Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

Some of you guys must not have seen much old WW II movies/propgaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuMs5Trf9DU

:staredog:

VogeGandire posted:

Nippon does mean "Japan", but "nip" is definitely a malicious racial slur.

I mean, it's clearly just Meltz loving up, but it's a pretty big gently caress-up.

You learn something every day. Like sixty year old racial slurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Punchsport Podcast this week was pretty drat funny, what with all that Real Talk about the man who invented tag team wrestling. Good job dudes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers is now on iTunes! After two years, I finally got my crew on there, thanks to webmaster Dave giving me the key.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Goog posted:

Well, umm...here:

It's episode TEN of the TEN COUNT! I say twelve at the beginning because I'm dumb and can't count. Our topics:

1. "USA" chants against Alberto Del Rio
2. Triple H's career on the line at WrestleMania
3. Booker T's going into the Hall of Fame...now?
4. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Mike Quackenbush
6. What guys would benefit from having a "hook" in their theme song?
7. Make Tank Abbott a superstar in WCW circa 2000
8. What are your favorite/least favorite WrestleMania moments/angles?
9. What's your favorite B-show PPV?
10. What two guys would you like to see thrown into a tag team?

If we didn't get to your question, don't worry; we'll (probably) get to it on a future episode. Keep them coming!

I found this podcast via the Drum and Bass tag. Please add more drums. And bass.

But really though, good stuff. I hope Chikara comes to my town soon so I can put on a lucha mask and trawl through Craigslist postings for shriveled dick connoisseurs.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
After the tag team talk on this week's Ten Count I would like to know from the Ten Count Crew:

Who are your favorite tag teams of all-time?
What are your favorite tag matches?

You could also ask who are your least favorite tag teams of all-time and least favorite tag matches, but those are both aplenty nowadays with how tag team wrestling has been neglected in certain promotions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You know what makes Karl Stern a National Treasure? Respect for law and order. As a cop he's one to follow the rules. That's why he always informs you of the structure of his show, and that's why he follows the rules he sets in place. If he reads off a question about Godzilla he's not going to answer it unless Godzilla comes up on the Off Topic Roulette. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRayPer posted:

You know what makes Karl Stern a National Treasure? Respect for law and order. As a cop he's one to follow the rules. That's why he always informs you of the structure of his show, and that's why he follows the rules he sets in place. If he reads off a question about Godzilla he's not going to answer it unless Godzilla comes up on the Off Topic Roulette. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Wrestling Podcasts - Karl Stern is a Man of Integrity

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The Punchsport Podcast this week was pretty drat funny, what with all that Real Talk about the man who invented tag team wrestling. Good job dudes.

I enjoyed their talk about mike quackensacks terrible small package and how we should all laugh at him when he busts out his small package

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Pretty good podcast other than MRP being creepy about Mike Quackenbush.

Also bring back jape he was good last week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone else listen to the PWPonderings podcasts? I burned through my backlog of podcasts and subscribed to PWPonderings to find something to get me through the day at work and oh my loving god this guy's lisp. It's what I imagine Kevin Dunn sounds like

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Today's Lance show rules. Takin' all the champagne, turnin' down all the sex.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Really enjoyed Hillbilly Jim on this week's Art of Wrestling, surprisingly upbeat and positive guy. Kind of refreshing to hear a veteran who isn't remotely bitter and still loves the business. It's obvious he shares that old school mentality that wrestlers today work too hard/fast, but he is quick to compliment everything that impresses him about current wrestling as well.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The337th posted:

Really enjoyed Hillbilly Jim on this week's Art of Wrestling, surprisingly upbeat and positive guy. Kind of refreshing to hear a veteran who isn't remotely bitter and still loves the business. It's obvious he shares that old school mentality that wrestlers today work too hard/fast, but he is quick to compliment everything that impresses him about current wrestling as well.

He's younger than I thought, but still gotta give kudos to him simply for being a 60 year old big man wrestler who's alive and well.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
After Dark is back!!!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Granny's snicker after talking about fortune telling made my week.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"... so then I discovered Sting and the Ultimate Warrior and had a development deal with the WWF but I don't want to bore people..."

God this guy is so frustrating!

edit: And I'd never heard of Power Team USA and he was like "WELL YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hillbilly Jim should be upbeat and positive, the dude was fuckin' savvy. He knew his time in the WWF was long past up and transferred to an office role before becoming a headliner in high school gyms in front of 35 people for $50

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hold on to your butts, the new Punchsport Podcast may be the best ever.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

weekly font posted:

You got Banjo on~?!? :neckbeard:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave: "He stole the "what's my name" thing from Muhammad Ali."
Bryan: "I thought it was Rumpelstiltskin! :colbert:"

And then Davebot 3000 completely ignored the joke and just kept trying to remember who Ali was fighting.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed "I'm not used to Triple H being short and to the point!"

also, some people getting Dave'd on the board.

quote:

The level of embarrassment this story has left wrestling fans and some wrestling "reporters" with is immense.

If you think the role of a heel is to get his company put out of business, then yes, that's exactly what a heel should do.

My belief is the role of a good heel is to increase business, but I grant you that is a dated idea since the way wrestling is booked renders that very difficult.

So I'll just settle for the idea that a good heel tries to keep his company from going out of business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They just posted an interview with Chris Jericho.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The new episode of OSWReview, Rumble '92, I'm assured is coming this week.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRanTer posted:

They just posted an interview with Chris Jericho.

And a show with Nick Jackson coming up this week too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

LordPants posted:

I enjoyed "I'm not used to Triple H being short and to the point!"

also, some people getting Dave'd on the board.

What story is this?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

More people saying Bully Ray's use of human being was perfectly fine for a heel to say.

To rapidly shift topics, between Konnan and now Dave's show, Jericho has been interviewing where active stars never do. I wonder if that's in his contract or talent relations just doesn't care anymore?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I reckon he'd have a deal in place that allows him to do outside stuff. Or he just doesn't care, one or the other.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Jericho has always been fairly open about doing what he wants, WWE be damned, since he made his first comeback. I believe they were mad he negotiated the deal to host Wipeout without involving them, but the guy is successful enough to dictate his own terms. He's an "independent contractor," if you will. More power to him.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Arbite posted:

More people saying Bully Ray's use of human being was perfectly fine for a heel to say.

To rapidly shift topics, between Konnan and now Dave's show, Jericho has been interviewing where active stars never do. I wonder if that's in his contract or talent relations just doesn't care anymore?

I was definitely surprised that he talked about not wanting to work with Fandango as openly as he did given the feud just started. It's kind of surprising too since he doesn't normally seem like the type of guy who would demand a top spot or a better match on the card. Although his concern could be that he's worried it's the type of match that would get tossed on the preshow. I would think though that Jericho would realize at this point he's the perfect guy to open the PPV with. It didn't sound like he was concerned about jobbing either. I think maybe he was hoping to be involved with the Shield or something a little hotter. Still it's very interesting/shocking that he would come on and go "Yeah, I bitched and moaned at having to work with this guy in the program I'm currently in.".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He's almost certainly got a clause written into his contract so he can do outside stuff, considering he's still got a band to promote too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I was definitely surprised that he talked about not wanting to work with Fandango as openly as he did given the feud just started.

Huh, that is surprising to hear. Guess it shows how much of a pro he is, because I had the feeling he was actually liking working with the guy since he seemed pretty enthusiastic.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

weekly font posted:

Is there a link to it somewhere I missed?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
What puzzles me is that Johnny Curtis had a good story out of the gate to push him to the midcard if they wanted to use it, and they didn't, but now he has a preliminary guy gimmick and is seemingly in the midcard now with it, wrestling Jericho at Wrestlemania.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Memento1979 posted:

It's probably coming soon, I just guest spot and ruin entire episodes.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

PaybackJack posted:

I was definitely surprised that he talked about not wanting to work with Fandango as openly as he did given the feud just started. It's kind of surprising too since he doesn't normally seem like the type of guy who would demand a top spot or a better match on the card. Although his concern could be that he's worried it's the type of match that would get tossed on the preshow. I would think though that Jericho would realize at this point he's the perfect guy to open the PPV with. It didn't sound like he was concerned about jobbing either. I think maybe he was hoping to be involved with the Shield or something a little hotter. Still it's very interesting/shocking that he would come on and go "Yeah, I bitched and moaned at having to work with this guy in the program I'm currently in.".

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but all the talk when Jericho came back was that he was going to feud with Ryback, who Jericho had been a big proponent of on Twitter. If he came back just to put a certain guy over, and it got switched a few weeks out, I can see why Jericho might not be too happy.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Memento1979 posted:

It might be up late late tonight or tomorrow.

I promise Me and KFG don't just gloss over VGCW!!! <--- 10 count topic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hearing Dave try to analyze Robot Combat League was the highlight of the year to date.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but all the talk when Jericho came back was that he was going to feud with Ryback, who Jericho had been a big proponent of on Twitter. If he came back just to put a certain guy over, and it got switched a few weeks out, I can see why Jericho might not be too happy.

Yeah, taking this into consideration I could see why he'd be irritated he went from "Help put over the #2 face in the company" to "Put over Vince's Funny Gimmick for March 2013".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldskool posted:

Yeah, taking this into consideration I could see why he'd be irritated he went from "Help put over the #2 face in the company" to "Put over Vince's Funny Gimmick for March 2013".

I think you nailed it. I'm sure he'd come back regardless, but Jericho has done pretty much everything in his career, but he's never been given the chance to make a guy. He's never had a Flair/Sting or a Savage/DDP, that one match you look back on and go "That match made that guy." If Ryback became the next big star we'd look back on WM 29 and go "Jericho made that dude." I don't even mean it as an ego thing, he's someone who does want to give back to the business and making new guys is the way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jericho probably wants to put young guys over, but he also doesn't want to work for anyone but WWE and those two things could not possibly be further apart.

• Locked thread