Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
This is the one of the more embarrassing shows and waste potential of having neil degrasse tyson on for two hours. I hope he comes on again and joe apologize for acting like eddie bravo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Not all the way through it, but it was interesting to hear NDT come out swinging against moon landing denials, and to hear Joe slowly ramp up his defensiveness.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Honestly, it's better than I expected. The moon landing BS and Joe's 'Nosefarts hurr hurr' stuff was terrible. But during the second half talking about meteorites, Mars, Jupiter, etc with no defensive no from Joe I enjoyed it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Was listening to the most recent Joey Diaz ep and they were talking about how Joey plays a character called Joey Meatballs on this kids show on Disney XD called kickin it. Thought you guys might be interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ok1ZHdR_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Best part is 2 minutes in.

He said that related videos on YouTube vids with him on this show sometimes link to all his crazy vulgar poo poo

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Was listening to the most recent Joey Diaz ep and they were talking about how Joey plays a character called Joey Meatballs on this kids show on Disney XD called kickin it. Thought you guys might be interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ok1ZHdR_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Best part is 2 minutes in.

He said that related videos on YouTube vids with him on this show sometimes link to all his crazy vulgar poo poo

Once the video finished I was recommended to check out something called "Joey Diaz - How to mug a fag"

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

SKULE123 posted:

Not all the way through it, but it was interesting to hear NDT come out swinging against moon landing denials, and to hear Joe slowly ramp up his defensiveness.

All of the instances of Joe presenting 'hypothetical' arguments that 'some people' who are 'conspiracy minded' might say (with every single listener knowing completely that he was talking about himself) and NDT just bitchslapping every single point had me perpetually cumming for like 45 minutes.

Listening to the conspiracy nuts, the self-proclaimed experts, etc was like a build up to this podcast where somebody who actually knows what they're talking about and can explain themselves concisely just smashed all the goofy bullshit.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 11, 2013

Don Of The Dead
Apr 8, 2007

I'm feelin' clean, I was only thirteen With the heavy starch, on my Bugle Boy Jeans
I couldn't believe he talked about the moon landing for 40ish minutes. Kind of frustrating.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

All of the instances of Joe presenting 'hypothetical' arguments that 'some people' who are 'conspiracy minded' might say (with every single listener knowing completely that he was talking about himself) and NDT just bitchslapping every single point had me perpetually cumming for like 45 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDLFm-DRPQg

This happened years ago and Joe still hasn't changed his tune.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Joe really is retarded. hahaha.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I actually enjoyed NDT quite a bit on the JRE. Joe actually let him speak without interruption most of the time and didn't ask that many stupid questions. I do get the feeling that Joe is embarassed of some of his opinions on some of that conspiracy theory horsshit though. He always prefaces that nonsence with "the conspiracy theorists say...", but you can tell he really believes a lot of it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Joe getting his fart theory peer reviewed on air was loving hilarious. What a great episode.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Maybe I wasn't in the mood. I'll re-listen but I just felt he was just attacking NDT with dumb questions when there are more awesome discussions to be had.

I also want to say how brilliant it is that bert kreischer is going into vodka. That is the smartest business move

ChristianDB fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 11, 2013

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ChristianDB posted:

I also want to say how brilliant it is that bert kreischer is going into vodka. That is the smartest business move

Yeah the branding is already sorted!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

ChristianDB posted:

Maybe I wasn't in the mood. I'll re-listen but I just felt he was just attacking NDT with dumb questions when there are more awesome discussions to be had.

I'm 30 minutes in and god Joe just won't shut the gently caress up about conspiracy theories.

Tyson has too much class to just flat-out ask him "It's like you WANT this poo poo to be a conspiracy. What's your deal?"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe being so combative really dragged it down. It gets much much better for the second half though when Joe finally lets him loving talk.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
My favorite reason for why Joe thinks something is a conspiracy is entirely based on it "looking weird".

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

-Atom- posted:

My favorite reason for why Joe thinks something is a conspiracy is entirely based on it "looking weird".

Wasn't it you who posted a while back that Joe proposed the theory that killer whales were so cautious of humans because of nuclear bombs testing around the oceans?

Someone needs to put together a greatest hits video of all the stupid things Joe has said on his podcast. The amount of hits it would get(especially from his fans who smoke their own body weight in weed) would easily net hundreds of thousands of hits.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Chromatic posted:

Wasn't it you who posted a while back that Joe proposed the theory that killer whales were so cautious of humans because of nuclear bombs testing around the oceans?

Someone needs to put together a greatest hits video of all the stupid things Joe has said on his podcast. The amount of hits it would get(especially from his fans who smoke their own body weight in weed) would easily net hundreds of thousands of hits.

genius

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I think the killer whale thing he believed was that WW2 pilots used them as target practice.

The 4hour Bert episode was pretty unbearable. Bert parrots everything Joe says and is so infatuated by him. And laughs at all his jokes.

I think I need a break from this podcast.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I don't know why I keep listening except for the fact that they're three hours long and having a consistent, familiar drone helps me to focus on my lovely corporate drone job. However Joey Diaz eps are almost always gold, Ari Shaffir also does a good job of balancing Joe Rogan out by being marginally smarter than him. Despite him still being ignorant on a lot of stuff, I think his Jewish upbringing has made him sardonic enough to cut through a lot of Joe's earnest ignorance.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joe: That D-Jango movie was fuckin awesome!
Ari: The "d" is silent...

E: That guy Guillermo Del Toro, the guy that did Pan's Labornynth?

bango skank fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jan 12, 2013

Muffin Top
Jan 7, 2013

Chromatic posted:

Wait, so killer whales "know" the vibrations that happened during nuclear testing and attributed it to humans?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Muffin Top posted:

Wait, so killer whales "know" the vibrations that happened during nuclear testing and attributed it to humans?

It turns out weed doesn't actually make you smart :siren:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

bango skank posted:

Joe: That D-Jango movie was fuckin awesome!
Ari: The "d" is silent...

E: That guy Guillermo Del Toro, the guy that did Pan's Labornynth?

I just saw this movie tonight and there were two jokes in that movie where someone says out loud "The D is silent" as a punchline to a joke. They even used one of them in the trailer :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

beep by grandpa posted:

I just saw this movie tonight and there were two jokes in that movie where someone says out loud "The D is silent" as a punchline to a joke. They even used one of them in the trailer :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

I *agree* with you, but I have to disagree

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Finally getting around to listening to the NDT ep. Only Joe would get one of the most interesting, intelligent representatives of astrophysics on his show and then have him watch YouTube videos and talk about the fart principle

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
loving Internet hiccup made me double post, my bad

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
There's a guy who's going to debate/destory Peter Duesberg

Watch it end up being some other crotchety old psycho who has been relegated to permanently teaching a single 101 course because he has tenure and can't be fired :allears:

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Duesberg hides his crazy exceptionally well, I'd love to watch someone try to unleash it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Can someone hip me to this Duesberg guy and what the deal is with a debate? Is this simulation theory again?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Can someone hip me to this Duesberg guy and what the deal is with a debate? Is this simulation theory again?

He's the 'HIV doesn't cause AIDS' guy if I recall right.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Steven Rinella is a smart interesting guy and makes me want to get into hunting one of these days.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Steven Rinella is a smart interesting guy and makes me want to get into hunting one of these days.

He's a great guest, passionate and knowledgeable. I'm 2 hours in and the conversation has been non-stop and interesting and even though bigfoot got mentioned there's not talk about moon landing, psychedelics, drone strikes, etc so far.

They should just swap out Eddie Bravo for the Steve Rinella guy permanently.

neillyb
Nov 15, 2005

People say alcohol is a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink
Yeah the Callen / Renella episode was good. The biggest laugh it got from me was when he told Callen to get rid of "that loving Prius"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Ian Edwards was a pretty drat good guest as well. Really enjoyed that episode this morning.

widunder
May 2, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Ian Edwards was a pretty drat good guest as well. Really enjoyed that episode this morning.
Yeah Joe needs to get back to having comedians outside of his immediate circle rather than the regular mix of his close friends and nutjob conspiracy theorists. Rogan's podcast introduced me to the wonderful world of Bill Burr two years ago and I'd like more discoveries like that :unsmith:

Hubcap Hal
Jun 20, 2003

It sounded like Rinella got a contact high, or Joe and Bryan smoked him up. He sounded different then other interviews, even the last JRE that he was on. Everyone should read his books, they're awesome.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Considering the fact that Rogan is a comic, it's surprising how frequently he fails to realize when someone is loving around. It screeches riffs to a halt, and then when they say they're kidding he pretends that he knew the whole time.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Considering the fact that Rogan is a comic, it's surprising how frequently he fails to realize when someone is loving around. It screeches riffs to a halt, and then when they say they're kidding he pretends that he knew the whole time.
"......oh, that's hilarious."

I noticed it happens more with his comic friends. When he has other comics in that aren't his close friends (like Gaffigan, Jim Norton, Jim Jeffries) he's way more ready to laugh. But when someone like Ari or even Bill Burr is in, it's full of "Whoa. You really think so?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
It's likely 'cos he's zoning out and not paying full attention. It's usually when he's sitting back and letting someone else do all the pedling, and they crack a joke and pause for an applause break, catching Joe out. If he was giving them more that 50% attention I don't think he'd have a problem. When it's people he doesn't knowm he discards autopilot and give them his full attention. I just said the same thing multiple times.

"...............that's so funny"