Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Motronic posted:

El Porschamino

Kenshin posted:

I gotta vote wrong thread for this one, it warps beyond awful back into awesome territory.

I also like that it isn't over-done, it looks really utilitarian. Like the pickup bed is actually used.
If I remember correctly, this sort of thing is, or at least was, common in some nordic countries (Denmark?) due to a 350% tax on sports cars, but no such tax on pickup trucks.

There's footage out there of a six-wheeled one, but it doesn't belong in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
From the funny pic thread in PYF.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I see this parked near a house I deliver to sometimes. The licence plate says INTIM8R (I guess INTMD8R was taken?), I guess it's a Dale Earnhardt edition of the Silverado, with Intimidater and SS badges everywhere. I think it's terrible.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Coronet XX posted:

I see this parked near a house I deliver to sometimes. The licence plate says INTIM8R (I guess INTMD8R was taken?), I guess it's a Dale Earnhardt edition of the Silverado, with Intimidater and SS badges everywhere. I think it's terrible.

Its....not very intimidating to say the least.

Apparently, from its license plate, it also has intimacy problems.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Coronet XX posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado#Intimidator_SS

It looks like a legitimate factory truck however.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
For those reading at home who haven't been keepin it real with GM's model lineup, just a reminder that this isn't some crazy aftermarket thing, it was an actual factory special edition truck.

Is anyone keeping a tally of the number of actual factory stock cars from each manufacturer that show up in this thread?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

CommieGIR posted:

Its....not very intimidating to say the least.

Apparently, from its license plate, it also has intimacy problems.

They actually are pretty quick for a truck, and some were AWD, which of course being a GM AWD detonates the second you throw any additional power at it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I can't take an "intimater" plate seriously.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Throatwarbler posted:

For those reading at home who haven't been keepin it real with GM's model lineup, just a reminder that this isn't some crazy aftermarket thing, it was an actual factory special edition truck.

Is anyone keeping a tally of the number of actual factory stock cars from each manufacturer that show up in this thread?

Reminds me of this. My girlfriend and I saw one in passing a few weeks ago, and we both had the same question -- why would you advertise a car movie on your own personal car? (Of course, it had a "FAST5" vanity plate to go with all the badging.) Told a friend about it, and he provided the link.

Edit: Oh wow, this is the exact car we saw. Seems to be one of four made for a sweepstakes. A little tacky or not, good for them for winning one!

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 7, 2013

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Coronet XX posted:

This really intimates what it means to be a Tasdfiaojsdfaoissr 55 in a green Buick or maybe Dodge Intrepid world. It truly is the intimator.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Falkenbok posted:

Wait until you see where the air intakes are.

The FI V12s have an analogue computer in the boot (US: Trunk), which requires a vacuum line run from the intake manifold all the way back. This is the sort of thinking you're up against when you're looking at/trying to make sense of British automobiles.

A vacuum line for a MAP sensor? Not that silly, honestly. Putting the ECU and sensor in the trunk and running a line to it? Pretty bad.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

Jaaaaaaaags. The Mark 2 is my favorite, as well.

Mark 2 trivia: The Mark 2 is also well known as the car driven by fictional TV detective Inspector Morse played by John Thaw, although Morse's car was the least desirable version (with its 2.4 L engine, steel wheels and Everflex vinyl roof). It was often pushed into scenes with engine noises dubbed onto the soundtrack in post-production. :v:

I was overtaken by a mk2 done up in alternating gloss & matte black checks once, driven by a bloke over 60 at 90+mph. Awesome.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I've been helping a coworker find a car for his kid, so I've been looking on craigslist. I found one that was pretty funny.

Still haven't found one for coworker's son though :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

enojy posted:

Reminds me of this. My girlfriend and I saw one in passing a few weeks ago, and we both had the same question -- why would you advertise a car movie on your own personal car? (Of course, it had a "FAST5" vanity plate to go with all the badging.) Told a friend about it, and he provided the link.

Edit: Oh wow, this is the exact car we saw. Seems to be one of four made for a sweepstakes. A little tacky or not, good for them for winning one!

"museum quality"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

I can't take an "intimater" plate seriously.

I read it as IMIT8R

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009

LTBS posted:

I've been helping a coworker find a car for his kid, so I've been looking on craigslist. I found one that was pretty funny.

Best part about this for me is that they think it is EMP resistant, however it totally has an electronic ignition module that would be fried by an EMP rendering it undriveable. :eng99:
Also I suppose it's mildly funny that their supposed "bug-out vehicle" won't start.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Alphius posted:

Also I suppose it's mildly funny that their supposed "bug-out vehicle" won't start.
It will be exactly as useful as it is now after Obama's EMP drones shoot Facebook destroying lasers at his house.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Alphius posted:

C'mon, clearly they haven't worked the bugs out

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Alphius posted:

Best part about this for me is that they think it is EMP resistant, however it totally has an electronic ignition module that would be fried by an EMP rendering it undriveable. :eng99:

I read it as some guy making fun of and/or attempting to profit off of the loony tunes prepper types.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Falkenbok posted:

Wait until you see where the air intakes are.

The FI V12s have an analogue computer in the boot (US: Trunk), which requires a vacuum line run from the intake manifold all the way back. This is the sort of thinking you're up against when you're looking at/trying to make sense of British automobiles.
Sorry, an analogue computer? I need pictures of this thing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Don't some classes of NHRA dragsters still have analogue/fluid-based computers?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Coronet XX posted:

Those double headlights always look loving weird to my European eyes.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LTBS posted:

How many RON PAUL 08 stickers are on the rear end end of that thing, I wonder

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

88h88 posted:

Oh gently caress that thing :psypop:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

No words for this one.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

SaNChEzZ posted:

No words for this one.

I've got two: "wrong thread."

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

SaNChEzZ posted:

No words for this one.

That is amazing and if I had a pickup I'd want that. It'd probably get me in trouble eventually but it'd be so worth it. Unless I get shot.

Endless Mike posted:

They aren't anything special. Sorry to disappoint you. It's just a box of analog electronics instead of digital.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

SaNChEzZ posted:

No words for this one.

Reminds me of this one:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That pickup truck one (taste aside) had me fooled. I was wondering where the hell one could score a Plexiglas tailgate...

It is terrible car stuff. That is also one damned talented airbrush artist.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

It is terrible car stuff. That is also one damned talented airbrush artist.

Looks a lot more like a photo-printed vinyl wrap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It looks to me like it's even done from the viewpoint of a person sitting in a sedan instead of a truck, based on the way the spare tire and bedliner/bedrail don't line up viewing from that height.

Must be pretty realistic from inside a cop car :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

General_Failure posted:

That is amazing and if I had a pickup I'd want that. It'd probably get me in trouble eventually but it'd be so worth it. Unless I get shot.

I'd go a step further and make it a lenticular image, so when the truck moves/turns it looks like the person's struggling

phade
Oct 8, 2006
This poor Porsche showed up in the Japanese auction listings today:

Carrerosa?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

With Volvo tail lights.

Oh, wait...those are 944 tail lights. Same thing.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

phade posted:

This poor Porsche showed up in the Japanese auction listings today:

Carrerosa?

Wrong thread. Wrong thread. WRONG THREAAAD.

It's the 80s in car form.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think it's only terrible to Porsche enthusiasts/because it's a Porsche. Otherwise, if it was supposed to look like that everyone would be :swoon::fh:.

I still like it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I only care for a handful of Porsche designs, but that thing is atrocious.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Endless Mike posted:

Far, far less exciting than you imaginge. D Jetronic and L Jetronic were analog, as well as all the licensed clones of it. Motronic I think started being digital.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

88h88 posted:

Those are turn signals below the headlights.

Also that picture will give me nightmares, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DJ Commie posted:

Motronic I think started being digital.

Yes I did. I mean, it. It did.