Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

CraigK posted:

Who had Lefty O'doul last? I have a feeling that Mogul is going to hate the '29 version of him.

I had him, he positively mashed in the EC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I had him, he positively mashed in the EC.

Ahhh what could have be--

--oh

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
By the way, anyone who wants any of my players who aren't currently starting, please offer me your pick.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Move in Bellhorn for Whitaker for the week, swap Sasaki and Nen as well.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
By the way, The new expansion class is open. Tell everyone you have ever loved about this exciting opportunity!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Smasher Dynamo posted:

How could this have happened?

It's a miracle :unsmith:

Call up Lombardi, send down Felsch. Start him at C, and make Berra the personal catcher for Oswalt.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 9, 2013

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

I should've suspected something was amiss when acquiring Kiner. :argh:

New lineups!

Vs. RHP
2B Morgan
CF Averill
1B Palmeiro
DH Stargell
C Lopez*
RF Clemente
LF Quentin
SS Tejada
3B Zimmerman

Vs. LHP
1B Morse
RF Clemente
C Lopez*
DH Stargell
SS Mora
LF Kiner
CF Averill
3B Zimmerman
2B Roberts

* Let's drop the catcher platooning for the week and have Burgess only catch for Brown's start(s), and bat 8th regardless of opponent.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I agree, Mike Torrez can go take a flying gently caress at a rolling doughnut. He can take a flying gently caress at the moooooon.

That change and (more goddamn) lineup tweaks are in my spreadsheet.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress resting people.

Lineup vs R:

1B Raines
2B Collins
DH Ramirez
RF Aaron
C Gibson
CF DiMaggio
LF Jackson
SS Joost
3B Brett

Lineup vs L:

LF Raines
2B Collins
DH Ramirez
C Gibson
RF Aaron
CF DiMaggio
1B Nomar
SS Joost
3B Brett

Stolen Bases back to +3,

Pedro back in for Maddux.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Dear Smasher,

We at the Ineptodrome hereby draft 1983's Dave Winfield and ask that he replace the atrocious Roger Maris in the line-up immediately. We also request the management to ponder the eternal problem: is it better to have Snuffy's glove at second or to omit his awful bat from the line-up?

Whatever we choose, we lose. And we have no-one to blame but ourselves.....

Hugs and Kisses,

Bob

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Robert_Deadford posted:

Dear Smasher,

We at the Ineptodrome hereby draft 1983's Dave Winfield and ask that he replace the atrocious Roger Maris in the line-up immediately. We also request the management to ponder the eternal problem: is it better to have Snuffy's glove at second or to omit his awful bat from the line-up?

Whatever we choose, we lose. And we have no-one to blame but ourselves.....

Hugs and Kisses,

Bob

Have a good pinch-hitter on the bench and let the problem solve itself :eng101: !

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm going to go ahead and try to fix this whole "Thurman Munson sucking eggs" thing. Go ahead and Platoon Posada and Munson for the week.

Lineups!
LHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
RF Reggie Jackson
CF Gary Maddox
C Thurman Munson
SS Derek Jeter

RHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
RF Reggie Jackson
CF Bobby Mercer
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Al Simmons
C Jorge Posada
SS Derek Jeter

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 9, 2013

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Robert_Deadford posted:

I pick....:sigh: Wendell.

I pick......Jose Canseco!

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

I certainly am thrilled with the Gumshoes' performance.

Call up THE Thornton Lee to replace Eddie Plank while he is injured. DL Schmidt and call Hank Thompson back up. Rest Larkin with Al Dark.

Thanks, Smasher.

(TKBomber is on the draft clock, btw)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

OK, this is a thing: Send down A-Gon and Chet Lemon, bring Rickey off the DL and start him in left, call up Brooks and platoon him with Rolfe.

"Take care of" Chris Short, Philadelphia hero, and bring Mays back into the rotation. Try Alan Embree at short relief over Schantz.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Smasher League Week 13 Injury Report

Seattle Suicides
Joel Zumaya (RP) (Guitar Heroic Sacrifice) - 12 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Robb Nen (RP) (Nen goes up...Nen goes down) - 14 days

Spokane Air Raids
Danny Haren (SP) (The Great Coyote Spirit said there'd be days like this...) - 35 days

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Super-League VIII Dynamo League All-Star Roster

Dynamo League Starters

God Bless Democracy
C: Carlton Fisk (WEB)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (CUN)
2B: Joe Morgan (DUB)
3B: Wade Boggs (SJE)
SS: Ernie Banks (CAN)
LF: Tris Speaker (ROC)
CF: Jim Edmonds (BUR)
RF: Mel Ott (ALB)
DH: Ted Williams (NYF)
Manager: The Merry Marauder (NYF)

Manager's Thoughts: Well, the outfield defense is pretty great, although (Lil' Joe aside) I have my concerns about the infield D; for instance, Carlton Fisk is hit-or-miss defensively, and this edition appears not so much to have "missed" as to have "collapsed short of the target." Overall power's good, but not great, and certainly nothing like the Smasher League's mash-acre lineup.

Now, in selecting the bench players and pitching, we can either to choose to bear in mind that this series will take place in a different save file, meaning that unexpectedly good performances are not likely to continue, or we could go with the spirit of the thing, and award spots based on this season's merit. I also have to include a player from every franchise, which will be a joy.

Let's tackle that first, and see where it leaves us. I know from bitter experience that the Unicorns have a few persistently great-performing deadballers, and while Art Nehf looks a touch better this year, Deacon Phillippe leads all teams in BB/9 (1.06!), has a much stronger sim/real historical record, and still has a great name, so we'll use him. Speaking of deadballers, I need a Spooner player, and I know they have Ed Walsh and his deathstare, so that's an easy quota to fill. Now, given the colossal power of the Smasher League lineup, I could now go full-deadball and thumb my nose at my esteemed opposition, but then I could not use Bert Blyleven, who is having a strong season for the Coburns, and is Bert Goddamned Blyleven. TKBomber's amalgam must be represented, and while they also have a strong Blyleven, it is my prerogative as manager to give Ol' Pete Alexander a lifetime achievement award, so I do.

Next, we have two Florida teams. Neither has starting pitching worth anything this year - some great names, mind you, but I can't project greatness onto a 4 ERA guy. oldskool's Oranges do have an
Ichiro kicking rear end, and I need a versatile outfielder, because, well, I'm going to have to use a left fielder from the Dickshots or Generics, possibly both, and I need some flexibility, given that this is a seven game series, not one exhibition. Ichiro was selected as a CF a few times in actual AS voting, so he'll be my 4OF. The Dickshots have a decent Joe Jackson playing out of position, and a criminally underused Tim Raines, but I am going to be whimsical and select Jeff Reardon, who is currently the Dynamo League *saves leader*.

I still need a Generic. This is bad, because they are bad. Mick doesn't have enough PAs. I could be dull and take the currently average Big Train, but gently caress that. I could amuse myself and take LaTroy Hawkins, but I know how that story ends. So,
GOOOOSE Goslin to the rescue. Everyone's now represented, but I still need a bunch of pitching, and a few more backups. One of which has to be a catcher, and when you can take Johnny Bench as a defensive replacement, you don't over-think it. Ernie Banks beat out Joe Cronin because DINGERS, but I want him on my bench. Finally, John McGraw is playing out of his mind, appropriately enough, so he gets added into a large reserve. At this point, I am relatively confident that I'm covered for injury, and, if I were conscientious enough to actually set all the sliders, might tick up "defensive replacements" a bit.

I still need pitching. Last year, I went light on the bullpen guys, reasoning that an excellent starter can pull middle relief if necessary, and relievers are a mercurial and fickle lot. However, I would be remiss if I did not include a Rollie Fingers this year, since I don't have an Alfredo Aceves pitching like Mo. '82 Rollie (my setup man) it is, apologies to Beet. Token lefty
Hong-Chi Kuo, the Terminator HEN-ke and cool dude Jim Kaat to theoretically throw in low leverage innings. Two more pitchers capable of starting to fill out the Mogul format - oh, look, it's Satchel Paige. I could take prime Tom Seaver from the Losers, but I'll go with Satchel. And finally, who better to mop up than Charley Radbourn?

Dynamo League Bench

4OF: Ichiro Suzuki (FLO)
LF: Goose Goslin (RCH)
C: Johnny Bench (DUB)
IF: Joe Cronin (ONE)
UT: John McGraw (CAN)

Dynamo League Pitching Staff

P: Ed Walsh (ONE)
P: Pete Alexander (POR)
P: Deacon Phillippe (CLU)
P: Bert Blyleven (COB)

RP: Tom Henke (COB)
RP: Rollie Fingers ['82] (NYF)
RP: Jeff Reardon (FLD)
RP: Hong-Chi Kuo (CLU)

MR: Jim Kaat (CUN)
LR: Satchel Paige (ROC)
MU: Old Hoss Radbourn (WEB)

Batting Order

LF Tris Speaker
DH Ted Williams
1B Miguel Cabrera
RF Mel Ott
3B Wade Boggs
CF Jim Edmonds
SS Ernie Banks
2B Joe Morgan
C Carlton Fisk

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 9, 2013

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

After debating myself for way too long for a pick this late in the draft, the Bulldogs select 2011 Jimmy Rollins.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

The Maths select '79 Al Oliver.

Who goes straight in for Wheat, by the by. Also replace Vaughan with Furcal, please.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Forgot the batting order in my previous post. Edited.

Also, Pungry is on the draft clock. Enjoy your Sudden Death!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Forgot the batting order in my previous post. Edited.

Also, Pungry is on the draft clock. Enjoy your Sudden Death!

:getin:

The Seattle Suicides select XX Sudden Death. Unless that's not a choice. In which case, uh, I don't know, 18 Dazzy Vance could be a member of the bullpen or a starting pitcher? But I really want Sudden Death.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Pungry posted:

The Seattle Suicides select XX Sudden Death. Unless that's not a choice. In which case, uh, I don't know, 18 Dazzy Vance could be a member of the bullpen or a starting pitcher? But I really want Sudden Death.

Trade me your outfielders first ppplleeeassseeeeee.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pungry posted:

Do you realize that Sudden Death is sudden death? I feel like you need to realize that.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Pretty sure if you take Sudden Death you should get to make an EC team and the Wasau Woodchucks replace your team in the SL.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Mornacale posted:

Pretty sure if you take Sudden Death you should get to make an EC team and the Wasau Woodchucks replace your team in the SL.

Idaho Potatoes v2. :getin:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Do you realize that Sudden Death is sudden death? I feel like you need to realize that.

DO IT PUNGRY!

e: You must fulfill your teams destiny of committing suicide.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 10, 2013

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Sudden Death should allow you to summarily kill players until there's only one copy of each dude left in existence. (Mine are all safe because I had the idea.)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
lame, I was hoping it was some mystery player. '18 Vance it is then.

Slide him in for the injured relief pitcher whose name I forget

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'll take 1910 Cy Falkenberg please. Info on how to use him coming soon.

BearDrivingTruck's on the clock!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 13: Like the Hall of Fame, there are no winners

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

ELEPHANTS WIN MARATHON TO BECOME NEW EURO AND US CHAMPS

San Juan- In an 18-inning battle to the finish, the Elephants finally pulled ahead of the Imperialists to complete a three-game sweep and become European and United States Champions for the first time.

The score had been tied at three apiece since the sixth inning, as both teams turned to their bullpens to extend the game. And extend they game they did, as the two teams battled for inning after inning. The Imperialists, the reigning champs, had been having a miserable season, and the loss of these titles, their only real accomplishment in the midst dreariness. In the other dugout, the Elephants still seethed about the insulting remarks made by the Imperialists' two weeks ago, and wanted nothing more than to take away the only joy the Burma club had left.

And the game played on. Inning after inning, reliever after reliever as neither team could make a breakthrough. The atmosphere grew increasingly desperate as each owner burned through their bench looking for something, anything that would give them the edge, and the European and United States titles that would come with.

It was still hot in the stadium by the bottom of the 18th inning. It was nearly 90 degrees when the game started, and the San Juan night had not cooled off by much. The game had been going on for over five hours, and everyone was tired. With one out, Ron Reed, the relief pitcher, had to bat for himself; there were simply no more pinch hitters to send out. But Reed surprised everyone by hitting a single, and was then moved to third on a Boggs single. With a runner on third with two outs, Rogers Hornsby had a chance to end the game, and, after five hours and twelve minutes, eighteen innings and 510 combined pitches, Hornsby did just that, lancing a single into left field to score Reed and win the Elephants their first championships in the Super-League.

Viscount Slim, who had just watched his Imperialists lose their European and United States titles, was understandably upset, "I do everything for my charges, I put all my energy into leading them to victory, and this is how they repay me? How can I go on knowing that the common men of my team are simply unworthy of my faith? Is this the death of the spirit that precedes the death of flesh? Has Dennis Leonard committed such a murder on my soul? Is all hope lost, in this world where Elephants slay their hunters, and the least of men rise up against their betters? A ghastly thought to be sure."

For his part, tatankatonk was thrilled to finally be some kind of champion, "I dedicate this victory not only to me, but also to myself, and, in addition, to tatankatonk. We couldn't have done it without each other. Go me!"

Game Notes

-Eddie Collins had two errors, proving once and for all that the universe cares not for Viscount Slim.

-Hank Aaron missed the game and was replaced by Davey Lopes for unknowable reasons.

-There are no elephants in San Juan, the last one have been hunted and served in a stew two years ago.

Box Score

Don May posted:

BANGERS BEAT UNICORNS TO CONTINUE BLOOD FEUD

Cleveland- Eventually, one of these teams is going to kill the other. Until then, it's just going to be a long string of attempted murders.

Once again, the Unicorns and Finger-Bangers sit atop the Sic Transit Vir Division. Once again, they are both among the best teams in the league. And, once again, only one can be the Sic Transit Vir Division Champion.

With the Bangers down 3-2 in the top of the eighth, the Fukuoka team finally broke through, scoring three runs as both Edgar Martinez and Yogi Berra hit RBI doubles. But the Unicorns surged back, and tied the game at five thanks to a George Kelly triple and an Alfredo Aceves error.

And so the Bangers once more rallied. Lajoie managed to get on base after being hit by a pitch and then Ted Williams tripled him home when Ken Griffey, Jr., with his legs mostly broken down, could not retrieve the ball with any modicum of speed. After an Olerud RBI fielder's choice, Pop Lloyd hit a triple of his own, and then was brought home by Edgar Martinez. All told, Keith Foulke was rocked for three runs, and the Unicorns were down 8-5.

But the Cleveland team would not quit. With Fingers tired, Mulholland was called on for the save, a risky choice, but one that seemed like a wise one after Holly retired McCann to start the inning, and then retired Furcal on a groundout. Things were looking good for the Bangers. Frisch wasn't ready to concede, though, and took a walk to extend the game. Wagner, seeing a rally beginning to form, scrapped out an infield single, and suddenly the tying run was at the plate in the form of Barry Bonds. Lamentably, this was the '86, pre-PED Bonds, and so the best he could do was hit a single to narrow the Bangers' lead to two. George Kelly stepped up to the plate as the go-ahead run, and the momentum seemed to have shifted to the side of the Unicorns, but that was as close as the Unicorns would get, as Mulholland struck Kelly out on five pitches to ice the game for the Bangers.

After the game, the only player will to talk to the press was the Bangers' Ted Williams, who told reporters, "gently caress the Unicorns, gently caress Ken Griffey, Jr. and his lovely knees and gently caress IceMole. Cleveland's a town of losers, and they might as well just quit now before we completely embarrass them. Again."

Box Score

Hardcore: It's The Way

: You know Yoshida, I've been down lately, but then I remember the things I have accomplished. Like casting Gabriel Pope out of the league forever.
: Uh...right.
: Forever! Anyway, the Tornados will now defend their Hardcore Title against the Dickshots, who will win Game 1 after Tom Gordon continues to suck.

: But the Tornados march back and win Game 2.
: That Dickshots offense never does seem to quite get it together.

: And the Tornados retain after the Dickshots turn to Steve Rogers, which goes about as well as you can imagine. And you know, while we're on the subject. The Avengers was totally overrated, just like 90% of what Joss Whedon does. But then again, I guess if you're Joss Whedon, you don't really have to try anymore, because if he wanted to, he could march right into the home of one of his fans, and demand they give him all of the blood from their newborn child, and he'd get it. And how come no one is investigating these gruesome murders? It's because Whedon fans control the internet and suppress any information about their master's unholy thirsts from getting out.
: Okay. Are you...feeling okay, Smasher?

: The Unspecifieds, who, like Whedon, are unholy abominations, will now try to win the Hardcore Title and close the gap with the Tornados for the Memento Mori Division Lead. But they'll lose Game 1.
: And Steve, the Prince of Fate...who is really just King Kelly with sunglasses, leads the way with four hits.

: Tornados get an early lead and hold on to win and retain the Hardcore Title.
: The Unspecifieds' finesse lefties are having a real tough time against the Tornados' offense.

: And the Tornados finish off the sweep.
: A very frustrating series for the Unspecifieds.

: And that's it for this update. Now leave me alone.

Team Statistics

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Mel Ott hit 17 home runs and had an OBP of .415, which is fantastic.

The Bad
The relievers. My god, the relievers.

The Uncertain
Can Matt Williams get his OBP anywhere near .300?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
April

The Bad
June

The Uncertain
Whether April or June is the real Unspecifieds.

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Jim Edmonds is great, as usual.

The Bad
The infield in general.

The Uncertain
Why the gently caress can't Collins hit?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
John McGraw. John motherfucking McGraw.

The Bad
TOM GORDON IS YOUR CLOSER!

The Uncertain
How will El Generico adapt to the WWE style. Also, when will UltimoDragonQuest stop using Tom Gordon as his closer.

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Barry Bonds and the Deacon.

The Bad
Frankie Frisch and Honus Wagner refuse to hit.

The Uncertain
Does Keith Foulke really suck this bad?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
They're a good team...

The Bad
...that is desperately unlucky.

The Uncertain
Who among you believes in James Coburn?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
The Dervishes are as solid as ever.

The Bad
The middle relief isn't doing to well, though.

The Uncertain
Who is Kerry Billingsley?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Bonds and Pujols are still Bonds and Pujols

The Bad
And Joba is still Joba

The Uncertain
Can Homer lead the softball team to victory over Shelbyville? Find out next Thursday at 8/7c.

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Intercontinental Champions!

The Bad
That offense. That loving offense.

The Uncertain
Could god make a burrito so delicious that even he could not resist the temptation to eat it?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
The normal implacability of the Bangers.

The Bad
The bizarre SS hole.

The Uncertain
Will Marauder's villainy truly be eternal?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
The White-Alexander Connection!

The Bad
Most other things.

The Uncertain
Does Oneida really exist?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Endless Pete Alexander

The Bad
The 3B Catastrophe

The Uncertain
How long can TKBomber's luck last.

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Well, it's been good for the other teams playing the Generics.

The Bad
The parts where the Generics play

The Uncertain
Why the universe has turned its back on Rochester

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Don Drysdale is back...and he's pissed.

The Bad
Rockford, in general, is bad.

The Uncertain
Why haven't the Losers murdered everyone else in their division yet?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
Two titles!

The Bad
The parts of the season that don't involve those two titles

The Uncertain
Will the Elephants ever make their move?

Half-Season in Review!

The Good
The Bloggers tried to kill me with their constant lineup revisions

The Bad
That they didn't finish the job

The Uncertain
How long until Glavine flames out?

Standings and Leaders

: What the gently caress about vacation don't you understand? You know what, let me try and speak your language...

Should Mark Grace:

A. Relax and enjoy his vacation

B. Relax and enjoy his vacation

C. Relax and enjoy his vacation

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Mark Grace should totally enjoy some fuckin' gyros

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
D, ride a goddamn rocket cycle already

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Finally I have someone who can play shortshop to backup Trammell who is not Howard Johnson. Here's the lineup for next week.

2B Charlie Gehringer
CF Bobby Murcer
LF Frank Howard
1B Frank Thomas
SS Jimmy Rollins
RF Frank Robinson
3B Jimmy Collins
C Ernie Lombardi
Pitcher

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

The Uncertain
Why haven't the Losers murdered everyone else in their division yet?
Probably because for the last 2 weeks Drysdale has been languishing in my minors. So, for the third time, will you please replace Jack McDowell with Don Drysdale and send McDowell back to minors?

Additionally, return Arthur Rhodes to the major league roster as my middle reliever. Hernandez can return to the minors, for now.

New vs RHP lineup for the week:
2B Alomar
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
CF Charleston
RF Oliva
C Torre/Martinez (Torre catches for Paige, Seaver, Ryan; Martinez for Drysdale, Koosman)
1B Youkilis
3B Ventura
P Pitcher

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

ToiletofSadness posted:

Probably because for the last 2 weeks Drysdale has been languishing in my minors. So, for the third time, will you please replace Jack McDowell with Don Drysdale and send McDowell back to minors?

Yeah, I hosed up. But you know what, that sort of thing happens. In the 24 hours between this update and the last one, there were about 25 separate changes to lineups and rosters. Each of them requires me to figure out what change I'm being asked to make, which often isn't as easy as it should be, open up the file, find the roster, and make the change, which doesn't seem like much, but it adds up.

And that's in addition to simming the games, putting out the injury report, and then getting together an update every day.

So, yeah, occasionally mistakes are going to be made. I'm sorry, but I'm not actually a machine.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

B

AAA: GTFO Tom Gordon
MLB: Labine

CL: Lyle
SU: Montgomery
SR: Hiller
SR: Labine

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Hamilton
CF Snider
SS Banks
C Campanella
1B Hodges
RF Steve
2B Stephenson

vs. Lefties no DH
LF Kelley
2B Stephenson
SS Banks
CF Snider
1B Hodges
C Campanella
RF Steve
3B Cronin

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Spooners are totally going to be .500 the entire season.

I'm surprisingly OK with that.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
You guys are obsessively changing your lineup more often than Tony La Russa on methamphetamine, while I'm just responding to injuries, pretty much, and trucking along. :unsmith:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So, yeah, occasionally mistakes are going to be made. I'm sorry, but I'm not actually a machine.

That's fair enough, when our league has Mornacle and his no-so-secret quest to kill you via micro-management. But you made a point to call me out on it in the update, so I wanted to be sure you knew I was paying attention and was already very aware he was ready to return to the roster.

I do appreciate the work you do in running things here. So, next time I'll try to make my tone less pissy.

ToiletofSadness fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

To make up for it, since I can't see any roster changes that'll save my team, I'm pretty much on autopilot to perdition :haw: