Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The only thing truly repulsive about Sascha Grey is how many times she'll name drop Nietzsche in an interview, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tewratomeh posted:

Well someone offered him a role as a cannibalistic creeper in Sin City and he took that, and I believe that was before Lord of the Rings.

Sin City was years after LOTR.

Nacho Vigalondo is also the director attached to Supercrooks, the "Ocean's Eleven with Supervillains" movie from Mark Millar of Kick-rear end fame.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit: nevermind I'm derailing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

How 'bout those movie posters, huh?

I find this one rather ugly, though I do like the dome-thingy effect.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Barometer posted:

Wait, is that a real poster? I doubt it, since they're all wearing the Black Widow outfit, complete with the exact same belt buckle.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The two guys faces seem normal then Lawrences face is airbrushed to hell and back, jesus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hewlett posted:

Wait, is that a real poster? I doubt it, since they're all wearing the Black Widow outfit, complete with the exact same belt buckle.

No, this is the real Catching Fire poster:

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
That one's definitely fanmade, the name at the bottom is the person who made it.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Yeah, that's the same dome effect from the seventh Harry Potter movie. That poster's definitely not real.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

penismightier posted:

Why is this a problem? She was great in The Girlfriend Experience.

She was, but Soderbergh's thing is getting unusually good performances out of non-actors. If I've only seen someone in one of his movies, I'm still gonna have reservations about them.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Oops, sorry! I just gis'ed for movie posters and wasn't really paying attention. :qq:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Barometer posted:

Oh yeah, that was more than one book, wasn't it.

Don't really have much to say on that. I've been apathetic on the whole thing, but I can appreciate that it's not as horrid as Twilight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

No, this is the real Catching Fire poster:

If this is real, I really like it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I really do enjoy when movies advertise via in-universe products and promotions. Given what happens in Catching Fire, I really do like that poster.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is that the real poster? I can't imagine them marketing another Hunger Games movie without making Jennifer Lawrence's face as large as possible and with the words "Oscar winner".

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
For those that apparently don't recognize Nacho Vigalondo, he directed TIMECRIMES.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Is that the real poster? I can't imagine them marketing another Hunger Games movie without making Jennifer Lawrence's face as large as possible and with the words "Oscar winner".

I'm surprised they're not considering playing around with it by congratulating "Katniss" on her esteemed award.

\/\/\/ Haha, they look like loving Nazis.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 27, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Well, its been less than a week. Also there's this one too:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Young Freud posted:

\/\/\/ Haha, they look like loving Nazis.

Not too surprising, given the in-universe government

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Yeah, my comment was pretty intentional in reference to that. It looks like the marketing department started looking at Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer propaganda and restaged them in HDR photoshoots.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Just like the ending of the movie hints at, roughly the first half of the book is about Katniss and Peeta being used as a propaganda tool by the government to try and undo all the dissent they sowed by "beating" the Hunger Games.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vegetable posted:

I think the franchise is so big that they don't have to.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DNS posted:

I think the franchise is so big that they don't have to.

Exactly. Lawrence has an Oscar now, but this isn't early February dreck where you need to say "from the producers of" or "starring academy award winner".

It's a mega-franchise. You only have to sell it as such and promise the whole bigger/better sequel angle.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

muscles like this? posted:

Well, its been less than a week. Also there's this one too:

The dude looks ridiculous but this is the first time I've actually seen Jennifer Lawrence and understood why people think she's "fat". She has kind of round cheeks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I believe she lost some weight for Hunger Games because she was playing a poor starving girl- she was really skinny there, she looks healthier now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Also this one for Catching Fire.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was beaten to it, but Grey was legit great in Girlfriend Experience, and the only part of that movie I really enjoyed, and Traci Lords was phenomenal in Excision. If you haven't seen those movies you should see them. Excision also has my favorite poster of last year:

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

caligulamprey posted:

Elijah Wood has probably made so much Lord of the Rings money that someone will throw a batshit idea like POV REMAKE OF MANIAC or HOW ABOUT YOU STAR IN A MOVIE WITH SASHA GREY and he suddenly remembers that he can get to do whatever he wants and loving takes it.

I'm pretty sure his production company did that Maniac remake. So he gets to do whatever he wants, even if he has to throw money at it himself. Which rules.

Maniac looks really good too.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She was terrible in Entourage and she was playing herself in that so yeah.

Yes, but that entire season of Entourage was total poo poo so it's not entirely her fault.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Best poster for Spring Breakers yet.

Man, is that a Schwa alien sticker on the big block o' drugs at the bottom right? That's going back a few years to the early days of the internet :)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Maxwell Lord posted:

I believe she lost some weight for Hunger Games because she was playing a poor starving girl- she was really skinny there, she looks healthier now.

She's the next DeNiro. :allears:

Vegetable posted:

Coming Winter 2011
People's Choice Award nominated actor DANIEL RATCLIFFE in
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Deathly Hallows

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Elijah Wood has probably made so much Lord of the Rings money that someone will throw a batshit idea like POV REMAKE OF MANIAC or HOW ABOUT YOU STAR IN A MOVIE WITH SASHA GREY and he suddenly remembers that he can get to do whatever he wants and loving takes it.

If this leads to things like 'Why don't you star in a TV series about hallucinating that your neighbor's dog is an rear end in a top hat in a dog costume' then I'm all for it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Man, is that a Schwa alien sticker on the big block o' drugs at the bottom right? That's going back a few years to the early days of the internet :)

James Franco's character is named Alien in the movie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Girl likes to eat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F47xFtynLXw

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MikeJF posted:

If this leads to things like 'Why don't you star in a TV series about hallucinating that your neighbor's dog is an rear end in a top hat in a dog costume' then I'm all for it.

Everytime I watch that show part of me things to myself "shouldn't he be off trying to win an oscar".

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

flashy_mcflash posted:

James Franco's character is named Alien in the movie.

So he reminds me of Drexl from True Romance, and he has the most 90's drug-dealing persona ever. All that alien logo needs is a joint in its mouth with 8-balls printed on the side.

That combined with the main characters wearing neon, candy-colored bikinis... the more I learn about this movie the more I need to see it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Just like the ending of the movie hints at, roughly the first half of the book is about Katniss and Peeta being used as a propaganda tool by the government to try and undo all the dissent they sowed by "beating" the Hunger Games.
That actually sounds pretty interesting, maybe I should read those drat books

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Pablo Gigante posted:

That actually sounds pretty interesting, maybe I should read those drat books

Don't expect a lot. They're young adult tripe with some interesting themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Awesome new building ad for Game of Thrones