Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

Well DeKnight described his next pilot sell as a Halo type setting except with over the top Spartacus style and adult themes.

Anyone got some beta blockers? I'm writhing around in anticipation and I need to slow my heart rate down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

etalian posted:

Well DeKnight described his next pilot sell as a Halo type setting except with over the top Spartacus style and adult themes.

hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Honestly sounds like Halo but with a story that's actually good.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

vyst posted:

From college girl/high school girl? to relatively middle age upper class housewife :staredog: and she's only 27.

In what world does she look middle aged?

(Wait, I guess in a world where people only live to ~55-60. So yeah, I guess you're right in the context of the show)

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Azure_Horizon posted:

Honestly sounds like Halo but with a story that's actually good.

If it's similar to Fall of Reach it would be good, as far as the immoral child soldiering, brainwashing, one-hit instakills from even the most basic weapons, ultraviolence, and general nihilistic hopeless one-sided battles are concerned.

GiantsDrink
Mar 3, 2006
I love the dialog on this show.
From Episode 5 "Blood Brothers
"Soon, we shall throw open gate. And split Roman rear end with cocks, hard of purpose" -Nemetes

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah it's something else.

"Tits, rear end and oval office appear to be without disease or deformity which tells me that the fault is not in the flesh, but in the bitch"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GiantsDrink posted:

"Soon, we shall throw open gate. And split Roman rear end with cocks, hard of purpose" -Nemetes

Doctore still wins the prize for the best cock related comeback burn.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

etalian posted:

Doctore still wins the prize for the best cock related comeback burn.

Er no, it's Batiatus senior:

"You see fit to ram cock in rear end?"

"If I had such desire, you would be split in two."

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GiantsDrink posted:

I hope DeKnight keeps it up for the space marine series

The poetical language really brings the program together

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'm currently in Las Vegas and every time I see Caesar's Palace I think of Brad Caesar owning it. He would tear poo poo up in there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm currently in Las Vegas and every time I see Caesar's Palace I think of Brad Caesar owning it. He would tear poo poo up in there.

Brad Caesar would open up a sports bar called Cuntworld, featuring naked women lounging around eating grapes and whatnot.

If he approaches you and asks you to partake in said oval office(s), DO NOT SAY NO.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
need a kickstarter funded Gannicus prequel, when he was a free man. fighting, drinking and loving.

I'd watch that.

no homo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So pretty much Spartacus is going to end and then at some point Be Here Now is going to follow it up semi soonish. What a horribly depressing way to go out.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
What are the numbers being portrayed in the show for both sides? I'm also not up on my history of the subject, so i'm curious how large the scale has gotten.

I really wish for a continuation of this of Roman politics. Of course with a reincarnated Senator Batiatus.

GrunZicle
May 7, 2008
This new marine show should just keep the entire Spartacus cast, but also bring back Batiatus, Ilithyia and Lucretia. Keep the same names and just be "Future Spartacus" where they actually destroy some galactic empire.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

GrunZicle posted:

This new marine show should just keep the entire Spartacus cast, but also bring back Batiatus, Ilithyia and Lucretia. Keep the same names and just be "Future Spartacus" where they actually destroy some galactic empire.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Spartacus: 2486 AD

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

GrunZicle posted:

I think it's safe to say that we'd all be down to watch this entire cast go through literally any period in history. Bonus points if they're just inexplicably still dressed in their Spartacus costumes.

John Adams was pretty good, but how much better would it be with Spartacus characters instead?

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

VDay posted:

Bonus points if they're just inexplicably still dressed in their Spartacus costumes.

If science fiction has taught me anything its that all female characters in the future wear clothing so skin-tight you can make out the wrinkles in their corn hole.

Don't know what costumes for the males will look like.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Science posted:

Don't know what costumes for the males will look like.

This is pretty much what I've been picturing since hearing about DeKnight wanting to make a Halo TV show:

You welcome for the free promotion poster, Starz :colbert:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

VDay posted:

I think it's safe to say that we'd all be down to watch this entire cast go through literally any period in history. Bonus points if they're just inexplicably still dressed in their Spartacus costumes.

John Adams was pretty good, but how much better would it be with Spartacus characters instead?

The last episode is everyone travels through a portal going through time leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

calandryll posted:

The last episode is everyone travels through a portal going through time leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

Ugh now you're making me sad thinking about the ending to Quantum Leap. :qq:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Spartacus 40k

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Science posted:

I'm pretty sure that at some point Caesar will get Gannicus a Roman passport with the name Marc Anthony on it. Then they go and steal all the women in the world.

I am hoping for this so hard. Brad Caesar needs to get with the brogram. I really hope they have a scene with Caesar insisting Gannicus cuts and dyes his hair and, when Gannicus straightens up, has suddenly turned into James Purefoy.

That said, what happened to all the penis on this show? Dude playing Caesar is coy as hell with all his clearly naked but upper torso shots. I thought people were hired using the following questions:

Any problems with nudity, yes/no?

If no, why the gently caress do you want to be on this show?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

VDay posted:

Nah, they have to wear future clothes, and then have some sort of holodeck/simulation episode where they relive this exact period is history. Bonus points for having characters switch roles relative to Spartacus, and playing it perfectly straight.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Nah, they have to wear future clothes, and then have some sort of holodeck/simulation episode where they relive this exact period is history. Bonus points for having characters switch roles relative to Spartacus, and playing it perfectly straight.

John Hannah as Spartacus. Liam McIntyre as Glaber. Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Gannicus.

The other thing I would be down for is having the cast completely switch genres and make like a medical or legal drama, except they're entering the courtroom/operating room still decked out in full gladiator attire and throwing in as many memorable lines as possible. Everybody else in the show is dressed completely normally and nobody comments on this.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

Scuzzywuffit posted:

The other thing I would be down for is having the cast completely switch genres and make like a medical or legal drama, except they're entering the courtroom/operating room still decked out in full gladiator attire and throwing in as many memorable lines as possible. Everybody else in the show is dressed completely normally and nobody comments on this.

"The Patient is mired in PISS and poo poo and you talk of HMO's? We must spread cheek and ram home endoscope, and seize polyps this day!"

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Chef Bromden posted:

"The Patient is mired in PISS and poo poo and you talk of HMO's? We must spread cheek and ram home endoscope, and seize polyps this day!"

Dr. Gannicus, Chief of Surgery at Capua General Hospital, is giving an informational interview to a premed student from a local college.

"There is only one way to become Chief of Surgery: never loving lose...

...a patient."

The student shifts in his seat and tugs at his ill-fitting suit, visibly uncomfortable.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
Now I'm just imagining him double wielding scalpels while the camera zooms in in slow motion on the patient's gallbladder.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Blood drips down from a botched operation, my insurance rages on, my insurance rages on!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They should do what American Horror Story does and mix up the roles and time periods every year!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Rewatched the last episode and it's amazing how the operatic theme basically shifts to Pirates of the Caribbean for a few moments when it becomes clear that Gannicus is safe.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I like how the Roman winter-warfare attire consists of throwing fur over the shoulders, while still leaving all extremities exposed, so that muscles can be seen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

limeincoke posted:

I like how the Roman winter-warfare attire consists of throwing fur over the shoulders, while still leaving all extremities exposed, so that muscles can be seen.

It's winter warfare fashion by the way of Kate Upton.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

limeincoke posted:

If there's one thing the Romans and Nazis did right, it was having an army of steez.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SaltLick posted:

If there's one thing the Romans and Nazis did right, it was having an army of steez.

Freezing to death in style.

VampiricGiraffe
Feb 5, 2012

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Dr. Gannicus, Chief of Surgery at Capua General Hospital, is giving an informational interview to a premed student from a local college.

"There is only one way to become Chief of Surgery: never loving lose...

...a patient."

The student shifts in his seat and tugs at his ill-fitting suit, visibly uncomfortable.

The best part would be Gannicus' intro scene from gods of the arena, where he runs up a wall, jams both scalpels into/leaves them sticking out of the surgical bed, fucks around in the patients chest cavity with his bare hands, somersaults twice to retrieve his scalpels, and then deftly finishes up the surgery.

Edit: also including Crixus's constant jumping/yelling/front-kicking in a surgical context somehow

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

VampiricGiraffe posted:

The best part would be Gannicus' intro scene from gods of the arena, where he runs up a wall, jams both scalpels into/leaves them sticking out of the surgical bed, fucks around in the patients chest cavity with his bare hands, somersaults twice to retrieve his scalpels, and then deftly finishes up the surgery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XkTIYhQC8

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/18/incursion-steven-s-deknight-interview

"Imagine Blackhawk Down on another planet."

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
sounds loving amazing... somebody give this guy a blank cheque book.

Gannicus in space!

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 15, 2013

• Locked thread