Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dauntasa posted:

Poo's gone. RIPoo.

Good riddance. I never understood why the people obsessed with poop in a space station game were encouraged rather than run out of town for being disgusting and wierd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

-Troika- posted:

Good riddance. I never understood why the people obsessed with poop in a space station game were encouraged rather than run out of town for being disgusting and wierd.
People used to get really, really angry if you threw poo at their 2d spaceman, it was brilliant. Don't miss it though, it got stupid.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yeah poo was basically concentrated grief that anyone could obtain for a while. Every time you saw a lovely power-tripping Security officer you could just throw poop at him and he'd be guaranteed to go completely loving nuclear and chase after you with his baton out, which was when you ran off naked and shat on the floor causing him to slip and fall when he tried to pursue. It did end up getting really overplayed and stupid but I still maintain that it was was funny as hell to slip awful Security guys and give them food poisoning so that they repeatedly and uncontrollably crapped their pants while trying to go around acting like Judge Dredd.

I'm not really sad that it's gone. We still have farts, and pushing a lovely player over and farting in his face is an equally reliable way of generating sperg rage, without all the lag and weird gross obsession.

edit: It's bullshit that farting doesn't push you through space anymore though :colbert: I once got thrown out the airlock for repeatedly tripping and farting on this one guy, and oh man was he ever furious when I rocketed back in through the airlock with a staccato cacophony of farts, pushed him to the ground, farted in his face and shoved him into space as soon as he stood up. Basically the stupider something is the angrier it makes grumpy spergs, which is why it's wonderful having a giant toolbox of incredibly stupid poo poo you can do to irritate and harass people in SS13.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 23, 2013

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Vib Rib posted:

My only point is that in a remake, all that stuff can come later, just like it did in the original game. The soul of SS13 is in its deviant and emergent gameplay and the ways you can gently caress people over. You don't need plants that remember their genes for that, and you don't need cooking mechanics. More mechanics can add more ways to gently caress around, but starting off with only basic systems wouldn't be "not SS13".

Oh, I misunderstood your post. Then yes. This is totally true.

I don't even care if the game isn't a sequel to "Space Station 13," I just want a game where you can do basically anything. If the game took place on, say, a boat instead of a spaceship and you had to steer and navigate or something, that would be fine as long as I get the chance to pull a shark out of the water and throw it at someone because they stole my alcohol. The setting and specifics don't matter to me, all I want is a game that lets me do ridiculous poo poo, and be amazed by people who are more clever than myself doing hilarious, witty poo poo with the mechanics at hand.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I remember being fat in SS13 served no purpose besides giving the ability to superpoop [or superfart i think, it's been so long.] which resulted in you exploding into a ton of pieces.

Being fat also prevented people from choking you [Which also prevented the abomination from absorbing you].

There's been tons of things that have been removed from SS13 that while was really necessary, left it as a shadow of it's former self and I miss it so much.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Didn't you also explode if you tried to poop when you didn't have a butt?

The sentences SS13 makes you type. :allears:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I would realistically buy a book or something with nothing but ss13 stories in them. Sentences like that is what makes me love hearing about the game.

Though Ill never play it. Then the magic would be ruined.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Superfarts existed as a result of three drunken coders in Skype one night deciding that rather than improving the atmospherics lag or ironing any of the exploits out of the game, what SS13 really needed was a charged-up fart that caused a screenwide stun. The in-game effect was short-lived fun, but the sound effect (an echoing, reverberating, explosive fart) kept us laughing like six year olds for the entire night. In fact half the wacky unhinged hilarity in the game comes from drunken coders, intentionally or otherwise.

I like that they've apparently gone back to SS13's strengths lately - I hear the new engine is a glorious deathtrap.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Enallyniv posted:

I like that they've apparently gone back to SS13's strengths lately - I hear the new engine is a glorious deathtrap.

If you get the engine's power output up really high it starts to shake and produce ominous noises. Go much higher and it destroys all the nearby lights, starts glowing purple, and starts emitting groans and messages like "The engine hungers!" Higher still and it begins randomly arcing electricity everywhere, apparently preferring to zap people - the engine hungers for blood. If you manage to get the output preposterously high the engine literally goes nova and turns into a loving sun, annihilating much of the station.

Caparzo
Jul 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7iSUoasF7Q

Some nice griefing I managed to do in one of those super serious Arma 3 COOP servers.

The clip is just a real simple drop in and start running people over in spawn clip. Currently in the works with a friend making a great compilation of helicopter jihading and other miscellaneous grief tactics all on Arma 3. The game is gold for griefing. I've never honestly seen so many people that take a game so serious. If you don't talk in military code your gone.

Caparzo fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 23, 2013

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
There's a Team Fortress 2 mod called Prop Hunt which has pretty good griefing potential built into the gameplay. I'm assuming you're at least a little familiar with TF2, but you might not be with Prop Hunt; simply put, it's hide and seek. One team is all Scouts (fast moving agile class) but on the start of the round itself, their character models are swtiched for different random but map-appropriate furniture and item models, with your task to go hide in the map and not get killed. So for example, you could be a bucket or a small bit of foliage (easy) or you could be a haystack, giant pile of lumber, or the capture point (hard). The other team are all Pyros, with flamethrowers that inflict a burning visual effect along with damage, so they can see if they've hit the right object; but firing any weapon costs a little bit of health, so they can't just test everything. Here's some video to give you the idea.

As you can imagine, it's an inherently griefy game, especially if the Pyros manage to kill everyone off but one and spend the rest of the match failing to find a stovepipe on a roof at the edge of the map. The best times, as ever, are when you get just really, really bad players and the griefing is just taking advantage of that. I played a few rounds where the other side had the most terrible player - not just missing obvious out-of-place objects, but missing burning objects, too. The real griefing, however, wasn't on this poor guy, and came about thanks to two things; first, he didn't speak and English; and second, this was a version of Prop Hunt where the hiding team got to keep their weapons, allowing a win by simple killing as well as just lasting the round.

Standard protocol once we'd laughed about how terrible this guy was to just murder all the other guys apart from him, and spend the rest of the round following him about. So there's this poor Pyro wandering alone on this map, occasionally flaming the odd object, while his entire team are desperately screaming and capslocking in chat to get him to turn around and see he's being trailed by two oil cans, a stack of tyres, a hatstack and a toy frog.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think you're mixing up griefing with both playing the game poorly and playing it well. Your story was good, but I don't think prophunt is "inherently griefy" unless you consider a player hiding well or finding props well to be griefers.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you get the engine's power output up really high it starts to shake and produce ominous noises. Go much higher and it destroys all the nearby lights, starts glowing purple, and starts emitting groans and messages like "The engine hungers!" Higher still and it begins randomly arcing electricity everywhere, apparently preferring to zap people - the engine hungers for blood. If you manage to get the output preposterously high the engine literally goes nova and turns into a loving sun, annihilating much of the station.

Welp, looks like it's time to get back into SS13.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Caparzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7iSUoasF7Q

Some nice griefing I managed to do in one of those super serious Arma 3 COOP servers.

The clip is just a real simple drop in and start running people over in spawn clip. Currently in the works with a friend making a great compilation of helicopter jihading and other miscellaneous grief tactics all on Arma 3. The game is gold for griefing. I've never honestly seen so many people that take a game so serious. If you don't talk in military code your gone.
Why did you even upload this video? It's kind of boring, unimaginative and there's literally 0 reaction from the people you 'grief'.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

These SS13 stories are the best part of the thread, I want more of those

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

QuarkJets posted:

It really should be its own thread. Not the regular thread for Ss13. More like story time with ss13, with your host, butt bot.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Tekopo posted:

Why did you even upload this video? It's kind of boring, unimaginative and there's literally 0 reaction from the people you 'grief'.

I enjoyed it. Not everything needs to be a masterstroke of griefing genius, and a actual video beats some of the walls of text I have read.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

SS13 is tricky sometimes because stories require a lot of context, due to the random assortment of half-broken game mechanics one need to understand in order for the story to make sense. So, I can understand why people want a separate thread, but on the other hand, it's not like this thread is overflowing with new content. Hell, I'm pretty sure I only played SS13 because of reading stories about it in this thread (or perhaps in the SA Quotes thread (currently on unpaid leave from the forums).

From what I can tell from reading SS13 stories from years back, the fun of that game evolved from using the broken mechanics to gently caress with pubbies taking that poo poo super seriously to the strange mishmash of funny and unfunny that the game currently is. A lot of fun seems to be able to be had now by instead loving with the players who take winning Goonstation13 super seriously, so I guess not THAT much has changed.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I don't think there's any game that could be griefworthy enough to support it's own entire thread, I mean there's been a lot of SS13 stories posted over however many years this thread has been here but measure them over time and it's what, like 1 post per week maybe?

EDIT: yeah this thread is 5 years old dang, 61 pages a year, 5 pages a month. Not the busiest place in the world.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
EVE is worth it's own thread, but I think for the sake of GSF OPSEC they keep it to the GSF forums.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I never played Dark Souls but I guess at the beginning you can pick an item to start with. One of the developers mentioned in an interview that player who wanted the true experience should choose this pendent. The pendent didn't seem to actually do anything but people became obsessed with trying everything they could think of to make it do something, all while the same developer laughed and refused to explain the purpose.

Then years later he admitted it was just a joke.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

Very well, I shall repost one from the old SS13 thread, a grief so grand in scope and yet so limited in actionable crimes that I would occasionally use it to shut down entire rounds, and it earned me the animosity of most of the admins. The key to the grief (which I did not explain at the time) was the mining career, which got you a space suit, a jetpack, a full set of tools, and a cargo transporter. The first three let me get to any room, from any direction, disassemble the walls, and access any stuff in the game... the bridge, the head of security office, anything. The fourth, the cargo transporter, let you teleport crates to cargo pads... it's supposed to be used to teleport crates of mining ore to robotics or mining to make things out of, but I would put everything in a room into a locker (same code as a crate) and then teleport that to mining, which is on another station with limited access. A location so remote most players don't even know how to get there. With my crate of tools I could disassemble all the furniture in a room, load all the plates and stuff into a locker, and send it away forever.

This can also be done with the quartermaster, although not as easily without the space suit / jetpack.

So I decided to see just how much I could steal in one round. Stealing is the one thing that isn't a 'griefing activity' because literally everybody stickyfingers stuff, so admins couldn't chew me out for stealing restricted gear--banning theft would be unenforceable and turn every player into a griefer.

I've moved on from poobanditry for the most part now (I've pooed on everything that can be pooed upon.) but the true power of the Quartermaster has barely been touched. These days I'm doing heists. Just--robbing everything. Some random engineer wants to explore space and robs EVA? A traitor has an objective to steal seven multitools? Both of these punks should be ashamed of themselves in the face of the baldfaced audacity of the King of Thieves, who leaves behind a sparkling clean room.

I've gotten pretty good at it. Here are some pictures from a particularly successful round I had earlier.

Bridge, squeaky clean. HoP office, Captain's office, Head Engineer office, all empty.

Mining, mostly empty. Not that impressive because so much of it is immobile, but I did remember to empty the manufacturing unit and the oxygen tank dispenser.

To get the rest of these pictures I had to kill myself so I'd get those shots before the shuttle left. Be assured, I received no comeuppance for my crimes that round.

I didn't rob the tables and chairs in security because honestly it's hard getting left alone there for long enough to polish it out. But I did steal all the equipment, all the clothing, all the implants, and all of the doughnuts!

Engineering, empty. EVA, empty.

I swear medbay and the HoS office were empty BEFORE the meteors cleaned up in there. I stole all the meds and guns, certainly. Dozens of guns.

Stole all the coffins, stole the modules. Not high profile crimes, granted.

And an Atmos caper, complete with locked room mystery. Ooooo! Spooky.

Not pictured: Also emptied out robotics (including all materials and tables, also some empty robots) and the head surgeon's office, and almost all of the maintenance shafts.

The best part of being King of Thieves is if you're caught, honestly. Security has no idea what to do with you. You haven't hurt anyone, no murder, if you do it right no beatings (although I do occasionally teleport someone out of their office so I can rob it uninterrupted) so clearly execution or permabrigging is inappropriate. But on the other hand, I've stolen literally everything in their office, and also medbay and EVA. The crew is completely unable to accomplish anything, because all of the tools are gone, hidden away in my secret lair.

Space law is too small for my crimes.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I griefed someone in SS13 by not being a draconian rear end in a top hat cop.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Adventures on other servers! Playing security, get a call to medbay. Show up, bunch of people running around for seemingly no reason, Lily and Connor in a "fight," I observe. No blows thrown, just a bunch of running around until Connor gets shot with a syringe gun that injects some small amount of sleep tox. I help him, we head back to the main area where all die of some disease that makes us all explode.

[me] DEAD: Jennie Campbell asks, "what did you want me to do? arrest both of you?"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "as a security officer."
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "Yes."
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "THEN INTERROGATE US."
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "TO ASK WHAT HAPPEND."
DEAD: Connor James says, "Thats the smartest loving thing to do"
DEAD: Jennie Campbell says, "because you were in such a deadly fight, of course"
DEAD: Connor James says, "Jennie thats not the point"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "Yeah."
DEAD: Jennie Campbell says, "you were at each others throats literally killing each other"
DEAD: Connor James says, "They were assaulting eachother"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "Assult is assult."
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "You cant be that much of a oval office to realise."
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "That you are a sec officer."
DEAD: Connor James says, "You should have loving arrested them, even if it was minor assault"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "Do your job."
DEAD: Jennie Campbell says, "we have different definitions of bad security then"
DEAD: Kole Solvan says, "I KNOW"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "JENNIE."
Seargent Dickstorm gasps!
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "GO BACK"
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "TO YOG"

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=17600.new#new
nox station
:allears:

extra tears edit:
DEAD: Lily Reid says, "HEY EVERY1, WANT JEENIE JOBANNED? go ere. http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=17600.msg298054#msg298054"
This was on another server, not goonstation. I am also someone who started playing this game because of the stories in this thread, and I haven't regretted it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

SpookyLizard posted:

EVE is worth it's own thread, but I think for the sake of GSF OPSEC they keep it to the GSF forums.
I think there's a thread in MMO HMO they run for recruitment purposes.

Caparzo
Jul 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pPO0aBHlE

One cut jihading in Arma 3. Got into an awesome co-op server where the players were incapable of kicking us and crying to themselves a lot. Video will be added onto soon unless we get banned from every Arma 3 server.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Caparzo posted:

Videogames terrorism

Try this without the screeching

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I feel like I was griefed by watching a video of you just playing the game while screeching into a microphone for no reason.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Cojawfee posted:

I feel like I was griefed by watching a video of you just playing the game while screeching into a microphone for no reason.

Yeah pretty much. It also looked like a good majority (if not all?) were team kills.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Caparzo posted:

One cut jihading in Arma 3. Got into an awesome co-op server where the players were incapable of kicking us and crying to themselves a lot. Video will be added onto soon unless we get banned from every Arma 3 server.
Banning from ARMA3 aside, there are a few things you might want to consider for your next production:

1 - Unless your voice is always that screechy or it's just the codec, get your mom to buy you a better microphone.

2 - Some context would be nice: are you shooting allies or enemies while howling 'ALLAH AKBAR!' down a sewer pipe? The text log is only legible in HD format, which is not worth the effort.

3 - Where is the grief happening? Are the reactions those few inaudible blips every now and again? Maybe the scrawled text chat... in a video?

4 - Which part of this (the video) is supposed to be entertaining?

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 24, 2013

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Caparzo posted:

Nothing about this video was funny or entertaining. Please don't make anymore because you suck. The only grief here is that you made me waste three minutes of my life.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Teamkill griefs can be funny, if they catch some truly furious rage from other players. Just shooting guys on your team and recording it however is not an entertaining grief.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Vib Rib posted:

Teamkill griefs can be funny, if they catch some truly furious rage from other players. Just shooting guys on your team and recording it however is not an entertaining grief.

You forgot the screeching.

Dec 26, 2012

Caparzo posted:

I'm pretty sure you reacted more to your own poo poo than they reacted to you in both videos you posted.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Teamkill griefs are only funny when they provoke the person you're teamkilling to do it back and then get punished themselves. My favorite case of this was in a Red Orchestra video where a guy did it and managed to get someone removed for friendly fire violations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Doodles posted:

I think there's a thread in MMO HMO they run for recruitment purposes.

I meant specifically griefing. There's a recruitment n thread in MMO HMO regularly, but Games are public, so you can't necessarily post the best stories because you might reveal some critical info or something, or have a characters name get out and ruin their ability to run future scams and stuff.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...

SpookyLizard posted:

have a characters name get out and ruin their ability to run future scams and stuff.

You really underestimate how much greed blinds people in EVE, and how much it causes people to disregard other peoples' reputation. People openly brag in the EVE thread about scams and it's well known that we recruitment scam, and I think it's still our most recommended way for newbies to earn a quick billion isk or more. It also helps that the Mittani vouches for the scammer if he's online and they can get a hold of him if the scam is large enough. Apparently people who are not goons trust him because :confused:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zeether posted:

Teamkill griefs are only funny when they provoke the person you're teamkilling to do it back and then get punished themselves. My favorite case of this was in a Red Orchestra video where a guy did it and managed to get someone removed for friendly fire violations.

I have a pretty funny story about this in Battlefield: Bad Company (the first one). You see, I have a life long hatred of snipers in video games. Oh sure, I don't mind the ones that actually play the class in a reasonable fashion and support the team, but we all know that most snipers just skulk on a hill ten miles from the fighting trying to get pot shots and generally being worthless.

Well in Bad Company the specialist class had a laser designator pistol. It fired little laser beacons, and if you stuck one onto an enemy vehicle it acted as a homing beacon that allowed anti-tank rockets to track the vehicle (normally they were just dumb fire). HOWEVER the beacons would stick to anything, vehicles, walls, people... and they emitted a red pulsing light for as a long as they were attached to something. Naturally this was a wonderful griefing tool. If you fired a laser designator onto a person's head they would actually have bright red blinking light on their screen, sometimes making it almost impossible to see.

I had a habit of sticking these on friendly snipers whenever I saw a group of them sitting near spawn not contributing a god drat thing to fight. I was actually able to put three beacons on this one sniper's face (most likely completely obstructing his vision), and he became so enraged that he started chasing me with his knife while shouting obscenities into the mic like a deranged lunatic. Unfortunately for him he could barely see a thing, and didn't notice as two squad members spawned directly on top of me. I was still moving away and he ended up immediately knifing both of them, resulting in him being auto kicked from the server.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Chomp8645 posted:

I have a pretty funny story about this in Battlefield: Bad Company (the first one). You see, I have a life long hatred of snipers in video games. Oh sure, I don't mind the ones that actually play the class in a reasonable fashion and support the team, but we all know that most snipers just skulk on a hill ten miles from the fighting trying to get pot shots and generally being worthless.

Well in Bad Company the specialist class had a laser designator pistol. It fired little laser beacons, and if you stuck one onto an enemy vehicle it acted as a homing beacon that allowed anti-tank rockets to track the vehicle (normally they were just dumb fire). HOWEVER the beacons would stick to anything, vehicles, walls, people... and they emitted a red pulsing light for as a long as they were attached to something. Naturally this was a wonderful griefing tool. If you fired a laser designator onto a person's head they would actually have bright red blinking light on their screen, sometimes making it almost impossible to see.

I had a habit of sticking these on friendly snipers whenever I saw a group of them sitting near spawn not contributing a god drat thing to fight. I was actually able to put three beacons on this one sniper's face (most likely completely obstructing his vision), and he became so enraged that he started chasing me with his knife while shouting obscenities into the mic like a deranged lunatic. Unfortunately for him he could barely see a thing, and didn't notice as two squad members spawned directly on top of me. I was still moving away and he ended up immediately knifing both of them, resulting in him being auto kicked from the server.

In bad company 2, when a friendly was darted, an enemy could lock onto them with the Gustav or RPG. A better way to grief wookies in BC2 was to go Assault with the smoke grenade launcher, find your useless teammate and then start popping smoke forever (because assault was the ammo class). Sometimes they would get the hint and move up, most times they would type angrily into chat that you were literally worse than hitler.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Lazy goddamn wookies. :argh:

Speaking of the old team kill grief, in R6V the host could set Friendly Fire limits, punishment, etc. You could set it so that it would kick anyone for team killing, then, as the host, if you team killed people, it wouldn't kick you. When they team kill you back they get auto kicked. Like many things in console shooters, it was hilarious.

I've started playing Dust 514 with goons, the free to play (with micropurchases to buy Aurum, the special stuff currency that can buy exclusive stuff that is mostly cosmetic/makes life slightly easier). In typical EVE fashion, (Which the game is slowly being connected to during the ongoing Beta Test), it's space capitalism geared towards mercenary work. Each time you spawn, you pick a 'fitting' (more or less a class from any other shooter). However, other than the newbie fittings, each life costs you. Unlike, say, Call of Duty, where you buy a gun once and have it forever, in Dust, you buy a guy once, and you get one gun. You die? that gun is gone.

So you have to buy multiple of any given item to be able to respawn with that class (though you can restock gear quite easily, in game). But, like I said, gear costs money. So if you've been playing for a while, chances are you gear isn't entirely made of lovely newbie stuff (which can be unlimited in certain fittings so you can always play) or BPO's (Blue Print Originals are much more expensive items you can only buy with Aurum that allow you to spawn with that gear as much as you want).

Now then, even most fittings are fairly cheap, and don't cost too much if you don't die a lot, and you tend to get even 100k Isk if you lose, so you're mostly fine.

Unless you go and call in vehicles. All vehicles other than jeeps are fairly expensive, and to make jeeps that don't suck is fairly expensive. The good thing is, is that if you still control your vehicle when the match ends you don't lose that set and don't have to replace it. If your tank does get stolen or blown up? Well then you're poo poo out luck and out probably your winnings from any game, since tanks cost atleast 150K or thereabouts, and that's for the cheapo ones made out of paper. Last game of Skrimish (Think conquest, except the conquest points shoot missiles at the enemy ship, first team to lose their ship/run out of spawns loses) pubbies called in 7 tanks, a drop ship, and a couple of LAV's. My fitting to blow up dudes poo poo? 8.2k It cost me about 40k of resupplies through out the game. I made a profit of 100k blowing up tanks that cost atleast 150k. Three of them. 450k. Plus two jeeps, but I'm not sure on their prices/fittings but they blew up like paper so they might've been the freebie ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SpookyLizard posted:

It's not really about OPSEC, it's about the fact that it would completely take over everything about the thread. Like here's a classic from James315's history. It's a little long but it's kind of an amazing payoff. His ongoing griefing involves hundreds of people in dedicated griefer squads and an entire website documenting it.

• Locked thread