Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Wrestling promos are an art form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d07WOaYiNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

2012 Observer MOTY recipient and founder of Pancrase Minoru Suzuki vs Mecha Mummy. Unfortunately, I don't believe Tanahashi vs. Mokujin Ken ever occurred :(.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5y2iVqCfw

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Cena/Ryback/Sheamus vs. 3MB match made me think of this old 1994 WCW that always stuck with me. Hogan and Sting vs. the Bruise Brothers

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhR0GATBeQ

The build-up for WM17 was just unreal.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

The Cena/Ryback/Sheamus vs. 3MB match made me think of this old 1994 WCW that always stuck with me. Hogan and Sting vs. the Bruise Brothers

Other than his debut, I think this was Hogan's only appearance at the Florida tapings.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNim7G_eujs
New Gentleman's Club

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Nicely meta that bit at the beginning, with Gargano and Chuck all friendly and everything until Gargano changes shirts.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Including Patrick Duffy's Twitter at the end was a nice touch.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Delirious is amazing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Honestly, if there's a list of indy stalwarts who deserve a shot in the bigs, Delirious has gotta be near the top.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Tammy Sytch: Being Honest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZHQhNsmhc

"How is it you can pay for Scott Hall to goto 12 rehabs?" "Well you're not Scott Hall."

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 13, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If that's true, gently caress the WWE.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
i have a lot of trouble believing Sunny.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

i have a lot of trouble believing Sunny.

As anyone should but she's sounding a lot like she's out of lies now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

As anyone should but she's sounding a lot like she's out of lies now.

Ya but that whole mental hospital and your not Scott Hall just sound like her trying to put the blame on someone else. I could be better but the WWE screwed me over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Honestly, if there's a list of indy stalwarts who deserve a shot in the bigs, Delirious has gotta be near the top.
I believe you mean Chuck Taylor, even if he was one of those Ryback jobbers it would have been great. :colbert:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

In that same video she proudly states doing shoot interviews where she completely lies the whole time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love Chuck but I can't see them doing anything with him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

Ya but that whole mental hospital and your not Scott Hall just sound like her trying to put the blame on someone else. I could be better but the WWE screwed me over.

Didn't sound like she was blaming anyone when talking about Candido or her stalking. I also find it funny that anyone who dares question or criticize the WWE Rehabs gets immediately crossed off as unbelievable, even when talking about something we know (that Scott Hall gets continuous free Rehab).

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Didn't sound like she was blaming anyone when talking about Candido or her stalking. I also find it funny that anyone who dares question or criticize the WWE Rehabs gets immediately crossed off as believable, even when talking about something we know (that Scott Hall gets continuous free Rehab).

HulkaMatt posted:

In that same video she proudly states doing shoot interviews where she completely lies the whole time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can see why Lone Rogue would have sympathy for and want to believe someone who says things that are always wrong.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Didn't sound like she was blaming anyone when talking about Candido or her stalking. I also find it funny that anyone who dares question or criticize the WWE Rehabs gets immediately crossed off as unbelievable, even when talking about something we know (that Scott Hall gets continuous free Rehab).
I'm less sympathetic given that I have no idea why WWE help anyone out with free rehab, so it should be discretionary and without criticism as to how that discretion is exercised. She should get her own loving poo poo together rather than get a company that employed her 10 years ago to bail her out for free. Jeez.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chemi posted:

I'm less sympathetic given that I have no idea why WWE help anyone out with free rehab, so it should be discretionary and without criticism as to how that discretion is exercised. She should get her own loving poo poo together rather than get a company that employed her 10 years ago to bail her out for free. Jeez.

I also do not think that Scott Hall got arrerested 3-4 times in the span of a few weeks.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

I also do not think that Scott Hall got arrerested 3-4 times in the span of a few weeks.
Weeks? She got arrested 3 days in a row at one point!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Chemi posted:

I'm less sympathetic given that I have no idea why WWE help anyone out with free rehab...

Because they are the public face of professional wrestling, and it makes them look bad when professional wrestlers (even ones who worked for them ten or more years ago) turn up dead because of drugs, alcohol or other problems that are beyond epidemic levels in the wrestling industry. If you can't see the value in the humanitarian angle, then look at it the way WWE does: Keeping people like Sunny and Scott Hall alive stops them from getting bad press, might get them some good press, and potentially creates two more people to help make them money somewhere down the line.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Goog posted:

Because they are the public face of professional wrestling, and it makes them look bad when professional wrestlers (even ones who worked for them ten or more years ago) turn up dead because of drugs, alcohol or other problems that are beyond epidemic levels in the wrestling industry. If you can't see the value in the humanitarian angle, then look at it the way WWE does: Keeping people like Sunny and Scott Hall alive stops them from getting bad press, might get them some good press, and potentially creates two more people to help make them money somewhere down the line.

They also do things like make jobs for people like Lex Luger.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Now it is Luger who must take jobs. Ironic.

Also, I don't think Sunny lied in that shoot video about the rehab. I mean, she is not, in fact, Scott Hall.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

She was looking well a few years back around the time she made a few WWE apperances. So I don't think the rehab story was fabricated but clearly something in the last year as thrown her off the wagon again.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bringing up Scott Hall has actually made me wonder if she has PTSD from Candido passing away (especially the way he did, so senseless) and if it has just gone undiagnosed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bringing up Scott Hall has actually made me wonder if she has PTSD from Candido passing away (especially the way he did, so senseless) and if it has just gone undiagnosed.

yes its is. I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with it actually. It's why she is so clingy about this relationship that keeps getting her arrested.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

yes its is. I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with it actually. It's why she is so clingy about this relationship that keeps getting her arrested.

Paging DDP, another former star needs your help.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

KungFu Grip posted:

I've seen one or two old OVW matches, and the fact that the ring is right up against a wall just bugs the poo poo out of me. Also Excalibur and I assume Dino Winwood just tearing the poo poo out of that handicap match, and mostly Teddy Hart & Crew, had me dying.

Hardkore Kidd vs. Lit & Deranged The Oven Mitts is one of my favorite matches ever due to how bad it is and the commentary completely tearing it apart.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

I love that DDP is now the Mother Teresa of wrestling. Then again he probably wouldn't mind doing it, he's always so loving happy. And that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. :unsmith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like they aren't paying for her rehab anymore:

WWE posted:

The WWE's statement in respoinse was: "As part of the Former Talent Rehabilitation Program, WWE has sent Ms. Sytch to rehabilitation numerous times, with all costs covered by WWE. Unfortunately, Ms. Sytch has continued to make poor personal choices and is ultimately responsible for the consequences of these decisions. WWE has always provided rehabilitation at a certified treatment center, however, given Ms. Sytch's inability to change her lifestyle and successfully complete treatment, WWE wil no longer fund her rehabilitation."

It sounds like there is more to this story than "You aren't Scott Hall" but that WWE isn't saying. "is ultimately responsible for the consequences of these decisions" is not something you would normally say in a press release like this.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm just still amazed how she got arrested 3 separate times in 3 back to back days. I mean...my hat's off to ya. I'm impressed.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd56ZQThW7I

All of William Regal's segments from the 50 Greatest Finishers DVD, so you don't have to watch the rest

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

After watching this, I can only conclude that Tedward Hart is the one behind the IndyWrestler Twitter.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BlueArmyMan posted:

After watching this, I can only conclude that Tedward Hart is the one behind the IndyWrestler Twitter.

Tedward Hart is everything wrong with indie wrestling condensed into one man.

Although he did give us Punk's "There is no god, and the cage wasn't 30 feet" rant.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

apsouthern posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd56ZQThW7I

All of William Regal's segments from the 50 Greatest Finishers DVD, so you don't have to watch the rest

I'm beginning to think the main reason he still has a job is because he's got such an incredible understanding of psychology. He's the British Jake Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTy7BNuQOg4

So DDP is now going to help Scott Hall...I'm speechless.

• Locked thread