Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

theflyingorc posted:

Remake Muscle March with Tingle and Waluigi tia Nintendo

Muscle March II needs to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Arseburger Report

Weapons:Cannon,Swords,Rifle,Duel Pistols, minigun and shield/dinner tray(?)
Combatnot a free form targeting. Cursor jumped from each appendage. Stuff got damaged ala Monster Hunter.
Enemy: Name a dinosaur its kinda in there. Mechs too.
Your Mech Has a fuel gague, can fly, has swords, and is an excite bike.
Other notes Weather is still shown in the minimap. God drat multiplayer!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Gutcruncher posted:

Totally forgot to post the boxart

It's a work of art

I thought they leaked an unfinished cover for the US version.

Fake edit: found!

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo is like Capcom in that they both have generators powered entirely by human suffering, only while Capcom's is fueled by the tears of Mega Man fans Nintendo's uses Earthbound.

And both together combine their powers for Monster Hunter.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Tingle and Waluigi should just have an entire series to themselves where they play odd lounge games with other reject Nintendo characters (Boshi, Pauline, Kiddy Kong, Chargin' Chuck)

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Or maybe they should just translate Captain Rainbow.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VarrosAnon posted:

Tingle and Waluigi should just have an entire series to themselves where they play odd lounge games with other reject Nintendo characters (Boshi, Pauline, Kiddy Kong, Chargin' Chuck)

Welp, now I want this to happen completely unironically.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

GBA emulation might just be a bit easier on the Wii U than the 3DS. Weren't some of the ambassador titles a little shaky?

Regardless, I like that they're finally willing to put handheld games on a console VC.
I don't think emulation is the hold-up so much as general mishandling that has beset the Nintendo digital stores for years now. There are multiple NES Ambassador titles that are still not in the eShop.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

limaCAT posted:

And both together combine their powers for Monster Hunter.

Someone was asleep at the switch when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate slipped out, but rest assured they'll be back to make people cry over Monster Hunter 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VarrosAnon posted:

I would play the gently caress outta this game. Boshi and Chargin' Chuck are boss as all hell.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Cannot Find Server posted:

I would play the gently caress outta this game. Boshi and Chargin' Chuck are boss as all hell.

Can you imagine playing poker against Boshi? You'd lose every time.

Well, the first time. After he wins something he tends to shut it down and declare himself ruler of the island, which would probably hurt replay value.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VarrosAnon posted:

Nintendo has to make the game $10 more just to add Geno and Mallow.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VarrosAnon posted:

Can you imagine playing poker against Boshi? You'd lose every time.

Well, the first time. After he wins something he tends to shut it down and declare himself ruler of the island, which would probably hurt replay value.

New plan: All these characters in a straight sequel to Super Mario RPG.

edit: Nintendo finally reads my letters and the final boss is Waluigi PRIME

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Smithy was kind of an underwhelming boss. I heartily endorse a sequel with a foe worthy of the Mario franchise.

Incidentally, the Wind Waker shots show Link standing with Tetra in Skyfall Island.

Did this scene happen in the original game? Even if it didn't, it may only be there for demo purposes and not actually reflect any changes. But it would kind of kick rear end if you could play as Tetra and use a different fighting style than Link.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chaltab posted:

Did this scene happen in the original game? Even if it didn't, it may only be there for demo purposes and not actually reflect any changes. But it would kind of kick rear end if you could play as Tetra and use a different fighting style than Link.

Is it possible that this is from Tetra's Trackers?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's just plopping a model in an environment for a screenshot. They didn't even have any moving video of the game so I imagine it is quite early on.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

VarrosAnon posted:

I'd buy that, though they should totally throw Luigi in (even though he isn't a reject) and make him a bigger weirdo.

Also, it's such a Nintendo move to charge you more money to play VC games in Wii U mode. On any other system this would be free. (Watch when the next XBOX comes out and they don't charge to redownload XBLA games)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chaltab posted:

This unquestionably needs to happen. Just flip Link and Tetra in the story. Would it really matter?

I've been agreeing with the Internet minority that says The Legend of Zelda series needs to go bi-gender: Link saves Princess Zelda or Zelda saves Prince Link.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Chaltab posted:

Smithy was kind of an underwhelming boss. I heartily endorse a sequel with a foe worthy of the Mario franchise.

Incidentally, the Wind Waker shots show Link standing with Tetra in Skyfall Island.

Pretty sure it's just for the tech demo, it also uses the brown sleeved Link that pre-release versions of Wind Waker used rather than the light green sleeves in the main game.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Spacebump posted:

I'd buy that, though they should totally throw Luigi in (even though he isn't a reject) and make him a bigger weirdo.

The glorious return of Mr. L!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

The warp song is a long way into the game. And you can only go so many places. I didn't mind the sailing, but stuff is more spread out than necessary.
I have absolutely no problem with sailing that couldn't be fixed by not making me play a song to turn my goddamn boat.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn X looks like Xenoblade on steroids, guess I'm buying a Wii U when that comes out.

Wind Waker HD is cool but if they don't increase the difficulty or (add any new content which they 99% won't) i'm not interested. Zelda games are super fun when they're challenging and the fights in WW are some of the best Zelda combat except everything hits you for a quarter of a heart.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

VarrosAnon posted:

A bizarre dream I've had for a long time is a Suda51-developed Waluigi game. Waluigi is basically a G-Rated Travis Touchdown in my eyes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

This unquestionably needs to happen. Just flip Link and Tetra in the story. Would it really matter?

I've been agreeing with the Internet minority that says The Legend of Zelda series needs to go bi-gender: Link saves Princess Zelda or Zelda saves Prince Link.
Hoping the next LoZ has Zelda as the gamepad, casting spells, and Link as the wiimote, tanking the mobs. Local co-op with loved ones needs to happen. Also why I'm excited for Game & Wario.

edit: This would make WW more appropriate, with the last battle with Gannondorf being essentially what I want out of a future Zelda game.

Edit2: Imagine having to angle the gamepad a certain way to bounce Links sword blasts to hit mobs from different angles. Or casting bubble spells on Link as he swims through fire.

Edit3: Using the stylus to draw spell ruins. I'm getting sad because this won't happen.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 24, 2013

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

bef posted:

Goddamn X looks like Xenoblade on steroids, guess I'm buying a Wii U when that comes out.

Wind Waker HD is cool but if they don't increase the difficulty or (add any new content which they 99% won't) i'm not interested. Zelda games are super fun when they're challenging and the fights in WW are some of the best Zelda combat except everything hits you for a quarter of a heart.

It won't happen, but just imagine, a week before it comes out, Nintendo says "oh, by the way, we put those two dungeons back in and doubled KORL's max speed."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Junkie Disease posted:

Thats pretty meta if its npc chatter. Beat still my heart.

If the game turns out to be nothing but fighting Brachiosauruses and other mutant Dinosaurs I will be satisfied.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Vaati steals Majora's Mask, and Link goes after him, drawing the four sword with each copy donning the Deku, Goron, and Zora masks, respectively, in co-op gameplay.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

Renoistic posted:

I didn't feel the trailer for Monolith's new game at all. Then the robot showed. Can't wait for this now. Between their new game and Bayonetta 2 I actually might consider buying the console!

That is the exact spot of the trailer where I yelled out, "Holy SHIIIIIT!". And of course the red X and the end too helped.
So yah, I'm a little excited. :3:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Really hoping GBA VC is for 3DS as well as it potentially coming out on Wii U.

Having the games at all is nice, but it's going to be weird having half of my handheld virtual collection on a handheld and half of it on a console if they don't do GBA VC on 3DS.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Junkie Disease posted:

Arseburger Report

Weapons:Cannon,Swords,Rifle,Duel Pistols, minigun and shield/dinner tray(?)
Combatnot a free form targeting. Cursor jumped from each appendage. Stuff got damaged ala Monster Hunter.
Enemy: Name a dinosaur its kinda in there. Mechs too.
Your Mech Has a fuel gague, can fly, has swords, and is an excite bike.
Other notes Weather is still shown in the minimap. God drat multiplayer!

:catstare: Suddenly and in few words the wait till March for Monster Hunter 3u has been replaced with an unknown but surely painful wait for this "X" project. Hopefully they go with a professional British voice crew again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So years ago, we got an awesome tech demo showing off what the Gamecube was capable of and ended up getting a(n awesome) game that looked nothing like it. Years later, when the Wii U was announced, we got another tech demo showing off what an HD Zelda could be and instead we get Wind Waker again!

Still, can't wait to see what the full game will look like.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
It sure is nice that Balloon Fight is running at an appropriate aspect ratio. Between that, the restore point feature from the 3DS VC games, and having the option to play on the pad, I won't feel too bad re-purchasing/updating my Wii VC library to Wii U as they come down the pike.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

bushisms.txt posted:

Hoping the next LoZ has Zelda as the gamepad, casting spells, and Link as the wiimote, tanking the mobs. Local co-op with loved ones needs to happen. Also why I'm excited for Game & Wario.

edit: This would make WW more appropriate, with the last battle with Gannondorf being essentially what I want out of a future Zelda game.

Edit2: Imagine having to angle the gamepad a certain way to bounce Links sword blasts to hit mobs from different angles. Or casting bubble spells on Link as he swims through fire.

Edit3: Using the stylus to draw spell ruins. I'm getting sad because this won't happen.

Wow, you've somehow managed to come up with a pitch for a Zelda game that sounds even worse than the last few steaming piles Nintendo has squeezed out. :golfclap:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
So that THQ stuff is mostly done now, and not only did Nintendo not buy Vigil (or anyone/anything else), no one else wanted them so they've shut down :smith:

On the bright side there's word that Platinum wants to get the Darksiders IP on the cheap, which would be great for that franchise after 2 being a bit disappointing.

e: gently caress, the lead designer on both Darksiders games said they wanted Darksiders 3 to be 4 player coop, but that ship's sailed now. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME!

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 24, 2013

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Chaltab posted:

The only time Tetra goes to Windfall is during the scene where they go to pick up bombs before heading back down to Outset. It's night time and raining so no, that scene doesn't happen. Probably just set up as an example of what the new character models look like.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Or maybe they should just translate Captain Rainbow.

There's actually a fan translation in the works already, and it's coming along nicely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chronojam posted:

:catstare: Suddenly and in few words the wait till March for Monster Hunter 3u has been replaced with an unknown but surely painful wait for this "X" project. Hopefully they go with a professional British voice crew again.

That's pretty unlikely, given it's coming to the US as well this time :smith:. I'm in the same camp though, as the British actors really made it something unique.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Also, it's such a Nintendo move to charge you more money to play VC games in Wii U mode. On any other system this would be free. (Watch when the next XBOX comes out and they don't charge to redownload XBLA games)
I'll be somewhat surprised if existing XBLA games are forward compatible just cause the architecture is likely to be very different.

LividLiquid posted:

I have absolutely no problem with sailing that couldn't be fixed by not making me play a song to turn my goddamn boat.
What's with all you people that couldn't steer the boat? :psyduck:

WendigoJohnson posted:

If the game turns out to be nothing but fighting Brachiosauruses and other mutant Dinosaurs I will be satisfied.
All I could think was "Xeno Lost Monster Planet Hunting Blade."

...and I'm totally fine with that.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Xenohunter? SMTxFire Emblem? Wind Waker HD remake? Funny how 1 press conference can get me excited about the Wii U again. Can't wait for Wonderful 101 either.

Between 101, MGRR, and Anarchy Reigns, I'll be spending a lot of time with games by Platinum in the near future. This makes me happy.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

japtor posted:

What's with all you people that couldn't steer the boat? :psyduck:

Changing direction of the wind was unnecessarily cumbersome and made sailing even more tedious.

I love Wind Waker, but you've gotta admit it had some pretty obvious design flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Static Rook posted:

Xenohunter? SMTxFire Emblem? Wind Waker HD remake? Funny how 1 press conference can get me excited about the Wii U again. Can't wait for Wonderful 101 either.

Between 101, MGRR, and Anarchy Reigns, I'll be spending a lot of time with games by Platinum in the near future. This makes me happy.

Especially if they managed to buy the Darksiders rights that the head of Platinum is wanting to do.

• Locked thread