Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i liked the bit where someone pestered him for ten pages to post his drawings, then he posted this

...and claimed it only looks bad because his scanner broke and the camera loses some of the fine details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
makes sense to me, my posts are only bad because the iphone keyboard loses some of the finer details

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sweevo posted:

i liked the bit where someone pestered him for ten pages to post his drawings, then he posted this

...and claimed it only looks bad because his scanner broke and the camera loses some of the fine details.

IT IS I, THE POWERFUL CROTCHMOUTH!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
what's up with his right arm / does he have one / am i missing it?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"i don't have time to draw both arms, this code i found on pastebin won't steal itself!"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
SKELETORS LASANGA ARM

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol barons please use that thing's weird toothy nutsack as your next av

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

lol barons please use that thing's weird toothy nutsack as your next av

BARONS CROTCH BITER ?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

testicle dentata

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

maniacdevnull posted:

testicle dentata

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

In the grimdark future of universal male sterilization, testicles are fighting back

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

same

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
is unity really that easy to write code in? it looks more basic than c# :stare:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i guess that explains all those terrible mobile games

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

If unity is easier than c# then consider me your next lovely mobile game developer

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

is unity really that easy to write code in? it looks more basic than c# :stare:

well yeah thats kind of the whole point of it. rpg maker but more advanced

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://pastebin.com/w8aNDZEG

i mean just look at that code, it's exactly like c#/java but even dumber

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

http://pastebin.com/w8aNDZEG

i mean just look at that code, it's exactly like c#/java but even dumber

even better is that i think a lot of that code was autogenerated with some gui or whatever instead of even needing to be typed?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
Somebody paint a super detailed version of crotch skeletor please okay thanks

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
unity supports c# through mono and javascript. there's a lot of crappy unity games but there's also a lot of very good ones out there. its not in the same realm as rpg/game maker at all in terms of limitations and ease of use.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
unity is perfectly good. you just can't hide behind it. if you're a lovely coder, you'll make a lovely game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i just figured it'd be hard to follow like xna is for me

i've picked it up a few times and i'm like :aslol: i'll go back to my xaml and .net 4.5 thanks

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
also holy poo poo what is it with kickstarters

so i started clicking around in the games section which i should've never done but i was looking at the will wheaton and shadow run kickstarter updates

it has been over half a year and they literally have nothing to show for it past some glorified blogging about nothing

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

flyboi posted:

i just figured it'd be hard to follow like xna is for me

i've picked it up a few times and i'm like :aslol: i'll go back to my xaml and .net 4.5 thanks

dont bother xna is dead. unity is hard to pick up but thats because its more comprable to unreal engine than anything else.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
ya i know it's dead now but that was the one time i thought i wanted to make games

it's really sad that i can pump out snes games no problem but tech today makes me go :psypop:

also lol, that yogswhatever tard group posted an alpha of their game, it looks like minecraft http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures/posts

who wants to bet notch sues them into oblivion over the whole minecraft vs yogstard thing

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

flyboi posted:

will wheaton...glorified blogging about nothing

and this is a surprise because

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

dude, your fly's open

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
but if xna is dead then what we will have for the next xbox indie games service :(

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

flyboi posted:

ya i know it's dead now but that was the one time i thought i wanted to make games

it's really sad that i can pump out snes games no problem but tech today makes me go :psypop:

grab unity and give it a go, the learning curve is kinda steep but it'll save you so much fuckery.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Install Gentoo posted:

but if xna is dead then what we will have for the next xbox indie games service :(

ballmer's flaccid penis slapping against your tear stained cheeks

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

Install Gentoo posted:

C and SDL

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dr. Honked posted:

grab unity and give it a go, the learning curve is kinda steep but it'll save you so much fuckery.

nah i got a pretty sweet project that'll keep me busy for months as whenever i get my chips from hong kong i can write my own snes carts

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

also lol, that yogswhatever tard group posted an alpha of their game, it looks like minecraft http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures/posts

who wants to bet notch sues them into oblivion over the whole minecraft vs yogstard thing

it's minecraft except with the building and mining parts heavily restricted.

lol.

like you can't actually destroy much of the terrain and you can't really build a lot of stuff either. taking minecraft and removing the two main reasons anyone plays it.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

flyboi posted:

nah i got a pretty sweet project that'll keep me busy for months as whenever i get my chips from hong kong i can write my own snes carts

woah nice

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343248998/cheetahmen-ii-the-lost-levels?ref=category

:stare:

:stare:

:barf:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
oh my god this is hilarious that kickstarter is such a scam all they're doing is burning the "fixed" rom that's out on the internet to cartridges and cashing out

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
by kickstarter metrics that's a runaway success

like actually delivering something??

any word on those ouya dev kits? should've been delivered by now yea?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

oh my god this is hilarious that kickstarter is such a scam all they're doing is burning the "fixed" rom that's out on the internet to cartridges and cashing out

is it more or less of a scam then the original action 52 and the company behind it which came up with promises like

consider.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JawnV6 posted:

by kickstarter metrics that's a runaway success

like actually delivering something??

any word on those ouya dev kits? should've been delivered by now yea?

ouya devkits start getting sent out on december 28

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Install Gentoo posted:

is it more or less of a scam then the original action 52 and the company behind it which came up with promises like

consider.

tv tuner - useless

• Locked thread