Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Someone should do a comic strip about that time they found horsemeat in those beefburgers. That'd probably be pretty popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

baka kaba posted:

Yeah what the hell, is that some sort of kingfisher?

A hoopoe?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Bloody migrants.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

That thing is rad :3:

Seriously though, look at that bird in the cartoon. Proud. Stoic. In the scene yet utterly apart from it. Why is it there? It's like a message. From the future. What secrets to life's questions does the Daily Express hold?

Or maybe the bird is Diana

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't look like it has a Halo, can't be Diana.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ok there's a bird in every loving cartoon. Drawn by someone with more talent:

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/cartoon/view/2013-01-30

I guess it's some kind of 'find the bird' game? It's not like they're buried in a scene rich with nuanced detail or anything. Maybe the cartoonist hates birds and someone at the paper keeps adding them in, so he furiously scans the picture looking for THE loving BIRD I KNOW IT'S HERE

e: holy poo poo this guy is awful

He makes Mac's stuff look like works of sparkling wit and insight. I'm sure those birds are some kind of protest - just look at the expression on that one. I'm seriously intrigued now

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 16, 2013

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

This was inevitable (with apologies to MS Paint):

:swoon: This is great!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

baka kaba posted:

Ok there's a bird in every loving cartoon. Drawn by someone with more talent

This is mental. Why did nobody tell me this before. Sometimes he fudges it by giving Cameron a Swift tattoo, or Hague a Robin mug. He's dedicated too, he even hid a bird here.
fake e: could someone find the bird here, tia

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 16, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Side of the tree under the speech bubble?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Fluo posted:

Daily Mail:

Holy wow, a Mac cartoon that isn't full of shitball racism and is actually somewhat amusing!

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
Martin Rowson from: Spare the fox, hunt the slobs who treat our pavements like a rubbish dump - Tony Parsons
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tony-parsons-urban-foxes-hunt-1712196

Article is a bit crap though.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

A Sloth posted:

Martin Rowson from: Spare the fox, hunt the slobs who treat our pavements like a rubbish dump - Tony Parsons

He's married to Julie Burchill. :shepface:

Reminder Julie Burchill called Jimi Hendrix "hippies’ Uncle Tom". :suicide:

The latest article article about her is in The Spectator.
http://www.spectator.co.uk/life/status-anxiety/8844141/the-indiscreet-charm-of-julie-burchill/

This comment sums it up.

quote:

Good old Jules, the woman who once called Hendrix the “hippies’ Uncle Tom”, embraced Take That as a thirty-something and finally got into The Smiths after they split up. No wonder Yiddisher folk tunes are now her forté.

A lot of the other comments are brown nosing her and saying how wonderful she is for 'enraging the PC Left'. Seriously Julie Burchill's dad would be rolling his grave.

Guardian:

Ed Miliband and the 10p tax rate.
Phil Disley took over today, I think I need to get around to adding him to the OP.

It's Saturday! Stephen Collins!

Telegraph:

Imdy:

Parody of

Artist: Titian
Title: Pope Paul III and his Nephews

Phil Disley

Phil Disley has been a cartoonist and illustrator for 20 years. He regularly works for the Independent, GQ, the Tablet, Financial Times, Building Magazine, Decanter and the Guardian. He is a cricket lover and LFC supporter

Will add the cartoons to the OP with that.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 16, 2013

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Fluo posted:

He's married to Julie Burchill. :shepface:

Was. The marriage broke up in 1984.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

A Sloth posted:

Reminds me of the local private school's "Chav hunt" spoof video a few years ago. There was a shitstorm over that but not as big as there should've been.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6944534.stm

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010

They must have been the most insufferable couple.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Forums Terrorist posted:

Was. The marriage broke up in 1984.

1984? :tinfoil:

In 1992, Parsons married his Japanese wife, Yuriko.

I wonder if he has a Something Awful account.

edit: heads up I edited my last post with todays cartoons, at time of editing it would have seemed to be a double post.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 16, 2013

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

Fluo posted:

Imdy:

Parody of

Artist: Titian
Title: Pope Paul III and his Nephews

Is this still a valid criticism of the church? I mean the pope did apologise about it years ago. Sure it went (is going?) on but a public apology by the big man himself isn't really brushing it under the carpet.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Clapham Omnibus posted:

Is this still a valid criticism of the church? I mean the pope did apologise about it years ago. Sure it went (is going?) on but a public apology by the big man himself isn't really brushing it under the carpet.

Pope Benedict XVI will generally be remembered as the Pope who had to deal with all the paedophile scandals. A clean slate etc. Maybe for future stuff he will be the scapegoat. I don't know.

Guardian:

Chris Riddell on the horsemeat scandal engulfing the British food industry

Indy:

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010

From another Parsons article in The Mirror:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Fluo posted:

It's Saturday! Stephen Collins!

Stephen Collins' is fast becoming the highlight of the Saturday Guardian.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

vodkat posted:

Stephen Collins' is fast becoming the highlight of the Saturday Guardian.

Yeah, Stephen Collins is great, not always super political but always brings a smile, his latest stuff gets better and better I'm finding too! :3:

Guardian:

Home secretary Theresa May has accused judges of making Britain more dangerous by ignoring rules aimed at deporting foreign criminals.

Finally found a photo of him.

Got 2 cartoonists I'm going to have to add to the OP now.

Telegraph:

Nick Clegg: UK economy needs 'rebalancing'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21495688

Indy:

Home Secretary Theresa May has accused judges of making the UK more dangerous by ignoring rules aimed at deporting more foreign criminals*
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21489072

*same story for the Guardian cartoon.

Daily :suicide: Express:

The work and pensions secretary has criticised people "who think they're too good" to stack supermarket shelves on back-to-work government schemes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21490542

Iain & Duncan Smith need to seriously gently caress off :bang:, I wonder if we ask him to stack shelves in supermarkets for free he'd be up for it. Or is he too good for it?

Atleast a lot of the comments on BBC are calling Iain & Duncan Smith out on his bullshit. Top rated comment says;

quote:

IDS seems to have missed the point entirely. Neither of these people claimed they were "too good to stack shelves". They objected to being forced to supply free labour for a company who could easily afford to pay staff to do the same job. In addition to this, the work placement offered no benefit to them finding long-term work. All IDS wants is to help Corporations instead of UK citizens.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 18, 2013

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

Fluo posted:

Finally found a photo of him.

Got 2 cartoonists I'm going to have to add to the OP now.

Oh gently caress you, because of that I actually checked the OP and found out that Mac has an MBE. :negative: If that doesn't prove the utter bankruptcy of the current system I don't know what will.

Interesting to see even the Express doesn't seem to be defending IDS, even if the joke is ':lol: our lot have hosed things up so bad you might as well throw away your degree and acccept a life of menial labour!'

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges has proposed a soft drinks tax or a ban on advertising junk food before 9pm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/feb/18/doctors-soft-drinks-tax-obesity

Telegraph:

Torygraph doing tons of article about how great Cameron is at buttering up India.

PM’s India visit is chance to show a bold new Britain.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9875327/Voice-of-Business-PMs-India-visit-is-chance-to-show-a-bold-new-Britain.html

David Cameron has arrived in India with a bold claim that he is able to tackle the country’s hottest curries.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9875840/David-Camerons-Indian-boast-I-like-hot-curry.html

David Cameron will arrive in India today, promising to make it easier for Indian business leaders to get British visas.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9875835/Immigration-David-Cameron-promises-easier-visa-system-for-Indians.html

And a lot of other Cameron stuff.

Indy:

Indy had same articles as Telegraph, subject wise.

Heres another;

Cameron at the crease: plenty of style – but lacking substance.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cameron-at-the-crease-plenty-of-style--butlacking-substance-8500374.html

Daily Mail:

quote:

Doctors and nurses and NHS managers have had gagging orders imposed on them to stop them revealing abuse and lack of care in the NHS.

quote:

“Blow no whistles, see no whistles, hear no whistles.”

Daily Express:

:downsrim: :smugissar:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 19, 2013

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Fluo posted:

Daily Express:

:downsrim: :smugissar:

That loving bird.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

Torygraph doing tons of article about how great Cameron is at buttering up India.

And Richard Briers, star of The Good Life, just died. gently caress you, Adams, Cuntoonist of the Year.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
The Secret Lives of Political Cartoonists.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ahahaha. :wtc:

Guardian:

The prime minister is attempting to recast Anglo-Indian relations as a 'special partnership'.

Telegraph:

Indy:

Daily Mail:

quote:

The Booker prize winner, Hilary Mantel has severely criticised Kate Middleton.

quote:

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all ?........OH B*****!”

No Daily Express it seems today, most likely making a super big one for ~*Princess Middleton*~!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Re: The Daily Mail - just, goddamnit. So much fail on that story.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

Fluo posted:

Daily Mail:

It's fascinating how perfectly the media's proving Mantel's point in their hysteria over this. Even with the normally low standards of our press this is an astonishing lack of self-awareness.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
The Mantel story is the best PR coup for Cameron in a while. All he had to do was say nice things about Kate Middleton and the Daily Mail's hysterical readers (who he might have lost a bit over Europe and gay marriage) are pacified, without any negative press at all. Perfect!

In a just world he'd be called out for taking time out of a supposedly massively important trip in India to comment on a storm in a teacup and misunderstand it completely, while pandering to the press in the post-Leveson world. It is nice to see the other cartoons focusing on him screwing up in other ways though.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

The Supreme Court posted:

In a just world he'd be called out for taking time out of a supposedly massively important trip in India to comment on a storm in a teacup and misunderstand it completely, while pandering to the press in the post-Leveson world. It is nice to see the other cartoons focusing on him screwing up in other ways though.

He also took time out to comment on Johnny Marr saying he wasn't allowed to like the Smiths, so all in a day's work for PR Dave.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Smiths lol, I think Johnny Marr would have killed himself from depression if he was in The Smiths. :unsmigghh:

Guardian:

David Cameron, the first British prime minister to visit the scene of the 1919 shootings, says it would be wrong to 'reach back' into history

In Peter Duggan's regular send-up of the art world, Marcel Duchamp's majestic modernist muse descends the staircase into a prosaic world of paper bills and peeping posties

Telegraph:

Indy:

Daily Mail:

quote:

A woman on benefits who has 11 children is having a 6 bedroomed house specially built for her by the council. It has been revealed she also owns a horse.

quote:

“I’m sorry. The lady of the house will make no further comment on her 11 children, the new 6 bedroomed abode being built or her horse.”

:fuckoff: Daily Mail. :fuckoff:

Daily Express:

:ughh::ughh::ughh::ughh:

Ughhhhhhh todays cartoons by Daily Mail and Express are killing me. :psyboom:

Sidenote: see if you can spot the bird in both of these, the second one is a smaller bird!

Fluo fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 21, 2013

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
The line they're taking on this is sociopathic even by Mail/Express standards. Those kids apparently don't deserve proper housing so I guess they should all either live in one room and be grateful for it or the mother should do the decent thing and kill them all so they won't be a burden on the state.

Strif-ah Ker-not
Oct 8, 2011

Fluo posted:

Daily Express:

:ughh::ughh::ughh::ughh:

Ughhhhhhh todays cartoons by Daily Mail and Express are killing me. :psyboom:

Sidenote: see if you can spot the bird in both of these, the second one is a smaller bird!

First bird is a cross between a falcon and a penguin? Second is the long-beak crow. I don't know why he adds birds to his cartoons but I love it.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Strif-ah Ker-not posted:

Second is the long-beak crow. I don't know why he adds birds to his cartoons but I love it.

I think that's supposed to be the Lib Dem's dove emblem. Is he suggesting Charles is a Lib Dem supporter?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Betjeman posted:

I think that's supposed to be the Lib Dem's dove emblem. Is he suggesting Charles is a Lib Dem supporter?

Well he is a blithering idiot...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Crameltonian posted:

The line they're taking on this is sociopathic even by Mail/Express standards. Those kids apparently don't deserve proper housing so I guess they should all either live in one room and be grateful for it or the mother should do the decent thing and kill them all so they won't be a burden on the state.

Uhhh didn't you hear she has a horse? She could just sell the horse and buy a bigger house with the proceeds

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Strif-ah Ker-not posted:

First bird is a cross between a falcon and a penguin? Second is the long-beak crow. I don't know why he adds birds to his cartoons but I love it.

Yep, it's stupid how much I enjoy these cartoons now. Good spot on Charlie's tie. I'd say the first's a poorly-drawn Peregrine, and the second's a Red-billed Chough, at a guess.

e: so as not to be misleading, the amount I now enjoy the Express cartoons is "some"

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

Uhhh didn't you hear she has a horse? She could just sell the horse and buy a bigger house with the proceeds

Most hard-working families can only dream of horse-sale money, it's a disgrace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I dunno how it is in Britain but unless you have a race horse or work horse your horse is worth jack poo poo over here. I saw one being given away on Craigslist the other day. Others are just left lose to run wild (in actuality to be rounded up by animal control and then auctioned off to the dog food company for a hundred bucks a pop.)

• Locked thread