Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Some foreign posters for the original TCM. Sorry for the small sizes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

It's cool that the German marketing for TCM1 almost exactly pre-figured that of TCM2. Light, unthreatening family portraiture which alienates the fact that one of them's wearing other people's faces.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

:hellyeah:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

joedevola posted:

It looks like fun but I wish Hollywood would just let del Toro make his version of At The Mountains Of Madness.

I don't think it will ever happen. Even if Pacific Rim is a huge success there's no way the studios will bankroll a R-rated $150 million dollar horror film, and Del Toro would (hopefully) never do a PG-13 version.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

I just see the Twisted Metal Black cover.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I like the poster, but why change a great tagline?

"In space no one can hear you ice cream"... wut?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Dillbag posted:

I don't think it will ever happen. Even if Pacific Rim is a huge success there's no way the studios will bankroll a R-rated $150 million dollar horror film, and Del Toro would (hopefully) never do a PG-13 version.

Didn't he say he's not interested in the project anymore since it was basically Prometheus?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

tofes posted:

Didn't he say he's not interested in the project anymore since it was basically Prometheus?

Really? That's a shame, since (barring one scene) Prometheus was in no way a horror film. Hell, Pan's Labyrinth was a better horror film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that and he probably wants to focus on things that actually have a chance of being made. Having "Mountains" collapse on him a couple of times already has got to be discouraging.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

tofes posted:

Last year he did, but in a more recent interview he backed off from that:

quote:

The filmmaker did say earlier this year that he was worried that Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" could have too much overlap with story and tone, the film dealt with a lot of the same issue that 'Mountains Of Madness' does. But that was before he saw the film. Del Toro caught up with it and is no longer concerned. "Not really, I saw it finally and.. yes, there are things in common, but, you know, screw it. Lovecraft was there first," he laughed.

Dillbag posted:

Actually, at the time it was axed by Universal, he said that he wasn't planning on making it very gory, and that it could have wound up with a PG-13 rating anyway - but he didn't want to risk compromising the tone by guaranteeing a PG-13.
http://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-toro-pacific-rim-mountains-madness-sandy-105143/

quote:

“Ultimately, I think the MPAA could rule the movie PG-13 because the movie and the book are not gory. If that is the outcome, fine… The only thing I know about ‘Mountains’ is, I do not want it to be bloody, I do not want it to be crass, but I want it to be as intense as possible. And those discussions were had in the open. Everyone knew this was my position, that I knew I was asking the chance for the movie to be what it needs to be. I don’t think it’s a good idea to relinquish that on paper.”

FoneBone fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 24, 2013

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As long as he gets to make his Justice League Dark movie* I will be very happy.

*this will never happen.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah isn't mountains of madness more about dread and existential terror rather than gore and stuff? I don't see why an R-rating would be necessary for that one

By the way you can read it here, it's pretty good I thought;
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/mountainsofmaddness.htm

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I posted these in the Ghostbusters thread & someone mentioned that I should post them in here despite that I'm 8,000+ posts behind. I did 2 Ghostbusters inspired posters, one for GB1 and one for GB2. If this is something anyone is interest in, I am selling them, just shoot me a PM. If not, hope you at least enjoy them. If you hate them, I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, baby.

e:

The Modern Leper posted:

This oughta be good. :munch:

Aw jeez...

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 25, 2013

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

This oughta be good. :munch:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

This is a good sequel teaser poster, it lets people connect the dots themselves without being too obscure for the general public.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Is that a very tiny Bob & Doug McKenzie on the beach?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

First teaser poster for Danny Boyle's latest, Trance.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Oh, that's clever. My guess is that you think it's one of those Barbara Kruger knock-off posters at a distance, then as you get closer the hypnosis spiral kicks in.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Whoa, the timg doesn't show the spiral at all and clicking the image gave me the craziest :pwn:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that was some neat visual whiplash there.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The dark middle chapter in the That Darn Cat! trilogy.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Somehow this movie isn't a parody.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Where's Dennis Leary??

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's actually a sequel to The Help.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The [verb]ers. Can we [verb] you?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Hopefully it will be a found footage Funny Games and divide CineD horror fans into warring factions.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Until the other day, I didn't think Funny Games was all that controversial, surely everyone knows that Haneke is kind of a scold?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

scary ghost dog posted:

Hopefully it will be a found footage Funny Games and divide CineD horror fans into warring factions.

Oh man I'm getting gray hairs just thinking about this.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Supercar Gautier posted:

The [verb]ers. Can we [verb] you?

Tag line for the movie tie in to Mad Libs

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

penismightier posted:

Oh man I'm getting gray hairs just thinking about this.

You need salt for this job, boy. You got Salt?

Or do you have Salt (2010)?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Salt was 24 on HGH with a female Jack Bauer.

It owned bones.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

And I noticed the face just now.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

The MSJ posted:

And I noticed the face just now.

Ey up?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

I hate to say it but I saw this and first reaction thought it was for The Blob.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

This gives me a really bad headache, christ.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Monster pointing at bottom left of poster: THE RING IS OVER THERE, LOOK loving LEFT YOU IDIOTS!

Still brilliant.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

This is making my eyes bleed.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I really dig how in this poster the shark is no longer menacing the swimmer as in the original Jaws poster, but is charging forward into the camera to attack the audience.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I love the ridiculous pose by the woman on the inflatable raft. So dumb, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

A human heart posted:

I really dig how in this poster the shark is no longer menacing the swimmer as in the original Jaws poster, but is charging forward into the camera to attack the audience.

Ugh, when will the movie industry stop catering to SMG.

I'm assuming it's found footage.