videogame derail was this year, I was a broken man in the supermarket listening to that first time round.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Stink was runk.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/282733016940429313/photo/1

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So they DID record the Christmas show tonight. Who is that? Vinny? I've seen him in person before, but I still can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yup, that's Vince.

I also hope they do a regular show tomorrow with Bryan being near death.

• Locked thread