Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
There was a rumour going round that Mike Goldberg was in rehab rather than just sick. Meltzer appeared to confirm it in the last newsletter but it was a typo, he meant to write "Goldberg is not in rehab for pills". But of course once it was published and out there a ton of people read it and as a result the pills rumour is more widespread than ever, hence the apology on the front page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
lol oh Dave, that's awful.

ACS
Apr 30, 2009
So I was listening to B&V and well.....TNA...robble robble......Mayor McCheese? I think I finally figured out why I have a subsciption.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Todd had an amazing dodge about his wrong prediction for Raw ratings. He originally predicted the 8pm hour would tank because people are used to a 9pm start and 3 hour specials always had weak ratings in the 8pm hour. A completely reasonable prediction that didn't work out.

But Todd cannot be wrong!

"Rather than tuning out the beginning they tuned out the end because three hours is too long. That was the same argument, they just chose a different hour to tune out."

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Todd had an amazing dodge about his wrong prediction for Raw ratings. He originally predicted the 8pm hour would tank because people are used to a 9pm start and 3 hour specials always had weak ratings in the 8pm hour. A completely reasonable prediction that didn't work out.

But Todd cannot be wrong!

"Rather than tuning out the beginning they tuned out the end because three hours is too long. That was the same argument, they just chose a different hour to tune out."

He's right, though. The argument is the same, he just predicted wrongly which hour the fans would ignore. He also made a great argument on why you should build stars on the Wrestlemania instead of making it an attraction, Bryan kept trying to argue against him but his arguments were all dumb.

Todd is a sharp guy, its just a shame he likes being a devil's advocate once in a while just so he can talk even more than he already does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

He's right, though. The argument is the same, he just predicted wrongly which hour the fans would ignore. He also made a great argument on why you should build stars on the Wrestlemania instead of making it an attraction, Bryan kept trying to argue against him but his arguments were all dumb.

Todd is a sharp guy, its just a shame he likes being a devil's advocate once in a while just so he can talk even more than he already does.

No, that is being wrong. He predicted something and it did not come true. You cannot say his logic was correct either. He cited people always tuning in late, not burnout.

For more information on why Todd Martin is dumb (and fat) please consult the Shaman of Cum.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The specific hour is the whole prediction! Everyone knew ratings would tank somehow.

Mania argument was weird because Bryan was hung up on maximizing WM buyrates and Todd's argument needed months of good booking.

But I can't believe Bryan thought that getting 3M people to see let's say Dolph's WM match is better than 2.5M seeing him in the main event. He always makes fun of WWE's belief that just putting guys with stars gets them over and Dave talks about how Mexican stars don't bring in that audience unless they are treated like stars.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All you need to know about Todd is if Bryan had made that prediction and claimed he was right anyway, they'd probably still be recording the show with that fat shitlord going on and on about how it doesn't work like that.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Is there any place I can get episodes of Formerly Creative? The site is dead and nothing seems to be on itunes under the listing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

Is there any place I can get episodes of Formerly Creative? The site is dead and nothing seems to be on itunes under the listing.

I would be interested in this as well. As lame as it got in the end, the first few months provided some great stuff.

In other news, one of the polls amused me:

quote:

Should Bruno Sammartino go into the WWE Hall of Fame?

No, he shouldn't dignify it, it's not real
Yes, he should do so because it's an honor
He should do what his heart tells him to do
It's not real, but he should do it if it's the right business move

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

I would be interested in this as well. As lame as it got in the end, the first few months provided some great stuff.

In other news, one of the polls amused me:

What's the voting look like on that one?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

were there any good shows last week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oatgan posted:

What's the voting look like on that one?

A bunch of softies over there:

quote:

Should Bruno Sammartino go into the WWE Hall of Fame?
He should do what his heart tells him to do
193 54.8%
Yes, he should do so because it's an honor
59 16.8%
No, he shouldn't dignify it, it's not real
51 14.5%
It's not real, but he should do it if it's the right business move
49 13.9%

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
the best recent podcast is the MLW one where Konnan calls out Colt Cabana for not wanting to admit that he diddled Isis The Amazon and her bean + possible stalk.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Shaman of Cum posted:

were there any good shows last week

Mine had technical difficulties. http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkers1121350ShadesOfMelina

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

the best recent podcast is the MLW one where Konnan calls out Colt Cabana for not wanting to admit that he diddled Isis The Amazon and her bean + possible stalk.
:stare:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

And then MSL calls Colt an rear end in a top hat for 5 minutes while also saying he doesn't want to throw anyone under the bus.

It was something else.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sorry i meant f4w i'm absolutely not listening to any random goon podcasts, no offense brother

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I thought the B&V Show where they review Punks DVD was really good.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Konnan just hosed with Cabana for that whole episode and it was great.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lance Storm's spoiler-free review of Sand Shark was worthwhile.

He and Bryan also got into the super interesting belief among some office guys that WWE will buy ROH.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

Apparently some people on the BOARD have them. When/if they post a link to download them, I'll post it here.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

savinhill posted:

Konnan just hosed with Cabana for that whole episode and it was great.

The one from a few weeks back where they had Gabe on and he cryptically goes "Well there was a guy who I could have used better, he was a former Champion, but I won't mention his name." Leading to Konnan going through the list of ROH champions from 04-06 for the next 10 minutes, name by name, to figure out who this guy was. Ricky Reyes iirc

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Hmmm I might have to start listening to this Konnan podcast if he trolls people like that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm I might have to start listening to this Konnan podcast if he trolls people like that.
He says some really weird things like how other luchadores have a 'fat aroma' based on the size of the ring rats they attract.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Swagger Dagger posted:

And then MSL calls Colt an rear end in a top hat for 5 minutes while also saying he doesn't want to throw anyone under the bus.

It was something else.

Which makes MSL a total bitch for talking behind Colt's back when they were on the same podcast two weeks before.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nick Bockwinkel remains the coolest. That was a classic story.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, neat, new edition of Death of WCW. I know people have criticisms of the book, but I really enjoyed it, and as an overview of WCW both for the uninitiated, or just, like me, those who weren't able to keep up with WCW for much of it's lifespan due to living in a nation where WWF was basically the only visible product (Yes, I know Nitro was on TNT and Channel 5 showed Worldwide when the company was dying) I felt it was a really entertaining and informative read, so I'm looking forward to what Bryan, RD and their editors put back in and revise.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Supposedly some more THE BATTEL OF THE EMPIRE~! DVD's are going to be released soon also.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If I said "What is your size" what would you say?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

LordPants posted:

If I said "What is your size" what would you say?

we are talking about shoes, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Houston wrestling show is cool but it is going to get totally ignored with the Chael Sonnen show up on the same day.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Tuesday's B&V show was excellent. Personal highlight: Ric Flair passing the Miz a copy of the PW Torch with an interview with Ricky Steamboat. "Read this, you idiot!"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I shouldn't be surprised but I'm disappointed that Bryan hasn't been asking everyone their size out of the blue. Chael would have taken that and run.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Oh hey, they played my lovely Great Khali song. :dance:

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
I just finished listening to the Jake Roberts AoW podcast and drat does Jake still sound scary and I am so glad he got his life back together. I just hope it sticks and he doesn't replapse. DDP is a loving saint!
I hope he can sort Scott Hall out like he did Jake because Hall was/is one of my favourites.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Here's the links to the Formerly Creative podcasts:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mwt331
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g03do9

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

awesome, thanks. I've wanted to listen to these for a while now, myself.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

MassRayPer posted:

Bryan has debuted a new somewhat daily mini audio update.

Should we start a pool on when he gives up on the idea, or is it pointless to do a pool where every pick is "tomorrow."

A little later than I expected, but...

Bryan Alvarez posted:

-- Apologize for the lack of 10-Minute Afternoon Update audios last few days, should be back in action next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Been going through all the BEST OF compilations again. Completely forgot about Bruno watching Impact and THE GRAY MAYNARD INTERVIEW.

• Locked thread