Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

xamphear posted:

That was awesome.

I just added season 17 (empty for now, since all we know is that episode 1 is going to be a Disney game). Also uploaded my matching coverart image for it. I actually created coverarts up through season 20. I figured why not be optimistic about it.

Just checked it out. Nice Job! Where did you get all the air dates for the regular episodes?

Info you should add. Air day is Thursdays. Also, link to the official page at FujiTV.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/gamecenter/index.html

joek0 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

ImpAtom posted:

It's completely true. Keep in mind that the J-Pop band AKB48 sung the Sugar Rush theme so they're probably banking on that to attract attention.

It's a little silly, but if this is what it takes to get asses in theater seats, then "Sugar Rush," it is.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

joek0 posted:

Just checked it out. Nice Job! Where did you get all the air dates for the regular episodes?

Info you should add. Air day is Thursdays. Also, link to the official page at FujiTV.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/gamecenter/index.html
thetvdb is a lot like a wiki on the back end. A lot of the edits come from all over the place. I've just been adding to what was already there. Half the time when I go to add in a new episode, someone else already has added it. I've been tidying up some of the episode titles, especially in the "Specials" as well as just whipping up some simple coverart for all the seasons. One day when I'm really (REALLY) bored I'll go through and make episode thumbnails for as many as I can. I think there's only episode thumbs for the first couple seasons.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

univbee posted:

Movie titles are my litmus test to find out how much the localization team gave a poo poo about what they were doing, especially when the title employs a play on words of some kind or some kind of reference to an expression or other things; a good translation can bring new layers and perspective and, when it's done well, leaves me feeling like I had a richer overall experience. It's a similar kick to watching a movie with a good commentary in some cases. I try to watch translations I can understand as much as possible, especially if the movie/TV Show/Video game is originally in a language I don't understand, since different translations can have different perspectives on particular things (or it can clue you in that one of the translations is based off the other and a weaker 2nd+ generation translation). Japan is really big on referencing Japanese media as much as possible; Napoleon Dynamite was called "Bus Otoko" to capitalize on the recent popularity of "Densha Otoko" at the time, earlier in this thread (or maybe the previous one, it was a while ago) we had a conversation about "My Neighbor Seinfeld".

Totally unrelated to Japan, but I remember reading that every Mel Brooks film is renamed as "Springtime for [x]" in Sweden as a reference to "Springtime for Hitler", the translation of the Swedish title for "The Producers". Always found that kinda odd.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

univbee posted:

Movie titles are my litmus test to find out how much the localization team gave a poo poo about what they were doing

For the longest time, it seemed like every french version of an action or thriller film would be called "Dangerous Games" "Deadly Game" "Forbidden Passion" "Forbidden Game" "Dangerous Passion" etc. I swear the people doing the translation would just slap a variation of that title onto anything, regardless of the movie's content.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Lurdiak posted:

For the longest time, it seemed like every french version of an action or thriller film would be called "Dangerous Games" "Deadly Game" "Forbidden Passion" "Forbidden Game" "Dangerous Passion" etc. I swear the people doing the translation would just slap a variation of that title onto anything, regardless of the movie's content.

This doesn't have anything to do with GCCX but I've always wanted to make a game where I name all the spells after foreign titles for The Young and The Restless.

I CAST FIRES OF LOVE. OH NO, THEY COUNTERED WITH WIND OF LIES!!!

Zidago
Sep 8, 2012

I've never been in a fight before, yet why do I always think I can probably take everyone else down.
I am a huge fan of GCCX and absolutely fell in love with the arcade visit segments, particularly the music.
I went out of my way to get the music theme from Hiwou War Chronicles and decided to edit it down to under 30 seconds for my phone's ring tone.
Since I know none of you live in the same town as I do, there is no risk of bumping into someone with the same ring.
Here is a mediafire link of the mp3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g352tr89g82xx9m

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
the announcement is about streaming apparently, disappointed I wanted a new DVD

quote:

Yuko here. Sorry guys for waiting, I thought I can announce pretty soon, but still waiting to hear from our US distributor. Ts is about VOD streaming. Please be a bit patient. I am tracking down.
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=499267730131659&id=183607395031029

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.

bpc908 posted:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=499267730131659&id=183607395031029

Streaming can lead to DVDs. I'm just hoping it's not Hulu.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Shingen posted:

Streaming can lead to DVDs. I'm just hoping it's not Hulu.

I hope it's Crunchyroll and not netflix since some countries don't have access to it

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

bpc908 posted:

Oh, it's YOU who won't stop complaining on the Facebook page, isn't it? Be happy that anything at all in the US is moving forward, you sound like an ungrateful slob.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

Oh, it's YOU who won't stop complaining on the Facebook page, isn't it? Be happy that anything at all in the US is moving forward, you sound like an ungrateful slob.

Me wanting to give them money is considered complaining?

VanV
May 13, 2004

Not this year.
I just discovered this show today. It's great!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Having it on streaming services only increases the chances of more episodes getting an official English release.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I always have been weary of Streaming services, how much of the money from the streaming services do the companies who make the show actually get?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This thread has been really hostile over the last few weeks.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

bpc908 posted:

Me wanting to give them money is considered complaining?

There's no :ironicat: big enough for you considering that when you first started posting in this thread you complained endlessly about the DVD set that's currently available.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

bpc908 posted:

I always have been weary of Streaming services, how much of the money from the streaming services do the companies who make the show actually get?

More than when you torrent it.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Grawl posted:

More than when you torrent it.

I mean as apposed if you were to buy a physical DVD of the episodes

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

bpc908 posted:

I mean as apposed if you were to buy a physical DVD of the episodes

Still more than when you torrent it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Hopefully this can lead to more DVDs down the road, but even in not, WOOOOO! More official English GCCX is the best thing

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
If Fuji TV thinks it can get more viewers (and maybe more revenue-none of us know how they are compensated) with streaming as opposed to DVDs, and they may be right considering their audience, then it sounds good to me. I hope they offer the full product, extra segments and all!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kibe can't keep up the lies, this is all him attempting to pave the way for streamed live challenges so he doesn't have to say twitter every time.

(This is not a serious post)

For real though it's probably just gonna be the DVD eps that are already on smaller VOD services showing up on a more mainstream one, or more than one. Unfortunately, those are the dubbed versions, so hopefully they'll at least include both as an option where possible.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 18, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

UP AND ADAM posted:

If Fuji TV thinks it can get more viewers (and maybe more revenue-none of us know how they are compensated) with streaming as opposed to DVDs, and they may be right considering their audience, then it sounds good to me. I hope they offer the full product, extra segments and all!

I still think it's going to apply the same as the DVDs where we won't have the extra segments.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

GidgetNomates posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with GCCX but I've always wanted to make a game where I name all the spells after foreign titles for The Young and The Restless.

I CAST FIRES OF LOVE. OH NO, THEY COUNTERED WITH WIND OF LIES!!!
This is already the best RPG idea ever, keep me posted on that. :haw:

"I SEND YOU TO THE ABYSS! SHADOWS OF THE PASSION!"

Also I have no idea what to say on all of GCCX, I just watch whatever you guys translate...most of it anyways :ohdear: you guys rock so much.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
It's pretty embarrassing how hostile this thread has been lately to anyone who acts anything other then gushingly positive about everything GCCX. It's almost as difficult to read as the drive-by :goonsay: nitpicking that crops up every now and then about the DVD and/or localization "issues".

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

bpc908 posted:

I still think it's going to apply the same as the DVDs where we won't have the extra segments.

Yeah, probably. Then I hope it's Netflix or free on Crunchyroll, or well I guess we'll see where it lands.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

For reference, Fuji's own on-demand site in Japan offers the DVD versions of GCCX.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The saddest thing about this whole thread is that now I assume people with smug arino avatars are (unreasonable) jerks.

I'm so sorry smug-arino people.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

The saddest thing about this whole thread is that now I assume people with smug arino avatars are (unreasonable) jerks.

I'm so sorry smug-arino people.

you don't think I'm an unreasonable jerk do you? :smith:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Caitlin posted:

The difference is that those of outside the US can't import streaming like we can DVDs so something like official VoD for the series basically kills it for everyone who isn't lucky enough to be :911:.

But you know, whatever, ungrateful slob.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Box of Bunnies posted:

The difference is that those of outside the US can't import streaming like we can DVDs so something like official VoD for the series basically kills it for everyone who isn't lucky enough to be :911:.

But you know, whatever, ungrateful slob.

Does it really? Why can't the series be available both as DVDs and via VOD services?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does it really? Why can't the series be available both as DVDs and via VOD services?

It can, but until we see evidence that it will I think calling people wanting it to do so "ungrateful slobs" is unfair. But I guess instead of trying to make some noise and draw attention to the fact that English speaking fans worldwide want to be able to support the show, we should just be quiet and "be happy that anything at all in the US is moving forward."

Perhaps my original post should have read "so something like future official localisations for the series being VoD-only basically kills it for everyone who isn't lucky enough to be :911:"

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 18, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I seriously have no idea what it is that you are trying to say.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mister Chief posted:

I seriously have no idea what it is that you are trying to say.

He's saying that if Retro Game Master was to go VOD-only it'd cause problems for people who can't access [VOD service X] in their country, which is true, but there's been no suggestion whatsoever that this is gonna happen so I don't see why people are so worried.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The conversation is seriously not that difficult to follow. Box of Bunnies was talking about this choice quote:

quote:

Be happy that anything at all in the US is moving forward, you sound like an ungrateful slob.

Which is literally arrogant_american.txt and a ridiculous attitude to have.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Agreed. I prefer DVD over all but I would rather see it on Netflix than Crunchyroll for one reason: Crunchyroll is niche, Netflix is mainstream. The more people I introduce GameCenter CX to, the more people love it. I'm guessing most of us would like the show to be available to the widest possible audience and that would be to have it pop up on every Netflix streaming dashboard.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

InsaneDavid posted:

Agreed. I prefer DVD over all but I would rather see it on Netflix than Crunchyroll for one reason: Crunchyroll is niche, Netflix is mainstream. The more people I introduce GameCenter CX to, the more people love it. I'm guessing most of us would like the show to be available to the widest possible audience and that would be to have it pop up on every Netflix streaming dashboard.

The only downside is not everyone can get netflix

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
GCCX is a series about love but it makes some people in this thread absolutely bitter.

I'm all for any kind of western releases for GCCX and if I can watch the series legitly and show my appreciation by pushing money in FujiTV way, all the better. For VOD services, there are always ways to get around stupid regional barriers in a legit manner so Netflix et al release would not be the end of the world.

But please allow discussion about GCCX without gushing positivity too. Asshats can be ignored and I haven't seen a single one on this thread (although the bitterness borders on such).

edit:

bpc908 posted:

The only downside is not everyone can get netflix

The point is, a lot of people can. Which is better for the series' western releases anywhere if it gathers enough views on such VOD services.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
As long as I can actually watch it legally (the UK is people too, guys) I really don't care where it streams.

I'd just like to watch the show the way that gives the production company money.