Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

enigmahfc posted:

So was Schall serious when she was talking about her special not airing? For some reason the whole thing sounded kind of real and sad.

Yeah, definitely - and Scott kept on it for a bit, which was a little awkward. What went weird with the special taping, I wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

I tried to see if I could dig up any info on the show from someone who was there, but the only things I saw were people who just said it was funny, and one guy who said it was "avant-garde." (https://twitter.com/APigAndAPie/statuses/216456672812613632) Maybe it just didn't turn out the way she wanted for a TV special.

e: Couldn't make it through the Thursday episode. Pamela Murphy's character is just not funny or interesting, and it's totally unnecessary so soon after her last appearance. Does it pick up at all towards the end?

PepeSilvia fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 11, 2013

SMP
May 5, 2009

PepeSilvia posted:

I tried to see if I could dig up any info on the show from someone who was there, but the only things I saw were people who just said it was funny, and one guy who said it was "avant-garde." (https://twitter.com/APigAndAPie/statuses/216456672812613632) Maybe it just didn't turn out the way she wanted for a TV special.

e: Couldn't make it through the Thursday episode. Pamela Murphy's character is just not funny or interesting, and it's totally unnecessary so soon after her last appearance. Does it pick up at all towards the end?

Neil Campbell comes in maybe 30 minutes in after the first break with a great character.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The self aware teenager is a great character.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I dunno, maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe it's the fact that I adore Kristen Schaal, but I thought this episode was alright. Is wasn't fantastic, it won't make the countdown or anything, but it was pretty good. Kristen behaved pretty much as I'd expect a first-time guest to, I don't find that character to be as annoying as you guys, and Neil Campbell's teen was great.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I liked it too. I thought the disliked character would be that one student abroad in Italy that was also on a recent show, but this one is much more tolerable than that one. Not bad at all I thought.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's this now? http://splitsider.com/2013/01/nick-krolls-dad-used-to-run-his-own-sort-of-private-cia-and-sold-it-for-100-million/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who do you guys think is the worst character that's ever been on CBB? I'm listening to the latest episode and Nancy Cooper is definitely up there. (Neil Campbell's character is amazing though)

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

KimT posted:

Who do you guys think is the worst character that's ever been on CBB? I'm listening to the latest episode and Nancy Cooper is definitely up there. (Neil Campbell's character is amazing though)

Todd Glass.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Did you ever notice that Nancy Cooper was really funny you know what I mean you know what I'm talking about?

What else what else what else what else

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Even David Wain's dad was funnier than that character, although I haven't listened to the latest one yet. In the one with Adomian and Martin she brought any momentum they had to a screeching halt. At least with Lauren Lapkus' college traveler character I think it went somewhere.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

KimT posted:

Hana Mae Lee was pretty unfunny.

I didn't mind the latest episode. I liked the self-aware teen a lot, I hope Neil Campbell does him again sometime.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Trujillo posted:

Even David Wain's dad was funnier than that character

I tell you I feel like I'm looking at Thomas, Bruce and Damian, because I have 3 generations of Wains sitting here in the same room.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

My least favorite character was "The guy with the boring Subaru story."

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

barkingclam posted:

Hana Mae Lee was pretty unfunny.

I didn't mind the latest episode. I liked the self-aware teen a lot, I hope Neil Campbell does him again sometime.

PAINFULLY unfunny given that she didn't do a character, just a horrible racist asian impression.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

SpacePig posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe it's the fact that I adore Kristen Schaal, but I thought this episode was alright. Is wasn't fantastic, it won't make the countdown or anything, but it was pretty good. Kristen behaved pretty much as I'd expect a first-time guest to, I don't find that character to be as annoying as you guys, and Neil Campbell's teen was great.

Yeah, this is me. I guess I was just so happy to have an extra CBB that I couldn't get annoyed at the bad character, even though I definitely agree that she's one of the worst.
I was wondering if Scott had brought her on doing the same character again to troll the audience since she was pretty unanimously disliked here, but looking at the comments for the episode it seems that no one complained about her on Earwolf, so I guess they must have thought she was a fan favorite or something. Pamela Murphy was good on I4H so here's hoping she doesn't keep bringing that character back.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I do remember an episode of You Made it Weird where out of the gate Pete Holmes asked Kroll point blank "Hey richie, what's it like to grow up rich?"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

traveling midget posted:

PAINFULLY unfunny given that she didn't do a character, just a horrible racist asian impression.

Yeah this is so easily the worst that I don't think it's fair to consider it the worst, like calling some racist five year old's home video the worst movie.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He vaguely talked about it on You Made It Weird. They didn't go into specifics, but Pete Holmes brought up Kroll having grown up in a pretty wealthy household and how it affected him starting out.

I started listening to CBB from the beginning last month and if we're talking worst character, then it's easily Little Gary for me. I'm totally confused as to what is funny about him.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sorry, Little Gary is a national treasure.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I started listening to CBB from the beginning last month and if we're talking worst character, then it's easily Little Gary for me. I'm totally confused as to what is funny about him.

What's it like being dead inside?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Anything Neil Campbell or Paul Rust do makes me laugh. They're so silly.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

So you're telling me Nick Kroll should be Archer

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

mennoknight posted:

What's it like being dead inside?

It's pretty great. I don't have to hear a voice that makes nails on a chalkboard sound like a woman having an orgasm. What is he supposed to be anyway? A midget? I picture a small green alien.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He was a rodeo clown, but it turns out you can only get trampled so many times.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's pretty great. I don't have to hear a voice that makes nails on a chalkboard sound like a woman having an orgasm. What is he supposed to be anyway? A midget? I picture a small green alien.

On the TV show he was a neighborly boy and took the form of a hand puppet with a creepy loving face.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
You know he's not food, right?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He's somewhere between a dwarf and Mini-Me.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

How can you hate the guy that gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcm_EUvhqAA

And I always thought Little Gary looked like a Gremlin.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Thomas Lennon should be on Mount Rushmore.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I love Tom Lennon but I also can't stand Little Gary.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well the new episode was loving awesome. Nick Kroll and Chelsea Peretti are two of my favorite guests on the show, so I was expecting some gold, and they delivered. Chelsea makes a great straight man, and Kroll always has this funny desperation to him when he tries to improv jokes that makes me laugh.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Yeah Kroll and Peretti had an excellent chemistry that worked really well. Loved it!

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

That episode is an early contender for best of 2013. Gonna have to listen again, there were so many little jokes that they slipped in.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Scott fuckin duped me, too, with that whole call-in/Colin thing and I felt like a big goober when he said it again like "I know nobody got that the first time"

in other news I listened to Chelsea's podcast and its kinda funny too but I could see the format getting old quick

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

caveman thug poo poo posted:

Scott fuckin duped me, too, with that whole call-in/Colin thing and I felt like a big goober when he said it again like "I know nobody got that the first time"

I guess I'm just always looking for lovely puns in everything I hear (thanks/gently caress you, Andy Zaltzman) I got it right away and was disappointed when everyone flew past it unacknowledged.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in other news I listened to Chelsea's podcast and its kinda funny too but I could see the format getting old quick
I just assumed I'd forgotten some call-in thing on the Colin Hanks episode. [robot]Good one.[/robot]

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

He made that joke like three times during the Colin Hanks Christmas Special episode too.

El Chupacabra and his group of sidekicks are one of the consistently funniest things for me on CBB, I was dying at the Old Man Juarez and donkey parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Power of Pecota posted:

El Chupacabra and his group of sidekicks are one of the consistently funniest things for me on CBB, I was dying at the Old Man Juarez and donkey parts.

Ugh I hate that loving goat, though. I hope we never have to hear from it's stupid mouth ever again.