Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I installed it for iOS 5/6 and it killed my cellular data after reboot. Would still show 4g though (no LTE) I reset network settings and nothing. Only uninstalling it fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
There's an "AutoProtect for iOs 6" that was made by a different author as the original. I'm testing it now, but anyone have any testimonials about the quality/security of it?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Ev posted:

Are you swiping from the top or bottom of the keyboard? It seems to work better from the bottom where the space bar is.

I'm swiping everywhere :( might be some interference with another tweak? Oh well.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MickRaider posted:

There's an "AutoProtect for iOs 6" that was made by a different author as the original. I'm testing it now, but anyone have any testimonials about the quality/security of it?
It's the same guy. I think he just changed his handle. I could never get it to work properly and I'm impatient so I just bought CleverPin instead.

https://twitter.com/FllorenT0D

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Ozu posted:

It's the same guy. I think he just changed his handle. I could never get it to work properly and I'm impatient so I just bought CleverPin instead.

https://twitter.com/FllorenT0D

Saw your post about that. I considered it but wanted to try the free first.

5 minutes of testing it seems to work, need to get off my work network and we'll see if it locks.

cookiesapplejuice
May 3, 2009
I just recently jailbroke and sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the best way to send/receive texts on my computer or nexus 7 while still using my iphone number? Thanks

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

cookiesapplejuice posted:

I just recently jailbroke and sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the best way to send/receive texts on my computer or nexus 7 while still using my iphone number? Thanks

If you're on a Mac (at least on mountain lion) you could use the messaging app to log into iCloud which could work. I don't know if there's a Windows app for that though.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

DeskSMS from the computer, not sure if it has an app for tablets though.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Remote Messages 2 works pretty well.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Ev posted:

Anyone tried Touchpal? It's a swipe keyboard and works pretty well (so far).

I used to have something like this on my HTC, any way to get it to obey system typing sounds? I always have them off but they are clicking now.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

Klowns posted:

I used to have something like this on my HTC, any way to get it to obey system typing sounds? I always have them off but they are clicking now.

I think it's the first toggle in the app's settings that turns the sound on/off.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Big update with WinterBoard to patch a virtual memory leak issue.

Programs would close/crash early, even when you had sufficient free memory. IE: Have Safari open, hit Home, Safari closes completely (instead of just going into the background).

Some people had a hunch WinterBoard was causing the problem, and enough people mentioned it to Saurik that he built some debugger to test (and confirm) it.

http://cydia.saurik.com/info/winterboard/vnodeleak.html

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
How do you find specific lockscreen themes for Winterboard? I only know how to see the huge list from the front page of Cydia.

edit: When I say specific, I mean specifically the category of lockscreen themes.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 2, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

How do you find specific lockscreen themes for Winterboard? I only know how to see the huge list from the front page of Cydia.

edit: When I say specific, I mean specifically the category of lockscreen themes.

Cydia -> Sections -> Themes (LockScreen)

Unless you've hidden it, but it doesn't sound like you would have.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

KingKapalone posted:

I got this to go away briefly, but it's back now. I also think it's LockInfo.

It's Facebook.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Xenomorph posted:

Big update with WinterBoard to patch a virtual memory leak issue.

Programs would close/crash early, even when you had sufficient free memory. IE: Have Safari open, hit Home, Safari closes completely (instead of just going into the background).

Some people had a hunch WinterBoard was causing the problem, and enough people mentioned it to Saurik that he built some debugger to test (and confirm) it.

http://cydia.saurik.com/info/winterboard/vnodeleak.html

I got really excited reading this news, but after installing the updated version, I'm still getting crashes in certain apps which go away after uninstalling winterboard. I hope even more progress is made regarding this issue.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hmm I wonder if Winterboard is what destroyed my Words with Friends and Trivie.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can't get Touchpal to work. Any other decent swipe-style keyboard tweaks out there?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Don't update to the new Lockinfo beta. It will put you into a safe mode loop.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

NZP posted:

Can't get Touchpal to work. Any other decent swipe-style keyboard tweaks out there?

There's one called iSwipe though I haven't tried it. You can find it by adding this repo to Cydia: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/wyndwarrior/

I don't know how it compares to TouchPal but it's the only other one that comes to mind.

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE

Djarum posted:

Don't update to the new Lockinfo beta. It will put you into a safe mode loop.

Reset settings and then uninstall and reinstall fixed it for my wife and I.

This doesn't work I'm a moron and was thinking of NCsettings sorry.

Nathan Wind fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 2, 2013

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I may be hallucinating, but I seem to recall there being something from Cydia that would run arbitrary commands/apps when you connect to a given wifi access point. Can anyone tell me if that exists and what it's called?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Am I the only one that had touchpal kill my data?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Ursine Asylum posted:

I may be hallucinating, but I seem to recall there being something from Cydia that would run arbitrary commands/apps when you connect to a given wifi access point. Can anyone tell me if that exists and what it's called?

Closest thing I can think of is SBprofiles

http://moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=sbprofilesDp

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Christoff posted:

Am I the only one that had touchpal kill my data?
Your data connection or data on your phone? I tried it and don't see any problems ... yet :tinfoil:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BatteryDoctorPro (search for that, first result will be it) is really loving slick and an excellent replacement to SBSettings or the now discontinued NCSettings.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BatteryDoctorPro (search for that, first result will be it) is really loving slick and an excellent replacement to SBSettings or the now discontinued NCSettings.

Wow, that is pretty solid and has exactly what I was looking for that SBSettings doesn't (LTE toggle).

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in a battery management app.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in a battery management app.

This app makes SBSettings useless to me now, aside from one function: hiding icons that I don't need to show (stocks, letter opener, etc.,). Is there any way to do this without SBSettings?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Mr Hands Colon posted:

This app makes SBSettings useless to me now, aside from one function: hiding icons that I don't need to show (stocks, letter opener, etc.,). Is there any way to do this without SBSettings?

Search for Poof in Cydia

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What repository is it on? I can't see it.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I kind of wish it had a safe list for apps you want to leave active in the background like KillBackground does and the ability to manually enter percentages for the brightness in the different states (indoor/outdoor) as 0% is too dim and 30% is too bright for me.

Still, only takes an extra second to drag the brightness bar around after I change modes. Thanks for the find, this is a well put together app.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Bummey posted:

BigBoss.

Just search the entire app name and it will show up (in Chinese, I think).

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Bummey posted:

Copy and paste 金山电池医生 into Cydia and it'll be the only result.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Someone on Reddit is claiming toggling data on/off with BatteryDoctorPro messed his phone up. I actually ended up disabling that part as you need mobile data on to access visual voicemail so the only thing the profiles toggle for me are brightness and wifi.

It's nice to have a clean notification center now. Now all it needs is a private browsing toggle.

Klowns posted:

I kind of wish it had a safe list for apps you want to leave active in the background like KillBackground does

Honestly I wish it would kill all apps without removing them from the switcher.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
How are you people using TouchPal? I installed it, and enabled it in keyboards, but I'm not seeing anything swype-like -- just a old-school T7 keypad (not even a full keyboard, just the 10 keys with ABC, DEF, etc. on them.

On touchpad settings I have (from top), on, on, off, on, on, on, on, on.

This is based on that link someone posted to a rough translation of the settings.

Ev posted:

Are you swiping from the top or bottom of the keyboard? It seems to work better from the bottom where the space bar is.

What's this about "swipe up"? Swiping does nothing. Maybe because I have "SwipeSelect" installed?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Search for Poof in Cydia

Perfect! One last question: what is a replacement for the SBSetting function to show the date next to the time in the status bar?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

randyest posted:

How are you people using TouchPal? I installed it, and enabled it in keyboards, but I'm not seeing anything swype-like -- just a old-school T7 keypad (not even a full keyboard, just the 10 keys with ABC, DEF, etc. on them.

On touchpad settings I have (from top), on, on, off, on, on, on, on, on.

This is based on that link someone posted to a rough translation of the settings.

What's this about "swipe up"? Swiping does nothing. Maybe because I have "SwipeSelect" installed?

At the bottom of the keyboard where there is the small book[?] Icon, tap it to enable the swype?

That book icon, with the 'A' on it.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Blimpkin posted:

At the bottom of the keyboard where there is the small book[?] Icon, tap it to enable the swype?

That book icon, with the 'A' on it.
Thanks, but I seem to be stuck in keypad mode:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Up top there are three screen layout options, you can see from the screen shot he's on the middle one and you're on the left one. I'm in the same boat and can't seem to swipe to the other ones.

I suspect Zephyr might be screwing me over but I have it set to top third for swiping actions.

• Locked thread