Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For those waiting for Fear Agent Omni, Remender just said on twitter that the next pressing should be available by Summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I received my Shade TPB from Amazon today, after waiting two years to read it (from the original announcement to the year-long miniseries to the wait for the retarded monkeys to release a TPB). But Amazon shipped it loose in a gigantic, floppy padded envelope, and the book was beaten to hell. It was so bad that I couldn't just swallow it and let it go, so now I have to ship it back and wait around for an exchange.

I was really disappointed and feeling a little sorry for myself, and then I drove to the store and a girl hit my car in the parking lot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Rhyno do you still have the Iron Man Omnibus?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Rhyno do you still have the Iron Man Omnibus?

Holding it for you my friend!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Holding it for you my friend!

55 dollars to ryancharleswhite at yahoo.com?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

55 dollars to ryancharleswhite at yahoo.com?

Yes sir. I will get it in today's mail if you PayPal by 4pm.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes sir. I will get it in today's mail if you PayPal by 4pm.

I just sent it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I just sent it

Emailed you a tracking #!

Hey Mad Doctor, you still down for the two books? I have them packed up nice and ready to rock.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Strangers in Paradise is getting a softcover version of the Omnibus the published five years ago.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co..._medium=twitter

Am I missing something? Where do you go to pre-order this thing? I've tried his blog post and no luck. Is it the pre-order that starts in June or when the omnibus ships? This looks like a lot of care was put into this and it's a hell of a deal for the amount of content.

I've never read SiP but hear it's comparable to Love & Rockets - both stories I've consistently heard great things about. Any one have preference over the other?

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

friendo55 posted:

I've never read SiP but hear it's comparable to Love & Rockets - both stories I've consistently heard great things about. Any one have preference over the other?

I think SiP is more traditional and easier to get into. I like them both but Love and Rockets took a few tries before it hooked me.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Emailed you a tracking #!

Hey Mad Doctor, you still down for the two books? I have them packed up nice and ready to rock.

Sure thing! I'll pay later tonight when I'm at home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Sure thing! I'll pay later tonight when I'm at home.

Sweet, box is packed and all set!

Please check out the SA Mart thread, I have some great stuff there!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3468478&pagenumber=7#post413435990

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 14, 2013

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Had a good day at the thrift store!

Paid :10bux: Then did this

Gonna send them off to get rebound as a Vol. 1 Omnibus with my next batch. I also have a thrashed copy of V.3 OSHC so if I can find a cheap V. 4 I will do the same. (Wonder if I should insert the covers in their correct places?)

Also found this. Currently reading it a bit to see if it is worth rebinding. If it turns out to be too cheesy for my tastes there is always ebay.

It is still a pretty solid reader copy and is holding together but it needs some love.

Last I found was Creepy Archive V. 10 in great condition for six bux.

Reading that new horror thread musta blessed me with good luck before I went out. There is probably some horrible twist ending to all of this though...

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Not seen anyone mention the Marvel solicts yet but it's not a bad month. Reprint of the Spider-Man vol 1 and Uncanny X-Men vol 1 omnibuses, a Busiek Iron Man omnibus and, finally, Jenkins and Lee's Inhumans OSHC.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44251

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Getting that Inhumans HC ASAP. That was a badass series.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Shameless posted:

Not seen anyone mention the Marvel solicts yet but it's not a bad month. Reprint of the Spider-Man vol 1 and Uncanny X-Men vol 1 omnibuses, a Busiek Iron Man omnibus and, finally, Jenkins and Lee's Inhumans OSHC.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44251

And they're reprinting the Spider 2099 TPB as well. Woot!

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

And they're reprinting the Spider 2099 TPB as well. Woot!

I'm pretty sure it's an entirely "new" edition, for whatever that's worth....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They're also reprinting ASM Omnibus 1 and the Claremont Uncanny X-Men Omnibus. Goddamn!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They're also reprinting ASM Omnibus 1 and the Claremont Uncanny X-Men Omnibus. Goddamn!

Yet they're avoiding the Daredevil Bendis Omni No 1 like the plague :D

Are there any plans to release Ennis' Punisher MAX run in Omnibi? Or at least reprint the hardcovers?

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Barbe Rouge posted:

Are there any plans to release Ennis' Punisher MAX run in Omnibi? Or at least reprint the hardcovers?

Negative.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Is Absolute Batman & Robin worth selling my individual HC's for and then getting?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Shipped? I can swing that. Paypal?

Ann Arbor/Ypsi area. Where are you at?

40 mins east of Lansing, I should be in town in a few weeks for the Esperanza Spalding concert, we should grab a drink!

^burtle fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 19, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Is Absolute Batman & Robin worth selling my individual HC's for and then getting?

Yes.

Anybody want to buy my three B&R HCs?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes.

Anybody want to buy my three B&R HCs?

No mine first :colbert:

edit: oh wait I only bought the first one cause of the Absolute edition lol

e: is there going to be an absolute of the other Morrison Batman stuff?

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 19, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

No mine first :colbert:

edit: oh wait I only bought the first one cause of the Absolute edition lol

e: is there going to be an absolute of the other Morrison Batman stuff?

I hope so but nothing concrete yet.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

^burtle posted:

40 mins east of Lansing, I should be in town in a few weeks for the Esperanza Spalding concert, we should grab a drink!

I was unaware of her coming to the Detroit area! Thanks for the heads up.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I got the X-Statix omnibus today because I'm kind of a dummy and my comic guy gave me a pretty good deal. It's pretty nice I suppose but it already feels kinda shaky when I open it up to the middle.

But why do the Dead Girl issues in the back look so loving bad? I could scan my copies with my scanner/printer I got at walmart and they wouldn't be so blurry and gross. It looks like they just blew up tiny jpgs of the pages to get them to omnibus size.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Why does the Ultimate Spiderman Vol 8 HC have to be so expensive :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Why does the Ultimate Spiderman Vol 8 HC have to be so expensive :negative:

It's been out of print for loving ever. You may as well sell the others you have and buy the Omnibus version.

Anyone interested in a cheap X-Statix Omni should check out the HC thread in SA Mart.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's been out of print for loving ever. You may as well sell the others you have and buy the Omnibus version.

Anyone interested in a cheap X-Statix Omni should check out the HC thread in SA Mart.

The other ones are OOP and not as expensive. It's going for like 100 bucks used easily, the others I can still get still wrapped for like 20-40. I don't think the Omni it's getting printed in is out yet either is it?

e: the only omni's that are out now is a re-print of the B&N special one which I already have, and the Death of Spiderman one which I don't have yet.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Nodoze posted:

The other ones are OOP and not as expensive. It's going for like 100 bucks used easily, the others I can still get still wrapped for like 20-40. I don't think the Omni it's getting printed in is out yet either is it?

Multiple copies on eBay have ended at $50 for v8.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Glenn Danzig posted:

Multiple copies on eBay have ended at $50 for v8.

The hardcover version?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

The hardcover version?

Yeah I just saw two that had sold for $50.

Edit: It appears I ordered a bunch of poo poo I no longer want.

Death and Return of Superman Omnibus - $55 shipped boyos.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 22, 2013

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Hickman confirms the inevitable...

Shameless fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 26, 2013

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Shameless posted:

Hickman confirms the inevitable...

There was a first FF omnibus!? I don't see it on Amazon unless I am blind and/or dumb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesssss!!!!!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

There was a first FF omnibus!? I don't see it on Amazon unless I am blind and/or dumb.
Calm down, Grandpa. Nothing's even been solicited yet.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
This better not be early April Fools. I've been waiting for these FF omnibuses. Now we just need a SHIELD OSHC.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Neep posted:

This better not be early April Fools. I've been waiting for these FF omnibuses. Now we just need a SHIELD OSHC.

There's already an OSHC of the first SHIELD arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

Shameless posted:

There's already an OSHC of the first SHIELD arc.

Is there? I thought it was. Premiere HC or whatever. Not oversized.