Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ9TK-Urz5c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Guernsey are now streaming their games if you want to see the fa vase semi final live from Footes Lane. Over christmas the weather was poo poo and a combination of poo poo english pitches, the airport being closed and a poo poo home pitch in conjuction with cup runs in the Vase and the League cup meant they have been busy lads.

The coolest part is they are pushing for a second straight promotion, not bad for a team that only came into existance last year. The team is funded by the local government convincing the banks and financial institutions (for those unaware Guernsey is a tax haven) that the island needs a way for young talented footballers to get competitive experience without having to move off the island like the most famous son Matt 'oh you like football have you heard of' Le Tissier.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tbp posted:

http://www.givemefootball.com/335711-video-totti-pulls-off-spectacular-backheel-pass-before-scoring-landmark-goal?tg=uefa%20cl

This is unbelievable. Totti still is so class, he's having a great season. Also, became the second highest scorer in Serie A history in this match.

It's a ridiculous pass for sure. He scored on a free kick for the record breaking goal, and earlier in the match he bounced a free kick off of the crossbar and the post all in one motion. He's still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rld9M0f42CA

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah don't bother with a replay let's see some Roma players jogging :rant:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Breath Ray posted:

Yeah don't bother with a replay let's see some Roma players jogging :rant:

20 seconds in.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Conceding via a low free kick is probably the most humiliating way to do it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

BEES?!

Inspiration : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zO_DV09QE

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Ninpo posted:

I watched Yeovil v Swindon last night, League 1 fixture and that pitch looked bloody terrible, I shudder to think what those used even further down the leagues are like.
As a fan of stuttering League 2 side Port "The Valiants" Vale I can tell you that they're bad. Real bad. The sad thing is that our pitch is pretty lovely but other sides in the league make it look like a bowling green.

This is obviously a general statement, I'm sure there are a few good pitches floating around the league I just can't remember any off the top of my head.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Redundant posted:

As a fan of stuttering League 2 side Port "The Valiants" Vale I can tell you that they're bad. Real bad. The sad thing is that our pitch is pretty lovely but other sides in the league make it look like a bowling green.

This is obviously a general statement, I'm sure there are a few good pitches floating around the league I just can't remember any off the top of my head.

Is it just too much rain being a problem with not enough drainage, or are teams practicing and playing games on it constantly? Or all of the above?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Redundant posted:

When you beat us on Saturday, our pitch was a loving embarrassment. Why we allowed Gateshead to play Kidderminster on there the other day is anyone's guess.

gently caress football.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Is it just too much rain being a problem with not enough drainage, or are teams practicing and playing games on it constantly? Or all of the above?
For some I imagine training on the pitch adds to the problem but Vale have a dedicated training ground so that isn't the problem here. I think the main issue is just cost, maintaining a top level playing surface requires the right equipment combined with man hours and expertise. All of those things cost and a lot of teams in the lower league are struggling to make ends meet. If you have to decide between keeping a player or having a nice pitch there's only going to be one winner really. Add in the cost of relaying a pitch and you end up with the current situation, teams that can't afford to maintain their pitch properly throughout the season try to fix it up over the summer but there's only so much you can do. I used to volunteer and help out and there was only a couple of actual groundsmen working at the club and I'm pretty sure they were part time. The gear was old and not really up to nick, it was also the kind of stuff you could buy from B&Q.

So yeah, like almost everything in football right now the problem is money.

britishbornandbread posted:

When you beat us on Saturday, our pitch was a loving embarrassment. Why we allowed Gateshead to play Kidderminster on there the other day is anyone's guess.

gently caress football.
The worst part is that I'm not even convinced that's the worst pitch I've seen this year. I'm amazed there haven't been more injuries caused by some of the quagmires I've been to.

Since this is the picture thread have some shots of my beloved Vale Park

The pitch in good shape.

An aerial shot because they're cool.

A shot of the half finished Lorne Street stand, it's been like that for years now.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

loving France.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Having practically the wettest and shittest year on record last year hasn't helped, just look at the state of Old Trafford which normally makes it between renewals with ease. Diminished sunlight, gently caress loads of rain and a bollock load of freezing weather has given most groundsmen hell.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Redundant posted:

Non-league Stockport County now have a pretty awesome pitch after Sale Sharks finally hosed off with their egg chasing fuckery.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Non-league Stockport County now have a pretty awesome pitch after Sale Sharks finally hosed off with their egg chasing fuckery.

They have plenty of other problems though

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah like being based in Stockport.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

The Croc posted:

They have plenty of other problems though

Yeah, very true :(

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

Redundant posted:

For some I imagine training on the pitch adds to the problem but Vale have a dedicated training ground so that isn't the problem here. I think the main issue is just cost, maintaining a top level playing surface requires the right equipment combined with man hours and expertise. All of those things cost and a lot of teams in the lower league are struggling to make ends meet. If you have to decide between keeping a player or having a nice pitch there's only going to be one winner really. Add in the cost of relaying a pitch and you end up with the current situation, teams that can't afford to maintain their pitch properly throughout the season try to fix it up over the summer but there's only so much you can do. I used to volunteer and help out and there was only a couple of actual groundsmen working at the club and I'm pretty sure they were part time. The gear was old and not really up to nick, it was also the kind of stuff you could buy from B&Q.

So yeah, like almost everything in football right now the problem is money.

The other problem with the pitch at the Vale is terrible drainage as pretty much all of Boslem is built on top of awesome clay.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Breath Ray posted:

I dunno, giving their manager's job to Ian Bogie is a good shout. Decent manager at their level.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Giving the managers job to big racist Jim Gannon was a bad decision in the first place though.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Breath Ray posted:

I've been to the hat museum in Stockport

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The greatest the footballer, the shittier the tattoos?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

On a par with this idiot

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Suarez cracking jokes at a press conference:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

hecko posted:

For those that might not know what this is, Messi got a tattoo of his son's hands / name.

Though I guess it isn't that hard to figure out with the watermark...

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

This seems like a really inconvenient time to get a tattoo on his calf to be perfectly honest. As a defender it's almost stupid not to give him a cheeky kick and see how tender it is.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That's a really nice floor.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I don't know, the apartment looks like a bathhouse with that kind of floor.
http://www.ole.com.ar/messi/fotos-tatuaje-Messi_5_886161378.html

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

It turned out that wasn't genuine. Still City fans should be banned from tattoo's because of that oval office Ninpo posted.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Pretend I posted the Leeds tattoo guy. You know the one. That's me in real life

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Noel Hunt's back is the worst thing I've ever seen...

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Smiley Face posted:

Hahaha that's heinous

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Smiley Face posted:

I posted that in the terrible tattoos thread. The replies were... predictable.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

El Hefe posted:

For those that might not know what this is, Messi got a tattoo of his son's hands / name.

Though I guess it isn't that hard to figure out with the watermark...

I thought it was some kind of demon reaching for his calf which motivated him to run faster...

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
In a way, 'tis.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Do I Not Like That - A Graham Taylor Soundboard.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hecko posted:

Following this logic, Noel Hunt is the best footballer ever. Seriously, look at that :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAVS8G_Ke5w

• Locked thread