Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

He's now the guy who organises the F4W Convention, and has a podcast Bryan pimps in the Friday updates if he's the one writing them.

Actually, Dave plugged Ed's show in an update recently, which was bizarre, because it was Dave's writing style, but he's talking about Craig and Cutrer, which felt... wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ed you are standing on my foot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got around to the best of compilation.

LEAVE GOAT MAN ALONE!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/12/26/aow-127-drake-younger/

New AOW with Drake Younger with CM Punk and Cliff and Punk agrees with me how Miz sucks.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I had never heard about how Dave got the luchas name until now, that was pretty great

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ahaha CM Punk unknowingly bumping into Dave Chappelle at the gym.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From the Bryan and Vinny Show: "So I'm The Miz, you gently caress?"

It finally occurred to me while rewatching Jaws today how much Bryan sounds like Matt Hooper.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Going through the Best of 2012 comp, god drat I'd forgotten how great the Larry Zbyszko segment was. I love that goofy poo poo

EDIT: Bryan is such a loving great interviewer when he wants to be. Straight out with "I wanna come back to the monoliths real quick..." without blinking an eye

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 30, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That Zbyszko interview really was one of the best things on the site. Why was Bryan even interviewing him, anyway? What was Larry plugging?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

That Zbyszko interview really was one of the best things on the site. Why was Bryan even interviewing him, anyway? What was Larry plugging?

I feel like he was appearing on some small show with his kid but I'm not sure.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He was there to talk wrestling. And they literally got nowhere before Bryan asked "didn't you die?" and then Larry said "No, don't believe everything you read, but we're all just beings of light."

And poo poo just went wild from there.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Yeah, there were false rumours of his death on Twitter so Bryan led with that. Good thing he did too.

Also I'm not sure how on Earth I missed the Lonnie Mayne story when it first aired but holy poo poo I'm dying

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Any UK goons ever watch Wrestle Talk on Challenge TV? Because I just did and holy loving poo poo is the host ever annoying. I can't believe there's a proper loving wrestling magazine show on UK television and the host is a complete tool.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Yeah, there were false rumours of his death on Twitter so Bryan led with that. Good thing he did too.

Also I'm not sure how on Earth I missed the Lonnie Mayne story when it first aired but holy poo poo I'm dying

The Lonnie Mayne story is probably my favorite moment in Observer history other than Bret Hart buying Monty Burns's mansion.

Also, having finally gotten around to listening to the Xmas show, I will second the sentiment that Vinny's brother-in-law is annoying as hell and I hope he's never on the show again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The discussion of what they would do if they didn't have a wrestling website was pretty great, especially because it transitioned into a discussion of wrestling.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRayPer posted:

The discussion of what they would do if they didn't have a wrestling website was pretty great, especially because it transitioned into a discussion of wrestling.
Dave wound up realising he'd watch even more wrestling :allears:

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
Dave Meltzer has such an obvious passion for pro-wrestling that goes way above any non pro-wrestler ever its not even funny.

It was also nice to see his thoughts regarding Antonio Cesaro and how he's being pushed long-term and a loss here and there doesn't matter, just like I suspected.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Karl's not exactly as professional in his production values as the Bryan & Dave shows.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rodney the Piper posted:

Karl's not exactly as professional in his production values as the Bryan & Dave shows.
Still reeling from the revelation that Karl Stern is a fake name.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Dave Meltzer has such an obvious passion for pro-wrestling that goes way above any non pro-wrestler ever its not even funny.

Frankly, it goes beyond a lot of actual pro wrestlers, too.

What specifically did he have to say about the office's plans for Cesaro?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Everyone's name is Steve.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Frankly, it goes beyond a lot of actual pro wrestlers, too.

What specifically did he have to say about the office's plans for Cesaro?

he said they're really high on him but in a different way than the guys in the past like drew mcintyre that they pushed when they weren't ready for it. so they're looking at cesaro as a guy that will be over in a year instead of trying to force him into a main event position right off the bat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Shaman of Cum posted:

he said they're really high on him but in a different way than the guys in the past like drew mcintyre that they pushed when they weren't ready for it. so they're looking at cesaro as a guy that will be over in a year instead of trying to force him into a main event position right off the bat

I imagine Punk and Bryan getting over eventually despite not being 'star material' like Cesaro is helping him. He's got the look, plus there's precedent for indie guys with talent shining through in the long term.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that's really hosed up.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Oh God I've been swerved. I wonder if he uses a fake name since he is/was a cop. I'm not sure exactly how that would matter though.

As for his production values, the only thing that is lovely is audio quality, he is pretty decent at editing his own ramblings down sometimes. It's the only non-Bryan show I listen to on the site.

TheMConsortium
Apr 4, 2007
King of the Wicker People

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

I agree. There are times when I've given up on the business, but he's still there everyday plugging away.

I don't want to say he NEVER sounds jaded or anything like that. It just seems that he's capable of a certain kind of enthusiasm that shouldn't exist... he's ALWAYS looking for logic, even when it's blatantly obvious those in charge don't care.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Meltzer is pushing a package of old Royal Rumble newsletters for purchase. It included the following description, which I can't stop laughing about.

quote:

Jan. 28 (10) WWF Royal Rumble 1/19 card coverage-Sgt Slaughter wins WWF title
Observer Research Reveals Vince’s Baldness Fetish
At what point does bad taste cross the line
Transcript of column sent to The National re the war angle
Vader wins IWGP title from Fujinami 1/17
Diamond Dallas Page debuts in WCW

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Thanks to one of our listeners, you can enjoy this visual of Taylor Swift having my lovely singing voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXKMskVIb4

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

Meltzer is pushing a package of old Royal Rumble newsletters for purchase. It included the following description, which I can't stop laughing about.

I think that issue is online. I remember reading the whole National deal.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
On today's Bryan and Vinny Show, they review TWO HEADED SHARK ATTACK of all things. Should be a good one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
"I like to not read the questions in advance, so I'm not prepared. ... That sounds bad"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I just wanted to say that Roberts' AOW interview was amazing; he goes from a long anecdote about drunken baseball into talking about the history of how he developed his persona and promo style. He's also apparently doing much better in his personal life; he's working out, losing weight, and developing his relationships with his children.

In his honour I consumed an equal mixture of Drambuie, DiSaronno, and Patrón this New Year's Eve.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Halloween Jack posted:

I just wanted to say that Roberts' AOW interview was amazing; he goes from a long anecdote about drunken baseball into talking about the history of how he developed his persona and promo style. He's also apparently doing much better in his personal life; he's working out, losing weight, and developing his relationships with his children.

In his honour I consumed an equal mixture of Drambuie, DiSaronno, and Patrón this New Year's Eve.
And it's all thanks to DDP :) And on that note, another excuse to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWRDqfHME-w

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good News: NEW BUDDY WAYNE SHOW

BETTER NEWS: It is free.

Terrible News: He needs a second open heart surgery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan is coming out of retirement!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

Bryan is coming out of retirement!
If it's not against Lance or The French Stallion it's no buys.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Please be Brent....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Listen to the Buddy Wayne show!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm confused, isn't there usually a prediction show this time of year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rick posted:

I'm confused, isn't there usually a prediction show this time of year?

Usually in the first few days of the year. He hasn't mentioned it but he keeps saying he's busy.

• Locked thread