Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Wildeyes posted:

It's not nothing. Urinary blockage, as expected, and it's looking very, very bad. They're going to treat him and send him home, and there's about a 50% chance of the blockage reoccuring. I'm not at all optimistic here, but I'm going to do everything I possibly can to help.

Hey, that's not so bad! At least now you're aware of it and know what signs to watch out for. My cat had a urinary issue a few years ago, and after treatment and being putting on Rx urinary formula food, he hasn't had another blockage since, so you never know. I have even been able to (at my vet's recommendation) wean him back onto regular (ableit not high quality) food with no further problems. It's a bummer that it happened, but I'm glad to hear it was that rather than something terminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Serella posted:

Hey, that's not so bad! At least now you're aware of it and know what signs to watch out for. My cat had a urinary issue a few years ago, and after treatment and being putting on Rx urinary formula food, he hasn't had another blockage since, so you never know. I have even been able to (at my vet's recommendation) wean him back onto regular (ableit not high quality) food with no further problems. It's a bummer that it happened, but I'm glad to hear it was that rather than something terminal.

Urethral blockage can pretty easily turn into something terminal through bladder rupture, doing irreversible damage to the kidneys or ureters due to backflow/high pressure/stasis of toxins, or damage to other organs due to buildup of toxins that can't be excreted. So while it's understandable to focus on the positive in this case (the cat is getting treatment and hopefully hasn't suffered any irreversible damage!), I'd caution against making light of the problem, just for future reference and people reading the thread who may experience something similar. It is an emergency, period.

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 16, 2013

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Haha hey, I got another custom title from someone who anonymously hates me! I'm actually somewhat inclined to take him at his word. I think what I find most amusing is what a tragically mismatched pair my cat and I are - her being a spayed female felid weighing 10 pounds, me being a homosexual male mammal weighing 150 pounds... It's just not meant to be :(

Unfortunately, I don't find this one nearly amusing as the previous title someone bought to shame me - the one I've had for years about requesting people to please PM me pics of their cocks. I might have to actually pony up the $5 and come up with something original :sigh:

And in other news, Jackie was once again a really really wonderful cat yesterday. I had another really rough day of horrible nausea and vomiting (don't worry I was at the clinic this morning it was a really awful and painful day) and I think Jackie has finally figured out that when I'm sick, I really can't cope with having her around. I just shoved her off the couch once and she got the picture, went to the other end of the apartment, and didn't bother me for hours. Later in the day I still felt sick but she was getting lonely, so she cautiously made a nest out of some of my clothes in the corner of the living room (where she never sleeps usually) and just hung out there sleeping and/or watching me, continuing to let me be, thank god. And when I finally felt better, I simply told her it was OK, and she *immediately* hopped up onto the couch and into my lap for the first time since I kicked her off 8 hours prior. I was extremely impressed at what a considerate little kitty she was, needless to say.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Idk who bought your title but as a lurker in this thread I have to say you are really bad at taking hints and need to shut up about your stupid cat. This is a cat FAQ not a cat lady tea party.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I dunno where you think you are gar but this is clearly Random Nonsense: Cat edition.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
There are a lot of cat threads to post in that don't have FAQ in the title though. I absolutely get the temptation to want to talk about how great your cat is because I catch myself doing it too especially since the pets are fairly new, and it's not like it's out of place in this thread to cat chat, but everyone has a special relationship with their cats. Maybe if you really need to gush that much, perhaps find some thread where people aren't mostly looking for information and advice? :shobon:

Jengo
Dec 16, 2006
Whats
To get back on the topic of information and advice, I'm going to re-post this from earlier...

Jengo posted:

TL;DR my roommate’s cat is scared of and continues to attack me after four months of living together and multiple attempts to acclimate it. Need more advice before I snap.

This was about a week ago (didn't want to repost everything so check the original if you want more info) and I didn't hear from anyone so I'm taking another shot - can anyone please give me some help? I'm now 4.5 months into this living arrangement and still every day the cat will hiss, swipe, or try to bite me if I walk past it while it's on a couch, under a table, or in the hallway. Furthermore, yesterday my roommate has asked me to stop giving the cat Greenies because it has been throwing up (this is also why I can't give it catnip), and for the record, I really don't think I was overdosing on either of these treats... I'm running out of options, and furthermore, my patience, with trying to have a comfortable living arrangement with this cat.

Here is the basic information, if it helps any:
-Female
-About 7 years old
-15 pounds
-Spayed
-Declawed

We have been using the Feliway for 2 months now, and a soothing collar for three weeks. Any suggestions on what to do next would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
How big is she? 15lbs seems really heavy for an average-sized cat. Does she get a lot of active play? Laser dots or fish on a string or whatever? Any interesting toys she likes, things for her to climb on/in/under? Cats gotta burn energy, and what energy they don't burn, they'll stress with (I think dogs are this way too). You said she didn't like the toy when you were the one holding it, but if it was something like a laser pointer where you're more removed from it, maybe work out her energy for a while, see if that eventually helps. Some cats get stuck in their ways and take a long time to adjust. Maybe the less time she has to be an rear end in a top hat and the more time she's focused on being active engaged, the better it'll get?

Jengo
Dec 16, 2006
Whats
She definitely is a larger cat, but since I can't approximate the 15 pound number came from my roommate. And no, this cat definitely doesn't get much play... the roommate has said that the cat didn't seem to like any toys so she just didn't try anything for her, and the only real toy she has is the one I bought, the Da Bird. No cat tree, which I've also heard is a big no-no, and then my roommate also has a very active lifestyle so she is often out of the house and it's just me and the cat alone. I was thinking about getting a laser pointer but if the cat has a potential of not playing with it (all she does with Da Bird is grab it when I swing it nearby, never chases it), then I don't want to waste my money.

I have to run for now, but I can come back to answer more questions later tonight.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Laser pointers are dirt cheap. I got mine for under $5. I'd say more food is not what this cat wants. Cats want poo poo to climb, they want stuff to do. Hell, I sort of made my cats a...well not really a cat tree as much as a ramshackle cat fort, out of a stool I never use but she liked chilling under. I took some fabric and made a lil hammock, hung some dangly toys from the bars, put a box under it to chill out in. They love it as much as the real cat tree I saved up and bought them later.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's just frustrated and anxious because she's being fed food and then has nowhere to put that energy. I get that it's not your cat, but somebody needs to give that poor thing something to do. Even just a $5/10 cat cube and a perch to watch birds out the window. A few laser sessions a day. One of those little robot mice/hamsters that roll around in plastic balls so they don't get caught under furniture.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Apologies if this has been asked before- I've dug through Google and I swear I've read through the whole OP but still haven't found a wholly fitting answer to my question:

I moved into a new apartment about three weeks ago and I've been thinking about getting a cat in the future (probably not for another few months). The apartment consists of the entire lower story of a two-family house, with my landlord and his wife living in the apartment above. They have their own cat- a wonderfully chill and friendly old (don't know how old, but old) girl. As far as I'm aware, she's been the only cat in the building her whole life.

Am I correct in worrying about potential behavior issues that might crop up if I bring in a new cat? I wouldn't want my- or my neighbors'- cat freaking out and acting up because he/she can smell another feline through the walls (that he/she will probably never actually meet). And if this is a legitimate concern, is there anything that I could do or anything that I should keep in mind?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before- I've dug through Google and I swear I've read through the whole OP but still haven't found a wholly fitting answer to my question:

I moved into a new apartment about three weeks ago and I've been thinking about getting a cat in the future (probably not for another few months). The apartment consists of the entire lower story of a two-family house, with my landlord and his wife living in the apartment above. They have their own cat- a wonderfully chill and friendly old (don't know how old, but old) girl. As far as I'm aware, she's been the only cat in the building her whole life.

Am I correct in worrying about potential behavior issues that might crop up if I bring in a new cat? I wouldn't want my- or my neighbors'- cat freaking out and acting up because he/she can smell another feline through the walls (that he/she will probably never actually meet). And if this is a legitimate concern, is there anything that I could do or anything that I should keep in mind?

Wait, would the cats be in the same space or no?

If no, then absolutely not a problem get a cat get two post pictures.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Wait, would the cats be in the same space or no?

If no, then absolutely not a problem get a cat get two post pictures.
Outdoor cats in dense population areas have tiny territories anyway. The problem isn't having another cat next to their space, problems arise when other cats enter their space.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

If they're not sharing the same space, there won't be an issue. I've now had two apartment situations like this, and my cats are totally chill. We share an entry way with our downstairs neighbors currently, and my cats seem to be aware there's another cat in the building (they like to try and sneak past me when I'm bringing in groceries and go sniff the other door), but we've never had any behavioral issues. I actually didn't even know the neighbors had a cat until we had lived here almost seven months, if that's any indication for you.

Also, what Eggplant Wizard said: get two and post pictures.

Arkham Angel
Jan 31, 2012
Cat info: Male cat, ~1.5 years, neutered, has food allergies, lives with female cat of about the same age who is spayed and does not have food allergies

Boy kitty has been a bit sick lately (snuffling in his sleep and being more sleepy and cuddly than usual). One of my cats also managed to open the door to the room where we feed girl kitty while I was cooking dinner last week, and he most likely ate a ton of food he was allergic to (and had gross poops all next day). My husband was petting him yesterday and noticed some dandruff. I looked myself, and there's a decent amount of flakiness in his back fur. The fur on his chin also looks a bit patchy (acne?). Is this a cause for concern? Could it be allergy related?

He's been eating normally, drinking water and chasing girl kitty all around the apartment so he's not dying or anything, I just wanted to know if we should watch and wait or take him in for a checkup.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Arkham Angel posted:

Cat info: Male cat, ~1.5 years, neutered, has food allergies, lives with female cat of about the same age who is spayed and does not have food allergies

Boy kitty has been a bit sick lately (snuffling in his sleep and being more sleepy and cuddly than usual). One of my cats also managed to open the door to the room where we feed girl kitty while I was cooking dinner last week, and he most likely ate a ton of food he was allergic to (and had gross poops all next day). My husband was petting him yesterday and noticed some dandruff. I looked myself, and there's a decent amount of flakiness in his back fur. The fur on his chin also looks a bit patchy (acne?). Is this a cause for concern? Could it be allergy related?

He's been eating normally, drinking water and chasing girl kitty all around the apartment so he's not dying or anything, I just wanted to know if we should watch and wait or take him in for a checkup.

If he has skin-presenting food allergies then yeah skin grossness would be expected when he eats something bad. Sniffly and cuddly is okay so long as he's still interested in eating and using the box okay.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Okay, so cat is recovering from that urinary obstruction. Still drowsy and lightheaded, drinking plenty of water (and then peeing all over the place, but that seems to have stopped for good, we can only hope). But he refuses to eat anything, and I can't imagine that's going to help him get his energy back. Advice?

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

I am sure this has already been discussed to death somewhere, but I can't find it.

Cat toothbrushing: Do you really do it? Is my vet hilariously optimistic for telling me it should be done at least every other day?

After seeing one of my dad's cats have some serious dental problems I am trying (albeit not as much as the vet thinks I should.) However the ratio of actual tooth-cleaning to cat anger is not very good. Do any of the dental foods/treats actually help?

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

Trillian posted:

I am sure this has already been discussed to death somewhere, but I can't find it.

Cat toothbrushing: Do you really do it? Is my vet hilariously optimistic for telling me it should be done at least every other day?

After seeing one of my dad's cats have some serious dental problems I am trying (albeit not as much as the vet thinks I should.) However the ratio of actual tooth-cleaning to cat anger is not very good. Do any of the dental foods/treats actually help?

I brush my cats' teeth. It helps that they are horribly food-motivated and will do anything for treats. It's part of my nightly routine--they hear the electric toothbrush, wait by the bathroom door, I hold them down and brush each side quickly, they get a treat. They hate it, but they love the treat enough to remind me it's time and to not run off until they get what they want.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Wildeyes posted:

Okay, so cat is recovering from that urinary obstruction. Still drowsy and lightheaded, drinking plenty of water (and then peeing all over the place, but that seems to have stopped for good, we can only hope). But he refuses to eat anything, and I can't imagine that's going to help him get his energy back. Advice?

When Ozzie refused to eat after her surgery, we got some cheap, smelly, fatty cat food, mixed it into some chicken/beef/turkey baby food, and coaxed her to lick a tablespoon or so off a spoon/our fingers every couple hours. It was really stressful but it was the only thing we could do. The smelly food wasn't great for her, but the baby food was bland enough to keep it from upsetting her stomach. Eventually we transitioned her back to better foods and then to kibble. See if maybe the vet has some food to sell you to help your cat's appetite?

Arkham Angel
Jan 31, 2012

Eggplant Wizard posted:

If he has skin-presenting food allergies then yeah skin grossness would be expected when he eats something bad. Sniffly and cuddly is okay so long as he's still interested in eating and using the box okay.

He has had skin issues before we put him on limited ingredient food, though I didn't notice dandruff then, just patching on the face. Probably from him being stupid and thinking that any food that isn't his is the Best. Food. EVAR. Thanks.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Arkham Angel posted:

He has had skin issues before we put him on limited ingredient food, though I didn't notice dandruff then, just patching on the face. Probably from him being stupid and thinking that any food that isn't his is the Best. Food. EVAR. Thanks.

I would caution you to watch it, though, just to make sure it goes away. I mean, it definitely sounds like that's all it is, but (as we learned the hard way) young cats will sometimes just develop allergies. One of ours has food allergies and just sort of became allergic to mystery thing (our vet said it's not worth testing for because we probably won't find it) that manifested itself through itchy, flaky skin. We just figured he was stupid and snagged something we dropped and didn't notice, but then the itchy, flaky skin persisted. (If it gets to that, though, ours just gets a tiny pill everyday, and he's fine. :))

Arkham Angel
Jan 31, 2012
I will keep an eye on it, then. What kind of meds do you give your kitty, out of curiosity?

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Dr. Chaco posted:

I brush my cats' teeth. It helps that they are horribly food-motivated and will do anything for treats. It's part of my nightly routine--they hear the electric toothbrush, wait by the bathroom door, I hold them down and brush each side quickly, they get a treat. They hate it, but they love the treat enough to remind me it's time and to not run off until they get what they want.

I really need to do this, but doing it alone is what I assume to be very difficult if not done at an early age. Plus I have six cats, and my girlfriend just laughs at me when I recommend we should brush their teeth.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mad Pino Rage posted:

I really need to do this, but doing it alone is what I assume to be very difficult if not done at an early age. Plus I have six cats, and my girlfriend just laughs at me when I recommend we should brush their teeth.

Your girlfriend is right to laugh.

With 6 cats i'd money up for having someone else do it. I can only imagine going for the toothbrush and toothpaste only to turn around to. :catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare: '... Get him.' :catstare:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Dr. Chaco posted:

electric toothbrush
:catstare:

Holy poo poo you have some treat motivated cats.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

duckfarts posted:

I have a catte I could get to do it for a treat.

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Actually, I taught my cats to tolerate it at about 6 years old. I adopted them when they were 4.

duckfarts posted:

I should clarify--the electric toothbrush is mine, and the noise is what draws them to the bathroom. I use the free human-type toothbrush from the dentist for the cats.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Your girlfriend is right to laugh.

With 6 cats i'd money up for having someone else do it. I can only imagine going for the toothbrush and toothpaste only to turn around to. :catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare: '... Get him.' :catstare:

There are various flavored toothpastes for dogs and cats, but their primary purpose is to make the process tolerable, or even enjoyable, for the pet. Mine hate it, so we don't use any. The main benefit is from the brushing action, not the paste.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Arkham Angel posted:

I will keep an eye on it, then. What kind of meds do you give your kitty, out of curiosity?

The vet prescribed 20 mg of prednisone every day for the mystery allergy and nothing for the food allergy (beyond "don't eat that food"). He was getting an allergy shot every two months for a while, but that was getting spendy (the cost of the shot itself wasn't bad, but the office visit charge was a killer); so, if your cat does need allergy meds, and he's just impossible to give pills to, there are other options.

As a side note, you might also want to watch his scratching; our guy is a medium haired cat, so what really tipped us off to his new allergy was his constant scratching around his head and neck area. When we separated the fur in the region and felt his skin, we saw flakes and felt little scabs. I'm not trying to scare you; I just know our buddy was in a lot of discomfort before we really figured out what was happening, and I would love to spare someone else's cat that sort of discomfort. :(

motherfish
Nov 11, 2005

While we're talking about brushing teeth I got myself a Petosan Oral Cleaner since I figured it would be less awkward that using an actual brush with handle, however it's so soft I can't imagine it's really doing anything to the teeth...Is it a good product or should I just get a proper bristle brush?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

motherfish posted:

While we're talking about brushing teeth I got myself a Petosan Oral Cleaner since I figured it would be less awkward that using an actual brush with handle, however it's so soft I can't imagine it's really doing anything to the teeth...Is it a good product or should I just get a proper bristle brush?

I have tried a few different products and nothing compares to real bristles on an actual cat-mouth-sized toothbrush.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Rorobb fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2013

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Rorobb posted:

Hey cat thread, I hope someone here can help me out. My girlfriend and I have had a female cat for about a year, since she was about 9 months old. She's basically a huge goofball that switches back and forth from two moods: sassy and clingy. When she's sassy she'll bat at us, sneak attack us, etc. When she's clingy she'll just get in our laps and turn into a motorboat.

We've been toying with the idea getting another cat so that she'll have someone to hang out with during the day, and in turn maybe mellow/even her out a bit. So a couple of days ago, we went to a shelter and adopted a male 1 y/o.

The new cat has accepted me and my girlfriend completely. He's super affectionate, loves to play, ad even slept through the night with us (something our girl has never done). Unfortunately though, interactions between the two cats are not going well, and seem to be getting worse.

It's only been a couple days now, but their personalities really seem to clash. When we let them interact, the new male just gets a menacing look on his face and will not let our female relax at all. He'll charge and stalk her around the apt while she makes the saddest, most pathetic chirping noises. The female will just walk up to him and start swatting and hissing, and then cower and run away. This morning we had to break up an all out fight.

I'm worried that our first cat may just be too used to being alone and has become cat awkward. She doesn't really seem to have any confidence or knowledge in how to approach another cat. The new cat seems to have a lot of confidence but is already acting like he owns the place, which isn't sitting well with us because we feel very protective over our first cat and hate to see her scared.

Right now we are just keeping them separated by a door and letting them interact every few hours until the tension gets too high, but the interactions seem to be going down hill. Any suggestions?

Cat introductions are more about smell than any other sense or emotion. Just remember most of the emotions you described above are you projecting things onto your cats. It'll take time and patience. Search this post for "Introducing a new cat to your other cats" it should make you feel better about the progress so far: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3169030&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post363159426

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rorobb posted:

Hey cat thread, I hope someone here can help me out. My girlfriend and I have had a female cat for about a year, since she was about 9 months old. She's basically a huge goofball that switches back and forth from two moods: sassy and clingy. When she's sassy she'll bat at us, sneak attack us, etc. When she's clingy she'll just get in our laps and turn into a motorboat.

We've been toying with the idea getting another cat so that she'll have someone to hang out with during the day, and in turn maybe mellow/even her out a bit. So a couple of days ago, we went to a shelter and adopted a male 1 y/o.

The new cat has accepted me and my girlfriend completely. He's super affectionate, loves to play, ad even slept through the night with us (something our girl has never done). Unfortunately though, interactions between the two cats are not going well, and seem to be getting worse.

It's only been a couple days now, but their personalities really seem to clash. When we let them interact, the new male just gets a menacing look on his face and will not let our female relax at all. He'll charge and stalk her around the apt while she makes the saddest, most pathetic chirping noises. The female will just walk up to him and start swatting and hissing, and then cower and run away. This morning we had to break up an all out fight.

I'm worried that our first cat may just be too used to being alone and has become cat awkward. She doesn't really seem to have any confidence or knowledge in how to approach another cat. The new cat seems to have a lot of confidence but is already acting like he owns the place, which isn't sitting well with us because we feel very protective over our first cat and hate to see her scared.

Right now we are just keeping them separated by a door and letting them interact every few hours until the tension gets too high, but the interactions seem to be going down hill. Any suggestions?

Time, joint treat feedings. I find that putting a large pile of delicious food into your hand, then giving out some to one cat and some to the other works wonders a lot of the time.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Rorobb posted:

If there's blood, separate them; otherwise let them work it out. Cat intros can be measured in weeks or months, seldom days.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Rorobb posted:

Like AtomikKrab said, time and joint feedings. I find that works/is currently working for my situation. Make sure you have some vertical space like a cat tree, but if that is too expensive you can get a bunch of cardboard boxes. Shelves work. Also, plenty of open space and places to rest/perch preferably by windows. Everything you do with one cat try to do with both in the same room - play, brush, et al. Also have at least one litterbox per cat plus one can help

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

SpaceAceJase posted:

I'll be getting my first cat ever this week.
Approximately 12 weeks old, he's a rescue cat that a friend of mine discovered in her backyard. He was tiny, starving, and with a badly injured eye.
Unfortunately the eye couldn't be saved, and had to be removed.

He's looking like a healthy little dude now, though:

I live in a 2 bedroom inner city apartment, and I'm a bit of a neat freak. My only real concern is the wellbeing of my suede couch, but I like the look of "softpaws".

SpaceAceJase posted:

A few weeks on, and here's some new pictures of "Link" for you all to enjoy.
The missing eye hasn't slowed him down one bit.

More kitten pics!

Arkham Angel
Jan 31, 2012

Niemat posted:

As a side note, you might also want to watch his scratching; our guy is a medium haired cat, so what really tipped us off to his new allergy was his constant scratching around his head and neck area. When we separated the fur in the region and felt his skin, we saw flakes and felt little scabs. I'm not trying to scare you; I just know our buddy was in a lot of discomfort before we really figured out what was happening, and I would love to spare someone else's cat that sort of discomfort. :(

I haven't really noticed an increase in scratching with him, but I'll keep an eye out. The only scabbing and patching we've noticed is right around his mouth, as mentioned before. He's a shorthair, too, so all the more difficult for skin issues to hide.

Too cute!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

More kitten pics!

When did you get a new rug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!

El Gar posted:

Idk who bought your title but as a lurker in this thread I have to say you are really bad at taking hints and need to shut up about your stupid cat. This is a cat FAQ not a cat lady tea party.

I think Kaworu has a wealth of knowledge, helping loads of people with advice from personal experience but I do find his (always thought he was a lass!) posts about Jackie tedious. The first time it was cute but then the shine wore off and it just became "HEY EVERYONE, MY CAT IS AMAZING, READ THIS ABOUT HOW AMAZING SHE IS". Like someone else said, EVERYONE has a special bond with their animal, but don't post love letters to them in here. I've just gushed so hard over Arthur on the run up to my fiancée giving birth in a different thread, I understand it's easy to do, because we love our cats, even more so here because it gains you a wider audience.

I'm not saying stop, just find the appropriate platform maybe. A blog or a dedicated thread were good ideas.

Hope you take this as constructive criticism. Keep on loving Jackie Cat :)

Ps, wasn't me who bought the custom title.

Blinks fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 19, 2013