Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!
My four year old daughter has finally started coloring the OoTS coloring book. I think I'm going to take pictures of the results. She's just learning how to color in the lines, but handled the color-by-number surprisingly well once my wife colored over the color words with he correct color. She did the connect the dots from 1-6 all by herself, and got a little bit of help with what to connect next. She then decided it was a reindeer rather than a puppy and gave it jingle bells. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Which, given the pace that Rich's thumb allows, is likely months away at this stage.

After nothing for ages, getting over one comic a week feels like an incredible pace.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Alchenar posted:

After nothing for ages, getting over one comic a week feels like an incredible pace.

No kidding!

Brave Sir Digit Knight rides again.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'm not complaining. Anything, no matter how slow, is better than nothing at all. I'm cool with Rich doing what he can when he can.

However, I also felt it was important to point out that when someone says "wait until the next book for a new thread" what they're actually saying is "wait for a few months." If everyone's good with that, then so be it, but we should be clear about what we're deciding.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Yeah, I don't really see the sense in starting a new thread mid-arc.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doesn't make a huge difference at this point, the OP isn't exactly going to get any more out of date, but the next "Order of the Stick will return" does seem like a more natural point to make a new thread.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm curious about something that can only be answered by someone who has the books instead of reading them online like some of us do - how did Rich handle the more infinite-canvas pages?

Like for example, (I think) Tsukiko hitting Haley with a lightning orb and knocking her way out of panel on an otherwise regularly-sized page.

What about Roy's death? Is it split up over three pages? Fold-out page?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Roy's death is handled by fitting three vertical panels to a page. I can't remember specifically the Haley breaking through the panel one (which comic strip is that?) but some of the more odd comic shapes are handled by fitting bonus comics or text commentary on the opposite page.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Trapezium Dave posted:

I can't remember specifically the Haley breaking through the panel one (which comic strip is that?) but some of the more odd comic shapes are handled by fitting bonus comics or text commentary on the opposite page.

I actually remember this, as it's in the only physical OotS book I own. Rich leaves a bit of blank white space to the right rather than having the comic fully fitted, so Haley getting blasted to the side is still on the same page as the rest of it.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Call Now posted:

Yes, but the choice is very limited

Okay, that is just awesome. Now I wish I could gm a DnD game just so I could say "...and out from the shadows steps the count, accompanied by his squid familiar."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ConfusedUs posted:

No kidding!

Brave Sir Digit Knight rides again.

Sir Digit's need for physical therapy is probably one reason we are getting updates this frequently, he's got to relearn to use it and exercise it and drawing is pretty much perfect for that. My physical therapist recommended I start drawing when I broke my hand as a teenager.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

:siren: The Belkar prequel story is ready for Kickstarter backers :siren:

quote:

Today is the one-year anniversary of the end of this pledge drive and our long fulfillment together. I bet you thought I forgot.

In celebration, I am releasing the first of the digital stories that I should have had for you a few months ago. It's the Belkar Bitterleaf prequel story that was bought and paid for by one generous backer. I ended up making a bunch of last-minute revisions this week that pushed the completion back a little—I think I went back two boxes on the Workometer before going forward. This "8-10 page story" is coming in at 12 pages, too, so, you know, business as usual for me. The story will be available through a second backer-only update that I'll send in a few minutes, so check your email inbox for that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Still not received that backers-only update, though.

Also, the workometer link in the general update is broken, so the image is here if you want to see it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just got mine this minute. Flicking through it now.

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
That was amusing.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Rooster posted:

That was amusing.

Yeah, it was pretty good. A couple of meta jokes, some plans gone horribly awry and a major, major misunderstanding. Everything you'd want in a Belkar story!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

As far as turning points in the history of the world, Belkar learning to kill things for money is a pretty big one. How many lives could have been saved if not for the events of this story?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

terminal mehmet posted:

Yeah, it was pretty good. A couple of meta jokes, some plans gone horribly awry and a major, major misunderstanding. Everything you'd want in a Belkar story!

The crowd-funding joke is the best.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
The character named "Shart", though...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Got a laugh out of me.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The character named "Shart", though...

Is that a joke? Not getting it...

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Shart (n.) The accidental discharge of fecal matter, usually of the liquefied kind, when attempting to merely pass gas.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I still question whoever voted for Belkar getting an origin comic (versus any number of minor characters), but it was a fun read.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Colonial Air Force posted:

Shart (n.) The accidental discharge of fecal matter, usually of the liquefied kind, when attempting to merely pass gas.

Huh.

You know that feeling when you get an answer and you kind of wished you hadn't asked the question?

If not ask me as I am now familiar with it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ah, that was fun. I'm looking forward to the Cliffport PD one.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

enigma105 posted:

My four year old daughter has finally started coloring the OoTS coloring book. I think I'm going to take pictures of the results. She's just learning how to color in the lines, but handled the color-by-number surprisingly well once my wife colored over the color words with he correct color. She did the connect the dots from 1-6 all by herself, and got a little bit of help with what to connect next. She then decided it was a reindeer rather than a puppy and gave it jingle bells. :3:

You should send the photos to Rich, I'm sure he'd love to see them.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

DoctorTristan posted:

You should send the photos to Rich, I'm sure he'd love to see them.

Forget Rich, I want to see them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

fallingdownjoe posted:

Forget Rich, I want to see them.

Me too. :3:

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!
I can't find the jingle bell reindeer. I think the wife threw it away (my daughter likes to pull the pages out of coloring books and give them to us) but here's the "maze" and the color by number:

She had to come to me for help on the maze (as you can see, she tried hard herself first).

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
That's Goddamn diabolical.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

It's official: Rich hates kids.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

enigma105 posted:

She had to come to me for help on the maze (as you can see, she tried hard herself first).

Perfect chance to teach her the right-hand-rule for maze solving.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sfwarlock posted:

Perfect chance to teach her the right-hand-rule for maze solving.

:ssh: She tried that first, it would appear

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Niton posted:

:ssh: She tried that first, it would appear

Oh dear, oh dear. Is the solution for this one go around the maze instead of through?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Parahexavoctal posted:

Oh dear, oh dear. Is the solution for this one go around the maze instead of through?

What other lesson would you expect a puzzle featuring Belkar to teach?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

:siren: New Strip! :siren:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0871.html

Watch Mr Scruffy. :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Definitely not how I was expecting this to continue, interesting direction nonetheless.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

I wonder if any GitP posters have had to return some bet money.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Well I think we can all safely say :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Mister Scruffy will save Belkar. Probably save Durkon too. Mister Scruffy is awesome like that.