Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

This week's guest on Colt Cabana's podcast is New Jack. This should be one for the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey shitsippers, I never post here but I'm interested in hearing this best of 2012 poo poo. It's free I hear? Someone link me cause my google-fu is failing so hard.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's not free. You have to be a member of the board to get it, as far as I know.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LordPants posted:

It's not free. You have to be a member of the board to get it, as far as I know.

Yeah, the download is through The Board. So you need to be an F4W subscriber.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

O no D:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The new Art of Wrestling is out and its New Jack. I can not wait to listen to it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Bryan is coming out of retirement!

Oh poo poo, Vinny's working that show too?!

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I am going to be so disappointed if Buddy and Bryan aren't the new Hollywood Blondes when they do this show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm going to that show. Man-Thing! We need to go to this show!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Where is it? I'm starving for some indy wrestling in Seattle :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Really wish I had an easy way to get up to Seattle for that.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
Prediction Show is up, amongst the funnest shows of the year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave on Wrestle Kingdom: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

LordPants posted:

Dave on Wrestle Kingdom: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Dave: This show was loving awesome.
Bryan: Yeah, yeah, sure, I'll, huuuuuh... I'll watch it. Oh, by the way, I watched The Miz Vs Heath Slater and actually enjoyed it. STANDARDS HAVE FALLEN!!!

Its gonna get worse when he goes to the Bryan and Vinny show and complains about Wrestling while ignoring NJPW.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

nah he'll watch it he just ain't much of a puro fan although he gave tanahashi/suzuki the verbal 5 stars.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012

The Shaman of Cum posted:

nah he'll watch it he just ain't much of a puro fan although he gave tanahashi/suzuki the verbal 5 stars.

Yeah, I'm just being hard on him. He has shown again and again PuroResu is just not what he enjoys in Wrestling. Which is a shame because its what's really good in this day and age.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
How difficult is it to follow if you don;t understand Japanese? I'm thinking in terms of angles/storylines/etc.

Also I'm listening to the prediction show right now. Jim Cornette as a televangelist might be enough to convert me to Christianity

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

How difficult is it to follow if you don;t understand Japanese? I'm thinking in terms of angles/storylines/etc.

Also I'm listening to the prediction show right now. Jim Cornette as a televangelist might be enough to convert me to Christianity

njpw storylines are pretty much "guy wants to be better than other guy" and sometimes one of them cheats or something so they're bad guy. its pretty easy to follow even casually. the most complex stuff this year was sakuraba/shibata are shooters & think wrestling is for nerds or something.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Not difficult at all. Sometimes there's an interesting story behind the match, but you get the gist of it via the Video Package, and the storylines are very simple and to the point.

Not to toot my own horn, but I've made an OP regarding the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 7 and I'm pretty sure I covered all you need to know to enjoy the event at 100%

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Thanks guys, I'll check out WK7. Do NJPW have TV, and if so can I watch it online? Or should I just follow the iPPVs?

EDIT: Also, who is Okada's second? The guy who carries his briefcase around?

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 5, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Did he toss out any stars for the show?

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Thanks guys, I'll check out WK7. Do NJPW have TV, and if so can I watch it online? Or should I just follow the iPPVs?

NJPW do have occasional TV, but its set in small tours instead of a weekly thing. You can follow all the cards when they're announced (as well as the results of the non-televised shows) in this blog.

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/

Regarding where you can watch Televised Shows, they'll be up there on dailymotion or youtube, a google search always leads to them the day after the TV show is out, and NJPW doesn't bother to try to copyright cut them out.

My personal favorite channel with the shows at the moment is SeniorLariato. http://www.dailymotion.com/SenorLARIATO#video=xuw0wi

KungFu Grip posted:

Not yet, not yet. Based on the way he talked about the show, I feel like we're not gonna get a 5 star match but quite a few 4 star and a half here and there.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
So I'm about 13 minutes into the Colt/New Jack podcast. Who IS this guy? Is that his real voice?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I don't even know which one you mean.

New Jack? Famous for appearing in ECW. Not much of an actual wrestler, just makes a living hitting people with objects. Has caused more than a few injuries in the ring because of his apocalyptic temper and/or open sadism.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Also gave someone their first real lesson in pro wrestling via attempted murder. Hates gay people, loves Molly Holly and stabbings.

http://youtu.be/RhQTRMUnxpw

http://youtu.be/tTjK2OhHKjQ

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

No but it was pretty clear to me at least that the only thing with a shot at ***** from him would be the three-way

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

No but it was pretty clear to me at least that the only thing with a shot at ***** from him would be the three-way

He said the 3-way was one of, if not the best, 3-way he'd ever seen. It's getting *****. I'd imagine Sakuraba/Nakamura and Tanahashi/Okada are going to at least 4.5. I actually can't wait for the new Observer because of this.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Honestly, there's more than one match in that show I'd honestly give *****.

The 3-way, Sakuraba/Nakamura, Nagata/Suzuki, Tanahashi/Okada. All of these are contenders for *****, and if any of them get any less than ****3/4, they were robbed.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

njsykora posted:

He said the 3-way was one of, if not the best, 3-way he'd ever seen. It's getting *****. I'd imagine Sakuraba/Nakamura and Tanahashi/Okada are going to at least 4.5. I actually can't wait for the new Observer because of this.

If he gave Joe/Styles/Daniels X-Division *****, this will get a ***** easy.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

I don't even know which one you mean.

New Jack? Famous for appearing in ECW. Not much of an actual wrestler, just makes a living hitting people with objects. Has caused more than a few injuries in the ring because of his apocalyptic temper and/or open sadism.

Yeah, New Jack. He just seemed ... um ... mental. Yeah, mental is the word I'm looking for. Off his rocker. Balls to the wall nuts.

ChaosSmurf fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 6, 2013

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

New Jack should probably be in prison, for several things.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
This last show was awesome because I love to hear Dave being passionate about pro-wrestling again. I only had gotten through half the show before listening to the podcast, but once I heard how hyped he was I got through the rest of it and thank god I did. Bryan really needs to leave the Main Event reviews to Granny for laughs and dedicate his free hour or 2 to puro or indie stuff. Maybe I'm demanding too much out of the guy, but I'd like to hear him talk about wrestling that I actually think is awesome, rather than him beating around the bush of saying he hates everything he watches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

This last show was awesome because I love to hear Dave being passionate about pro-wrestling again. I only had gotten through half the show before listening to the podcast, but once I heard how hyped he was I got through the rest of it and thank god I did. Bryan really needs to leave the Main Event reviews to Granny for laughs and dedicate his free hour or 2 to puro or indie stuff. Maybe I'm demanding too much out of the guy, but I'd like to hear him talk about wrestling that I actually think is awesome, rather than him beating around the bush of saying he hates everything he watches.

Bryan is way less passionate about puro than Dave. He'd be better off reviewing lucha again.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

MassRayPer posted:

Bryan is way less passionate about puro than Dave. He'd be better off reviewing lucha again.

man, I'd be happy to hear Bryan review anything non-WWE at this point. I don't really want to echo Leonard Chikarson's sentiments but I really hate Bryan bitching about wrestling being lovely when so many awesome alternatives exist.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Is it kosher to pimp my own wrestling podcast?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't mind the WWE reviews but I don't need three reviews of the same shows every week. There's a whole lot of programming to talk about, both past and present. Mix it up a little, guys. Unless something spectacular happened I need to hear everyone's opinion on I skip a whole lot of their podcasts.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Is it kosher to pimp my own wrestling podcast?

You'd be far from the first!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

man, I'd be happy to hear Bryan review anything non-WWE at this point. I don't really want to echo Leonard Chikarson's sentiments but I really hate Bryan bitching about wrestling being lovely when so many awesome alternatives exist.

People literally pay money for him to bitch. If he didn't review wrestling he hated I never would have subscribed to F4W prior to the merger. It's cool when he and Vinny like stuff, but there's a reason the Adrenaline Flush exists and not the WRESTLING IS FUN-HOUSE.

As for three reviews, he has to review Raw with Dave and has tried to use this as an excuse to not review it with Vinny, but gently caress that I want Vinny to review major TV shows, not old poo poo. I assume the third review is Todd, but if you are listening to the Todd shows that is your own fault.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The real issue is Urban Wrestling Federation being dead.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Since it seems to be OK to pimp my wrestling podcast, http://www.curtainjerkers.com/ hosts the podcast I host, Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers. The guy who uploads episodes to the website is a bit of a flake, so here's the latest episode: http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkers1-5-13The2ndAnnualBenoitAwards

We also did commentary over the movie Foodfight!, because my God is the movie terrible. http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkers1-5-13OvertimeFoodfightCommentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The real issue is Urban Wrestling Federation being dead.

This right here. Bryan getting mad at wrestling is cool and all, but it's so much better when he has a blast with awful shows.

• Locked thread