Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Myopic posted:

If this works for anyone, could you post which ENB config and version you're using? I still have transparent guns when aiming. :(

Transparency when aiming is a problem that has yet to be solved, I think. My guns are no longer transparent unless I'm aiming, though, and that's a pretty huge boon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can you take a screenshot of this? I'm having trouble visualizing it.

It's pretty difficult to show, because it's most apparent during movement. JPG compression doesn't help.

http://i.imgur.com/WkM3wrl.jpg

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Synastren posted:

Transparency when aiming is a problem that has yet to be solved, I think. My guns are no longer transparent unless I'm aiming, though, and that's a pretty huge boon!

I quite like having a transparent gun when I'm aiming, I find in some situations it actually helps v:shobon:v

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

Synastren posted:

drat. It's really annoying and obvious for me. Hopefully someone fixes it, because AO and detailed shadows are so nice.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

John McCain posted:

Anyone ever encountered and/or been able to resolve a bug where Joshua doesn't properly give you his little speech about "O daughter of Babylon..." as you're leaving the Narrows after talking to Daniel and picking up Waking Cloud? He runs up you, the camera zooms in as though dialog is about to start, but it looks like it doesn't actually trigger the dialog, so the camera zooms right back out again.

Just got this myself, not sure what's causing it so I can't progress in Honest Hearts. Guess I'll try disabling some mods to see if that might clear it up.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

For that part,it will initiate dialog for me but it won't play the audio which is a shame because it looks like it'd be some of Joshua's best lines.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Here's the bug in action. I tried disabling New Vegas Bounties as suggested but that didn't fix it for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puLmeLlf4zs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I took some better screenshots of my issue, look at the fence:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SplitSoul posted:

I took some better screenshots of my issue, look at the fence:

Now I see it. I have no idea what could be causing that problem. You mentioned you disabled transparency AA, but have you played around with the other AA settings?

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Evveron posted:

I just had this bug 10 minutes ago :tinfoil:. I'm also having some problems with npc relations I think, because all of the White Legs are neutral and Cass is hostile to me for some unexplained reason. Is there an easy way to set the slate clean with all factions in terms of having default relations?

Would Evveron and John McCain would be willing to post their load orders from when they encountered the bug here? It'll help me narrow my search for the offending mod.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Capn Beeb posted:

I really like Gtab's ammo mod. It requires Honest Hearts, however:

http://www.zshare.net/download/906417447c92363f/

Hey beeb, the file to make Gtab's ammo mod compatible with the .45 stuff from Honest Hearts seems to be on a dead host. Any chance of a rehost, or has the .esm in the thread's opening been fixed to already include it? :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I think this is the latest build.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

So I guess Nihei Tsutomu designed a gun that fires BBs. good thing there's such a huge supply of them in the game!
Mostly just doing this to teach a guy about making models for FNV. His base low-poly was pretty much perfect, I just needed to make all the fancier things!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Capn Beeb posted:

Thanks, I ended up falling in love with loading ammo after playing around with GRA and was hoping to use this next time through. :shobon:

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Colon Semicolon posted:

So I guess Nihei Tsutomu designed a gun that fires BBs. good thing there's such a huge supply of them in the game!
Mostly just doing this to teach a guy about making models for FNV. His base low-poly was pretty much perfect, I just needed to make all the fancier things!

BB guns have always felt like an afterthought in the Fallout games. They just throw in the customary rifle for your brand new characters, and it takes 4 or 5 shots to kill something as little as a bloatfly or whatever.

It's nice to see some new ideas for making use of them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Chubbs posted:

BB guns have always felt like an afterthought in the Fallout games. They just throw in the customary rifle for your brand new characters, and it takes 4 or 5 shots to kill something as little as a bloatfly or whatever.

It's nice to see some new ideas for making use of them.

The Abilene Kid LE BB Gun isn't totally worthless for a stealth character (really high crit damage, silent by default), but by the time you'll probably get it you'll have more versatile alternatives. But then again, if you don't want to spend any points on Guns it fills a specific niche, and is kind of rad from a roleplaying perspective.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So I've gotten FNV to the point where I can play the game relatively crash free (at least no more CTD) but I'd still like to see if there is anything I can do to make this game more stable. I've included my load order below but aside from that I'm only running the script extender and hi def textures. I haven't tried FNvedit because frankly I have no idea what I'm doing with that program but if anyone has a guide I'd definitely look into it.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
The.Armory.esm
IWR.esm
CHEMS.esm
MoMod.esm
IWS-Core.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
PNxEO MCMScriptFixes.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
Improved Sound FX - Project Nevada.esp
BLTC NV.esp
BLTC NV Immersion Patch.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
ManualReload.esp
Respawning Containers.esp
CHEMS - Benches.esp
CHEMS - Basic Chems.esp
Radar.esp
Bigger Bangs.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
NVCE Main.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
Easy Unlocking and Easy Hacking and Guaranteed Pick Pocket.esp
Respawn6Hours.esp
ThrowMine.esp
ContactFrags.esp
WeaponJamming.esp
K2K9 M18 Claymore Mine.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
EVE FNV.esp
EVE FNV-[GRA Patch for EVE 1.3].esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Immersion.Addon.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
WMX-EVE.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
AAS_Ammo.esp
AAS_DeadMoney.esp
AAS_HonestHearts.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
AAS_OldWorldBlues.esp
AAS_LonesomeRoad.esp
AAS_GunRunnersArsenal.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 79
Total plugins: 88

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Colon Semicolon posted:

This looks awesomely garish, but. . . Fires BBs. Can't be a conformist and fire bigass rounds like everyone else.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

I have a version also labelled as 1.34 with 397 records rather than 389. :confused:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Does anyone have a link to lombard station? The one in the OP doesn't work.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Republican Vampire posted:

Does anyone have a link to lombard station? The one in the OP doesn't work.

I re-uploaded it. My copy is from September 2011 so if anything's changed since then, it won't have!

http://www.mediafire.com/?imc134uego4rcx9

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Joeslop posted:

I re-uploaded it. My copy is from September 2011 so if anything's changed since then, it won't have!

http://www.mediafire.com/?imc134uego4rcx9
The date in the readme puts it before GRA. The mod had a pretty significant overhaul after that for the new ammo types and bombs. Is the readme out of date, or does yours lack GRA support?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Lombard Station Final Release FOMOD

This is what I got in my installed mods folder. I want to say it includes the bugfixes too but others will have to verify that as I've never used it.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

It's got the GRA plugin, so I'll assume it's up to date. Thanks.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49649

Released a VSS Vintorez.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Have I told you how awesome you are?

I know the Armory already did this, but who had the final word on it using .357 Magnum rounds?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I love the details in your textures. If only all those dings and scratches could talk. :allears:

Oddly enough, the ammo clip looking a bit more "flat" and pristine than the rest of the gun is what immediately jumps out at me. It's a really cool little touch.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

I have a version also labelled as 1.34 with 397 records rather than 389. :confused:

Strange... I'd upload your build then :)

:flashfap:

Could you do an FAL sometime?

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Capn Beeb posted:

:flashfap:

Could you do an FAL sometime?

Yeah I'll make one sooner or later, love dem FALs.

Rinkles posted:

I know the Armory already did this, but who had the final word on it using .357 Magnum rounds?

I let Naky handle all that stuff, I just throw models and textures at him and the rest is up to him.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

New Vegas Bounties is a silly mod.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

Here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/biemwkxbj

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Rinkles posted:

.357 is 9x33mm, VSS uses 9x39mm. There are differences between the two's velocities but they both have roughly the same muzzle energy. I could have used 5mm but people bitched the last time I used it, plus it has inherent in-game abilities of ignoring DT. But hey, looks like people are gonna bitch that I used .357 too so I can't win. Quite frankly, ask me if I give a gently caress.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Naky posted:

.357 is 9x33mm, VSS uses 9x39mm. There are differences between the two's velocities but they both have roughly the same muzzle energy. I could have used 5mm but people bitched the last time I used it, plus it has inherent in-game abilities of ignoring DT. But hey, looks like people are gonna bitch that I used .357 too so I can't win. Quite frankly, ask me if I give a gently caress.

If you're referring to me, I wasn't complaining. I was curious about your reasoning because I'm having trouble myself deciding the caliber in my pretend mod-thing (I was going to include three of the 9x39mm STALKER rifles, albeit keeping them rare). I was considering a choice between the 5.56mm (because it's an intermediate round), .45 ACP (because it's subsonic; maybe Soviet infiltrators had their weapons rebarreled to a common US alternative or whatever even if it's a lovely choice for a sniper rifle), 5mm (because it's an underutilized rifle cartridge in the game) and .357 cartridges (for the reasons you outlined). These are perhaps inane thoughts to entertain, especially since I'm trying to favor balance over realism, but the whole thing is a fun little exercise in pedantry.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 14, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

This is loving awesome.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Monicro posted:

New Vegas Bounties is a silly mod.

Is that a glitch or is one of the bounties on Slendamann?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

Make it use 9mm to piss off the :spergin: brigade.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Maybe when you guys throw it into big singular pack I'll do another/redo the ammo master to have more calipers to make some things accurate and do a patch and make things 'accurate'.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
I'm having another run at NV and looking at modding this out. I'm really upset that Mod Organizer doesn't fully work for this. MO made modding Skyrim incredibly easy and actually fun to do.

How up to date is the OP? I know new mods are added to the OP but are any old ones removed? I noticed that there's several mods listed that haven't been updated in a year or more. I just imagine using mods that were created back in 2010 with overhauls and such made this year are bound to give issues. Is Darnified still the go to UI mod? Darn gave up on it quite a while ago and MTUI is dead as well and isn't compatible with some overhauls.

Drevoak fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 15, 2013

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

HitTheTargets posted:

Is that a glitch or is one of the bounties on Slendamann?

Just a glitch, unfortunately. What screenshots don't show is that he spazzed out like that around the whole place before vanishing into the ceiling (but only after doing a full lap around).

Monicro fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Is there any way to spawn individual NPCs as followers/companions? It's shameful that nobody has made a mod specifically to make Boxcars a companion.