Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Flipswitch posted:

Protectorate getting Jack Marshals? Oh boy the whining will be glorious:

"Such is the power of faith in an Exemplar bastion seneschal that his presence allows brother bastions to endure impossible punishment while firmly holding the line against the Creator's enemies. Exemplar bastion seneschals are uniquely entrusted with the command of the Protectorate's warjacks in support of their fellow Exemplar knights, joining the power of those machines to the bastions' unbreakable wall. The Exemplar Bastion Seneschal solo comes in a blister (PIP 32090). A player may field up to two Exemplar Bastion Seneschals for each warcaster in a Protectorate army."

Yeah, if this thing is a decent martial and buffs Bastions, Khador players are going to be pissed. It will be everything the Man-O-War Kovnik could be but isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I've been struggling with my list, trying to figure out which was more important, taking Sword Knights to make a bit of a tarwall, or using a Hunter marshalled by the ATGM officer. Then I realized: Why not take them both and drop Black 13th! That left me with this:

Captain Allister Caine (*5pts)
* Ol' Rowdy (9pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Hunter (6pts)
Horgenhold Forge Guard (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Sword Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)

I rather think it looks fun, Jr makes the sword knights 10 models at 13/19, [and later arm21 forgies]. The downside is that I lose Gorman and/or eEiryss, both of which are pretty useful. It's basically stripping out the support for more meat. Thoughts? (I know that sword knights aren't the preferred tarpit, but they're the ones I like the models best for)

I've been playing a lot of eCaine lately too. Why not drop the hunter to pick up some support pieces? Aiyanna and Holt / Gorman / Eiryss work so well with him. What are your plans for skew lists (like the xerxis one mentioned earlier)?

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Nightwatcher posted:

I've been playing a lot of eCaine lately too. Why not drop the hunter to pick up some support pieces? Aiyanna and Holt / Gorman / Eiryss work so well with him. What are your plans for skew lists (like the xerxis one mentioned earlier)?

Echoing this, Eyriss and A&H ensure that ecaine's feat can take out a colossal most of the time. Also Rangers work extremely well with him, can kill stuff and are only 5 points!

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

Nightwatcher posted:

The Xerxis list is a 50 pointer to that Caine lists 35, and in a smaller point scale, there's less beef in the list to protect Xerxis. Then again, Caine almost needs the feat to kill DW Xerxis. 15/20 with 19 boxes (17/22 if the Krea isn't dead) makes Caine sad as hell.

Basically, I agree that the Hunter needs to go :v: I'd probably max the Forge Guard and pick up Eiryss with the points.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

I forgot about Reclaimers. Still seems iffy with melee warjacks, but I guess there's a point to it with some ranged lights.
It's theory machining to the max, but with a Sanctifier or Reclaimer, any Warjack can hit up to 4 focus. If we're really pushing it, a fully fueled up Sanctifier under Iron Aggression charges for free, can spend 3 focus and the jack marshal bonus on buying bonk sticks, and then have a Vassal Ancil attack it.

6x PS19 and 1x PS16 attacks, all with attack rolls boosted without any strain on your Warcaster, it's pretty brutal. e: Or a Reckoner, give him the Souls as soon as he can get in, but he can give the Bastions some fire support to lower the targets DEF, taking their MAT7 to effective MAT9, making them quite brutal armour crackers.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Also IF the bastion senechal can share the blood bond with a nearby unit, that can help him stay alive and not get sniped out so the jack becomes worthless for a bit.

But they probably won't do that :negative:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Willeh posted:

Also IF the bastion senechal can share the blood bond with a nearby unit, that can help him stay alive and not get sniped out so the jack becomes worthless for a bit.

But they probably won't do that :negative:
He might do, the other Sennies do it.

That said, Jack Marshals + Reclaimers might just be ridiculous. Rock up a Templar with a Bastion Senny and a full unit and murder everything.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm thinking its going to be a modified blood bond where the Sen can transfer damage to the units, but not vice versa.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So Sacrificial Pawn (Bastions)?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nah, that would suck. Basically their current bond but just one way transfer.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I bet he isnt a marshall but has power boost. I hope, at least. Menoth doesnt need marshalls, but they have huge problems with disruption.

Oh wait, I play cygnar. Disregard the above and have a jack marshall! Hope its similar to the powerhouse that is the ILO.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Where did that blurb even come from, by the way?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Nightwatcher posted:

Plans? I'm supposed to have plans now? :v:

I do have rangers but I'd have trouble fitting them in as well, 5 points at 35 is a pretty tall order and I'd have to drop the ATGM, which I don't really want to do. If I drop the Hunter I can add in Gorman and Black 13th. This was my original plan for the list.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

S.J. posted:

Where did that blurb even come from, by the way?
Distributior info panel.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Distributior info panel.

Sweet.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Plans? I'm supposed to have plans now? :v:

I do have rangers but I'd have trouble fitting them in as well, 5 points at 35 is a pretty tall order and I'd have to drop the ATGM, which I don't really want to do. If I drop the Hunter I can add in Gorman and Black 13th. This was my original plan for the list.

For reference, this is my 35 point ecaine list. No rangers, just armor crackers because I play in a meta where people like to bring colossals regardless of the size of the game.

Captain Allister Caine +5 points
* Ol' Rowdy 9 points
* Squire 2 points

Journeyman Warcaster 3 points

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages 6 points
* Gun Mage Officer 2 points
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution 3 points
10 Greygore Boomhowler and Company 9 points
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt 4 points
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator 1 point
Stormsmith Stormcaller 1 point

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

A friend of mine is getting into WarmaHordes starting with Legion until Convergence of Cyriss comes out. What would be a good pThag list at 15/25/35? Would splitting the two-player battle box be a good way to start?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Played my eKrueger list against Galleon today. Went all right except that my opponent spiked the poo poo out of some damage rolls on Krueger leaving me at one, and then my primal'd assassination attempt on him left me dicing the poo poo out of myself and losing the game. Shoulda just went hard for the scenario win at that point rather than assassination, but Galleon is literally zero fun to play against and I wanted the game to be over :v:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Had an interesting game tonight. eGrissel trollblood champion spam vs my 50 pt Mohsar list I'm testing out. He killed Ghettorix with 2 champions who had the +2 to hit fell call and the mauler's animus on each of them. I had killed most of the champions a few rounds later, leaving 2 champion heros, Grissel, a mauler, a pyre troll, impaler, and stone. He tried to take out the stalker by knocking it down with Grissels ranged attack and then charging it with a mauler-animi powered champion hero, but that left it with 1 box left and nothing left to throw at it. This left Grissel out in the open, but only the stalker could reach her.

Commence the rube goldberg machine to get that to happen. Megalith charges something near grissel and puts up his animus to get the -2 def. Gorax puts primal on stalker. A bloodtracker runs from across the board(after moving stuff out of the way) to get within 2 inches of the champion hero engaging the stalker. Mohsar activates, sands of fates the bloodtracker so that he is engaging the champion, casts curse of shadows on him so he can not make free strikes. This lets the stalker finally charge Grissel, needing 5s to hit and dice +1 on the sword, dice -1 on the claw. Has 2 fury on him at this point(1 to stand, 1 to charge). Hits with the charge attack...doesn't do much damage, but my opponent transfers it away with the one fury on her. Hit with claw, do a good amount of damage. Buy a sword, hit, get a good damage roll and one failed tough roll later she is dead with one fury to spare.

I really thought that he had the game in the bag until he brought Grissel into the open to try and make sure the stalker died, only to fail to kill it by one box with the champion hero. The fact his army gave no fucks at all about my def 14 really sucked and is something I'm not used to. Ghetto could have survived if he hadn't missed 2 of his attacks at the top of turn 2, allowing 2 of the champions to charge him and kill him in 3 hits.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I played Mohsar against trolls tonight. It was kinda like the above post, except that his warlock was Borka. So yeah, no rube goldberg assassination run for me.

I was sad and got tabled. Really don't know how to deal with trolls as Circle. Entropic trees just aren't enough.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Corbeau posted:

Really don't know how to deal with trolls as Circle. Entropic trees just aren't enough.

Run like the spineless assholes you are :black101:

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Corbeau posted:

Really don't know how to deal with trolls as Circle. Entropic trees just aren't enough.

It sounds like you tried to take on Trolls in a stand-up fight. Don't do that.

I've found the best anti-Troll Circle 'Casters to be Baldur1, Kreuger2, and, yes, Mohsar. Trolls do tend to kill everything they touch in my Circle army, but if you can keep them from touching you then you'll have a good shot at winning, and Trolls are one of the most susceptible factions out there to Circle's brand of board control. Baldur1, Kreuger2, and Mohsar to great Board Control against slower melee-heavy forces, all their feats are tailor-made to screw with Troll bricks, and they all support the kind of skirmishing attackers (Bloodtrackers, Woldstalkers, Warpwolf Stalkers, etc) that can do damage and get out of danger. Plus, they're good Scenario 'Casters to boot, and if you don't think you can kill your opponent's army, then there's always that path to victory.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Two 25 point games via Who's the Boss. Got Gaspy3 vs Bethayne.

I was playing Menoth with a min unit of Errants+UA and Sen and he was Mercs with a Galleon.

It boiled down to my Errants getting slaughtered turn 3 and me not having the damage output to take out the Galleon with a Reckoner and the Avatar.

Next was eMagnus vs eMorghul. He was playing Cygnar with a Stormwall. I swapped out the Errant brick for a full unit if Zealots*UA and had a much better time of it.

Never having played eMagnus before I kept him too far back and missed some assassination opportunities. I had set Morghul on fire and missed on my shotgun blast to kill him. It came down to the fire roll but because I left the Jr Warcaster alive, the Arcane Shield that was on Morgul absorbed enough damage to leave him with two health.

He assassinated me after that.

Good games and I learned that for scenario Zealots are the way to go.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 13, 2013

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

susan posted:

It sounds like you tried to take on Trolls in a stand-up fight. Don't do that.

I've found the best anti-Troll Circle 'Casters to be Baldur1, Kreuger2, and, yes, Mohsar. Trolls do tend to kill everything they touch in my Circle army, but if you can keep them from touching you then you'll have a good shot at winning, and Trolls are one of the most susceptible factions out there to Circle's brand of board control. Baldur1, Kreuger2, and Mohsar to great Board Control against slower melee-heavy forces, all their feats are tailor-made to screw with Troll bricks, and they all support the kind of skirmishing attackers (Bloodtrackers, Woldstalkers, Warpwolf Stalkers, etc) that can do damage and get out of danger. Plus, they're good Scenario 'Casters to boot, and if you don't think you can kill your opponent's army, then there's always that path to victory.

Fell Caller, Earthborn, Bomber, combined with a brick that bumrushes whatever the scenario objective happens to be. Really don't see what sort of game Mohsar has against that. I could have made it a close game if not for a couple of substantial mistakes (I'm very rusty), but I've never had a good time with Mohsar against someone who brings a heavy gun or two. Mohsar's all about denying a counter-strike, and that gets a lot harder when some AoEs can clear the way for infantry even when they're halfway across the field.

eKreuger sounds way better, at least on paper. Get them off of the objectives and delay the rush.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 13, 2013

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Played a long-rear end grindy game of pThagrosh vs. High Reclaimer tonight.
Me: Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Afflictor (4pts)
* Afflictor (4pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
Succubus (2pts)
Blighted Nyss Legionnaires (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warmongers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Blighted Ogrun Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
Spawning Vessel (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Warmonger War Chief (3pts)

Him: The High Reclaimer (*6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Templar (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Exemplar Bastions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Exemplar Bastions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

Scenario was Outflank (two 12" circles in the middle of the board to control, no killbox). Went first, preyed the unit of bastions across from the warspears, threw away my Carnivean on the top of 2 trying to Assault Gorman, forgetting that he was immune to fire (and missing the bastion behind him with an awesome 1,1,2 on my boosted spray attack against it). Got a little jammed up by zealots, but the forest in the near middle of the board (my opponent did the terrain, so :v:) kept them from really messing with me outside of killing some legionnaires (which went in the pot - I spawned 4 shredders over the course of the game). The Afflictors did okay, but against the precise troop layout he had, they weren't making horrible mutant babies all over the place, instead serving to tie his stuff up so I could kill it with the rest of my crap. The Warspears were definitely the MVP of the game, killing a unit and a half of bastions (thanks, High Reclaimer feat), Eiryss, Gorman, Aiyana, and half the Templar. The game basically came down to his only chance of victory being taking an assassination run at Thagrosh (who had charged up into the zone to finish off the Templar) with his caster (with 6 or 7 souls), but killing Thagrosh is basically impossible when he's camping 5 and you're MAT 5 POW 14 before Death Shroud.

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

A friend of mine is getting into WarmaHordes starting with Legion until Convergence of Cyriss comes out. What would be a good pThag list at 15/25/35? Would splitting the two-player battle box be a good way to start?

Splitting the 2-player battle box is a great option these days, since the Warspear UA is bananas good and the Skinwalker UA makes the unit at least fieldable. As for expanding in a pThag-oriented way, it's hard to go wrong picking up and magnetizing a heavy beast kit (and ideally tracking down an extra set of scythean/ravagore bits so you can magnetize the battlebox one), picking up the Warspear UA, a succubus, a couple shepherds, the spawning vessel (try to make sure you get the newer blister with all 6 dudes in it), a full unit of legionnaires, and one blister each of harriers and stingers (so you can generate the most useful lesser at the time from the spawning vessel). Other good buys in general for Legion: Striders (plus UA), 2 Strider Deathstalkers so you can make people who bring a lot of support/single wound infantry hate you, an Angelius or two, and pretty much any of the casters except eThagrosh, Rhyas, and Kallus (eThagrosh is just hard to play and requires a whole weird army for himself, Rhyas is kind of bad and wants to field a million infantry dudes, Kallus wants to field a million infantry dudes and wants you to own incubi).

Corbeau posted:

Farrow Slaughterhousers. Take Down, Finisher, Fearless, Tough, and MAT 8 on the charge. Great with Mohsar and Cassius, solid in most other lists. Can't tank for poo poo (DEF 12 ARM 15), but you're playing a circle list, you can get the charge on dudes, and tough models stick around longer than they should, as playing against trolls will have shown you.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I have 100ish dollars burnin a hole in my paypal account.

Please make me a skorne shopping list for miniatures market. I want to go beast heavy so pMorghoul seems to be my guy

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

pMorg, Bronzeback, Gladiator, Min Paingivers is pretty close to 100 after taxes and shipping iirc.

Bam!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I have to say, I don't think I have ever beaten Thagrosh1. Some of that is because most of my play has been against JVM, but still...f that guy. Hes basically a trolls caster in a faction with ravagores, tenacity, spiny growth, and the pot. Blech.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I bet he isnt a marshall but has power boost. I hope, at least. Menoth doesnt need marshalls, but they have huge problems with disruption.

Oh wait, I play cygnar. Disregard the above and have a jack marshall! Hope its similar to the powerhouse that is the ILO.

I hope this is sarcasm, otherwise are you familiar with the old robot phrase "does not compute"?

dammit double post

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

First sentence was real chat, second sentence was me hoping Menoth gets lovely models because gently caress Menoth forever :D

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Hipster Occultist posted:

pMorg, Bronzeback, Gladiator, Min Paingivers is pretty close to 100 after taxes and shipping iirc.

Bam!

I assume thats paingiver beast handlers?

That leaves me with 15 bux and 12 points left for a 25 pt army.

What else you got for me?

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

stabbington posted:

Splitting the 2-player battle box is a great option these days, since the Warspear UA is bananas good and the Skinwalker UA makes the unit at least fieldable. As for expanding in a pThag-oriented way, it's hard to go wrong picking up and magnetizing a heavy beast kit (and ideally tracking down an extra set of scythean/ravagore bits so you can magnetize the battlebox one), picking up the Warspear UA, a succubus, a couple shepherds, the spawning vessel (try to make sure you get the newer blister with all 6 dudes in it), a full unit of legionnaires, and one blister each of harriers and stingers (so you can generate the most useful lesser at the time from the spawning vessel). Other good buys in general for Legion: Striders (plus UA), 2 Strider Deathstalkers so you can make people who bring a lot of support/single wound infantry hate you, an Angelius or two, and pretty much any of the casters except eThagrosh, Rhyas, and Kallus (eThagrosh is just hard to play and requires a whole weird army for himself, Rhyas is kind of bad and wants to field a million infantry dudes, Kallus wants to field a million infantry dudes and wants you to own incubi)..

Are incubi bad? And since he has pThag he wants to get Typhon, is that recommended? Lastly, are Raek or Teraph good lights? They look pretty sweet.

Sorry for so many questions, I have no experience with Legion.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

S.J. posted:

Galleon is literally zero fun to play against and I wanted the game to be over :v:

Can you elaborate on this? I would love to get Galleon to give my Mercs some serious hitting ability, he brings a lot to the table that we've been lacking. But I also don't want to be that guy always playing a dick list no one wants to see. So what's up with him that makes it no fun?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Ashcans posted:

Can you elaborate on this? I would love to get Galleon to give my Mercs some serious hitting ability, he brings a lot to the table that we've been lacking. But I also don't want to be that guy always playing a dick list no one wants to see. So what's up with him that makes it no fun?

He hits really hard, and due to the wording on his hook gun, he can spear you, drag you, and then buy melee attacks after using up all this other range. He also takes a huge amount of damage to take down and is generally just a pain in the rear end.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

PaintVagrant posted:

I have to say, I don't think I have ever beaten Thagrosh1. Some of that is because most of my play has been against JVM, but still...f that guy. Hes basically a trolls caster in a faction with ravagores, tenacity, spiny growth, and the pot. Blech.

I think he's one of if not the worst matchups for me. It's just so horrible playing against him when I'm Circle and his player isn't dumb. I've never beaten him either.

If eVayl didn't exist and I could rely on upkeeps it might be a different story, but I didn't really play before Domination so I can't really say that from personal experience.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 13, 2013

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

omnibobb posted:

I assume thats paingiver beast handlers?

That leaves me with 15 bux and 12 points left for a 25 pt army.

What else you got for me?

Hmm, grab an extra blister to go to full paingivers (beast handlers yeah) and grab a Void Spirit. Sitting an incorp model in a zone is a big pain for a lot of lists.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Are incubi bad? And since he has pThag he wants to get Typhon, is that recommended? Lastly, are Raek or Teraph good lights? They look pretty sweet.

Sorry for so many questions, I have no experience with Legion.

I have yet to try incubi just because they're a 5 point investment on top of infantry cost. Typhon is good, Raek has good mobility and a nice animus for getting out of melee. Teraph is.. moderately useful as a ranged beast, but I don't think it's all that useful for pThag. Maybe look into the Nephilim bolt thrower for a better ranged option and animus.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
The main issue with the Teraph is that it does everything better than average for legion, with the exception of dealing damage. It has spd6, def13, mat and rat 6 (huge for legion), combined with advance deploy, pathfinder, dig in, and a decent defensive statline (def13/arm16).

The problem is that it's ranged attack, while being a respectable pow13 AoE3, does not have enough range to compete with legion's other shooting options - and it's pow 12 reach melee attack similarly doesn't stack up against other options in faction. that said, it is a solid beast in most ways.

That said, thagrosh is one of the few casters we have who can make really good use of the animus, either to get a spray off and toast a few guys, or, my favorite thing, to smack the first guy to charge you and create an autodamaging cloud to both block LOS and incentivize not charging Big T.

Also incubi are great, but oftentimes it's hard to justify taking them unless you're already spending a lot of points on infantry. and with Legion, that's not hugely common.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Corbeau posted:

Fell Caller, Earthborn, Bomber, combined with a brick that bumrushes whatever the scenario objective happens to be. Really don't see what sort of game Mohsar has against that. I could have made it a close game if not for a couple of substantial mistakes (I'm very rusty), but I've never had a good time with Mohsar against someone who brings a heavy gun or two. Mohsar's all about denying a counter-strike, and that gets a lot harder when some AoEs can clear the way for infantry even when they're halfway across the field.

eKreuger sounds way better, at least on paper. Get them off of the objectives and delay the rush.

At 35pts? My first-blush list for Mohsar would be Stalker, Gorax, Megalith, full Bloodtrackers + Nuala. Your first priority is to take out the Bomber, and after that you've got Pillars of Salt to block up advance lanes and just kite your opponent down until you win by scenario. Champs (that the brick unit?) absolutely hate Pillars, since they can't charge them and don't have reach and with Medium Bases they're easier to plug up than most units. And once the Bomber's gone (especially with no Impaler), your opponent doesn't have a good way to clear the Pillars at range.

Pop your Feat early to mess with your opponent's activations, prey the Bomber and keep a wide footprint until it dies, clog their charge lanes with salt, clear their only ranged threat, win by scenario. Easier said than done, but very doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So at 25 points, how does Menoth deal with a Stormwall?

I hit that thing as hard as I could with a fully charged Avatar and a bonded Reckoner and he still had enough to wreck my poo poo.

Suggestions?

• Locked thread