Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The stream worked really well last week too, I wonder what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Brock Samson posted:

Who are the guests?

The guy who hosts the Roast on Comedy Central, Neil Campbell as an author, a fake Sara Silverman, and a musician with a funny name (Ron Sexsmith).
The buffering's better now, though they had to do a pretty hard restart.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fake Sara Silverman is amazing.

EDIT: Neil and Amy are seriously killing it.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 1, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Also on 144 - Clones and Oliver Stones, which I maintain is the true spiritual successor to Farts and Procreation.

But for real, we met... under a bridge.

This is an excellent observation/recommendation.

And, drat that is a catchy song: http://youtu.be/FvdBGauCpn0 I'm surprised I'm not hearing it in car commercials by now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

NotWearingPants posted:

And, drat that is a catchy song: http://youtu.be/FvdBGauCpn0 I'm surprised I'm not hearing it in car commercials by now.

Seriously, "Once in a While" just seems like it should have been co-opted for some entry level sedan or fast casual dining restaurant at this point. Maybe it's the whole male-singing-as-female thing.

Overall, Don't Stop or We'll Die's songs are insanely catchy. It took me a while to realize that every time I'd hear one in passing on CBB it would be stuck in my head for days afterwards. "Why the hell am I walking around my kitchen singing about shrooms?"

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I love "I Got a Perm for my Camping Trip" way more than I should.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Overall, Don't Stop or We'll Die's songs are insanely catchy. It took me a while to realize that every time I'd hear one in passing on CBB it would be stuck in my head for days afterwards. "Why the hell am I walking around my kitchen singing about shrooms?"

Power of Pecota posted:

I love "I Got a Perm for my Camping Trip" way more than I should.

I didn't really like Perm one very much, but I'm absolutely in love with both the song and the video that I assume JethroMcB is referencing.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1eff4dd301/getaway-grandmother-s-club

"but it's not for you and me.. It's For The Grandmas!"

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 2, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Have they ever had a guest doing the character of a previous guest before? Fake Silverman was very funny, Neil Campbell amazing again.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

How badly does Jeff Ross drag the show down? Is it a good show or a good show despite of him?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Wow, I truly thought that was Sarah doing a take on her archetypical comedic persona. Very funny either way, I guess. Neil Campbell left me wanting more excerpts from his book, the musical guest was funny, and cohost Jeff Ross was quite good even for being from "outside" the usual CBB stable.

Hdlsa
Jul 28, 2007
Important-looking pirate

Conduit for Sale! posted:

How badly does Jeff Ross drag the show down? Is it a good show or a good show despite of him?

I think his TV show looks terrible and I was afraid he was going to be really annoying on the episode but he was actually pretty funny and good at playing along with Scott and his bits.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Is the video of the latest ep up anywhere?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It will be up on Earwolf's youtube channel in a while, probably before the end of the day.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Hdlsa posted:

I think his TV show looks terrible and I was afraid he was going to be really annoying on the episode but he was actually pretty funny and good at playing along with Scott and his bits.

His show's actually worth a watch if only for the panel segments, when the three guest comedians take over and consistently refuse to take the show seriously at all

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Video's up: http://t.co/Ai4IVyZw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I guess that Lil Gary, Riki Lindhome, and Mary Lynn Rajskub episode just isn't coming back. It's been too long now. They should have been able to fix whatever they wanted to fix. That had one of my favorite WYRs ever too. Dammit. :(

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I really hope Tim Heidecker can hook in John C. Reilly to do an episode sometime, because I can only see that leading to a special episode with Sarah Silverman, Amy Phillips doing a Sarah Silverman impression, John C. Reilly, and PFT doing a John C. Reilly impression.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you don't own headphones you might want to skip this episode. You won't miss much.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
As an avid headphone enthusiast, I'm now more excited than ever.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mob posted:

If you don't own headphones you might want to skip this episode. You won't miss much.

Why?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Power of Pecota posted:

I really hope Tim Heidecker can hook in John C. Reilly to do an episode sometime, because I can only see that leading to a special episode with Sarah Silverman, Amy Phillips doing a Sarah Silverman impression, John C. Reilly, and PFT doing a John C. Reilly impression.

Let's not also forget Ron Sexsmith's killer John C. Reilly impression.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Because the woman doing the Sarah Silverman impersonation screams everything she says.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mob posted:

Because the woman doing the Sarah Silverman impersonation screams everything she says.

So, it's an accurate Sarah Silverman impression?

It's an alright episode, not every one has to be spectacular. However, I will say that I genuinely thought Phillips' Silverman was the real deal at first, and probably would've for most of the episode if I hadn't taken a look at the guest list.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

SpacePig posted:

It's an alright episode, not every one has to be spectacular. However, I will say that I genuinely thought Phillips' Silverman was the real deal at first, and probably would've for most of the episode if I hadn't taken a look at the guest list.

I'd agree with the "solid but not great", although that's about as good as you're going to get from an episode headlined by Jeffrey Ross.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

However, I will say that I genuinely thought Phillips' Silverman was the real deal at first, and probably would've for most of the episode if I hadn't taken a look at the guest list.

Yeah, I tuned in to the live stream last Thursday and only made it about 30 seconds before I gave up due to the latency problems, but on first glance I was really confused. "That doesn't look like Sarah Silverman...but it kinda does?...and it SOUNDS like her...doing an impression of herself, what the hell?"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Deadpool posted:

Fake Sara Silverman is amazing.
I know, riiiiiiiiiiiight???

Deadpool posted:

I guess that Lil Gary, Riki Lindhome, and Mary Lynn Rajskub episode just isn't coming back. It's been too long now. They should have been able to fix whatever they wanted to fix. That had one of my favorite WYRs ever too. Dammit. :(
So bummed about this, the episode was removed for me the exact moment Scott was going to announce the winner of that WYR. :negative:

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Love it when Scott grills someone on their character. I feel like he only scratched the surface of Campbell's character though. I'm sure he had a few more of those letters there.

And he should get Amy Phillips on the show more. I know she's got a lot more great impressions. Like Cam Billmoth, she's from Detroit and was a regular on a few radio shows here before.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

So bummed about this, the episode was removed for me the exact moment Scott was going to announce the winner of that WYR. :negative:

Why don't you guys ask about it in the Earwolf thread since there's an Earwolf guy over there following that thread.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Letters to Mom was honestly one of the funniest things I've heard on the show if only for the payoff at the end. Also as a MI native, all the super forced generic Detroit references just made me smile. I'm really loving having the video feed too; I've always wondered what the vibe of the room was like, especially with all of the characters involved in CBB, and now I get to find out!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm really loving having the video feed too; I've always wondered what the vibe of the room was like, especially with all of the characters involved in CBB, and now I get to find out!
It is nice, but I dunno if it will outweigh the inconvenience of watching at home instead of listening on my commute. Cosby-Bukowski mugging nonstop and futzing with his headphones was gold, though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Letters to Mom was honestly one of the funniest things I've heard on the show if only for the payoff at the end. Also as a MI native, all the super forced generic Detroit references just made me smile. I'm really loving having the video feed too; I've always wondered what the vibe of the room was like, especially with all of the characters involved in CBB, and now I get to find out!

The Alan Trammell namedrop absolutely killed me for some reason.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
huh, well isn't this a nice surprise?

Extra CBB w/ Gillian Jacobs and Gary Marshall is up :woop:

E: holy poo poo this episode is great

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 6, 2013

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

plastered quack posted:

huh, well isn't this a nice suprise?

I thought it looked like Gillian so I was excited, but PFT as Garry makes me double excited

edit: Just finished it, really fantastic episode

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 6, 2013

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

plastered quack posted:

huh, well isn't this a nice suprise?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss. :getin:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Wonderful episode. Those two are fantastic together. They should keep coming back every six months or so and just have that backstory grow and grow.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

qbert posted:

Wonderful episode. Those two are fantastic together. They should keep coming back every six months or so and just have that backstory grow and grow.

I want her to marry Werner Herzog.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Great episode, Gillian Jacobs is so loving funny.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GraPar posted:

Great episode, Gillian Jacobs is so loving funny.

Seriously, she's about as good as Paul on just taking a thing and running with it. They're so good when they're on together.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Too bad it wasn't filmed, Gillian being so paranoid about looking good for the photos at the Earwolf blog that she wore sunglasses was hilarious.

"quick take a picture, she has chocolate in her teeth, hurry!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Zsinjeh posted:

Too bad it wasn't filmed, Gillian being so paranoid about looking good for the photos at the Earwolf blog that she wore sunglasses was hilarious.

"quick take a picture, she has chocolate in her teeth, hurry!"