Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Less concerning than the fact that Val wants to use nukes to power a time machine is the fact that apparently the FF have nukes just lying around the place where children can mess with them. Y'know, in the Baxter Building, which only comes under attack every other Friday.
They don't necessarily have nukes just sitting around. Val can probably build one while watching Saturday cartoons without much trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

They don't necessarily have nukes just sitting around. Val can probably build one while watching Saturday cartoons without much trouble.

Fine then, keeping critical-mass amounts of uranium just sitting around.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fantastic Four #40, from [url="http://themarvelageofcomics.tumblr.com/"]this tumblr]

I don't know which is more :psyduck:; the fact that Daredevil has a rifle built into his billyclubs, or that he has a hard sight on the end of it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TwoPair posted:

It was in her solo series and I posted it in the last thread. I'll see if I can find the pictures.

e: Yep, still around: X-23 #17

Less concerning than the fact that Val wants to use nukes to power a time machine is the fact that apparently the FF have nukes just lying around the place where children can mess with them. Y'know, in the Baxter Building, which only comes under attack every other Friday.

Who's the artist?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Who's the artist?

Should be Sana Takeda.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Fantastic Four #40, from [url="http://themarvelageofcomics.tumblr.com/"]this tumblr]

I don't know which is more :psyduck:; the fact that Daredevil has a rifle built into his billyclubs, or that he has a hard sight on the end of it.

To be fair, he doesn't really want anyone to know he's blind, or they might figure out his secret identity, so putting a sight on the rifle makes sense.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't understand where the trigger came from, did he just pull it out of his pocket and stick it on the club? That's not how guns work. :psyduck:

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Classtoise posted:

I would completely unironically read X-23's Adventures in Babysitting.

And Thor could ACTUALLY show up!

They even got the cover right!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Welp that better be available in comixology

EDIT: they only have it until #16, gently caress

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Welp that better be available in comixology

EDIT: they only have it until #16, gently caress

No, it's there under x-23 vol. 2.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

xarph posted:

No, it's there under x-23 vol. 2.

Welp I'm an idiot with this app, there it is.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

That's amazing, and just brought back a flood of old memories.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
X-23 was such a good book you guys.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I winder if it played a role in getting Gambit his book, since it was the first time Gambit had been awesome in forever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Soonmot posted:

I winder if it played a role in getting Gambit his book, since it was the first time Gambit had been awesome in forever.

They should just add X-23 back into Gambit as his sidekick, like Hawkeye 2 is in Hawkeye.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheJoker138 posted:

They should just add X-23 back into Gambit as his sidekick, like Hawkeye 2 is in Hawkeye.

Then they could have a crossover!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Instead they stuck her and 1/3 of the Runaways in Lord of the Hunger Games Royale... Arena

ALONSOOOOOOO!! :doom:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wouldn't it lead to Gambit creepily hitting on his friend's daughter? I've never really read X-23 so I haven't seen the two interact.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Flameingblack posted:

Wouldn't it lead to Gambit creepily hitting on his friend's daughter? I've never really read X-23 so I haven't seen the two interact.

No, Liu used Gambit as an older voice of experience more than anything else. She's been really trying to set up Gambit with Cecelia Reyes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gambit is 100% an older brother to X-23, there's not that creepy vibe like in Hawkeye. It's quite charming, really.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Boogaleeboo posted:

The boy is omnipotent, it seems unfair the girl can't have a nuke now and again. Fair is fair.

Would he get grounded for making a dinosaur?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Would he get grounded for making a dinosaur?

Pfft, any super-genius bum with a dino bone and a cloning machine can make a dinosaur. Going back and seeing the real deal is where the fun is at.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That and Valeria would make fun of it because it didn't have feathers.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Talking about Judge Dredd a week or two ago made me want to reread some of it and I had to share this. These are from Judge Dredd Case Files 2 which would have been originally in 2000 AD 90-94 (I think; if I'm counting correctly).

I give you...

The Saga of Judge Fish

So after Judge Dredd gets back from a long mission the Chief Judge of Mega City-1 dies. Dredd himself is shot through the head by a sniper and Deputy Chief Judge Cal takes over the city. The only problem? He's completely insane.

He needs a new Deputy Chief Judge and so...

Judge Fish's first official action is a despicable one:

Later he makes some Judges wear dresses as a punishment for letting Dredd get away:

The reign of terror of Judge Fish continues:

Sic semper tyranus!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Judge Fish noooooo! :cry:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh well in that case I'll stop saving these:

2000AD 648 and 590 respectively

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Judge Fish noooooo! :cry:

Prepare the finest toilet, in which to honor the life of Judge Fish.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Please tell us that Dredd later finds the filthy perp responsible for the vile murder of Judge Fish and dispenses the appropriate justice. :unsmith:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Please tell us that Dredd later finds the filthy perp responsible for the vile murder of Judge Fish and dispenses the appropriate justice. :unsmith:

Find him? Judge Dredd is the one who had Judge Fish assassinated!

(Yes, Judge Dredd ordered a hit on a fish. This is why you need to read these comics.)

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
If I remember correctly the death of Judge Fish is what leads Judge Cal to order the death of all citizens of Mega City One as a fitting funeral.

Man do I need to go and reread my 2000 AD collection

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And he starts in alphabetical order. Poor Aaron A. Aardvak :allears:

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

robziel posted:

If I remember correctly the death of Judge Fish is what leads Judge Cal to order the death of all citizens of Mega City One as a fitting funeral.

Man do I need to go and reread my 2000 AD collection

Not quite, it's what stops the death of all the citizens in alphabetical order. Though later Cal decides the city itself has achieved perfection under his rule so he will kill everyone including himself to preserve it forever.

I'm rather fond of this sequence from prog 648 as well.

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 8, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jango Fett: Open Seasons #4.

Nothing says "hardened space warrior" like a cheerful field of pink flowers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Evil Mastermind posted:

In that final panel is Reed saying that he's going to get a vibrator to defeat Doom?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

In that final panel is Reed saying that he's going to get a vibrator to defeat Doom?

(The Incredible Hulk #300, I think; I found this one on Cracked)

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 8, 2013

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Jerusalem posted:

What mere mortal dares to judge the sexual whims of DOOM!?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Doom is totally the kind-of guy who gets off on a prostate massage too. I wonder if he has some poor Latverian servant do it or if only a specially designed Doombot will do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
DoomBot. If anyone is going to pleasure Doom, it will be Doom!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Doom's sex life is nonexistent. While lesser mortals may be willing to settle for the vagaries of fleshly delight, Doom finds only pleasure in CONQUEST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
What's with the censorship on the Glory pages? Is that how the book's actually printed?

• Locked thread