Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Grinnblade posted:

Expansion Cup VIII Injury Report - May

Brooklyn BABiPs
C/RF Dave Engle (Strained back lifting PBR cases) - 10 days
LR Ricky Diamond (Tried helping Engle, didn't go so well) - 10 days

Blaaahhhh Too much beer (never).

Move Manny Sanguillen up to cover for Engle while Dave recovers from the self-induced bends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Smasher League VIII, Dynamo League Week 16: Next Person Who Asks About a Super-Auction is in Trouble!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

PESSIMISTS WIN INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE, SMASHER DYNAMO STILL ANGRY

Albany- The Bloggers' reign of terror is over!

The Pessimists reign of terror is just beginning!

In a stunning series of upsets, the Pessimists completed their three game sweep of the Bloggers today, winning 6-5 in extra innings when Minnie Minoso hit a game-winning RBI single off of Rick Aguilera, costing the Bloggers the Intercontinental Title that, due to Commissrial Embargo, they were never quite in physical possession of.

Obviously, Mornacale did not take this very well at all. Mornacale, who had earlier protested the Commissar's decision to temporarily take the Intercontinental Title out of the league for various reasons that were never adequately explained. "Dynamo! Took title! Took title and laughed at Mornacale! Mornacale works harder than anyone at his team! Makes new lineups every week! And yet Dynamo always seeks to hurt poor Mornacale! Mornacale not beaten yet though! Mornacale is strong! Bloggers are strong! Mornacale will take Bloggers to championship and hurt Macho Men the way Dynamo has hurt Mornacale. Then Mornacale will laugh. Oh, Mornacale will laugh..."

A stone-faced Smasher Dynamo then addressed the crowd with Pessimists' owner BearDrivingTruck at his side, the Commissar spoke with a barely repressed rage, "I had hoped that the Intercontinental would have been repaired by now, but when I learned that, far from being from the normal Albany, the Pessimists are actually from some pit in the Bay Area. And, for...unrelated reasons, the Intercontinental Title clearly is too broken or whatever it was that led me to not giving the Bloggers the title last week. That makes the Pessimists the second Interim Intercontinental Champion. They should feel proud...in the interim. Anything to add, Bear?"

BearDrivingTruck then stepped up to the microphone, "We suck, and I suck. I don't even deserve to be the real Intercontinental Champion. Smasher was right to do this, because a team as bad as mine, that's probably going to go 1-39 in the first round of the Gauntlet, I hate myself so much."

"As well you should." Dynamo replied, "I can't wait until the entire San Francisco area falls into the ocean. I hate that place."

GAME NOTES

-Matt Williams revealed today that he is actually half-man, half-sentient strikeout, and dedicated his two home runs to his real father "Liquid K".

Box Score

Don May posted:

TORNADOS ROLL THROUGH DICKSHOTS

Cancun- In a battle of two teams, both trying to find an identity for themselves, the surging Tornados devastated the Dickshots today in Cancun.

Roy Halladay allowed only three hits over nine innings, and seemed more focused on what he was doing after the game, "Living in Cancun is fine for a few weeks, but after a couple of months, it starts to get to you. First couple of months, you're drinking, the weather is fine, but, bit by bit, the scales start to slip from your eyes, and you start to see things the way they are. All this rich Americans come in, with their ugly sense of entitlement, and the see the native people as little better than servants, to help them in their sybartic excess while the mass of the population lives in abject poverty. That's when the Scorpion started talking to me, telling me that I had to right the wrongs of the white men who had defiled his ancient temples..." Halladay then smirked. It was not a pleasant-looking smirk.

"I remember this one guy, probably in his early 20s, thought he was so cool, thought he was so great, with his Abercrombie and Fitch wardrobe, and his Frat Rock mix on his iPod shuffle. Sit and the bat by the beach, looking at the women. The Scorpion told me that he had to pay for the sins of his kind. He never saw it coming, because the Scorpion taught me to strike quickly, deadly. He never saw it coming, lying there, gasping for air...the poison coursing through his veins. It was magical....But, to answer your question, I felt like I had a good command out there, and sometimes things really come together. Your fastball seems faster, your cutter is sharper, your sinker is better. I just felt great out there today, but you just have to take it one game at a time."

UltimoDragonQuest, who owns the team, praised Halladay for his fine performance, "I can't say for certain whether or not this 'Scorpion' is in fact that spirit of an ancient Mayan god or just a figment of Halladay's imagination, but I can tell you that I'm very pleased with how he has been pitching lately. I guess this mysterious string of murders of which, I would like to remind you, he is not currently a suspect, have really reinvigorated him. Really brought a spark back into his game."

Monicro, whose Dickshots lost again "felt sad" about the loss. Asked for a follow-up comment, Monicro amended his statement, explaining that he "felt really sad."

GAME NOTES

-It takes a special team to saddle Addie Joss with 13 losses through 16 weeks.

-I still hate Riggs Stephenson.

Box Score

Hardcore Title Defenses

: Coburns-Generics! The most competitive series you will see this week! Assuming you only see this one series this week!
: And the Coburns will win Game 1, this isn't going to be very good, is it?

: As the Coburns win Game 2 and retain already, probably not.
: The Generics might have made a mis-step when they traded Barry Bonds last season.

: Coburns win again. And yeah, trading Bonds probably killed them.
: Well, at least they taught other owners an important lesson.

: Generics win the final game of the series to avoid a sweep, so that's something.
: Then again, any owner who didn't already know not to trade Barry Bonds probably is incapable of learning.

: Okay, the second series is Coburns-Unspecifieds, and this should be a bit more competitive, with the Unspecifieds winning Game 1.
: The Unspecifieds had a very bad time last month, but they've been playing better of late, and this would be a big win for them.

: Coburns tie it up, and we'll head to a Game 3 for the Hardcore Title.
: The Unspecifieds' biggest problem is going to be the Tornados, who have looked even better lately, and who have a lineup designed to take advantage of their finesse pitching.

: And the Coburns will retain the Hardcore title once again!
: Close game, but the Unspecifieds' bullpen is just a bit weaker, and that costs them.

: That's it for next week. Next time, it will be Coburns-Pessimists with both the Hardcore and Intercontinental Titles on the line, and then either Coburns-Unicorns or a potential four-title unification series between the Pessimists and Finger-Bangers.

Analysis

I'll do you the favor of putting those guys you were resting back into the lineup. Except Clark. I think you want to keep Clark in the lineup.

Analysis

Baker and Waner should probably come out for Traynor and Crawford, for a week, at least.

Analysis

I would bank on a very long and successful Gauntlet run.

Analysis

Well, that's certainly one solid team. I have no other notes for you, honestly.

Analysis

You can either fix your CF situation, or I can keep bugging you about it. Your choice.

Analysis

The power of James Coburn compels! Those high OBPs are the real engine of your team.

Analysis

The Dervishes just aren't a very lucky team.

Analysis

Trading two of your starters for a guy who won't be able to pitch until the Gauntlet is about the riskiest move you can make short of trying to adjust your roster in your iPhone while skydiving and only 7% power left on your battery.

Analysis

You're a good guy, Monicro, but this is a bad team.

Analysis

Invictus!

Analysis

The Spooners...above .500? All thanks to Ed Walsh and Doc White.

Analysis

I keep forgetting how bizarrely good your rotation has been. I guess I can understand Alexander, Wood, and Blyleven being good. But Derringer and Morris? That is surprising.

Analysis

Chuck Finley...this is for you.

Analysis

There's a good chance this season ends with another Losers-Bangers showdown.

Analysis

On the plus side, only three more weeks until you can activate the Space Jam again.

Analysis

Yes....

Standings and Leaders

The Bobbleheads' obit will continue after I sort out the mess with the Landers.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Aha, I found some sliders so now I can finally change my setup from what I had back when I had Polancos and Abreus strewn throughout the field.

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -4
Squeeze Play: -4
Trying for extra bases: -3
Stealing Bases: -3
Aggressively Tagging Up: -3
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 0
Giving Intentional Walks: 0
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: 2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: 0
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -4
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -4
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -3

For the last 3 pitching ones, I can't remember which way is which, but I'm going for "Get them out of there".

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Three one-run losses god loving drat every thing. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Also, how the gently caress did Bonds lose 3 points of OVR in the middle of an injury? Is it because he's in AAA and not on the DL?

Also also, do players on the bench show tiredness? If not, could you let me know if anyone (Gehrig) is tired/sore?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

Three one-run losses god loving drat every thing. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Also, how the gently caress did Bonds lose 3 points of OVR in the middle of an injury? Is it because he's in AAA and not on the DL?

Also also, do players on the bench show tiredness? If not, could you let me know if anyone (Gehrig) is tired/sore?

If they're on the bench, they've probably been there at least a week, so they aren't tired.

As to Bonds' rating, injuries can sometimes cause small bits of ratings losses. So can other things. Either way, there's nothing you can do about it.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Grinnblade posted:

Million Dollar Men
SP Jake Weimer (Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 35 days
CL Bruce Sutter (Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 65 days
SS Bobby Wallace (Not-so-Temporary Workforce Reduction) - 198 days

What the hell is wrong with you people? Stop getting injured like this again dammit :argh:

Replacements once I know how my team performed the month *sigh*

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Monicro amended his statement, explaining that he "felt really sad."
this is true

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

this is a bad team.

this is also true

IceMole
Aug 1, 2009

Let's put Art Nehf back into the rotation now to avoid the tragedy of another Schmidt start.

Unicorns draft 1910 Cy Young.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

oldskool posted:

Potatoes, I've got an injured Pete Alexander, you've got an injured Pete Alexander.
Surely we can work something out.

The difference between us is that I have an injured Pete Alexander for 18 days. You gave up 2/5ths of your rotation for a guy you can't use until the Gauntlet.

I'm also in a division with a team that just lost 2/5ths of its rotation for an appreciable amount of time, the Beard Leaguers, and those damned Catastrophes.

I'll live.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

To AAA: Tom Gordon
To MLB: Sparky Lyle

CL Lyle
SU Labine
SR Montgomery
SR Hiller

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Grinnblade posted:

The difference between us is that I have an injured Pete Alexander for 18 days. You gave up 2/5ths of your rotation for a guy you can't use until the Gauntlet.

I'm also in a division with a team that just lost 2/5ths of its rotation for an appreciable amount of time, the Beard Leaguers, and those damned Catastrophes.

I'll live.

[B]I will buy injuries Pete'Alexanders[b]

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
While we're all being whiny, I demand the Portland Bulldogs be renamed the Cenation Champs or the Orton's Head Vipers because they have explicitly cheated the system by taking advantage of a benefit given to newer teams who don't have the experience making Super-League teams but because TKBomber is the golden boy he doesn't get punished.

Here are the images you can use for the two team banners

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Increased my offer:

CraigK posted:

Dick Allen
1970 edition - hit 34 homers and had a 146 OPS+ in the offensively depressed '70 season. Had a crappy roll, but carried the hell out of my team in the Expansion Cup. Fine, fine player who's only on my bench because of a bad roll and the fact that Jeff Bagwell is a golden god. Would be the clean up hitter for quite a few teams in the league and in the middle of the order for a whole bunch of them. Only downside is that any team with him on it will be cursed with trade offers until the end of time.

Jim Fregosi- 1964 - His first "good" season, hit 18 homers and a 141 OPS+ in the offensively depressed 1964 season. Perfectly cromulent player, but relegated to warm the bench after the presence of A-Rod.

Carl Everett- 1998 - Generic mashing COF on a team stocked to the drat gills with them.

Dean Chance- 1964

and you can have throw in a few of Cardenal '70, Meluskey '98, Ausmus '98, and Figgins '10 if you want them for some depth. All decent low-to-mid-80s rolls.

for

Pedro Martinez
George Brett
Tom Henke

Dick Allen is the centerpiece, with Cliff Lee being a lesser, although still valuable part. Don't know what years those players are, but I could use a Pedro pitching like that, and Matt Williams ain't cutting it.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Senerio posted:

While we're all being whiny, I demand the Portland Bulldogs be renamed the Cenation Champs or the Orton's Head Vipers because they have explicitly cheated the system by taking advantage of a benefit given to newer teams who don't have the experience making Super-League teams but because TKBomber is the golden boy he doesn't get punished.

Yeah, Well, no. I'm not going to do that, especially since, at this point, had the Bulldogs been kicked out of the league, they would have been replaced by the Ted Sox, and, no offense intended to Mooseontheloose, that wouldn't have been good for anyone.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

[B]I will buy injuries Pete'Alexanders[b]

Are you having a stroke?!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

And if you really think that Bruzer has the follow-through to do twenty (or so) reports on a book, then you're the one who hasn't been paying attention to people's characters.

Smasher, I would have a post up right now if I hadn't just gotten home from a Harmontown event. And this comment of yours has basically made me want to do it out of spite.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Smasher, I would have a post up right now if I hadn't just gotten home from a Harmontown event. And this comment of yours has basically made me want to do it out of spite.

See, that's the kind of bitterness and anger that makes someone an effective Super-League owner. No one ever built a good team with positivity.

Then again, since your 'spite' has so far only produced an excuse for why you didn't do your assigned work, I stand by my assessment.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

See, that's the kind of bitterness and anger that makes someone an effective Super-League owner. No one ever built a good team with positivity.

Then again, since your 'spite' has so far only produced an excuse for why you didn't do your assigned work, I stand by my assessment.

I was not assigned a time frame or due date.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I was not assigned a time frame or due date.

A report on the foreward + preview videos is due by Friday at 8 AM EST. First chapter Saturday at 8 AM EST. Get to it. :colbert:

Monathin fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 17, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
7 AM; the thread uses Super League time, which is wherever Smasher is Central time.

Points off for lateness.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

CraigK posted:

Increased my offer:

Pedro Martinez is not for sale.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

On the other hand, I can't build a good team even with negativity

it is because I am dumb

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

mrnoun posted:

Pedro Martinez is not for sale.

Fair enough. (especially since I found out it's the 99 edition of him and god knows I don't have the spare parts to trade for that :v:) How about George Brett and somebody from your bullpen? Dick Allen's still on the block for you, if you want him.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 17, 2013

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

This is not going well at all... it hasn't gone this poorly since the middle of SLVI. What's worse, is nothing is really going wrong, I'm just underperforming my pythagorean record by four games. I'd at least have a winning record in that case. Ah well. I think it might be time to revise the lineup slightly after what's happened so far this season... No more Perez 3B platoon anymore, if it's even been happening. He's useful enough as a bench bat (even if he's only hit one dinger in limited PA this season), and Kamm has been amazingly consistent at providing a .350 OBP at the bottom of my lineup. It's time to go with what's actually happened this season.

pre:
vs both
1. 3B Willie Kamm
2. CF Stan Musial
3. 2B Joe Morgan
4. 1B Buck Leonard
5. RF Vladimir Guerrero
6. LF Zach Wheat (to be replaced by Averill in CF when the time comes)
7. C Johnny Bench
8. SS Cal Ripken, Jr.
If Kamm is going to keep getting on base better than anyone except Musial he gets to be leadoff despite being the only regular Dervish with less than 5 HR (ZERO! CF Averill, only other player with meaningful PA).

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

If they're on the bench, they've probably been there at least a week, so they aren't tired.

As to Bonds' rating, injuries can sometimes cause small bits of ratings losses. So can other things. Either way, there's nothing you can do about it.

Gehrig's only on the bench against LHP, which I faced exactly one of last week, and he started the week Sore. e: Speaking of which, it would be marginally more helpful to see updates with the lineup vsR instead of vsL. Is this something that would be easy to change?

So here's the plan:
- Yount back to full-time, move him above Robinson vs LHP
- McBean swaps with the injured Orosco
- If Gehrig is sore, have him start against LHP and Cash against RHP. If tired, keep Cash vs LHP. Otherwise, Gehrig back to full-time.
- Delahanty at 2B vs LHP, not Aparicio.
- Put Bonds on the actual DL, just in case.
- We're doomed.

e: - Either a) shift my rotation all down one space, with Bender moving up to #1 (but Hendrix still the next starter), and set Skip Starters slider to 2, or b) keep everything the same but manually skip over Glavine's second start of the week in favor of Bender (or switch Glavine and Bender's rotation spots after Bender's first start of the week, which should be my 3rd game).

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 17, 2013

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Monathin posted:

A report on the foreward + preview videos is due by Friday at 8 AM EST. First chapter Saturday at 8 AM EST. Get to it. :colbert:

Turn in a spiderweb outline as well. :colbert:

News: We're over .500!
Views: But everyone is sore and Hamilton is injured forever, so we won't be for long!

So uh, DL Hamilton since he won't be of any use for the rest of the season, replace him in the lineup with Manush. Send Vinny 'Why Is He Listed As A Catcher' Castilla down and call up Del Pratt.

New Lineup for this week because everyone is loving sore:
RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
1B Andres Galarraga
LF Heinie Manush
3B Del Pratt
C Darrell Porter
SS Topher Rigney
2B Frank White
P --

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Grinnblade posted:

Are you having a stroke?!

Nah, phone posting is hard

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Nah, phone posting is hard

Also, phone posting in a foreign language. The Germans can be criticised for many things, but not their willingness to learn the language most often used to mock them!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Snuffy ran into the office. He dreaded his frequent visits to the chairman's office. Not that it was an ugly, badly-appointed office, oh no. The furniture was tasteful, the carpet plush, the atmosphere should have been one of welcoming efficiency. What creeped Snuffy out was the lifeless husk in the maintenance tank, the oddly-pulsing lights of the mainframe behind the desk and the grating, tinny voice emanating from the small speaker that sat on the desk. The desk of the owner of the team.
"Yes, boss?" panted Snuffy.
"Snuffy-unit. I require linguistic assistance," croaked the voice of Robot_Deadford.
"Yes, boss?"
"Snuffy-unit, my sensors report dissatisfaction emanating from the Commisioner. Dissatisfaction with our organizations infield. Is this true?"
"Yes boss!"
"Snuffy-unit, my data arrays are experiencing a malfunction." The automaton thrashed momentarily in its tank. Snuffy shuddered. Somehow, the owner's body still retained a connection to its brain even when supposedly disconnected. Others supposed that the owner actually had all the computing power of a VIC-20, but Snuffy reckoned that if a VIC-20 was good enough for the Battlestar Galactica, it was good enough to run a Super League franchise. Sadly for the Arguments, Snuffy appeared to be wrong.
"Snuffy-unit, my linguistic conversion algorithm defines the disarray within my central processing unit as sadness. Is sadness the emotion humans feel when things are not going according to plan?"
"Yes, boss," Snuffy whimpered.
Robot_Deadford's mainframe hummed threateningly. The husk shivered in its tank of goop. The endlessly flashing lights on the mainframe flickered, racing through random patterns in an alarmingly fast manner.
"Snuffy-unit, I am now authorising a series of alterations to the playing orders. Convey them to the Smasher-unit."
A sheet of paper emerged from a slot on the mainframe's fascia. Snuffy scuttled over, took it and a small grin played over his face for a moment. Then he crept to the door.
"Snuffy-unit." Snuffy stopped dead,and turned to face the wheezing speaker. "Snuffy-unit, you are now the starting second baseman. Failure is not an option."
Snuffy nodded once. "Yes, boss!" he whispered, before running joyously through the bowels of the Ineptodrome.

New batting orders: all batting sliders, except sacrifice bunting, are now set to +5. Sacrifice bunting is set to -5.

Snuffy is now restored to 2nd base. He hits 9th. Winfield hits 5th, Nomar 6th, Santo 7th, Piersall 8th.

All other orders remain the same. God help us.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Dynamo League Week 17 Injury Report

Everything bad happens in Florida.

Florida Oranges
Nap Lajoie (2B) (Learned a valuable lesson on how not to handle sulfuric acid) - 9 days

Florida Dickshots
Billy Williams (OF) (Now Monicro feels even sadder) - 17 days
Addie Joss (SP) (Why must Monicro feel sad?) - Out for Season

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Open to trades?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Jumping on the bandwagon!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Two birds with one underperforming acid-laced stone :getin:
Let Mogul figure out who plays second this week because gently caress if I know.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Uh, well, I guess I'm going to have a few more bullpen starts this week.

Title defenses, ho!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Anyone want the last draft pick? There's some quite good relievers left, or you could take a roll on Pee Wee Reese, take a utility man in Polanco, or I guess gamble on the fact that there's fewer lefties in the Super League and draft Ryan Howard.

I believe mentholmoose's bid of 2011 Adrian Gonzalez is currently leading.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

I am definitely retracting that bid. Something else didn't go quite as planned, so I'd rather have Gonzalez than the pick for now.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Monicro, I'm also interested in acquiring Joss.

Would you be interested in 2011 Adrian Gonzalez or 2011 Kevin Youkilis for him? I could throw in old Roger Clemens or in his prime Roy Oswalt as well if you need a replacement starter.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 17, 2013

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Anyone want the last draft pick? There's some quite good relievers left, or you could take a roll on Pee Wee Reese, take a utility man in Polanco, or I guess gamble on the fact that there's fewer lefties in the Super League and draft Ryan Howard.

I believe mentholmoose's bid of 2011 Adrian Gonzalez is currently leading.

Take a look at my roster and outside of the obvious HoF dudes see if anything strikes your fancy.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Well, I'd roll the dice on the corpses of Allie Reynolds and Eddie Lopat, or rookie Bob Grim. Pick two to send me, and the pick is yours.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Can I send guys out of feeder teams like that? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

You sure can.