Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
There is no point to any aesthetics in the history of the world. It's just a design, let the man enjoy his design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

jeffersonlives posted:

Good app, licensing support is kind of a pain in the rear end.

Well I purchased it but unfortunately I cannot get it to send a busy signal to the blacklisted caller (not sure how it would do this anyway, but it's advertised), but rather it sends them to voicemail after two rings which appears as if I've sent them there by declining myself. Have you tried this before with any success?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

spongeworthy posted:

Well I purchased it but unfortunately I cannot get it to send a busy signal to the blacklisted caller (not sure how it would do this anyway, but it's advertised), but rather it sends them to voicemail after two rings which appears as if I've sent them there by declining myself. Have you tried this before with any success?

I've used that feature and not gotten voicemails, but I've never bothered to test out the other side.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

The status bar clock is useful in applications, and is tiny so it doesn't serve the same purpose as a larger clock on the lock screen for quick viewing. Do you disable the clock in the Windows taskbar, OS X menu bar or whatever you use, just in case you have another clock visible on the screen at some point?

But nobody is saying he should hide something that's there by default, because there is no clock in the status bar of the default lock screen. He's already hiding the default clock, and replacing it with two more clocks. Honestly the two clocks didn't bother me (it's not even the worst custom lockscreen posted on that page), but this analogy doesn't make sense.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I found that ClockHide was installed with Typophone, and by default the lockscreen status bar clock was on. You all can relax now, I no longer have two clocks on my lockscreen.

e: but man, not knowing the full spellings of the month, and day are really going to throw me. I really should have remembered how to spell them. Today is Wednesd the 20th of Februa, right?

E: vvvvv No one ever even answered my original question, I solved it myself. oh well.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 21, 2013

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Quite a cool discussion going on here.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

I am sure there is, maybe you could roll with dreamboard or just turn everything off in Winterboard, but another question is why? Does it really matter for you?

Probably works at Apple or something similar.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Xenomorph posted:

6.1.2 was only the Exchange issue. The lockscreen bypass still exists.

There will be at least a 6.1.3 coming soon.

Did anyone ever get the actual bypass to work? Myself and most of the people commenting on the article I read about it could only get it stuck on a black screen.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Magic Underwear posted:

Did anyone ever get the actual bypass to work? Myself and most of the people commenting on the article I read about it could only get it stuck on a black screen.

From the videos, it's tricky as heck, and not very practical (you must keep the sleep button pressed while doing anything, etc).

spongeworthy posted:

Does anyone have experience using iBlacklist? I just want to block a couple numbers from calling- maybe send them directly to voicemail or a busy signal. Is it reliable and bug free?

There's a much cheaper program called "Call Blocker". It immediately "Ignores" the call (your phone will send them to voice mail).

iBlacklist worked fine back when I used it (in iOS 4). The only issues I had were the engrish in the app, the inconsistent way they'd use the program name ("iBlacklist", "IblackList", etc) in their own app, and how they required a $6 "license transfer fee" if you got a new device.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks for Dreamboard recs. didn't know there was a winter board contender. I can switch from "normal" to "themes" in like 2 seconds, now to find an awesome theme!!

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there an app or a tweak that places a button on the screen to scroll down a page length? Useful if I'm scrolling through lots of songs for example. Would mean pressing a button instead of swiping down.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

There's a much cheaper program called "Call Blocker". It immediately "Ignores" the call (your phone will send them to voice mail).

iBlacklist worked fine back when I used it (in iOS 4). The only issues I had were the engrish in the app, the inconsistent way they'd use the program name ("iBlacklist", "IblackList", etc) in their own app, and how they required a $6 "license transfer fee" if you got a new device.

Thanks, I'll check this out as well. iBlacklist isn't really impressing me so far.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Good God this problem will never go away.

Everytime I install FolderEnhancer, 5 icon dock, infinifolders...anything like that, all of my icons blow up and go back to where I had them a year or so ago on my old jailbreak.

I don't want this to happen.

I've tried to,

1) save my icon layout with Springtomize, didn't work.
2) go in with iFile and delete all of my previous settings for FolderEnhancer and 5 icon dock, didn't work.

I had never even installed infinifolders before today, and yet it STILL restored my icons back to the way they looked a year ago. Infinifolders had literally never existed anywhere on or near my phone, and still my icons just went all over the place. There has to be a setting somewhere I can change, or a file I can delete, to fix this.

I don't even care anymore if I can put folders in folders or whatever the gently caress, I just want to solve this problem out of frustration.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

aherdofpenguins posted:

Good God this problem will never go away.

Everytime I install FolderEnhancer, 5 icon dock, infinifolders...anything like that, all of my icons blow up and go back to where I had them a year or so ago on my old jailbreak.

I don't want this to happen.

I've tried to,

1) save my icon layout with Springtomize, didn't work.
2) go in with iFile and delete all of my previous settings for FolderEnhancer and 5 icon dock, didn't work.

I had never even installed infinifolders before today, and yet it STILL restored my icons back to the way they looked a year ago. Infinifolders had literally never existed anywhere on or near my phone, and still my icons just went all over the place. There has to be a setting somewhere I can change, or a file I can delete, to fix this.

I don't even care anymore if I can put folders in folders or whatever the gently caress, I just want to solve this problem out of frustration.

Did you try this solution from earlier in the thread?

bonzaisushi posted:

Yes you can and deleting that plist file will fix all your issues. I was also having some weird bugs with springtomize 2 and clearing the plist file fixed them all. In fact its not a bad idea running through the plist files and clearing ones out that you no longer use, i had a poo poo ton. Just be careful with what ya delete, everything past com.apple is jailbreak related I believe. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can find the file here: /var/mobile/library/preferences jp.ashikase.folderenhancer.plist

If you need to delete the springtomize plist the file name is: com.filippobiga.springtomize.plist (its in the same location as the previous plist file)

You can do this using, ifile, mobile terminal or ssh.

It worked for me.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
For those of us who like to micromanage our apps, SwitcherMod is now iOS 6 compatible :slick:

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Shadowhand00 posted:

Did you try this solution from earlier in the thread?

It worked for me.

I went through and deleted the options for FolderEnhancer and 5 icon dock.

Then I reinstalled FolderEnhancer. The icons went all over the place again.

So I went through and deleted every .plist file that I wasn't using and that wasn't com.apple or whatever. DIRECTLY after that, WITHOUT installing anything, my icons went to the same exact state as they did when I installed those Cydia apps.

What the gently caress?

I had to restore my icons with Springtomize, which worked.

When I reinstalled FolderEnhancer, of course, the icons went all over the place again.

This is infuriating. There has to be a non-app related file somewhere that saves icon placement just for jailbreak programs in general? I can't imagine what else could possibly causing this. This is loving driving me crazy.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I don't know if this will help, but have you tried searching for the "Bug Fix: Stuck Pages" and "Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons" packages in Cydia? I think they were supposed to fix icon layout-reset bugs of some sort.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

IncendiaC posted:

I don't know if this will help, but have you tried searching for the "Bug Fix: Stuck Pages" and "Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons" packages in Cydia? I think they were supposed to fix icon layout-reset bugs of some sort.

Oh my God.

Stuck Pages did it. It worked. My icons all look the same after installing FolderEnhancer. I just put a folder inside of a folder, then made a folder in that folder and put a million icons in there. Thank you soooooo much.

I was just about ready to bite the bullet and redo everything from scratch, which is probably the ultimate first world thing to complain about, but I feel like a beast has been conquered today. I feel like this is the end of an era, and the start of a new beginning.

Today was a good day.

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 22, 2013

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Just updated to 6.1.2 and re-Jailbroke. I ran "dpkg --get-selections > packages.txt" prior to updating via WinSCP and that worked fine. However, when I went to run "dpkg --set-selections < packages.txt /apt-get -u dselect-upgrade" after installing OpenSSH and APT, I keep timing out and can't restore everything. Any ideas? I know I can reinstall repos one by one, but just wanted to see what might be the cause of this.

Kekeke!
Nov 5, 2003

"Jesus christ man where did all these koreans come from!"
So my problem is slightly complicated. I have an iphone 4s my father game me that was still under contract with AT&T. I brought it with me to China while they were still in the process of unlocking it but then they denied the request. Via this thread I learned how to unlock it, but before I did any of that, I decided to reset it to factory settings. Now, whenever I try to activate it, I am unable to do so and I suspect it has to do with the fact that I am in China.

My ultimate goal is to jailbreak and unlock it so that I can use it with a local Chinese sim card. I would also like to be able to use the itunes store as I wish to purchase a program called Pleco. Really I am more concerned with wifi functionality vs being able to make phonecalls.

As of now I cant for the life of me properly activate the phone. I was successful once and set the region initially to China, but when I tried to connect my apple id that i recently made to the itunes account it wouldn't work, probably because the phone was set to China as a region and my billing address is in the United States. I hear there are ways to activate the phone without connecting to wifi or itunes, but will that complicate jailbreak/unlocking or using the phone with itunes?

/edit
I should also mentioned that I have tried using a VPN thinking that the problem is that the phone simply needs to appear to be in the United States but I haven't had any success.

Kekeke! fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 22, 2013

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there any tweak that will allow you to switch off the 'tap to tweet/post' button on the notification centre? Using LockInfo 5 btw.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

NZP posted:

Is there any tweak that will allow you to switch off the 'tap to tweet/post' button on the notification centre? Using LockInfo 5 btw.

Settings > Notifications > Share Widget > Off

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a carrier changer that works with Sprint? I miss my rocketship/flame service.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Voodoo posted:

Is there a carrier changer that works with Sprint? I miss my rocketship/flame service.

Do you mean something like Zeppelin?
http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16811750

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
I haven't jailbroken since iOS 5.0 or so, I was wondering is there anything better than tetherme for just enabling native hotspot?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

echobucket posted:

I haven't jailbroken since iOS 5.0 or so, I was wondering is there anything better than tetherme for just enabling native hotspot?
I like PDANet because it has a hide tethering option. It's not as pretty as MyWi, but I get to keep my unlimited data plan this way.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

spongeworthy posted:

For those of us who like to micromanage our apps, SwitcherMod is now iOS 6 compatible :slick:

I'm pretty sure this was causing SEVERE battery drain for me. I installed it last night and as soon as I took my phone off charge, it was down to half in about an hour.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

I like PDANet because it has a hide tethering option. It's not as pretty as MyWi, but I get to keep my unlimited data plan this way.

I'm pretty sure all tethering apps automatically hide their usage since people found out what providers look for. MyWi certainly does.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Couple questions. How do I transfer files to the VLC player? The in-app instructions say OpenSSH, but can I use iFile? Also what SFTP client do you recommend?

Second, how would I go about playing this link on my phone? I'd just like to keep it open while I'm away from my computer, and since it is .swf, I can't do it normally on an iPhone.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
You can add files to the native VLC app straight through iTunes, or by SSHing into your phone and depositing them into the app's documents directory.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

echobucket posted:

I still use TetherMe. Works great and I haven't been hassled by ATT yet. Then again, I only use it maybe once a month.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

UndyingShadow posted:

I'm pretty sure this was causing SEVERE battery drain for me. I installed it last night and as soon as I took my phone off charge, it was down to half in about an hour.

I've been using it without issue since yesterday. Maybe reboot and give it another try. Could be a conflict with something else you have installed?

Sigvard
Mar 12, 2005

Protect Ya Neck, Kid
(from crowbars)
Is there a way to remove the % symbol on the status bar yet? I was hoping that Springtomize would have this feature.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Sigvard posted:

Is there a way to remove the % symbol on the status bar yet? I was hoping that Springtomize would have this feature.

Speaking of, is there anything that would let me replace the battery symbol with the numbers, and no %? So my battery would just read as a number between 1-100 and nothing else?

nvm: "BatteryControl," about to check compatibility

ee: Battery Control is 3.1x only.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 22, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Blimpkin posted:

Speaking of, is there anything that would let me replace the battery symbol with the numbers, and no %? So my battery would just read as a number between 1-100 and nothing else?

nvm: "BatteryControl," about to check compatibility

ee: Battery Control is 3.1x only.

If you guys find something able to do this let me know.

I installed TypingPrivacy last night to block the iMessage chat bubble from showing to others when in a conversation. Not exactly a must-have tweak but I like the idea.

Squarb
Oct 19, 2005
Bolt will remove the battery icon but not the %.

Sigvard
Mar 12, 2005

Protect Ya Neck, Kid
(from crowbars)

Squarb posted:

Bolt will remove the battery icon but not the %.

I have this installed and I know CleanStatus does what I want but I don't think it's updated to iOS 6.1 yet.

Altoid
May 14, 2002
EDIT: Never mind, a little while of playing with the phone and plugging it into itunes a few times it seems to finally be sending all my apps over! Don't understand why it didn't do that the first five times, but whatever.

I just did an update iphone 4s from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2. I had done a backup, re-jailbroke and did a restore. Everything seems to have come over but my apps are not there. When I plug into itunes and go to apps they are listed in the window.

But they are not there on the actual phone. I can go and re-download them and they have all my data which is great, but I have a lot of apps. Is there a faster way I'm missing?

Another problem is I have an app or two that are no longer on app store not sure how to bring it over, shows up in my itunes...

Altoid fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 22, 2013

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
In my search for the battery thing, I came across finally using Zeppelin, and then I started looking for logos, and found that someone made a bunch from New York Knick players.

This is never going to be old. JR Smith, Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin, Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, even Bill Walker. Pretty much the whole 2012 squad.

e:

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Isn't battery percentage an iOS option...? :confused:

EDIT: Oh you want to get rid of the % symbol. You guys are weird.

• Locked thread