Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Didn't the lost part get uploaded later? And if so could someone link it? I lost it after it was posted on the Twitter feed, seems to have not gone to the RSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Didn't the lost part get uploaded later? And if so could someone link it? I lost it after it was posted on the Twitter feed, seems to have not gone to the RSS.

There's nothing on iTunes, Soundcloud or at @hellobuglers, so I don't think it's popped up.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 8, 2013

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
From The Bugle's Facebook page:

quote:

Buglers: Great news! We've found the lost tapes from the last show! If the file doesn't automatically download click here: http://bit.ly/14E2c1A

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

venutolo posted:

This throws the entire Syrian conflict into a new light.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

venutolo posted:

Still gently caress You Chris

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Still gently caress You Chris

I don't think Chris reads the forums.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Heners_UK posted:

I don't think Chris reads the forums.

gently caress him anyway.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I wonder what @BennyBigHat16 has to say about this Pope business. Or @Sinnaz2Winnaz

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

myron cope posted:

I wonder what @BennyBigHat16 has to say about this Pope business. Or @Sinnaz2Winnaz

I'm really disappointed that nobody's signed up on Twitter with either of those, nor with @TheMightyMitre

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
The Bugle is by far and away one of my favourite podcasts at the moment, buoying me through keeping up-to-date on British politics with its incredibly cynical bonkers fast-talking semi-informational news. Although if you're reading this, you're probably well aware of it, making that description totally useless.

Still, I've been going back through the archives now after starting at around 218, now at around 183. gently caress You Chris and a rekindled love for puns are now engraved into my ears, which in many ways is both a blessing and a curse... but mostly a curse.

e: also hearing that the Pope has resigned has made me grin in anticipation, which is definitely worrying.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Allan Assiduity posted:

e: also hearing that the Pope has resigned has made me grin in anticipation, which is definitely worrying.

Haha, I'm also really excited for this. One of my first thoughts upon hearing the news was that I wish it had happened later in the week so that I wouldn't have to wait so long to hear Andy and John's reactions to it.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

The tension in John's voice when he thought Andy was going on a pun run was one of the best things I have heard in a while. I loving love pun runs; the anger and pain they cause John and Chris is the high point.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

notaspy posted:

The tension in John's voice when he thought Andy was going on a pun run was one of the best things I have heard in a while. I loving love pun runs; the anger and pain they cause John and Chris is the high point.

Yeah, that flash of panic in his voice absolutely slayed me.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, that flash of panic in his voice absolutely slayed me.

You can hear the tears well up as he shrieks. It's almost weekly too, it's beautiful.

I'm a fan of the punruns but I'm also a fan of John's singing. Does this make me a sadist?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

onoflalks posted:

You can hear the tears well up as he shrieks. It's almost weekly too, it's beautiful.

I'm a fan of the punruns but I'm also a fan of John's singing. Does this make me a sadist?

As long as you are not a fan of his movies.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

As long as you are not a fan of his movies.

I've never seen them and I never want to.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
The best was when he admitted he took the gig for the Smurfs movie because he thought it'd make a good story for the Bugle.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Scorchy posted:

The best was when he admitted he took the gig for the Smurfs movie because he thought it'd make a good story for the Bugle.

I loved his rationalisation of how Vanity is "Socially dislocated" and "not really aware of what's going on around him". Also every futile attempt to shame Andy over being a "terrible jew".

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice

thexerox123 posted:

Haha, I'm also really excited for this. One of my first thoughts upon hearing the news was that I wish it had happened later in the week so that I wouldn't have to wait so long to hear Andy and John's reactions to it.

But this way they have more time to refine their jokes!

Also, don't forget that we'll likely hear about North Korea being crazy, too! This should be an especially good show this week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Come on Silvio do something crazy! Make it a trifecta.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

They promised the lost Mali bit!

We still have a whole 3 days of horsemeat scandal to play out. I suspect a pun run is in the works.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

bobkatt013 posted:

Have they already covered this bit from Silvio?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Heners_UK posted:

They promised the lost Mali bit!

We still have a whole 3 days of horsemeat scandal to play out. I suspect a pun run is in the works.

No Mali or pun run.

I'd say I'm disappointed but I'd probably be lying.

I also listened to the Department and some old episodes from the TimesOnline era, and it's pretty amazing how many jokes from the Department are reused almost word for word in the Bugle and work just as well. Top job.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
There was a short papal pun-run

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think this episode might be one of my favorites.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

There was a short papal pun-run

It's not a pun run unless someone's audibly banging their head or fist on a table.

The Iron Sheik part was fantastic though.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 16, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you're not following Iron Sheik, why are you even on Twitter?

quote:

The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik
Harlem Shake or the Harlem Sheik? Tell me or go gently caress yourself #teamsheikie

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

onoflalks posted:

No Mali or pun run.

I'd say I'm disappointed but I'd probably be lying.

I also listened to the Department and some old episodes from the TimesOnline era, and it's pretty amazing how many jokes from the Department are reused almost word for word in the Bugle and work just as well. Top job.

Well we know the next time John and/or Andy go off on holiday/Smurfs X, we won't be getting another Producer Chris Podcast.

However, a protracted discussion on Mali when we have all forgotten about it... yep... that... I can't even remember what the fuss was to start with and it's only been a few weeks.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Belgium/waffle jokes will never not be funny.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really understand their fascination for the diamond heist. When I heard about it first I just thought "Good for them!".

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The Dark One posted:

Belgium/waffle jokes will never not be funny.

Correct.

Popelmon posted:

I really understand their fascination for the diamond heist. When I heard about it first I just thought "Good for them!".

This was my thought too. And I think the word "heist" in itself makes me giddy when I hear it.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Popelmon posted:

IF you can picture George Clooney doing it, it can't really be that bad, now can it? :colbert:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A heist is also implicitly a caper.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I want Sheik Talk to be an every week feature.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I want Sheik Talk to be an every week feature.

Just feature Sheik's Twitter as an outside correspondent whenever he has something to say on their topics of discussion from that week, and try and keep it as a regular feature.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

If you want up-to-date Sheikings, he's currently live-tweeting the Oscars

quote:

Hope #Oscars2013 have the cold beer otherwise go gently caress yourself

quote:

the Catherine Zeta Jones have sex tonight old country way %1000

quote:

The Kelly Osborne deserve me to suplex her put her in camel clutch break her back make her humble

quote:

gently caress the Jane Fonda

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 25, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just so you all know, Making someone humble to the Iron Sheik means loving them up the arse.

Although he has his reasons for his legit crazy and you don't want to know them. :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea though I love his random rambles and all, it does kinda suck knowing what's up with his mush-brain and how he's basically mentally broken at this point.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I am curious why he hates Glenn Beck now, other than Glenn Beck is loathesome.

The Iron Shiek posted:

who deserve to eat dog poo poo more than the @glennbeck #RejectedOscars

%10000 The @glennbeck have raisin balls and rice crispy dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He just kinda picks shitheads at random to spend the week rambling about. Last week it was Chris Brown.

• Locked thread