Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Fortunately, it's not played that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I wonder if there are any good behind the scene stories about the making of Piranha? Paul Scheer and Adam Scott could do their own Analyze Fish if so :allears:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Greggy posted:

I wonder if there are any good behind the scene stories about the making of Piranha? Paul Scheer and Adam Scott could do their own Analyze Fish if so :allears:

Jesus. I cannot believe no one has come up with this yet.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm lucky enough to live in Los Angeles so going to Crash Test I've heard random funny rear end stories about the Piranha set. Also I think Adam Scott mentioned on an old CBB (Death Ray at the time) about how he saw Paul Scheer film his death scene and he was in a tank the whole day being wet and miserable and most of the footage was just cut.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Greggy posted:

This is Paul Scheer ringing into The Best Show live from the Piranha 3D set with a few great stories.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"Akbar... It's a trap" - Wittels

hahaha not a Star Wars reference

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Greggy posted:

I agree. I may tweet this to Scott (making sure you'd get credit for it) if that's alright.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

urk the quack posted:

I agree. I may tweet this to Scott (making sure you'd get credit for it) if that's alright.

Sounds good, I don't have twitter out of solidarity with The Zooks. Maybe send it Paul and Adam's way too?

Another option: an all-Shark Tank episode of Reality Show Show :v:

Greggy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 22, 2013

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Greggy posted:

Another option: an all-Shark Tank episode of Reality Show Show :v:

Yes please.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I think this was my favorite WYR ever.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Best WYR ever.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Just a reminder:
Ice-T Causes Crib Death

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Joe Wengert is hilarious on this episode. GRAPEGINA

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Joe Wengert is hilarious on this episode. GRAPEGINA

Oh man I'm looking forward to this. His last appearance was so goddamn funny.

You're name is Zazzu.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tnimark posted:

You're name is Zazzu.

Probably the only bit on CBB that almost literally killed me. I was driving the first time I heard it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, Lauren Lapkus. Please don't do an annoying nasally girl character, please don't do an annoying nasally girl character, pleeeeeease don't do an annoying nasally girl character...

I mean I'm sure she's really funny, and I understand the voice is supposed to be annoying, but God drat it she's too good at annoying me with that voice.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

This latest one is pretty much just her normal voice except for the affected speech impediment.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Lauren Lapkus and Joe Wengerle were really funny in that episode, it was a good one.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Adam Brody was the funniest guest this week.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This was a great episode. The point where my poo poo became lost was probably around when they channeled the woman from "Snakes on a Plane" who got bit on her breast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

jyrka posted:

Adam Brody was the funniest guest this week.

I honestly thought Wengert's character was hilarious and Lapkus was very good too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Good episode all around. The premise of Wengert's character was great and Brody did an especially capable job considering it's often tough for comedians that aren't experienced with improv to get into the show, let alone actors (as funny an actor as he is).

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
As someone who interviews high schoolers for summer jobs, I can confidently say that Lapkus nailed that character. I almost fell out of my seat as soon as she said her first sentence.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I found that like in the last Wengert/Lupkus episode, the two characters didn't really work together at all. When Orangina showed up, Traci shut up. Which was a shame, since a slightly bland character could have developed into something mental as in the Thune/Adomian/Lupkus episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Lord Wexia posted:

As someone who interviews high schoolers for summer jobs, I can confidently say that Lapkus nailed that character. I almost fell out of my seat as soon as she said her first sentence.
A recent This American Life episode had a reporter with a lisp that sounded exactly the same as Lauren in this episode, I had a hard time concentrating on it. Extra hilarious hearing her in this ep.

(It was ep 226: Reruns of TAL)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I found that like in the last Wengert/Lupkus episode, the two characters didn't really work together at all. When Orangina showed up, Traci shut up. Which was a shame, since a slightly bland character could have developed into something mental as in the Thune/Adomian/Lupkus episode.
Yeah but the premise of "Orangina" really required the spotlight. Made sense to me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is like Grapegina all over again.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'm watching How I Met You Mother and they just totally ripped off the "Carl Sjuinor" joke. I'm real mad.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

little munchkin posted:

I'm watching How I Met You Mother and they just totally ripped off the "Carl Sjuinor" joke. I'm real mad.

I audibly scoffed at the television.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

What'd they say?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

epitasis posted:

What'd they say?
Marshall is challenged to name their long-time bartender Carl's last name, and guesses, "Carl.........Sjunior?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WoG posted:

Marshall is challenged to name their long-time bartender Carl's last name, and guesses, "Carl.........Sjunior?"

I wouldn't classify that as a rip-off, though that reference doesn't make sense for a show set in NYC.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

WoG posted:

Maybe Marshall's a CBB fan.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Was in tears at parts of that episode, not even sure why. Scott and Adam's professed love of The Surrogates really tickled me. And I refuse to believe that anyone who has heard Lauren in any of her Improv4Humans episodes can think she's anything but hilarious. Joe Weingert also great in this one, obviously. Amused me that strongly disagrees with Adam Brody on what he's best known for. Also love that he randomly went on with nothing to plug, just because someone told him to.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 26, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Not a criticism, just an observation: He gave them a warning before closing the floor for questions.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Great episode. I hope Seth comes back and I hope he appears on other podcasts soon!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I definitely enjoyed this episode. Lapkus is pretty funny (so long as that drat annoying voice doesn't come back).

I think I unfairly dodged the I4H episodes with her, gotta go back and listen to those now.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

GraPar posted:

Was in tears at parts of that episode, not even sure why. Scott and Adam's professed love of The Surrogates really tickled me. And I refuse to believe that anyone who has heard Lauren in any of her Improv4Humans episodes can think she's anything but hilarious. Joe Weingert also great in this one, obviously. Amused me that strongly disagrees with Adam Brody on what he's best known for. Also love that he randomly went on with nothing to plug, just because someone told him to.

She's really funny but all of her CBB characters (including this one) have had annoying as hell voices that have reduced my enjoyment of them

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

erezaka posted:

She's really funny but all of her CBB characters (including this one) have had annoying as hell voices that have reduced my enjoyment of them

How can you hate her adorable speech impediment in this episode? It was a low pitch voice too! Also continues the trend of Scott sexualizing the teenage characters and Laurens in general!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

urk the quack posted:

Yeah I definitely enjoyed this episode. Lapkus is pretty funny (so long as that drat annoying voice doesn't come back).

I think I unfairly dodged the I4H episodes with her, gotta go back and listen to those now.

FYI, I was referring specifically to Episodes 44 and 62, both of which are very, very funny and she's great in them.

Echoing everyone else's shocked reaction to the joke on HIMYM last night. Can't believe they disrespected the memory of Jack's father like that.