Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's a great way to get stuck if you leave it there for a few hours and it melts down in and high centers :doh:

Not that I haven't done it...

2wd and bald mismatched rear tires is my only excuse for not going higher.

Causing trouble at car shows is good fun too.

(we almost got kicked out for that little stunt, supposedly it wasn't safe or something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

*edit: Also can someone tell me what this old beast is please? Thanks!

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 18, 2013

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

88h88 posted:

That's a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Thank you!

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

It says LTD on the hood...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

glyph posted:

It says LTD on the hood...

This monitor's crap, I thought it said GTO. :v:

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

88h88 posted:

Is there a bigger version of this? It's hella dope.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

User Error posted:

Is there a bigger version of this? It's hella dope.

I checked earlier and didn't find a drat thing. I will agree on the "hella dope" though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

(we almost got kicked out for that little stunt, supposedly it wasn't safe or something?)

I've been laughing my rear end off for the last minute at this.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

jonathan posted:

HEY!

(When I got back out there were half a dozen people taking pictures. All confused.)

The only issue with that and it might not be an issue is oiling for the motor.

I'd be surprised if oiling was compromised. Pickups are usually very rear biased in the sump.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fucknag posted:

I've been laughing my rear end off for the last minute at this.

Its an XJ high five.

Ziploc posted:

I'd be surprised if oiling was compromised. Pickups are usually very rear biased in the sump.

Nah, its an H2, it probably broke a half-shaft getting up there.

EDIT: I'm a blind dumbass.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 19, 2013

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Huh? Looks a lot like a JK to me.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Huh? Looks a lot like a JK to me.

That is certainly a JK, though the H2 comment may have been a jab at how Wranglers are getting fat.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Muffinpox posted:

Where we're parking we don't need roads.

Hey, we've all done it..

They had half filled the front spot and no one else would park there.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
How real pimps do it.

Happened while pizza drivin, customer didnt tip but let me use a phone book.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

kastein posted:

:glomp:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If an STI can do it, it's not that hardcore of offroading.

Even more impressive, he did it mid winter on summer tires

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Powershift posted:

The dealer plates are the perfect touch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

So...I'm guessing that thing is destroyed, unless the new STIs have good skid plates.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

jonathan posted:

HEY!

(When I got back out there were half a dozen people taking pictures. All confused.)

The only issue with that and it might not be an issue is oiling for the motor.

The redneck kids at my high school would park their trucks on the parking lot snow pile like this sometimes, so we'd park our cars behind theirs and then all pile into one car for lunch. I'm amazed this never backfired in any way.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

These recent Jeep photos are called Mall Crawling. Basically Jeepers showing off because nobody in town would ever see what they're capable of on a trail. It's kind of fun because people don't know what the gently caress. I remember some girl I was dating called me and asked "Did you break your Jeep? I saw a facebook photo with the front bent."

She didn't know about suspension flex. Here are some shots of my friends and I running trails around Vancouver BC

Trail up Vedder mountain to the HangGlider's launch.

SunRise Lake (The infamous V-Rock)

My Cherokee at the time. The world's cleanest XJ

Dad's Rubicon Unlimited JK. People like to diss these things for being bigger than a TJ. This thing shuts people up. He drove up that obstacle without even having to look at it. He could have done it with a coffee in one hand.

Pic of my JK 1 week old out at Stave Lake. Sunk it in a mud hole with a tree stump underneath. I don't even like mud.

Eagle Mountain, 3" lift and 35" tires on 15" wheels.

Caroline Mines outside of Hope, BC. This is probably the most loving retarded thing I've ever done. We drove into an abondoned mineshaft that spirals up the mountain and comes out near the top. 4 or 5 Jeeps in a train, trying to figure out our way up the maze. When idling the reverb was calling little rocks to fall from the ceiling.

Christmas tree hunting in Squamish BC

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

jonathan posted:

Christmas tree hunting in Squamish BC

I still think this is the perfect christmas card

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
More Jeep jack off photos to show off. Here is my 4x4 Timeline:

2008 Purchased Ranger 2.3L sport. Put in 2" front lift and new rancho shocks. 31" Firestone Destination M/T's. Loved that truck. It was my Mountainbike shuttle vehicle.

Sold it and bought this 88 XJ. 4.5" Lift, 33" Dick Cepek stupid tires. Cool Fender flares, and a bunch of gently caress off lights.

Someone stole that Cherokee a few weeks after I bought it, so I replaced it with this 98 XJ in 2009. 6.5" Lift, 32" temporary tires. That vehicle was CLEAN.

Someone stole THAT Cherokee. Thats 2 down in 2009. :( so I replaced it with something harder to steal. Plus I had Rubicon envy from my father's vehicle. 3" lift, ever rotating combo of tires and wheels. Daily driver. This one pretty much made wheeling boring. There is no challenge, just pick the correct line. Awesome in deep snow and rocks. Not great in mud.

Picked up this as a project. Been working on it for over a year now. Too much poo poo to list it, there is a dedicated thread somewhere. It's a Canadian M35a2 duece & a half mixed with a Hino FB Turbo. Those tires are 395/85r20's. They're double beadlocked. Final drive ratio for those Rockwell toploaders is 6.73:1. Engine is a Hino 3.8L Turbo Diesel. Makes somewhere around 150 horsepower at the wheels.
Points to whoever can name that vehicle in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbWxfzfI3m0

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

jonathan posted:

Picked up this as a project. Been working on it for over a year now. Too much poo poo to list it, there is a dedicated thread somewhere. It's a Canadian M35a2 duece & a half mixed with a Hino FB Turbo. Those tires are 395/85r20's. They're double beadlocked. Final drive ratio for those Rockwell toploaders is 6.73:1. Engine is a Hino 3.8L Turbo Diesel. Makes somewhere around 150 horsepower at the wheels.
Points to whoever can name that vehicle in the background.

(1) That deuce-and-a-half is awesome.
(2) The axle position on the background truck makes me think it's a UNIMOG. Am I wrong?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sofullofhate posted:

(1) That deuce-and-a-half is awesome.
(2) The axle position on the background truck makes me think it's a UNIMOG. Am I wrong?

Not wrong, but I'm sure certain people can list the exact model and even range of years. I love Unimogs more than life itself.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

So...I'm guessing that thing is destroyed, unless the new STIs have good skid plates.

Dealership test drive. On summer tires, reportedly. Somehow the guy talked the salesman into letting him take it out. Verrrrry sleazy dealer, not like the other Subaru dealer in town is any better (I drive 2 hours to a different dealer to order parts, and imagine I'd do the same for any used/new car).

Apparently the oil pan was destroyed along with a bunch of front bodywork but the subframe and all the major underbody components were fine. No doubt they immediately sold it on to a sucker for $29k+.

The rock is at the end of the second corner after you blast out of the parking lot of the dealership. It's an easy right turn with no elevation change or visibility concerns.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 19, 2013

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

jonathan posted:

Caroline Mines outside of Hope, BC. This is probably the most loving retarded thing I've ever done. We drove into an abondoned mineshaft that spirals up the mountain and comes out near the top. 4 or 5 Jeeps in a train, trying to figure out our way up the maze. When idling the reverb was calling little rocks to fall from the ceiling.

I love this picture, and the story behind it. That is seriously nothing short of awesome :allears:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T1g4h posted:

I love this picture, and the story behind it. That is seriously nothing short of awesome :allears:

Here is someone else's video of the trip. Not our trip, but the same path. It kind of shows you how dangerous and stupid this stunt is. There have been people who walked in, had their flashlights fail. You can't see your own hand infront of your face. 100% pure darkness. Anyway, they fell down a vertical shaft down to China and died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TZvNirvIXw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I love ridiculous poo poo like that :allears:

Volvo C-303 Laplander

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

I have been looking now for two days of a similar photo from my group of friends all part of a local Jeep group where there's about 7 of them in a row, all mounted on each other's tires. This was the closest I could find from one of them for now

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Since everyone else is posting their JK :)

3.25" lift/35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and a misc assortment of other stuff.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

The sleepy eyes just make it on this

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Octopus Magic posted:

The sleepy eyes just make it on this

"Guys, that was a tough few laps but I think I did pretty good. Guys? I'm just going to have a quick nap here, ok? I'll be like five minutes, seriouslysszzzzzzzz"

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

jonathan posted:

SunRise Lake (The infamous V-Rock)

meh @ those signs.

oh how I will miss you, Mr. Echo (whom did this on lowered suspension as well)

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

toaster_pastry posted:

meh @ those signs.

oh how I will miss you, Mr. Echo (whom did this on lowered suspension as well)

Adventure is defined as taking inapropriate equipment into out of the way places.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Everyone has to do a trip like that once. I took my 2009 Royal Enfield from Lewiston, ID to Las Vegas, NV. Never again, but I'm glad I did it.

CHOWTIME
Jan 4, 2013

power...
Some pics I took last year:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Crosspostin' this from the Youtube thread, because it's pretty drat cool.

I like this latest Koenigsegg video from Drive. It's a great example of how Koenigsegg isn't just about flashy fast cars, they've got some serious engineering going on as well, and may actually be putting individually controlled pneumatic valve actuation in their next car. They have a Saab 9-5 running pneumatic valves as a prototype car, even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

KozmoNaut posted:

Crosspostin' this from the Youtube thread, because it's pretty drat cool.

I like this latest Koenigsegg video from Drive. It's a great example of how Koenigsegg isn't just about flashy fast cars, they've got some serious engineering going on as well, and may actually be putting individually controlled pneumatic valve actuation in their next car. They have a Saab 9-5 running pneumatic valves as a prototype car, even.

[video type="youtube"]Bch5B23_pu0[video]

"Probably one of the only cars in the world driving without camshafts". Yeah, you know, apart from the hundreds of thousands of Wankel powered cars out there.

That was a really excellent video, I love listening to Christian talk about his cars :allears:. I've been hearing about individually actuated valves for years, and it's really great that it's getting close to being viable for production. When he started talking about using an air tank for energy capture or (even better) as a kind of instantaneous turbo I got all giddy.