Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Pretty sure I have the worst book/movie tie-in cover.

At least the other ones have pretty pictures. This looks like something you'd see as an example in a Photoshop thread for everything not to do in a design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mike From Nowhere posted:

I'm gonna need a source on these because I refuse to believe they are real.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Just a forewarning: Do NOT watch Dante's Inferno. It is absolute poo poo. Each level of hell changes the animation style, and they are all hideously ugly, the writing is absolute garbage, and just everything about it is bad.
I watched it while I had a fever and still knew that it was poo poo. Don't waste your time on it.

I love the parents' guide on IMDB, though. "Most of the movie is gore"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A little closer to the territory of movie posters, of which there have been gently caress all of late, I saw this response to The Last Exorcism Part 2 on my travels and it made me chuckle a little.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GonSmithe posted:

Just a forewarning: Do NOT watch Dante's Inferno. It is absolute poo poo. Each level of hell changes the animation style, and they are all hideously ugly, the writing is absolute garbage, and just everything about it is bad.
I watched it while I had a fever and still knew that it was poo poo. Don't waste your time on it.

It does feature a horse doing a backflip though

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jedit posted:

A little closer to the territory of movie posters, of which there have been gently caress all of late, I saw this response to The Last Exorcism Part 2 on my travels and it made me chuckle a little.

Careful, it's pretty close to a swastika.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jedit posted:

Nice, but honestly it's less ridiculous than something like Final Fantasy VII, and way less ridiculous than Final Fantasy 13-2. There sure are a lot of the Fantasies, and none of them all that final.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267379/?ref_=sr_2. For some reason people began to make tie-in movies to games instead of the other way around

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Nice, but honestly it's less ridiculous than something like Final Fantasy VII, and way less ridiculous than Final Fantasy 13-2. There sure are a lot of the Fantasies, and none of them all that final.

I give Square a pass on that because they honestly thought FF might be the last game they released.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267379/?ref_=sr_2. For some reason people began to make tie-in movies to games instead of the other way around

It was an EA initiative for a while, to make crappy animes of all their games. They did Dragon Age as well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Noxville posted:

It was an EA initiative for a while, to make crappy animes of all their games. They did Dragon Age as well.

Also Mass Effect. I guess anime studios don't charge very much.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MorgaineDax posted:

Pretty sure I have the worst book/movie tie-in cover.

At least the other ones have pretty pictures. This looks like something you'd see as an example in a Photoshop thread for everything not to do in a design.

What the Christ? I remember messing with Photoshop in 1997 and doing poo poo like this. Difference Cloud + Lens Flare!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

I give Square a pass on that because they honestly thought FF might be the last game they released.

Prior to learning that factoid, I'd always assumed it was a slight mistranslation of "Ultimate Fantasy".

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

With all the Stephanie Meyer, etc. chat, this feels like a good time to mention that A Game of Bones, the amazing first ever COMPLETED goon project is now available on the Amazon Kindle store and via SmashWords.

This erotic action thriller by acclaimed author T. B. Thread is the must-own novel for all eBook owners.

gently caress, now I have to buy this horrible thing because I know about it. Thanks alot.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Paul Allen posted:

Awesome new building ad for Game of Thrones

Not exactly a poster, but who's counting?

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

With all the Stephanie Meyer, etc. chat, this feels like a good time to mention that A Game of Bones, the amazing first ever COMPLETED goon project is now available on the Amazon Kindle store and via SmashWords.

This erotic action thriller by acclaimed author T. B. Thread is the must-own novel for all eBook owners.

Oh god you actually finished it you marvelous bastards.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

I think of this cover as one of the low points of our civilisation.

John's face is hilarious.

On the topic: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/01/15

Jespass
Oct 17, 2012

You felt wrong.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Darthemed posted:

That would be a big yes.

After much delay I thought, "Why don't I post some more?"
So here is a simulation of staying at your grandparent's house presented in the form of dodgy movie posters

I think the next set will be either "Ninja Nonsense" or "Look what my kid drew!"
Any requests?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ShufflerZero posted:

So here is a simulation of staying at your grandparent's house presented in the form of dodgy movie posters

Any requests?

That's the biggest collection of warnings I've seen in a long time. Keep the trashy movie posters coming!
Request: Posters for horror movies with titles that are just occupations, e.g., The Landlady, The Dentist, The Surgeon, etc.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Don't you open that trapdoor!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I feel like if the protagonists of each of these movies said "OK" then there wouldn't be a movie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

That tagline is the best

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is that supposed to be his sister straddling his butt?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Don't mess with his sisteri.

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.
Those are all fantastic!

For half a heartbeat my brain parsed the title as "Don't Look in the Arrse!". A cautionary tale of pirate butts.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ShufflerZero posted:

This looks so dang familiar, was that picture used for other movies?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Movie posters ain't nothin' but sisteri and arrses.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

It apes the cover of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Hugs Boson posted:

Those are all fantastic!

For half a heartbeat my brain parsed the title as "Don't Look in the Arrse!". A cautionary tale of pirate butts.

Or a Goatse documentary.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

ShufflerZero posted:

STOP DOING THINGS

FINE, JESUS CHRIST :supaburn:

I want that style of B-movieish titles to come back so badly.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Don't Watch this Movie
It's so bad, you'll just DIE

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

That format of title just works for literally every movie ever made.

GoodFellas? DON'T BE A GANGSTER. Dirty Dancing? DON'T PUT BABY IN A CORNER. Taxi Driver? DON'T TOUCH CHILD PROSTITUTES. Schindler's List? DON'T TAKE MY JEWS. Se7en? D0N'7.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This reminds me, Edgar Wright still needs to make Don't.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

They're all terrible, but they couldn't have at least set this, I dunno, in an attic? A house, at least?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Wolfsheim posted:

They're all terrible, but they couldn't have at least set this, I dunno, in an attic? A house, at least?

What if the reason you shouldn't go into the attic is because it's a (haunted) graveyard? Like, a sort of reverse Poltergeist.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
You see, a town (of Indians) was buried in a landslide exactly ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. Now, Goodville is a new community built on top of the bones of those dead Indians! Now the citizens of Goodville have something in the basement... the spirits of the dead trapped in their attics when the earth took them!

Boy that's loving complicated, writing horror movies must be hard work.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A guy moves into the new house to find his attic is filled with spirits. He also finds out that there are bodies buried in the basement. He needs to reunite the spirits with the bodies to be rid of them, but it turns out that there's a demon in the basement and this is the reason the spirits are hiding in the attic. So the main character, who happens to be a demolitions expert, sets off a series of controlled explosions that destroys the first and second floors of the house, making the attic sit right on top of the basement where the demon and spirits are forced into battle.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I demand Lowtax's magnum opus, Doom House be adapted into a major Holywood motion picture, starring Keith David and Tom Skerritt; directed by Richard Linklater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

I demand Lowtax's magnum opus, Doom House be adapted into a major Holywood motion picture, starring Keith David and Tom Skerritt; directed by Richard Linklater.

What about Mood House?