Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
Haha, Honigstein took over the European Paper Review from James Richardson on holiday and spent about 70% of his time on the German papers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Nimmy posted:

Haha, Honigstein took over the European Paper Review from James Richardson on holiday and spent about 70% of his time on the German papers.

sachertorte

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Nimmy posted:

Still the best guest host.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Mandalay posted:

sachertorte

why was he looking at the Austrian papers?

President!
May 3, 2006

A real ray of sunshine

Lot 49 posted:

http://audioboo.fm/channel/united-we-stand-podcast

Sid Lowe was on the latest United We Stand podcast. I found it interesting how much better he comes across in a format which is slower and more serious. Football weekly is too quick and irreverent for him imo.

Thanks for posting that. I really enjoyed it. You're right: Sid is actually pretty interesting when he gets to fully flesh out what he's trying to say.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Modus Trollens posted:

why was he looking at the Austrian papers?

Might be because Rafa can understand them and they might've had something interesting to say that Jimbo can overlook.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

loved this

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's the loving worst ever when they find some terrible ironic patter and kick the gently caress out of it. They've done it with footballers' funny names, nominative determinism and now with this Belinda Carlisle shite. Worst.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
The best bit of Raphael Honigstein's paper review was "...the German national team of 1996: Kuntz, all of them..."

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Aw man, on the last one, the host was desperately fishing for some Funny Football Stories. Worst.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

NZP posted:

Aw man, on the last one, the host was desperately fishing for some Funny Football Stories. Worst.

yes, but i take enjoyment from the rejection of this appear. The anti-humour is the humour for me on FW at times.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

britishbornandbread posted:

yes, but i take enjoyment from the rejection of this appear. The anti-humour is the humour for me on FW at times.

Aye, I enjoyed how the guests basically went, "nah mate".

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The ramble was hilarious this week, I was pissing myself at the di canio bit. I didn't realise he broke in.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jippa posted:

The ramble was hilarious this week, I was pissing myself at the di canio bit. I didn't realise he broke in.

I was in tears in the office listening to this today. The Figo Just For Men stuff was brilliant.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 27, 2018

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I knew they were onto a winner this week when they opened the show discussing Stan Collymore's audition tape for Basic Instinct 2.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Even the profile was good. That segment is okay when they're talking about players they actually saw and know well.

I also enjoyed the moment in Football Weekly when they remembered John Terry for their "most disliked player" discussion.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
There was no profile in my itunes episode, it cut off halfway through pete's game.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I was sad there were no out takes at the end this week.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

https://archiveofourown.org/works/606303

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

gently caress me, is that Football Weekly slash?!

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Alan BStard posted:

gently caress me, is that Football Weekly slash?!

yep, its what they were talking about on today's pod

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I hate the internet.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/28/referee-one-day-barry-glendenning

Link says it all.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
How on earth did Sid not understand the tear/tear joke. Geez!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
8 Inch Kock with vibrating head.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

LordPants posted:

8 Inch Kock with vibrating head.

He posted it on Twitter.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

the Ramble really missed Pete this week but I did enjoy Diego's Corner.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sweek0 posted:

He posted it on Twitter.

Only footballer I could find was "de Kock" because google was filtering out "Cock" from the search results. :lol:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

sweek0 posted:

He posted it on Twitter.

I lost it then. Perfect after a long stressful day at work.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

can anyone translate the Ramble from this week that caused them to burst out laughing at 52:47, something to do with punching Keegan one in two times?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Did it show up in iTunes for you? It wasn't there for me last night.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I use the iPhone podcast app so can't help you there. it was another laughter filled episode.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Right, probably show up for me later. No big deal, haven't gotten around to listening to The Game yet.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Tangentially related to Guardian/podcasts - what happened to the Secret Footballer?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

MoPZiG posted:

Tangentially related to Guardian/podcasts - what happened to the Secret Footballer?

I think he came out with a book and revealed who he was. I think it was some ginger no one had heard of?

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
And the book is effin' terrible. Like, so fuckin', effin terrible.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

He's got a website and writes on that now. I liked the book but a lot of it was just from his articles anyway.

Also he's Dave Kitson.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
'Sid Lowe, whose maximum sentence is anything but two and a half years'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wow. Fernando Duarte (?) was really, really loving annoying this pod. He also idolizes Family Guy & Seth MacFarlane so that certainly explains a lot.