Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GTi_guy posted:

We need you to tell us more about your time with Mr. Kristensen. How you got the opportunity, where and if this a regular thing for him.

At the annual Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, you can put down a donation to the children's wing of Rigshospitalet (the largest hospital in Denmark, located right next door) and get a couple of laps between the races as a passenger in various track cars and supercars, driven by various racing drivers of some notoriety. R8+TK was the most expensive, but it was so worth it. I got his autograph later the same day and thanked him for the ride, he thanked me for the donation and told me to give his thanks to all the other track constructors as well. He's a pretty cool guy :)

Tom is a fixture of the CHGP, he always competes in the Royal Pro/Am class alongside Prince Joachim and he does loads of PR, including using his connections to get a bunch of international racing drivers to compete. We usually have a bunch of the great old farts of racing taking part, including Emanuele Pirro, Stig Blomqvist and so on.

bidikyoopi posted:

That might be the issue, since TK was probably smooth as butter. I'm sure if you are looking for tail-out, growly downshifts constantly, and four wheel drifts it can do that too with Ken Block in the driver's seat.

He is very smooth, indeed. His braking technique was the most interesting, he kept varying the pressure on the pedal, feeling out where the grip was and keeping it right on the edge the whole time. It was like he was telepathically linked to the brakes, TK don't need no ABS. I'm sure it was just a relaxing drive to him, but it felt right on the edge to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

bidikyoopi posted:

Content: the future of the R8

Do you have any more info about this or a build thread? I wanna hear that thing run.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

bidikyoopi posted:

That might be the issue, since TK was probably smooth as butter. I'm sure if you are looking for tail-out, growly downshifts constantly, and four wheel drifts it can do that too with Ken Block in the driver's seat.

The next R8 will probably be turbocharged, since that platform is being developed for the next Gallardo now. Maybe using the VAG 4.0T at 540-550hp for the base model (completely baseless speculation).

I think the original R8 will go down in history much in the same way the BMW M1 did, in that it was the brand's introduction into the supercar segment. Also it's drop-dead sexy.

Content: the future of the R8

Is that a picture of 8 tiny turbos feeding into a pressure cooker?

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

KozmoNaut posted:

At the annual Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, you can put down a donation to the children's wing of Rigshospitalet (the largest hospital in Denmark, located right next door) and get a couple of laps between the races as a passenger in various track cars and supercars, driven by various racing drivers of some notoriety. R8+TK was the most expensive, but it was so worth it. I got his autograph later the same day and thanked him for the ride, he thanked me for the donation and told me to give his thanks to all the other track constructors as well. He's a pretty cool guy :)

Tom is a fixture of the CHGP, he always competes in the Royal Pro/Am class alongside Prince Joachim and he does loads of PR, including using his connections to get a bunch of international racing drivers to compete. We usually have a bunch of the great old farts of racing taking part, including Emanuele Pirro, Stig Blomqvist and so on.

That's awesome, it sounds like a trip to Copenhagen should be added to the list for one of these summers. Thanks for sharing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Saw this roaming the streets of Anchorage.

And a picture a buddy of mine took when he saw it that same week.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you check under those I suspect you'll find they belong in either Horrible Mechanical Failures or Terrible AI Car poo poo. :stonk:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

The beauty of all wheel drive.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Its what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo it's getting a bit Reddit in here

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
I thought Lamborghini already made aggressive looking cars, but drat!

It's to be unveiled at the Geneva show to celebrate their anniversary. There will be three production examples, at £3.1m each, one in each of the colours of the Italian flag. All three are already spoken for.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Call me crazy but I don't like it. I can't quite put my thumb on why either. I don't like the Italian flag trim especially. It makes sense but it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Call me crazy but I don't like it. I can't quite put my thumb on why either. I don't like the Italian flag trim especially. It makes sense but it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me.

I agree, and the headlights make it look like a Caddy concept car.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

The nose just seems too long.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's awesome & belongs in a good remake of the original death race movie.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

From the door back looks awesome to me, not too keen on the nose but then that could be the iffy scan.

This just makes me want to go play Ridge Racer again with a dynamic drift car. Soldat Raggio all day.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I've seen that nose somewhere even fuglier before:

:gonk:

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I think that looks awesome. t:mad:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A friend's 280Z.

This image might be too big, but...

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
What's with the junk on the hood?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Octopus Magic posted:

The JAF badge, the fog lights, or the truck bed liner?

(Seriously, though, that's the stuntman mike skull-and-lightning bolts from Death Proof; the car was rescued for pennies from a junkyard after a decade or so of sitting, and this is its new life.)

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 4, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

A friend's 280Z.

This image might be too big, but...

Post more of this car.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Octopus Magic posted:

edit: beaten by a million years

Content:

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 4, 2013

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

88h88 posted:

From the door back looks awesome to me, not too keen on the nose but then that could be the iffy scan.

I don't know, is this any better?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

davebo posted:

I don't know, is this any better?

It looks like a Decipticon. It's like the Reventon was 'improved' by a third grader.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

What's the problem again?

That car is loving sick and anyone that doesn't agree has lost the little kid inside of them.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Paul Boz_ posted:

What's the problem again?

That car is loving sick and anyone that doesn't agree has lost the little kid inside of them.

I loving LOVE the 360CS. Probably the only "modern" Ferrari I'd purchase (aside from a 355), and definitely the only way I'd buy a 360.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

I've never seen one in person, but walking around Tampa, FL yesterday I happened to spot this. I have to say it was a religious experience. I knocked on the door, but the owner wasn't home. Oh well.

There are one of these that lives down the street from me, I think it had a for-sale sign on it last month but I don't remember.

:fap:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Post more of this car.

Sure thing! I love his car; he's twentysomething and has been working with first-gen Z cars for years, now, and is an active member of the local community. Check out the triples he just put on today:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Daveh posted:

I thought Lamborghini already made aggressive looking cars, but drat!

It's to be unveiled at the Geneva show to celebrate their anniversary. There will be three production examples, at £3.1m each, one in each of the colours of the Italian flag. All three are already spoken for.

Better photos:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Internet Meme posted:

It's like the Reventon was 'improved' by a third grader.

A perfect Lambo, then.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Quick and Dirty -

Yeah I suck at photoshop, but I think the light would look so much better like that.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 4, 2013

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Not enough LEDs.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
It looks way better in those other pictures than the scan, but I still really don't like a lot about the front end (mainly those weird vent things going on underneath the headlights)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope it's miles faster round a track than a Zonda R at double the price :eyepop:

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Went to the first Breakfast Club of 2013 at Goodwood yesterday. Great turnout, have put some of my better photos up on Flickr. Click the links for more.

DSC_0003 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0026 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0029 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0030 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0039 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0050 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0050 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_0135 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

DSC_000 4_fhdr by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AirRaid posted:

Quick and Dirty -

Yeah I suck at photoshop, but I think the light would look so much better like that.

I think it would look better with a chick in a bikini laying on the bonnet

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

I think it would look better with a chick in a bikini laying on the bonnet

In a calendar on the wall. Above a dual cassette recorder with at least a 3 band equalizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Lambos are supposed to be loving insane. Therefore, this one is the best Lamborghini since the Countach.