Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Do those sell prices last all month or only the ability to use the coupons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I love how they have this helpful piece of advice on the EC page:

"Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox."

Yea do this people, instead of, you know, having the amount of your promo credit easily available on amazon. :v:

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Masonity posted:

So is spore getting any cheaper? I've held off at 7.50 because it was listed as a headline deal for today, but its still 7.50

Don't get me wrong. If it isn't going any lower I'm buying at that price.

yeah that't the sale price. We were PMing someone else at $7.49 previously which is why it look weird that the sale "starts today". I desperately need a crystal ball...

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I love how they have this helpful piece of advice on the EC page:

"Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox."

Yea do this people, instead of, you know, having the amount of your promo credit easily available on amazon. :v:

We're working on a better way to display this.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do those sell prices last all month or only the ability to use the coupons?

I could not understand this question, and thus, cannot answer it.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AmazonTony posted:

He's asking of the upcoming sale prices will last the month of January alongside the $5 promotional credit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AmazonTony posted:

All right, I will try again. These editors choice games last for all of January, and you posted some prices they will be at last page. Will those prices stay for the whole month or will the revert to the current price at any point?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

All right, I will try again. These editors choice games last for all of January, and you posted some prices they will be at last page. Will those prices stay for the whole month or will the revert to the current price at any point?

Ah that I understand.

The prices listed will run for specific periods, the EA stuff is 1/1-1/6 Darksouls is through 1/5 then goes to $19.99 or $14.99 after coupon until 1/12.

The 2K stuff is gonna go from 1/2-1/9.

I'll list dates when I list deals.

Hotline Miami should be good through 1/5

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

AmazonTony posted:

yeah that't the sale price. We were PMing someone else at $7.49 previously which is why it look weird that the sale "starts today". I desperately need a crystal ball...

Confusing, but fair enough. Ill grab it in a little while then. :)

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Onion Rings posted:

Uh farming simulator 2013? That game oozes cool.

Want dat game.

Tony I have a new pitch for my Farming Sim 2013 / Miasmata / idk what else bundle:

The Non-Violent Games pack, games where you don't hurt anyone (or at least don't need to) to progress. Don't Starve could be a good inclusion as well, but I don't think that's on Amazon yet. Sadly I'm having a hard time thinking of other good stuff you could include.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

This is good. Thank you for the info!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AmazonTony posted:

I've done a couple of updates, and thought I added stuff to the OP, I'm out sick today so I'll post a full list with links later but so far here's what we're looking at (all prices are pre-coupon) :

1. Hotline Miami - $7.49
2. FIFA 13 - $19.99
3. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $35.99
4. Need for Speed Most Wanted - $29.99
5. FIFA Manager 13 - $19.99
6. C&C Ultimate - $29.99
7. Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99
8. Mass Effect 3 - $14.99
9. Mass Effect 3 DD - $19.99
10. Kingdoms of Amalur + 2 DLC - $14.99
11. Medal of Honor Warfighter - $26.99
12. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $17.99

I have a bunch of stuff from 2K as well, but it doesn't start until 1/2. Those of you who didn't get a 2K coupon but have an EC coupon will be able to get in on the cheaper bundle action. We will also possibly be featuring NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2 and XCOM, not nailed down yet though. If we do the pre-coupon price for each would be 50% off.

Awesome deals Tony. Looking forward to gifting the hell out of Hotline Miami and Vessel. The latter was definitely a hidden gem.

Any chance at all we'll be seeing another Guild Wars 2 sale? If not I'll have to pick it up from Greenmangaming for $40.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So, if I understand it correctly, people interested in buying The Secret World have two options, right?

A.) Buy the game now for about $23 from Amazon and get the expansion pack for free whenever it's released (as the developers have indicated), or
B.) Wait until January when it's an Editor's Choice game on Amazon and can be obtained there for $13 with the use of a promotional coupon, and take a chance on the expansion pack later.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
I know the sale on this hasn't started, but if I were somehow unaware of upcoming sales etc, I would be like "Sweet a bundle.....wait wtf with that price $170 all together but $89 seperate? Nevermind"

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Hey, quick question: If I buy multiple items that have the $5 Editor's Choice credit listed on the store page, do I get multiple $5 credits? Or just one? I know I can only use one at a time when redeeming.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Coffee Wolf posted:

I know the sale on this hasn't started, but if I were somehow unaware of upcoming sales etc, I would be like "Sweet a bundle.....wait wtf with that price $170 all together but $89 seperate? Nevermind"

That way they can offer 70% off down to $50! :-p

But that's probably the list full retail price while the current non bundle prices are current sold for prices.

It'll be $50 tomorrow. So it's a good deal but not the great deal we hoped for.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

AmazonTony posted:

I'm an Editor and I know one of the guys who made Vessel so I added to the list.

Hopefully it gets some attention, it is a super legit game.

Word, it's very legit, check it out if you like puzzle platformer games.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Slate Action posted:

So, if I understand it correctly, people interested in buying The Secret World have two options, right?

A.) Buy the game now for about $23 from Amazon and get the expansion pack for free whenever it's released (as the developers have indicated), or
B.) Wait until January when it's an Editor's Choice game on Amazon and can be obtained there for $13 with the use of a promotional coupon, and take a chance on the expansion pack later.

That is what I'm assuming, based on what Tony said earlier about it being planned as an EC game for $17.99.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Any plans for a $1 or free game (with coupon obviously)? Like DNF last year. Though if you do one, hopefully a game better than DNF..

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Aww man, I can't wait to buy Hotline Miami for 2.50. :allears:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Tony, why do digital purchases have to be one-click? That means that I can't shop with all my rewards points saved up from the holidays :smith: (really, is there a business reason? I'm curious)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Do the $5 off coupons stack at all? If I have 3 of them, can I use them all toward Dark Souls?

Eudaimonian
Feb 14, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Do the $5 off coupons stack at all? If I have 3 of them, can I use them all toward Dark Souls?

Nope. One per purchase.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

No.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Eudaimonian posted:

Nope. One per purchase.

Darn. Looks like there are plenty of great deals coming up anyway. Kingdoms of Amalur is EA right? So that's going to be for Origin only right?

Eudaimonian
Feb 14, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Darn. Looks like there are plenty of great deals coming up anyway. Kingdoms of Amalur is EA right? So that's going to be for Origin only right?

Yep. If you want Steam, you might not get it. The last sale for just the base game was still $40 and that was a while ago.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Eudaimonian posted:

Yep. If you want Steam, you might not get it. The last sale for just the base game was still $40 and that was a while ago.

Got it. Thanks for the help. Gonna keep my hopes up for some Borderlands 2 Season Pass then.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Richard M Nixon posted:

Tony, why do digital purchases have to be one-click? That means that I can't shop with all my rewards points saved up from the holidays :smith: (really, is there a business reason? I'm curious)

It is always better to shop with money and pay off the balance with rewards points. It is the same thing but you get more points for your new purchase.

So it doesn't make business sense but it does protect you from making a silly mistake.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I was just ordering a game off of Amazon, and I got an error page that said

quote:

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

I mean, obviously what I need to do is wait 4 more hours but just curious if anyone else got that at some point, and did it mean your credit card company was freezing your account or something or if it's just a small issue that will be hopefully resolved soon?

E: And just as soon as I had a problem, it went away. Order just went through, game's in my library. Nothing to see here :razz:.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 1, 2013

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

DrProsek posted:

I was just ordering a game off of Amazon, and I got an error page that said

I mean, obviously what I need to do is wait 4 more hours but just curious if anyone else got that at some point, and did it mean your credit card company was freezing your account or something or if it's just a small issue that will be hopefully resolved soon?
It's just something Amazon does randomly. I've gotten it when paying with gift card balance so I don't think it's credit card related. It's always been resolved within a short time in my experience.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So I'm not seeing The Secret World on the 2012 Editors' Choice page anymore. What's up with that?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So when does the $5 promotion start? I'm itching to buy some $13 Dark Souls.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So when does the $5 promotion start? I'm itching to buy some $13 Dark Souls.

about 15 mins.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Sighence posted:

So I'm not seeing The Secret World on the 2012 Editors' Choice page anymore. What's up with that?

Just an error, the credit will apply. I'll add TSW again now.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Just bought Hotline Miami for 2.49$, can't argue with that price.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Just bought Hotline Miami for 2.49$, can't argue with that price.

Me too, now to see what all the fuss is about

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Are some of the (non 2k I know that's the 2nd onwards) deals not live yet? Amalur isn't showing on editors choice yet, and secret world is still over $20 not $18.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Masonity posted:

Are some of the (non 2k I know that's the 2nd onwards) deals not live yet? Amalur isn't showing on editors choice yet, and secret world is still over $20 not $18.

Everything should now be live.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Do we get the $5 discount on Medal of Honor Warfighter? I can't see it anywhere in the Editor's Choice page.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
It's very few hours into 2013 and I've already bought a game. Some deal that Hotline Miami with coupon.

Am I correct in assuming that Amazon doesn't carry the Steam Ys games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Everything should now be live.

Amalur & dlc as a pack doesn't even exist yet. Sort it out tomorrow though, enjoy tonight. Happy new year. And thanks for the heads up. About to order 2 copies of secret world. :-)

• Locked thread