Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Is Fear Agent Library Edition V1 already out of print? I ordered it from Amazon in January, and it keeps getting pushed back and now it seems like no one has it in stock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Shawn posted:

Is Fear Agent Library Edition V1 already out of print? I ordered it from Amazon in January, and it keeps getting pushed back and now it seems like no one has it in stock!

It definitely seems like it. Which is balls, because I really wanted to check it out, but I don't have that kind of cash right now.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Karnegal posted:

Oh I agree 100%. I much prefer trades. The only thing I have to send to binding is the full run of Academy X because the trades are impossible to find.

Haha, gently caress, I came in here looking to see if there was any way I was gonna get these for less than the ridiculous prices on Amazon. At least I didn't have to spend much time looking for an answer.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-drops-wtf-and-other-news.html

quote:

Some other DC news of note (or is that notes of news?) from the retailer in attendance: 

DC will collect the Death of the Family storyline in two hardcover volumes later this year. The first book, Batman: Death of the Family, is a 176-page collection of the core story, while Joker: Death of the Family Companion, a 387-page volume, collects all the related tie-ins.

The publisher will offer a Batman: Court of Owls Book & Mask Set later this year, in the tradition of last year’s V for Vendetta Book & Mask Set.

Upcoming DC Omnibus volumes include the DC One Million Omnibus and the Planetary Omnibus, a comprehensive collection of the Warren Ellis/John Cassaday series that will include the core series as well as Planetary: Crossing Worlds.

Also in the works from Vertigo is Vertigo Visions: Frank Quitely, a 144-page hardcover collection of Quitely-illustrated tales; and The Children’s Crusade by Neil Gaiman and others, collecting the Vertigo series in a 416-page hardcover.
Anybody read Children's Crusade?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Profit share check day is the best day

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone read the Grimm Fairy Tales Omnibus? I don't know what this is, but I love fairy tales with a slightly dark twist, like Fables. But looking at the art one Google, it looks like a pervert's wet dream. Anyway, is this good reading material?

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

obi_ant posted:

Anyone read the Grimm Fairy Tales Omnibus? I don't know what this is, but I love fairy tales with a slightly dark twist, like Fables. But looking at the art one Google, it looks like a pervert's wet dream. Anyway, is this good reading material?

I have not read it, but it's terrible. Don't buy it, ever.

Back me up Rhyno.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Anyway, is this good reading material?
Bwahahaha

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

I have not read it, but it's terrible. Don't buy it, ever.

Back me up Rhyno.

Glenn's obviously drunk because GFT are among the best comics being published today.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I am a big fan of fairy tales and folklore, but no. GFT is all the worst parts about comics combined into one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

obi_ant posted:

Anyway, is this good reading material?
It's certainly good material for something, but not reading per se.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I read it when it came out. Only bits of it are by Gaiman. It wouldn't be my first choice for a massive collection but as you'd expect the Gaiman parts are pretty good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you do read GFT and decide you enjoy it, I might recommend a little book called Tarot to you.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

If you do read GFT and decide you enjoy it, I might recommend a little book called Tarot to you.

I'm taking it you're the only one in this thread that has enjoyed the GFT?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

I'm taking it you're the only one in this thread that has enjoyed the GFT?
Either that or I was making a joke. Since no one in their right mind would recommend Tarot.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Endless Mike posted:

Either that or I was making a joke. Since no one in their right mind would recommend Tarot.

Maybe a haunted vagina aficionado.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Internet Wizard posted:

Maybe a haunted vagina aficionado.

So maybe that woman who kept having miscarriages and kept all the fetuses?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kryb?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
This may have been covered but I did a search on the thread and I couldn't find anything. How sturdy is the X-Statix Omni? I sometimes worry about how well the really big Omnibi hold up to actual reading vs. just sitting on shelves.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Karnegal posted:

This may have been covered but I did a search on the thread and I couldn't find anything. How sturdy is the X-Statix Omni? I sometimes worry about how well the really big Omnibi hold up to actual reading vs. just sitting on shelves.

I hear that the binding (glue) really sucks, and over time the cover will fall off of the book. I've personally been reading the book in my bed for the past year or so, and it seems perfectly fine.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I've had the X-Statics since it came out and it's been fine. I hear glue fails more easily in humid places, but New England has treated all my books well.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Karnegal posted:

It's more than fine. All talk about the glue "falling off" or the pages sagging is pure speculation. If you want it, go buy it now while Marvel is blowing them out and you can get a really good deal.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I've got the Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus and I have had no problems with it, and that book is thick as morning dick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I have not had any trouble with the Spider-mam omnibus and the only problem I have with the crossing omnibus is the content.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Glenn Danzig posted:

So I got some books in the mail today....

I know it's been weeks but I meant to ask before did they reprint the Rocketeer Artist Edition or did you just get really lucky?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Glenn Danzig posted:

It's more than fine. All talk about the glue "falling off" or the pages sagging is pure speculation. If you want it, go buy it now while Marvel is blowing them out and you can get a really good deal.

Better than the IST $68.75?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shawn posted:

I know it's been weeks but I meant to ask before did they reprint the Rocketeer Artist Edition or did you just get really lucky?

Reprint

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Karnegal posted:

$56.29

http://talesofwonder.com/product-exec/product_id/66474/sc/147/pn/X-Statix+Omnibus+HC+-+55%25+OFF%21

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm making my way through Volume 1 of the updated Batman: No Man's Land collections, and overall, it's a fantastic presentation, except for 3 stupid things:

1-The 2-page spread map of Gotham seen early on showing who's in charge of what areas is all jacked up--the color key is impossible to read since most of it has been cropped off the page.

2-The table of contents is great; everything is laid out cleanly and has all the credits for each issue-yay. But don't list that Detective Comics #XYZ begins on page 435 when the book has no page numbers.

3-Finding a specific issue is made even more difficult because all the covers are grouped together at the very back of the book instead of before each issue like they should be.

All minor and silly things, and not worth skipping the books entirely for. The paper is great, the color reproduction is spot-on, and I'm looking forward to grabbing the rest of the volumes.

edit: well, some of the Azrael issues look like scans or something, but who cares about those.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Have they condensed the No Man's Land stuff down into fewer trades? Or is it the same number of books with a different spine?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Have they condensed the No Man's Land stuff down into fewer trades? Or is it the same number of books with a different spine?

I don't know how they used to be, but the newest release (which came out during various points of last year) is a 4 volume set.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

4 volumes, all about an inch thick, with more issues that were left out of the original thinner trades. Vol. 1 has ~550 pages I think?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

redbackground posted:

2-The table of contents is great; everything is laid out cleanly and has all the credits for each issue-yay. But don't list that Detective Comics #XYZ begins on page 435 when the book has no page numbers.

The newest Hellblazer and Animal Man trades do this, too. It's annoying as gently caress.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
DC has a history of having all the covers in the back so you really have no idea where one issue ends and one begins. Their trade department really is the worst.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

DC has a history of having all the covers in the back so you really have no idea where one issue ends and one begins. Their trade department really is the worst.
Except that they managed to get it completely right throughout Morrison's Batman collections--bless whoever made those choices. They even include any variant covers right after the "A" cover.

Are they putting covers in the backs of DCNu collections, or before the issue?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 5, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karnegal posted:

Little insider secret, Diamond is blowing out the X-Statix Omni for ELEVEN BUCKS right now because of all the defective inventory.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
If you're looking for Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four, ASM, or Miller's Daredevil omnibi, looks like they're going back in print.

quote:

For now we're going with: Uncanny 1 FF 1 ASM 1 DD. Miller 1 These will start to appear in theJune previews. Those omnis of our fringe characters and events won't yet be going back to press as in many if not most cases these were hard sells to. Begin with. But I never say never...

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/reply/616640/Why-dont-Omnibi-go-back-into-print#reply-616640

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Rhyno posted:

Little insider secret, Diamond is blowing out the X-Statix Omni for ELEVEN BUCKS right now because of all the defective inventory.

Out of ignorance, does that mean anything for people who aren't affiliated with a store? I'm in the midwest for grad school and my local store blows, so I don't buy anything there anymore.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Out of ignorance, does that mean anything for people who aren't affiliated with a store? I'm in the midwest for grad school and my local store blows, so I don't buy anything there anymore.

It means that many stores, usually larger online retailers, will be offering this book for lager than normal discounts. You should be able to find this book for more than 50% off now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

It means that many stores, usually larger online retailers, will be offering this book for lager than normal discounts. You should be able to find this book for more than 50% off now.

Exactly. I was about to order 10 copies but the condition advisory made me reconsider. I mean, 9 of those 10 could come falling apart.