Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jack Krauser posted:

Bryan being clueless about Community and Bronies was great. That wrestling bubble.
Neither of those shows have as many viewers as Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I had made a lot of assumptions about what Bruno's problems were with the current state of wrestling and most of them were criminally wrong. He actually sounds excited for WWE to cash in on him as hard as possible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

Bryan being clueless about Community and Bronies was great. That wrestling bubble.

He's in his late 30s, Bronies may be well known to teens and 20 somethings but they are obsessive fans of a show on a low rated cable station. Most people in their late 30s would probably think you said "brownies?"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HulkaMatt posted:

new 10-count
Holy poo poo I remember that loving rooster t-shirt. That was seriously the worst angle.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRayPer posted:

He's in his late 30s, Bronies may be well known to teens and 20 somethings but they are obsessive fans of a show on a low rated cable station. Most people in their late 30s would probably think you said "brownies?"
True. A better example would've been the time he and Dave got that question about whether Bret still has Mr. Burns' mansion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I forgot about that whole rant I had about the Miz on that podcast.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Memento1979 posted:

Holy poo poo I remember that loving rooster t-shirt. That was seriously the worst angle.

I know that the purpose of most wrestling angles/characters and whatever is to shill merchandise but that whole loving DX 2006 reunion was just two middle aged men coming out to sell more crap by making poo poo jokes. The only good thing I can remember from it was Jericho having all the glow sticks thrown at him in that one video. At one point there was like fifteen pages of DX merch on the wwe website it was absurd.

Also miz sucks.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The only part of that DX reunion I liked was HBK flipping out about trying to assemble the Elimination Chamber Playset for his kids.

Old man HBK is the best.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

triplexpac posted:

The only part of that DX reunion I liked was HBK flipping out about trying to assemble the Elimination Chamber Playset for his kids.

Old man HBK is the best.

I always felt like HHH came off as an over the hill guy trying to relive his glory days while HBK came off as an old man who is losing his mind.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"I just kicked STAN" was the best part of the new DX.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Hey, Ten Count guys, What is the worst match you have seen live? One of my first events was a Sunday Night Heat taping that had Test vs D'Lo Brown. The match was so bad that it had be taped again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OUR HEAVENLY CHAMP posted:

Hey, Ten Count guys, What is the worst match you have seen live? One of my first events was a Sunday Night Heat taping that had Test vs D'Lo Brown. The match was so bad that it had be taped again.

Jack Evans vs Deranged from ROH's Death Before Dishonor V Night 2. Had to be clipped to go on the DVD of the event.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Evil Eddie Watts vs Johnny Smith (yes, the one who worked AJPW)....They basically kept reversing each other's vertical suplex attempt to the point where I was unsure if sandbagging was happening or if it was just miscommunication. Either way, it was literally worse than a 15 minute cage match between Shane Douglas and Don Callis.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

OUR HEAVENLY CHAMP posted:

I'll put this on the list for the next 10 Count we do, which will be either this coming week or the week after that.

We're also going to be doing a post-Elimination Chamber podcast, AND we have a Hall of Fame podcast coming out as soon as HulkaMatt uploads it and posts the link.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

The Goog posted:

I'll put this on the list for the next 10 Count we do, which will be either this coming week or the week after that.

We're also going to be doing a post-Elimination Chamber podcast, AND we have a Hall of Fame podcast coming out as soon as HulkaMatt uploads it and posts the link.

:woop:

I loves me some random wrestlechats.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Listening to this week's Smart Wrestling Fan will probably not explain these gifts I got for Larry any more than just seeing them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MassRayPer posted:

Jack Evans vs Deranged from ROH's Death Before Dishonor V Night 2. Had to be clipped to go on the DVD of the event.

What made the match so bad?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

I haven't seen the match, but from everything I've heard, Maffew could basically dedicate an entire episode to it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Really long Hall of Fame cast. Everyone is here sans Skinty, Grody and the almighty creator Weekly Font.

Just realized I listed CC/NutBunnies as 2 people

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 12, 2013

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh hey I moved back to a place that has regular internet - my program is still super busy but maybe I can be on again :shobon:

But I ain't sharing the airwaves with that turd MRP.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

We'll explain on a show. Long story short, it was Deranged's test match to see if Gabe would bring him back, and the match ended with the crowd chanting DON'T COME BACK at him

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

Really long Hall of Fame cast. Everyone is here sans Skinty, Grody and the almighty creator Weekly Font.

2 hours of Hall of Fame talk that didn't get sucked into the Sting and Big Daddy vortex!
I had to listen at 2x.

Highlights: Mike Francesa in the Hall, MSG being inducted and angering Mets fans (WTF), Lex Luger inducting Elizabeth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

2 hours of Hall of Fame talk that didn't get sucked into the Sting and Big Daddy vortex!
I had to listen at 2x.

Highlights: Mike Francesa in the Hall, MSG being inducted and angering Mets fans (WTF), Lex Luger inducting Elizabeth.

I thought the Mets were owned by the same group that owns MSG for some reason.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Konnan's a font of advice.

:stare: Goddamn, I said this 10 minutes into the podcast and it's only gotten crazier.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Feb 12, 2013

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just read a 1995 Observer that gave 3 3/4 stars to a weapons/cage/stretcher match between Cactus Jack, Sabu, Mr. Hughes and (Wrestling Superstar) Virgil.

That has to be the most ridiculous match ever.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

dshban posted:

Listening to this week's Smart Wrestling Fan will probably not explain these gifts I got for Larry any more than just seeing them.

Always imagined Larry to be a bit chubbier, for whatever reason. Would wear the poo poo out of the first shirt, too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

the Mike Graham bit was amazing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I personally don't care, but I'm sad for Dave that wrestling was taken out of the Olympics. I enjoyed the discussion on what Olympic sports they thought should be taken out instead.

Squash?...Isn't that a vegetable?
It's popular worldwide.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dallas ratings notes are back!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Don't come crying to Dave about your inconvenient DVR schedule!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It did actually piss me off when my DVR only recorded one hour of Raw but Dave telling people to worry about more important stuff was great. Just checked again though, and Raw is back to being a three hour show on my DVR so who knows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Over under on the run time for tonight's Mike and Dave show: 90 minutes.

I am also a bit peeved we didn't get a Dave and Vinny show. It's been the one thing I have wanted to hear since the merger and this was the perfect week for it. Maybe Bryan vetoed it knowing it might make him completely obsolete.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah. I knew not to expect it, since I don't think Dave has the capability to run shows himself like that anymore, but I was still bummed it didn't happen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRayPer posted:

Over under on the run time for tonight's Mike and Dave show: 90 minutes.

I'd say push, but I'll have to take over just to be a sport.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dying over here with Granny's reasoning for removing wrestling from the Olympics. IT'S FAKE

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LordPants posted:

I'd say push, but I'll have to take over just to be a sport.

107 Min. I guess I win. :smugdog:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

LordPants posted:

107 Min. I guess I win. :smugdog:

Just loaded this up and was like "gently caress YES!". I love these long Dave and Mike shows.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PaybackJack posted:

Just loaded this up and was like "gently caress YES!". I love these long Dave and Mike shows.

My favorite part was when Mike said "We should wrap this up" and I looked at the progress bar and there were still like 50 minutes left on the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

My favorite part was when Mike said "We should wrap this up" and I looked at the progress bar and there were still like 50 minutes left on the show.

I feel like one of the shows they did over the summer went 3 hours and he first mentioned wrapping it up at hour one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
http://archive.org/details/SNCJ021613

For some reason, my podcast this week starts with about 15 minutes about Alien 3.

• Locked thread