Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

George Burns with that dumb wooden train whistle almost killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Mob posted:

George Burns with that dumb wooden train whistle almost killed me.

I agree! The slight whistle as no one mentions it at all was hilarious.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I give this episode two soothing blasts of an Entwistle.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Peruse Hilton.

3 blasts from me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, Daly is amazing in this episode. I don't know if he's hosed up or what, but whatever he's doing it's magical.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Deadpool posted:

Haha, Daly is amazing in this episode. I don't know if he's hosed up or what, but whatever he's doing it's magical.

Whatever he's on, I appreciate his commitment. Dr. Bill Cosby Bukowski is a character worthy of method acting if ever there were one.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Whatever method he's on, I want some.

I really enjoyed the video aspect of this episode (not to mention the audio aspect). Can't wait until there's a video I4H, I think that would be really great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I still like to visualize characters, so I think I'll always listen to the audio podcast before watching the video.
It's why the TV show slightly didn't work for me. ALW doesn't look a bit like PFT when I'm listening to him

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I still like to visualize characters, so I think I'll always listen to the audio podcast before watching the video.
It's why the TV show slightly didn't work for me. ALW doesn't look a bit like PFT when I'm listening to him

Overall I loved the TV show a lot, but I agree with this. The celebrity impersonation characters that are great on the podcast didn't really work for me visually.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tnimark posted:

Overall I loved the TV show a lot, but I agree with this. The celebrity impersonation characters that are great on the podcast didn't really work for me visually.

I gotta say that PFT's Cake Boss actually looks just like the real Cake Boss and was perfect, and El Chupacabra was also perfect on the show.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I hope for the next video Comedy Bang Bang they do Jukebox Jury, I'd love to see people's reactions to some of those songs.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

I got to this one late, but yeah!

and this pic from the website made me laugh too:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I got to this one late, but yeah!

and this pic from the website made me laugh too:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Watching this on video was a billion times more amazing with Jon Daly, holy poo poo was he drunk but amazingly hilarious so. Fingerguns at the camera and winks :3:

Still having a hard time I guess 'getting' Tims humor. It just looks like he's legit not into the other two and would just like to have a two-man show with Scott. Especially near the end where he straight up takes off his headphones and leans back bored, it took me off enjoyings Daly amazing jelloem he was doing at the time.
It's kind of like the sketch where Adam and Harry are from the lumbermmill and make a huge effort out of removing all comedic timing and jokes, but without it really working. Or I guess working so well I actually find it not funny.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon. You have to appreciate a George Burns impression with train whistle toots for cigar puffs. It was pretty much the funniest thing that's ever happened.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Zsinjeh posted:

Watching this on video was a billion times more amazing with Jon Daly, holy poo poo was he drunk but amazingly hilarious so. Fingerguns at the camera and winks :3:

Still having a hard time I guess 'getting' Tims humor. It just looks like he's legit not into the other two and would just like to have a two-man show with Scott. Especially near the end where he straight up takes off his headphones and leans back bored, it took me off enjoyings Daly amazing jelloem he was doing at the time.
It's kind of like the sketch where Adam and Harry are from the lumbermmill and make a huge effort out of removing all comedic timing and jokes, but without it really working. Or I guess working so well I actually find it not funny.

Heidecker is hilarious. He's like the anti-straight man, playing open contempt for everything around him and very rarely breaking.

There's a great bit near the end of the video, about when he starts on the George Burns bit when it looks like he surprises himself with a quip with such perfect timing that he ducks out of frame because he starts cracking up too hard to keep his aloof character going. The guy commits.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I guess it's subjective. The reasons you like him are the exact reasons I don't like him. In a sea of "Yes, and" and "No, but" he's an island of just plain "No".

I enjoyed his appearance on How Did This Get Made because he was just being himself. It was the first time he came across as genuine.

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself
I appreciated Scott telling Tim to can it when he starts in again with his low energy I'm not into comedy right now thing 5 minutes after Daly brings all that wonderful energy. The guy didn't know when to adapt and drop it. On the other hand, he then launched into being hilarious.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
As far as I'm concerned this was one of the best episodes ever.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

You either get it or you don't. Some people think that Heidecker's anti-comedy (or purposely being unfunny to us laymen) is hilarious. I don't get it either. I find it kind of odd he seems to have fallen in with the UCB crowd. Isn't his schtick kind of incongruous with improvisational comedy?

I think I'd tolerate it better if it was one thing he did, like one character out of a host of characters he was able to do. But as far as I've seen, he's a one-trick pony. He's a comedian who pretty much has one bit: "the not funny at all guy". But, as I already admitted, I don't get it. So maybe it's just me and almost everyone else who is wrong.

It was awesome having such a forceful presence as Bill Cosby Bukowski on at the same time so Heidecker couldn't ruin the show again.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 30, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
His first appearance on CBB is unlistenable but he cracks me up otherwise. Different strokes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't mind him, and he wasn't too bad this time, but the episode where he and Eric were both on was fantastic. I think he just needs somebody to work with and that'll respond to his un-jokes in a way he expects, rather than Scott's thing of just letting them do their thing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

You either get it or you don't. Some people think that Heidecker's anti-comedy (or purposely being unfunny to us laymen) is hilarious. I don't get it either. I find it kind of odd he seems to have fallen in with the UCB crowd. Isn't his schtick kind of incongruous with improvisational comedy?

I think I'd tolerate it better if it was one thing he did, like one character out of a host of characters he was able to do. But as far as I've seen, he's a one-trick pony. He's a comedian who pretty much has one bit: "the not funny at all guy". But, as I already admitted, I don't get it. So maybe it's just me and almost everyone else who is wrong.

It was awesome having such a forceful presence as Bill Cosby Bukowski on at the same time so Heidecker couldn't ruin the show again.

He does have many characters. Not just the dozens on 5 seasons of Tim & Eric, but he's been doing his "bad stand-up from the early 90s" character for years on stage. His persona on podcasts, radio/tv interviews, or Twitter is very different from the "himself" character he plays on T&E or Tom in Tom Goes To The Mayor, which is very naive and innocent to play off Eric's more boorish "himself" persona or The Mayor. On podcasts or Twitter, he pushes the meanness and aloofness of it to such an extreme that it's amazing he doesn't break character more often. As far as you've seen is clearly not that much.

The term "anti-comedy" is such a cop out. What does that even mean? It sounds like something from a bad AV Club article or something a brandy-swirling aristocrat would say about Monty Python 40 years ago.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

But as far as I've seen, he's a one-trick pony. He's a comedian who pretty much has one bit: "the not funny at all guy".

I agree that Heidecker's style of comedy can be uniquely frustrating and infuriating, but I don't think it's always a matter of him being a one trick pony. He can go some pretty weird places with the riffs that are going on. His appearance with Reggie Watts and Andy and Jon Daly was very funny, and I can't even believe how good his comic timing was when he was repeatedly stumbling over the names of Star Trek characters and somehow making it sound believable.

When it comes along to riffing with a group, his obstinance can be kind of annoying and can drag a bit down a little bit, but I think he does know how to get out of the way when he needs to. And the rapport between him and Jon Daly on this episode is clearly not real, Tim is one of the guests on the #230pst podcast that Jon can't stop bringing up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's like you guys didn't listen to the last half an hour.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The switch to George Burns was pretty much perfect too, such an outdated impression of a guy who was never all that funny in the first place. Tim never really changed characters at all, he just shifted gears from "unsuccessful business man" to "unsuccessful business man doing a George Burns impression". The concept was funny, and it was executed well.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Since this is kind of the unofficial Kroll Show thread, it got picked up for a second season! :)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Since this is kind of the unofficial Kroll Show thread, it got picked up for a second season! :)

Sweet! I've really enjoyed what I have seen.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Whew, I was kinda worried since I hadn't really heard anything about it outside of this thread.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

SpacePig posted:

Whew, I was kinda worried since I hadn't really heard anything about it outside of this thread.

Normally, you wouldn't for a while. Getting picked up after the second episode airs is a sign that it's doing very well.

(Let me clarify here - very well for comedy central, where they don't pay anyone for poo poo unless your name is Matt Stone, Trey Parker, Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert. I guess Tosh probably gets some coin now, too. They don't have to pay much for everyone else, really - it's about exposure for the most part.)

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 31, 2013

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm just glad it's being given some more time. I haven't been terribly impressed with any single episode so far, but some of the skits have been pretty good, and I feel that they all can get better given time. I'm just waiting for Chupacabra to show up, and I think next week's has Gil Faizon, so that should be good.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I liked it when Scott responds to Tim's eating: Wasabi? Please!

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I tend to forget who Paul Rust is in between appearances but man do I enjoy him when he's on. Bring me a plate of ice cold spaghetti.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Rust gets a lot of love for his New No-No's, but he had a fantastic episode with Todd Barry and Neil Campbell- episode 81.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hell, he was great as Cal Shipsby way back when. All of the Don't Stop or We'll Die guys are great.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Also on 144 - Clones and Oliver Stones, which I maintain is the true spiritual successor to Farts and Procreation.

But for real, we met... under a bridge.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

But for real, we met... under a bridge.

No c'mon guys enough joking around, butseriouslywemetunderabridge.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

This buffering is awful. I feel bad that they decided to take questions this episode because 100% of the comments are about the buffering. And the number of viewers was down to like 350 before I gave up. :v:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Who are the guests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doetc
Jul 24, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

This buffering is awful. I feel bad that they decided to take questions this episode because 100% of the comments are about the buffering. And the number of viewers was down to like 350 before I gave up. :v:

Its down to 51 last I checked, and the video just crashed for me.