Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Eh, that seems like a good price for a starter kit on TS3 for people like me who have been holding off buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Maybe I'm just special when it comes to needing to have everything out before I start playing. If I start an old game I need all the dlc/expansions from day 1 or I feel I'm missing out on the current "best" way to play it.

I guess I'll sleep on it, but it still leaves a sour taste, knowing there are five more expansions to buy if we get into it. That's another $100 I'm sure. $150 for one game? It just doesn't feel right. I'd expect a starter pack to have more or cost less.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Sorry if this has been asked, but do you know the price Far Cry 3 will be in the EC sale? Or if you can't give that away, would it be better off buying it now for the Steam price match ($37)?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

You probably just shouldn't play Sims 3 because it's more of a platform for nickel-and-diming you then a game. You realize there's an in-game store with probably an additional $250 in objects that isn't in the expansion or stuff packs? Would you need all that too?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

epitasis posted:

You probably just shouldn't play Sims 3 because it's more of a platform for nickel-and-diming you then a game. You realize there's an in-game store with probably an additional $250 in objects that isn't in the expansion or stuff packs? Would you need all that too?

It's the gameplay rather than the objects I'm interested in. I can live without an Aerosmith themed guitar. I can't live without the ability to be a rock star if its part of the game.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Hey Tony, is there any way that it can be made easier to get to the digital PC games main page? Whenever I want to check out the specials of the day, I can never figure out how to get there, and I end up searching for digital games and trying to get to the main page from there. Sometimes I get there, sometimes I get to some different page.

I may just be missing something really obvious, though.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Anonymous Robot posted:

Hey Tony, is there any way that it can be made easier to get to the digital PC games main page? Whenever I want to check out the specials of the day, I can never figure out how to get there, and I end up searching for digital games and trying to get to the main page from there. Sometimes I get there, sometimes I get to some different page.

Shop by Department -> Digital Games and Software -> Game Downloads?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

epitasis posted:

I really hate the premium and freemium models. It needs to die now.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Doesn't address the larger issue, but there's a link in the OP

Julien
Jun 26, 2007

Meanies only take NO
for an answer!

epitasis posted:

Yeah this. Part of playing the Sims is accepting the fact that, to a greater or lesser degree, it's a money sink. The expansions and stuff packs go on sale often enough through the various download retailers that if you're patient enough, you can probably acquire the "whole game" for $100 or $150.

But the content on the Sims store is outrageously expensive and they are constantly cranking out more of it. So if you're OCD like me and you mindlessly acquire DLC so you can feel like you have a complete game (even though you know some of it is worthless) you really have to check that mentality at the door or go broke. I just pretend there is no Sims store. On the upside, there is a massive amount of high quality fan made content out there.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Don't suppose there's any chance of getting the season passes associated with the games in the EC into the EC?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
FYI guys, the EC list just got a whole lot cooler.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Early childhood?

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

Snowy posted:

Early childhood?

Editor's Choice would be my guess

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Editor's Choice, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511
But I don't see anything new on the page yet.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Uh, does this mean it's free with the 5$ off coupon?

Hotline Miami
List Price:$9.99
Price:$4.99
You Save:$5.00 (50%)

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Uh farming simulator 2013? That game oozes cool.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Im_Special posted:

Uh, does this mean it's free with the 5$ off coupon?

Hotline Miami
List Price:$9.99
Price:$4.99
You Save:$5.00 (50%)
It'll probably be at most 25% off during the Editor's Choice sale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Editor's Choice, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511
But I don't see anything new on the page yet.

Most of the games on the editor choice makes sense, but when did people buy a ton of copies of Vessel?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

gibbed posted:

It'll probably be at most 25% off during the Editor's Choice sale.
Some games were free after coupon last year, this could be as well. We'll find out in 12 hours.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Are coupons still possible to get and are there any super cheap things to buy that give coupons?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Secret world isn't on the editors choice yet so I guess there's more being added as we speculate.

Spore is still at the same (admittedly nice and cheap) price it's been all week too. I'm guessing today's deals aren't live yet?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Tremors posted:

Are coupons still possible to get and are there any super cheap things to buy that give coupons?

Even dlc gives you a voucher. Anything you buy on the digital game store.
http://www.amazon.com/CCP-Games-41220nline-Trial2-Download/dp/B00A3ECGCI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356984825&sr=1-1 might work even though its a "free" trial at 1c. If not http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-DLC-Schmash-Hammer-Download/dp/B009DKZYNQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356984825&sr=1-2 for dlc or even splash out and spend 90c on a full game, the critically acclaimed http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Diaries-High-School-Mystery/dp/B0055531X8/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356984935&sr=1-9

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

EVE won't work, barbie won't work. Unless it says

quote:

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)
it won't work.

Edit: Midway down the page not at the top of the page.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004
Been holding out for Dark Souls. I did buy something else and got the $5 voucher for the end of year editors choice sale.

I'm guessing though that we're still in the dark if the current sale prices will stay or be partially lifted for the sale? I'm curious because if its more expensive even with the $5 voucher than pulling the trigger now, that'd be good to know.

Right now I'm hanging on and hoping that this voucher will actually lower the cost further.

Any solid leads on if its going to be worth holding out?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rodney-CK posted:

You wanna hold out:

AmazonTony posted:

Yep, we'll have it on sale and part of the Editor's Choice List in January, it'll be $17.99 or $12.99 after coupon.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 31, 2012

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Rirse posted:

Most of the games on the editor choice makes sense, but when did people buy a ton of copies of Vessel?

Editor's Choice != tons of sales. It means games that the "Editor's" (read people I work with) chose as their favorite games this year.

I'm an Editor and I know one of the guys who made Vessel so I added to the list.

Hopefully it gets some attention, it is a super legit game.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Editor's Choice != tons of sales. It means games that the "Editor's" (read people I work with) chose as their favorite games this year.

I'm an Editor and I know one of the guys who made Vessel so I added to the list.

Hopefully it gets some attention, it is a super legit game.

Earlier you mentioned that you'll add Kingdoms of Amalur to the EC list but it's not on there, any info on that?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523213&userid=193636&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post410922449

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Vessel is a cool game and I'll probably be using my $5 on it unless Far Cry 3 drops to like 25 or 20 after the coupon. Which I'm guessing it won't thus I'll probably be getting Vessel. Fairly solid EC list overall. Xcom and Borderlands 2 were both fantastic games this year.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Will the Steam version of Walking Dead stay more expensive than the Mac version?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

K. Flaps posted:

Will the Steam version of Walking Dead stay more expensive than the Mac version?

I'm pretty sure there aren't really different versions of WD, Amazon has different entries but either serial will work with either OS.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Is there any way to tell how many $5 EC coupons you have? I think I have 3 or 4 but I'm not sure.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So the sims starter pack is in the $5 off editors choice?

I'm warming to it. It's not what I wanted, but...

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Rodney-CK posted:

Been holding out for Dark Souls. I did buy something else and got the $5 voucher for the end of year editors choice sale.

I'm guessing though that we're still in the dark if the current sale prices will stay or be partially lifted for the sale? I'm curious because if its more expensive even with the $5 voucher than pulling the trigger now, that'd be good to know.

Right now I'm hanging on and hoping that this voucher will actually lower the cost further.

I've done a couple of updates, and thought I added stuff to the OP, I'm out sick today so I'll post a full list with links later but so far here's what we're looking at (all prices are pre-coupon) :

1. Hotline Miami - $7.49
2. FIFA 13 - $19.99
3. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $35.99
4. Need for Speed Most Wanted - $29.99
5. FIFA Manager 13 - $19.99
6. C&C Ultimate - $29.99
7. Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99
8. Mass Effect 3 - $14.99
9. Mass Effect 3 DD - $19.99
10. Kingdoms of Amalur + 2 DLC - $14.99
11. Medal of Honor Warfighter - $26.99
12. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $17.99

I have a bunch of stuff from 2K as well, but it doesn't start until 1/2. Those of you who didn't get a 2K coupon but have an EC coupon will be able to get in on the cheaper bundle action. We will also possibly be featuring NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2 and XCOM, not nailed down yet though. If we do the pre-coupon price for each would be 50% off.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Earlier you mentioned that you'll add Kingdoms of Amalur to the EC list but it's not on there, any info on that?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523213&userid=193636&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post410922449

See my previous reply

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

AmazonTony posted:

I've done a couple of updates, and thought I added stuff to the OP, I'm out sick today so I'll post a full list with links later but so far here's what we're looking at (all prices are pre-coupon) :

1. Hotline Miami - $7.49
2. FIFA 13 - $19.99
3. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $35.99
4. Need for Speed Most Wanted - $29.99
5. FIFA Manager 13 - $19.99
6. C&C Ultimate - $29.99
7. Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99
8. Mass Effect 3 - $14.99
9. Mass Effect 3 DD - $19.99
10. Kingdoms of Amalur + 2 DLC - $14.99
11. Medal of Honor Warfighter - $26.99
12. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $17.99

I have a bunch of stuff from 2K as well, but it doesn't start until 1/2. Those of you who didn't get a 2K coupon but have an EC coupon will be able to get in on the cheaper bundle action. We will also possibly be featuring NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2 and XCOM, not nailed down yet though. If we do the pre-coupon price for each would be 50% off.

Awesome! Can't wait for $9.99 NBA 2k13 (hopefully)

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Will Hitman be on an editors choice or should I pick it up for this price now?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

it doesn't start until 1/2

Are there any plans for additional games to be added to the EC list after that date?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Are there any plans for additional games to be added to the EC list after that date?

Hopefully. I'm hoping to add stuff all month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So is spore getting any cheaper? I've held off at 7.50 because it was listed as a headline deal for today, but its still 7.50

Don't get me wrong. If it isn't going any lower I'm buying at that price.

• Locked thread