Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Raluek posted:

Can you imagine walking out of the house in the morning, looking at that driveway, and then sighing to yourself that you have to move your '69 Camaro out of the way so you can get to the car you really want to drive?

If this didn't ring true so much, I wouldn't be giving you this as a response: t:mad:>
I still laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Jesus gently caress, I just lost an hour looking up Alfa 75's!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Raluek posted:

I guess there are fans for anything. Can you imagine walking out of the house in the morning, looking at that driveway, and then sighing to yourself that you have to move your '69 Camaro out of the way so you can get to the car you really want to drive?

Supercharged V6? Yeah, that would be loving terrible.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I want an AZ-1 so bad :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I want an AZ-1 so bad :(
They're legal to import in Canada, and I'd love to move there for that sole reason. Such an awesome car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Zeether posted:

They're legal to import in Canada, and I'd love to move there for that sole reason. Such an awesome car.

Just think of it, every "Big Gun" 90s sportscar boom is legal in Canada at this point that was in Gran Turismo. :smith:

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Octopus Magic posted:

Just think of it, every "Big Gun" 90s sportscar boom is legal in Canada at this point that was in Gran Turismo. :smith:

I think we have to wait until the end of the year for the R-34 GT-R's. other than that I think you're right.

If I had the garage space, I'd wait for a V-spec Nur and drive the piss out of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GTi_guy posted:

I think we have to wait until the end of the year for the R-34 GT-R's. other than that I think you're right.

If I had the garage space, I'd wait for a V-spec Nur and drive the piss out of it.

They're still running for at least $20,000 in Japan at the moment, shipping it to Canada will be another $1,000-$2,500, and driving it from British Columbia to where ever you are will be more too.

It'll be way cheaper than waiting for someone to do it for you, that's for sure. Free trip to Japan too!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

GTi_guy posted:

Gran Turismo 1 didn't have R34s in it! ;)

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

PhotoKirk posted:

It was, being a Taurus/Windstar engine, with even weaker headgaskets. It was a good source for junkyard superchargers, not much else.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

PhotoKirk posted:

Or a 5.0 or 4.6L V8.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
That reminds me, how about a 5.4 SVT Lightning engine into a Crown Vic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VFvzbT4Jb8 And yes, hes got the 6 speed in there.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tusen Takk posted:

My friend is a huge Audi fanatic and has one of these, if I remember right he picked it up for less than $3,000 and has put $5,000 worth of work into it.

A quick CL search yielded this; not exactly what's in that video but I believe it's all the same stuff in a wagon
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3431954993.html

gently caress you right in the ear for posting this. I don't have room for a third car, and this thing is less than an hour from me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

My friend is a huge Audi fanatic and has one of these, if I remember right he picked it up for less than $3,000 and has put $5,000 worth of work into it.

A quick CL search yielded this; not exactly what's in that video but I believe it's all the same stuff in a wagon
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3431954993.html

Buy it buy it buy it BUY IT BUY IT

WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT IT YET?!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Buy it buy it buy it BUY IT BUY IT

WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT IT YET?!

Because I just bought a $4,000 rock :smith:

I should return that and tell the girlfriend to chill for a lil' bit while I putt around in the garage :downs: I could even get rid of the IRL for it!!

Edit: Audibro says that it's been on CL for four years, I have no idea why, so one of you goons get up here and buy it BEFORE IT GOES SOMEWHERE

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 14, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I should return that and tell the girlfriend to chill for a lil' bit while I putt around in the garage :downs: I could even get rid of the IRL for it!!

Quite buying crystallized carbon you fool!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Goddamn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaC19p4Avp4

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Octopus Magic posted:

Gran Turismo 1 didn't have R34s in it! ;)

You're absolutely right. GT2 is when I started to pay attention to cars, so I had a brain fart.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Tusen Takk posted:

You know they can make diamonds now? Saves you a little bit of money.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Tunsen Shane, your friend in the diamond business.

ANTWERP!

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 14, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Internet Meme posted:

You know they can make diamonds now? Saves you a little bit of money.

Yeah I did, and they're actually a crapload cheaper. She, on the other hand, wants a naturally made diamond since it's soooo romantic to have something that's been waiting since the beginning of time to be on her finger :smith:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Gran Turismo also introduced me to Tommykaira, who sold tuned up GT-Rs and several other cars including their own original designs like the ZZ:

Here's a big picture of all the cars they've done.

Also, ZZs in the wild.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 14, 2013

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I was going to ask why a GS400 but gently caress, there's just about nothing Lexus left there.

Viggen posted:

Tunsen Shane, your friend in the diamond business.

The strangest thing is traveling to other places the Shane company is at and hearing an otherwise identical commercial, except for a different location.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY AT SCOTTSDALE ROAD AND ACOMA

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

IOwnCalculus posted:

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY AT SCOTTSDALE ROAD AND ACOMA

That's where Big Sur is located, now..

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah I did, and they're actually a crapload cheaper. She, on the other hand, wants a naturally made diamond since it's soooo romantic to have something that's been waiting since the beginning of time to be on her finger :smith:

Hey, at least she's not like my friend's cousin, who told us all at dinner once, in no uncertain terms, that if her would-be-fiancé didn't get her a diamond worth at least three months' salary she would leave him on the spot. That would be around twenty thousand dollars for the poor guy (not in attendance that night) she was dating at the time. Because anything less than that would show that he didn't respect her, you see.

(Unless $4k IS three months' salary for you, in which case, I truly admire your commitment to this girl)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just make sure you get the ring back when she inevitably kicks your rear end out for not buying her the house she wants.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When a girl demands a diamond ring from you or else she'll leave you, it's probably a good idea to just cut your losses right there

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

Not to judge, but she sounds like a real prize.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

When a girl demands a diamond ring from you or else she'll leave you, it's probably a good idea to just cut your losses right there

I'm pretty sure that would end it for me.

"So you judge my value by crystallized carbon that I present you, otherwise my love might not be unconditional? HAHAHA! :byewhore:"

But it might be a different situation for you.

To contribute:

If only they had put it in the R8 like they said they might, then I would still never be able to afford it :(

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 14, 2013

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

4 grand would buy a lot of Ion RedLine modz.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Do I have to do this again? Since when are diamonds awesome AI car poo poo? You want to get your girl some sweet custom designed jewelry anyway, regardless of diamond. With todays modern jewelry manufacturing techniques, almost anyone can have a cool custom ring.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Lightbulb Out posted:

You want to get your girl some sweet custom designed jewelry anyway, regardless of diamond. With todays modern jewelry manufacturing techniques, almost anyone can have a cool custom ring.

Completely right - I handed a local jeweler a rough CAD drawing, materials I wanted, chose a brilliant sapphire as the main stone and a couple months later got an amazing result.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Previa_fun posted:

4 grand would buy a lot of Ion RedLine modz.

i'm pretty sure you could buy a redline for that much

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Das Volk posted:

Completely right - I handed a local jeweler a rough CAD drawing, materials I wanted, chose a brilliant sapphire as the main stone and a couple months later got an amazing result.

I may be biased because jewelry, specifically custom jewelry, is my family business. It's still fairly straightforward.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I'm pretty sure that would end it for me.

"So you judge my value by crystallized carbon that I present you, otherwise my love might not be unconditional? HAHAHA! :byewhore:"

But it might be a different situation for you.

To contribute:

If only they had put it in the R8 like they said they might, then I would still never be able to afford it :(

The reason this never made it into a production R8 was because the prototype had to have the firewall pushed forward substantially due to the physical mass of the motor, and had radiators coming out everywhere. It took so much cooling the car gained 200-odd kilos and wasn't particularly faster than the v8. I have a mag where they test-drive the only prototype that I might be able to track down later.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving loving this arse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but I think the C7 is godawful. It's overwrought and has a very confused design language of too many incoherent shapes and surfaces. The C6 is much better overall, and will stand the test of time far better than this loving Autobot wannabe.

CommieGIR posted:

To contribute:

Didn't this engine end up having basically nothing in common with the R10's engine, other than the fact that they're both V12s?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Ever heard the phrase "God is my co-pilot"? Well, apparently he's a mechanic, too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21009301

quote:

The Queen's Bentley failed to start following a Sandringham church service - until a bishop blessed the motor.

As her chauffeur got nothing more than "throaty rasping" noises from the engine, the Queen laughed and pointed at the stricken limo.

The Bishop of Chelmsford, the Right Reverend Stephen Cottrell, stepped forward and gave a blessing.

At that point the car burst into life and the Queen commented: "Don't let it stop."

I love slow news days.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYTOjhmrJg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
I love the sound of twin Solex in the morning

http://www.petrolicious.com/articles/napa-valley-roadsters