Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Observer Awards posted:

Worst Announcer

PREVIOUS WINNERS - 1984 - Angelo Mosca; 1985 - Gorilla Monsoon; 1986 - David Crockett; 1987 - David Crockett; 1988 - David Crockett; 1989 - Ed Whalen; 1990 - Herb Abrams; 1991 - Gorilla Monsoon; 1992 - Gorilla Monsoon 1993 - Gorilla Monsoon; 1994 - Gorilla Monsoon; 1995 - Gorilla Monsoon; 1996 - Steve McMichael 1997 - Dusty Rhodes; 1998 - Lee Marshall; 1999 - Tony Schiavone; 2000 - Tony Schiavone; 2001 - Michael Cole; 2002 - Jerry Lawler; 2003 - Jonathan Coachman; 2004 - Todd Grisham; 2005 - Jonathan Coachman; 2006 - Todd Grisham; 2007 - Don West; 2008 - Mike Adamle; 2009 - Michael Cole; 2010 - Michael Cole; 2011 - Michael Cole

Five years in a row? Hell, wasn't 92 the year where he and Heenan did the greatest commentary ever on the rumble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Go back and listen to Gorilla. Not him riffing with Heenan, JUST him. He wasn't very good.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I am now dumber for having listened to The Brian Kendrick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Of course he's also an anti-vaxxer.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I tapped out the second he started talking about his cartoon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRayPer posted:

Vaccinations are pretty much Baby's First Conspiracy for a lot of idiots these days.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Karmine posted:

Referring to it as "Obama's NDAA" was particularly hilarious. Part of me wants to believe that he's kayfabing but we all know that absolute psychos like that exist everywhere.

Why did that stick out to you?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
No politics derails, please. Especially not when :siren: THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST IS BACK!!! :siren:

Click RIGHT HERE to hear me, HulkaMatt, Kung Fu Grip, MRP and Nut Bunnies run down our thoughts on the entire WWE roster*!

* Except Divas. And announcers. And Ted DiBiase. And JTG.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
AoW has Hornswoggle this week. Haven't heard an interview with him before, I'll admit that I'm interested in this one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

This was where I turned the episode off.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Frilled Lizard posted:

AoW has Hornswoggle this week. Haven't heard an interview with him before, I'll admit that I'm interested in this one.

It's drat good. Hornswoggle is really articulate and has a dry sense of humor, plus he reveals that he used to ride with Khali and Mark Henry.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I may have misheard or misunderstood, but in the short Kurt Angle show today when asked about retirement did he say "I have another 2 years left at TNA and then a retirement year"?

Ok I checked that was close enough. Is there any chance of him retiring in WWE? Has he expressed interest in going back for one more run? Would they want him? Grasping at straws here but it seems like an odd way to word that.

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 24, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Vince sends Kurt flowers every week, so of course they'd love to have him back

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Valeyard posted:

I may have misheard or misunderstood, but in the short Kurt Angle show today when asked about retirement did he say "I have another 2 years left at TNA and then a retirement year"?

Ok I checked that was close enough. Is there any chance of him retiring in WWE? Has he expressed interest in going back for one more run? Would they want him? Grasping at straws here but it seems like an odd way to word that.

They would want him clean and sober also it is Angle he is full of poo poo.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

bobkatt013 posted:

They would want him clean and sober also it is Angle he is full of poo poo.

If he wasn't under contract, and was doing a retirement tour, I'll bet they'd bring him in for a night just to lose to Dolph Ziggler or someone as a mystery guest. Couldn't see them hiring him for an extended run, but for a night, sure what the hell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Pretty sure it was in the Observer a while back that Creative had been asked to pitch ideas for Kurt then told to forget it, so it's certainly not outside possibility. (I may be getting confused with Flair though).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Go back and listen to Gorilla. Not him riffing with Heenan, JUST him. He wasn't very good.

I don't know what year it was, but it was definitely in that five-year span, where Monsoon and Randy Savage were doing commentary for RAW. It was disappointingly bad.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Did Angle say anything about Dave's "drug addicts sure do have their Twitters hacked a lot" comments?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Why did that stick out to you?

Mostly because all the other stuff had been mentioned in this thread by the time I listened to the interview.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rodney the Piper posted:

Did Angle say anything about Dave's "drug addicts sure do have their Twitters hacked a lot" comments?
He said was not talking about Kurt. :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PaybackJack posted:

If he wasn't under contract, and was doing a retirement tour, I'll bet they'd bring him in for a night just to lose to Dolph Ziggler or someone as a mystery guest. Couldn't see them hiring him for an extended run, but for a night, sure what the hell.
Yeah I think if he ever got involved with the WWE it would either be a surprise RR entrant, getting into the HOF, and maybe a Wrestlemania program to end his career.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

He said was not talking about Kurt. :colbert:

Isn't Kurt friends (or at least an acquaintance) with Dave?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Joey McChrist posted:

Isn't Kurt friends (or at least an acquaintance) with Dave?
Even his friends have to call him out on his stupidity...if Dave was referring to him to begin with :colbert:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Superstar impersonation contest is actually better than I imagined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgcYU4iyfJw

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIm_c643BU

:lol:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 25, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"I typed in WWE wrestlers that died and a long list came up" :smith:

Granny is in rare form this week.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't usually listen to the granny segments but I was glad I did this week. her finding a Raw episode from last year instead of this week's Main Event and also looking up "WWE wrestlers that died" were both too good. also the contest was great, that kid was freakin' adorable.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

The Goog posted:

No politics derails, please. Especially not when :siren: THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST IS BACK!!! :siren:

Click RIGHT HERE to hear me, HulkaMatt, Kung Fu Grip, MRP and Nut Bunnies run down our thoughts on the entire WWE roster*!

The guy who doesn't like the WWE and hasn't watched in years is doing his level best to ruin this, but it's good anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

I like it.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

CombineThresher posted:

It's drat good. Hornswoggle is really articulate and has a dry sense of humor, plus he reveals that he used to ride with Khali and Mark Henry.

When I heard this I was imaging it in my head and good stuff came along, also never knew he was from the midwest which is cool to know.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

The Goog posted:

You forgot Yoshi :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Draga posted:

To be fair, so has Creative.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Draga posted:

I yelled them after we stopped recording for not talking about the jobbers.

My thoughts: I like him.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I think Alex Riley somehow avoid the label of a worker worse than Otunga.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers liked WWE Raw so much, we spent a good 15 minutes talking about Mr. Show and the State.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is the Wrestling Observer Live stream working for anyone?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE PUNCH SPORT RUMBLE CAST

WE TALK ABOUT THE RUMBLE also get those names we didn't talk about last time. I think we spend 45 minutes just doing the Rumble Match. JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Nooooo I want Captain Charisma's thoughts on the Rumble, I have been robbed of this treasure

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'd suggest you guys turn your volume down if you want to listen to it.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

No CC no buys

(but seriously will listen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh gently caress me the ending song...:negative:

• Locked thread