Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

AtomD posted:

I had a tour of one of the Jehovah's Witnesses' major offices a year or so ago (the result of a conversation that did not go as planned), but let me tell you this: If the Taliban had the organizational coherence that the Jehovah's Witnesses' have then I wouldn't have been able to write this post. I would've been limping along in agony trying to remember what happened.

If the taliban, a group you did not visit, was different, then the group you did visit - the Jehovah's Witnesses, which would not be different at all in this hypothetical world, would have treated you differently, and as a result of this, you would have come home limping? How the hell do I even parse this?

Do you mean to say if the Jehovah's Witnesses wished you ill, like the Taliban does, that you would have been slightly wounded but not killed? Because they're incompetent? This is the best I can do your post is really confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Krinkle posted:

If the taliban, a group you did not visit, was different, then the group you did visit - the Jehovah's Witnesses, which would not be different at all in this hypothetical world, would have treated you differently, and as a result of this, you would have come home limping? How the hell do I even parse this?

Do you mean to say if the Jehovah's Witnesses wished you ill, like the Taliban does, that you would have been slightly wounded but not killed? Because they're incompetent? This is the best I can do your post is really confusing.

They wouldn't have just gotten a flyer on the door, it would have been a bucket of acid in the face.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

kinmik posted:

I can't stop laughing at this. It's so loving hilarifying.

It took me a long time staring at that to even realize what it was supposed to be.

It's a kitty...or maybe a bunny?

Edit: Actually, it's easier to see as a thumbnail.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Krinkle posted:

your post is really confusing.

You raise a valid point. I've amended my post. It's difficult to make words sometimes.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

It took me a long time staring at that to even realize what it was supposed to be.

Looks like the body snatcher version of Bugs Bunny:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think that it's Tails from Sonic.

Bambina
Sep 25, 2007
I said no biting
Got a flyer down here in Arrowtown too.

From Norway to New Zealand, truly a global effort by the Jehovahs Witnesses.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Somehow until seeing it quoted I just 'accepted' it and moved on.
It was like my brain just didn't want to get into that whole mess and just basically went "yes, that's definitely... yes".
And yeah, bunny? Probably?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sad lions posted:

Somehow until seeing it quoted I just 'accepted' it and moved on.
It was like my brain just didn't want to get into that whole mess and just basically went "yes, that's definitely... yes".
And yeah, bunny? Probably?

Guinea pig. They have distinctive lips.

Infinite Might
Mar 14, 2007

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of Bob Dole!
Jehovah's Witnesses ONLY celebrate Passover and they keep track of attendance as a sign of encouragement. The Watchtower Society tells them that they need to tell every person about it and produces these invites. It is organized to get this sort of attention in hopes people will learn more and convert.

To contribute

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jovial_cynic
Aug 19, 2005

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

That belongs in the creepy pictures thread. :cry:

jovial_cynic
Aug 19, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

That belongs in the creepy pictures thread. :cry:

The fish is smiling. That's funny.

Animals with human teeth make me laugh.

jovial_cynic has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Mar 23, 2013

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

DrBouvenstein posted:

Pretty sure its supposed to be this guy.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

jovial_cynic posted:

Animals with human teeth make me laugh.

This is loving killing me! THEM DAWGS

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

DiverTwig posted:

So is there just a lot of us living in the east bay? Got one on my door a few days ago. If they're all in the same area, and all directing us to the same place, we should have a goon meet at this thing.

Charlotte NC, the people always come by and slide it through the door are Hispanic. Every Saturday they ring the bell three times, I watch them and then I see the pamphlet come sliding through.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

EvangeliKal-El posted:

This was taped to my front door when I got home the other day. I edited it appropriately. Look at that menagerie of minorities.

Holy poo poo. Look just above Jesus' shoulder. Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway from Voyager. I know the publicity photo that was taken from.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

7thBatallion posted:

Holy poo poo. Look just above Jesus' shoulder. Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway from Voyager. I know the publicity photo that was taken from.

Post the photo!

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

EvangeliKal-El posted:

This was taped to my front door when I got home the other day. I edited it appropriately. Look at that menagerie of minorities.

My roommate wrote on there that he is "Mark, who is my best friend hahahaahahhaha"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
If we're calling famous people out from the image, the guy right above Kate Mulgrew is James Woods with a beard.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Or is it Geoffrey Rush as Walsingham in Elizabeth? Dude to the left in the top hat is a dapper Tobey Maguire.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tasoth posted:

If we're calling famous people out from the image, the guy right above Kate Mulgrew is James Woods with a beard.

And above him looking at Jesus is....JESUS?!?

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly

Sir Lemming posted:

I almost got one of those a few days ago too (Long Island), but I politely turned it down. It's a Jehova's Witness thing, in case anyone was wondering. It's billed as "a memorial service for Jesus". (Since I'm a Christian of non-specific denomination I just said it doesn't make sense to have a memorial for someone who's alive. Then everyone in the theater stood up and applauded.)

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009
I almost got one of those invites earlier today, I live in Melbourne.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

This is getting slightly out of control.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Serious hardcore gaming going on here. Looks like the 4th dimension has always been around us disguised as the 3rd.

From this kickstarter for the smartphone device you've been waiting for all your life.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

Totally TWISTED posted:

The dude in this picture is a goon, I recall seeing this posted in the cosplay thread (or maybe a Halloween thread).

I'm pretty sure that's Honey Boo Boo's mother.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

TurboTax posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Honey Boo Boo's mother.

No, her beard is more full.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got one of those Jesus things in Denmark as well. Wouldn't it be more effective to just airdrop them?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Moot . posted:

This is getting slightly out of control.

This is kind of like when your parents start trying to act cool. I'm starting to feel ashamed of being a fan of the Song of Ice and Fire series.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

It's black metal, of course there isn't a clearer version.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
We're blacker than black, blacker than a third generation Xerox.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
American flag stripes on your truck, huh, guy?

What's this on the back?

:911:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Huntersoninski posted:

What's this on the back?

Is that supposed to be the Pentagon in the middle?
It looks a bit like the White House facade, making this whole thing look like some kind of wishful vision of the :argh: muslim president Osama Obama :argh: being burned out of his oval office.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Its just perfect down to the smallest detail. The vanity plate, the remember frame, the "respectful" depiction of the death of hundreds of people forever on a truck tailgate...art.

Edit: plus this fucker cut in line at the garage, the prick

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Any 9/11 memorabilia/memorial stuff is tacky, that's a given, but anyone else find it SUPER tacky (and bordering on offensive?) to have representations of the actual attack? Like...ok, crying eagle, flag, and that iconic firefighter flag image, I get that...but actually having an image of what is the second tower about two seconds after the plane hit? Uhh...seems a little weird. Like...that's thousands of people dead in that "painting" right there.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Huntersoninski posted:

What's this on the back?

That was made by a pick-up artist!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Any 9/11 memorabilia/memorial stuff is tacky, that's a given, but anyone else find it SUPER tacky (and bordering on offensive?) to have representations of the actual attack? Like...ok, crying eagle, flag, and that iconic firefighter flag image, I get that...but actually having an image of what is the second tower about two seconds after the plane hit? Uhh...seems a little weird. Like...that's thousands of people dead in that "painting" right there.

As the license plate says, "4 MYUSA". :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

• Locked thread