Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Michael Cox sounds like the smuggest man in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The QPR guy from Extra this week was all right though I can see why people might not like him.

Ramble was funny this week though and I liked the debate re: the ballboy. The Geordie Hartlepool plastic spoke a lot of sense as opposed to Shouty Pompey Man.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

britishbornandbread posted:

The QPR guy from Extra this week was all right though I can see why people might not like him.

I don't mind people going on about how poo poo their teams are doing, but Michael Hann's complaining seems to go on for longer than anybody else's and it gets boring quite quickly. Other than that, he's alright.

Also did Jimbo say that that new Daniel lad and Barney Ronay not get on?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I do like the part where he blames the big 5 of the founding clubs of the Premier League for everything wrong in the world.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

onoflalks posted:

I don't mind people going on about how poo poo their teams are doing, but Michael Hann's complaining seems to go on for longer than anybody else's and it gets boring quite quickly. Other than that, he's alright.

Also did Jimbo say that that new Daniel lad and Barney Ronay not get on?

I think he said they had a falling out. Probably over his ridiculous complaint about Theo Walcott celebrating.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Howards Bellend posted:

I think he said they had a falling out. Probably over his ridiculous complaint about Theo Walcott celebrating.

I hope it means they won't be on it together again.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i dont think what the QPR guy says is actually that bad, its just the manner of how he says it, you can see his eyes closing in smug triumph as he adjusts his fedora

President!
May 3, 2006

A real ray of sunshine

Howards Bellend posted:

James also made a sarcastic criticism of Walcott for having the nerve to celebrate a goal again, which was nice.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
He also mentioned people talking about him and Lowe not getting on so the clowns at the Guardian must be chatting about it too.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
QPR guy was funny. I appreciate he must be making GBS threads it over the crazy spending.

Also you have to love jonathon wilson

:swoon:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

I am OK posted:

He also mentioned people talking about him and Lowe not getting on so the clowns at the Guardian must be chatting about it too.

Maybe Barry's a goon, that's why they were talking about it.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

I am OK posted:

"People saying me and Sid have had a falling out, that's not true, we've never gotten on..."?

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Wait is that what he said? I listen to it on my commute so traffic noise gets in the way sometimes.

I hope Barry's not a goon; I expect better from him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was "people have been saying we haven't been getting on, which is ridiculous." And then someone made a joke about "Daniel and Barney having a Lawyers tiff"

President!
May 3, 2006

A real ray of sunshine

Howards Bellend posted:

"People saying me and Sid have had a falling out, that's not true, we've never gotten on..."?

This is what James said, or would've done but someone else cut in a couple of words before he got the whole line out. I'm pretty sure he was joking though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Listening to the sunday supplement there is no love lost for strachan is there, that was pretty funny.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

Yeah, it was definitely a joke. I was quite funny.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

When Sid was talking about his music, "Is he being ironic?" in the background :lol:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed "Banter, check!"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ronay is back with more hilarity. "Listen to my working class accent". Top stuff.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Enjoyed the ramble this week. I will be looking forward to more from "david brenton rodgers".

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/feb/15/james-richardsons-european-football-video

Jimbo very funny as ever in the Euro paper review today. This was hilarious, spoilered incase you want to watch it later:

"So, by the 5th of March their season could be over, and Real could be facing a season with less Mou than a Findus lasagne."

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Sid's laptop :lol:

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does Jimbo think Celtic's stadium is called Parkhead?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

NZP posted:

Does Jimbo think Celtic's stadium is called Parkhead?

Probably because that's what everybody calls it. It might be called Celtic Park officially but all the Celtic fans I know tend to call it Parkhead.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm a Celtic fan mate, I ken. Aye, it's just that in the pod and on the review it seemed like he emphasized it. Said "Parkhead" three times or so, compared to never saying "Celtic Park". Masonic conspiracy?

And I disagree about everyone calling it Parkhead, living in Glasgow, I tend to hear "Celtic Park", or "Paradise" far more often.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

NZP posted:

I'm a Celtic fan mate, I ken. Aye, it's just that in the pod and on the review it seemed like he emphasized it. Said "Parkhead" three times or so, compared to never saying "Celtic Park". Masonic conspiracy?

And I disagree about everyone calling it Parkhead, living in Glasgow, I tend to hear "Celtic Park", or "Paradise" far more often.

Probably because Ewan Murray called it Parkhead once and he doesn't know much about Scottish football

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Isn't it like saying "merseyside"?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jippa posted:

Isn't it like saying "merseyside"?

It's like calling Arsenal Stadium 'Highbury'.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

It's like calling Arsenal Stadium 'Highbury'.

Oh I see.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Parkhead is the part of Glasgow where Celtic Park is located.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
There is nothing wrong with that. Loads of people refer to an area when saying "is xxx on his way too merseyside" or what ever.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
http://audioboo.fm/channel/united-we-stand-podcast

Sid Lowe was on the latest United We Stand podcast. I found it interesting how much better he comes across in a format which is slower and more serious. Football weekly is too quick and irreverent for him imo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The phone is the worst thing for communication (ironically). I can never have proper conversations on it.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

NZP posted:

Parkhead is the part of Glasgow where Celtic Park is located.

Ahh right, I never knew that. So the closest PL equivalent would be like saying Eastlands?

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah I guess so.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Or Upton Park.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I quite like Dave Farrar on Football Weekly. Seems to enjoy it whilst still holding it together and moving the discussion on. Can also deliver a joke which very few of them can.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Hoops posted:

I quite like Dave Farrar on Football Weekly. Seems to enjoy it whilst still holding it together and moving the discussion on. Can also deliver a joke which very few of them can.

Yeah he's a good presenter - he also hosts the European Football Show which returned in the new year, with Ben Lyttleton off the Sports Illustrated Soccer Round table, and people like Marcotti, Jonathan Wilson & Zonal Marking dropping in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I was wondering where I'd heard his voice before - he's Mr Eurosport!