Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This is some good news and at a good price too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
It's up http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10159?osCsid=72704d6b637fff530d27ca2df7371338

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Japanese fans on multiple blogs came together to vote on their favorite promotions of 2012. Users could vote for their top 3, and scores were based on
First place: 10 points
Second Place: 6 points
Third Place: 3 points

quote:

Here's the top 10:

1. NJPW 1685 points
2. DDT 886 points
3. BJW 384 points
4. AJPW 268 points
5. Dragongate 173 points
6. WWE 73 points
7. WAVE 63 points
8. Osaka Pro 61 points
9. PWG 56 points
10. NOAH 49 points

PWG is more popular in the Japanese IWC than NOAH is. I'm not surprised that DDT and BJW did so well, because they both offer something completely unique and have a great variety of events. DDT won second place by a massive landslide, but NJPW rightfully earned double the amount of points second place did. Joshi promotion WAVE~ came in 7th place, ranking only slightly less popular than the WWE and slightly more popular than comedy promotion Osaka Pro.

Similarly, they also voted for their MVP (Wrestler of the Year)

quote:

1. Kazuchika Okada 1363 points
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi 704 points
3. Abdullah Kobayashi 235 points
4. CIMA 151 points
5. Kota Ibushi 139 points
6. El Generico 138 points
7. KENTA 120 points
8. Jun Akiyama 106 points
9. Kenny Omega 87 points
10. Masakatsu Funaki 83 points
Again, NJPW dominates taking home First & Second place by a wide margin with Tanahashi and Okada. BJW's Deathmatch wrestler Kobayashi ranked third, and I'd like to point out that NOAH's ace KENTA received more votes for Wrestler of the Year than his whole promotion got. El Generico would have been a massive star if he'd stayed in Japan.

The list continues, as the most popular female ranked at #15 (Mio Shirai) and the first WWE star to appear on the list was CM Punk at #13.

Tag-Teams of the Year:

quote:

1. GET WILD 881 points
2. Brahman Brothers 433 points
3. Laughter7 317 points
4. K.E.S. 242 points
5. Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto 206 points
6. Hell No 195 points
7. Tenkoji 154 points
8. Jimmyz 124 points
9. Strong BJ 118 points
10. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo 93 points
Those unfamiliar, GET WILD is a tag-team from AJPW composed of Takao Omori & Manabu Soya. The Braham Brothers are independent wrestlers who molest people with squid ink and severed pig heads. Daniel Bryan & Kane hit #6 overall on the list. The next most popular NA team on the list were the Super Smash Bros. at #14.

And finally, Match of the Year

quote:

1. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki (NJPW 2012-10-08) 647 points
2. Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi (DDT 2012-08-18) 489 points
3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Karl Anderson (NJPW 2012-08-12) 233 points
4. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW 2012-06-16) 201 points
5. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW 2012-02-12) 147 points
6. MASADA vs. Jun Kasai (Freedoms 2012-08-27) 122 points
7. Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Shuji Kondo & Suwama (NJPW & AJPW 2012-07-01) 103 points
8. Masakatsu Funaki vs. Jun Akiyama (AJPW 2012-08-26) 95 points
9. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW 2012-03-04) 91 points
10. El Generico vs. Kenny Omega (DDT 2012-12-23) 73 points
11. Suwama vs. Masakatsu Funaki (AJPW 2012-09-23) 71 points
12. Kazuchika Okada vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW 2012-08-05) 55 points
13. Abdullah Kobayashi vs. Masashi Takeda (BJW 2012-02-26) 51 points
14. Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW 2012-12-02) 47 points
15. El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi (DDT 2012-09-30) 45 points

The first NA match to appear on the list was Undertaker vs Triple H from Wrestlmania (Tied for 18th place). The first female to show up was a match between Great Sasuke and Kyoko Inoue in 30th place.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 13, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

quote:

6. MASADA vs. Jun Kasai (Freedoms 2012-08-27) 122 points

God yes, so happy to see this match get recognition. Every time someone says "hardcore wrestling has no psychology at all" I want to show them that match.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

grats you just bought a tape library. I don't see how they're going to overtake NJPW in a year when NJPW actually has something resembling a global strategy in place.

Out of morbid interest what is NJPW global strategy and how has their resurgence been noticeable (really high non papered Dome shows)?

Sorry I've just been out of the Japanese wrestling loop for awhile and I'm trying to get back into what's going on...also did I read somewhere the Don "Douglas Gordon" is having a match soon?

Also not to wish this on IVP, but how has he avoided grief from Japanese groups considering he has physical and digital services of things within days of airing and NJPW even has their own US streaming service. I'm kind of surprised he's never gotten a C&D, then again the only group that was big on it was DSE products (I know Jeff Lynch got one over Pride videos)

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 14, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
New Japan's global strategy:

1. UStream iPPVs to 500 people outside Japan
2. Maybe English commentary some day?
3. English website?
4. Overtake WWE

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Flameingblack posted:

PWG is more popular in the Japanese IWC than NOAH is. I'm not surprised that DDT and BJW did so well, because they both offer something completely unique and have a great variety of events. DDT won second place by a massive landslide, but NJPW rightfully earned double the amount of points second place did. Joshi promotion WAVE~ came in 7th place, ranking only slightly less popular than the WWE and slightly more popular than comedy promotion Osaka Pro.

I'm honestly surprised Wave was anywhere on there considering I never hear anything about it I guess and if you wanted a pretty girls promotion Stardom's actually pretty good. Maybe being one of the few places where Kana still seems to get regular bookings helps I guess? And I wouldn't really consider Osaka Pro a comedy promotion in the same way you wouldn't consider Chikara a comedy promotion (which is an apt comparison given the relationship Chikara and Osaka Pro have and the fact Quack quite obviously modelled Chikara after it mixed with New Gen era WWF).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRayPer posted:

New Japan's global strategy:

1. UStream iPPVs to 500 people outside Japan
2. Maybe English commentary some day?
3. English website?
4. Overtake WWE

better than AJPW's plan:
1. run bunches of shows in sumo hall
2. Do a heavily papered show in a dome
3. wonder where all the money went
4. go to step 1

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

better than AJPW's plan:
4. go to step 1

I thought the AJPW plan was:
1) Book Ric Flair
2) Overtake New Japan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

better than AJPW's plan:
4. go to step 1

When Bushiroad took over NJPW their plan sounded unfeasible too. AJPW might end up a huge mess, but I don't think that AJPW's public strategy was any some barn burner. NJPW lit a rocket under a surprising mega talent, booked great shows and had stellar matches and had iPPV skyrocket. Maybe AJPW can put on a bunch of good shows and have people buy them too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Funaki is great in All Japan, but it's like watching 2007 WWE where they have every single one of their eggs in one basket. At least New Japan is rapidly building stars. Okada is the most popular wrestler in Japan and Nakamura seems to be pretty drat popular to the US internet crowd.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

New Japan's Japanese facebook page linked to this (still under construction!) today: http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/

gfanikf posted:

Also not to wish this on IVP, but how has he avoided grief from Japanese groups considering he has physical and digital services of things within days of airing and NJPW even has their own US streaming service. I'm kind of surprised he's never gotten a C&D, then again the only group that was big on it was DSE products (I know Jeff Lynch got one over Pride videos)

they probably don't even know. Most of those shows are produced for a super-niche satellite/cable channel, it's only the iPPVs that are also available for the U.S. market. The most recent New Japan Cup 1st round was only on Samurai! TV, for example. As well, Japan is pretty simple-minded and ignorant about a lot of these sorts of things -- and would probably care a lot more about people in Japan pirating the materials. Hell, last fall Japan introduced legislation to make it illegal as a criminal offense (not just a civil offense) to download things. There haven't been many arrests yet, but most of those have been stuff which has a Japanese copyright -- and, from what I've heard, Japanese equivalents to Limewire are still the go-to for most movie/music pirates.

So I guess it's one part they don't know, one part they're more worried about the domestic market more than international.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
IVP Guy getting his own puro capper is a loving godsend.

IVPvideos
Feb 21, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

Heck yeah it is. When I saw that NJPW 3/11 was uploaded for me I did a freakin cartwheel.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

USA “STARGATE 2013”, 28/03/2013
Shin-Kiba 1st RING

1. USA World Tag Team Titles:
2. IC Title – 10th Wonder Of The World:
3. $10,000 Backbreaker Challenge:
4. Hall of Fame Ceremony:
5. Recapturing Elizabeth!? Wrestling Soap Opera Final Match:
6. Japan’s First Elimination Chamber Match:

The USA roster will be made up of DDT and Union wrestlers along with a couple of AV idols acting as Divas. There will also be a Spanish announce table at ringside.

The USA owner is now interested in searching for Divas. The owner’s first choices he wants to scout are AV idols Tsubasa Amami and Rika Seibi. The two will have their Diva audition at this show.

The owner of USA has expressed strong interest in hosting a Hulk Hogan Gymnastics performance on the show.

This is one of the reasons that Sanshiro Takagi runs one of the biggest Pro Wrestling companies in Japan. :allears:

I'm not sure if Takagi is directly running this promotion as well, but he has a big hand in Union, and DDT is one of the most fun wrestling companies to watch in the world.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

How popular is US pro wrestling in Japan anyway? For example, how would Cena's name recognition compare to Tanahashi's?

The less serious puro feds seem to have tons of references to US wrestlers and angles.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Looking forward to KikuMan Randy Savage.

Really looking forward to how the gently caress they're gonna build something that looks like an Elimination Chamber but also fits into Shin-Kiba and leaves room for more than 10 fans.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
They could just fit it around the width of the ring and leave about a closet's worth of space for the wrestlers in between the chamber pods.

That's certainly an interesting card though. 10th Wonder of the World huh? I bet somebody would be home to answer the phone if they called....

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Thauros posted:

How popular is US pro wrestling in Japan anyway? For example, how would Cena's name recognition compare to Tanahashi's?

The less serious puro feds seem to have tons of references to US wrestlers and angles.
WWE has a smaller fanbase in Japan than other Japanese promotions, but it's probably 100x bigger in Japan than puro is in the US. Possibly 1000x.

Lesnar and Angle wrestling in Japan was a reasonably big deal, though they might have been overpaid for what they drew.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

Illinois Smith posted:

It's great quality stuff, too, very consistent. The guy knows what he's doing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJex8t34K8

Some guy from /wooo/ is going to start translating Puro stuff. Mostly packages. Still won't help you understand a goddamn thing happening in DDT.

Speaking of, Takagi's USA promotion just gets stranger:

quote:

USA has struck a partnership deal with the AV company Idea Pocket. Part of the deal involves Idea Pocket presenting their own match for USA’s first show. It’s becoming very clear at this point that USA will not be a PG promotion. All I can gather is the match will be between “Val Venis” and “The Godfather”. Judging by the translation, it sounds like there are going to be a harem of Val Venises and a ho train of Godfathers taking part in the match.

With their first card looking like this:

1. Hall of Fame Ceremony
2. USA World Tag Team Titles: “Hulk Hogan” & “Ultimate Warrior” (c) Vs A Tag Team From The Middle East
3. IC Title – 10th Wonder Of The World: “Chyna” (c) Vs “Eddie Guerrero”
4. $10,000 Backbreaker Challenge
5. Idea Pocket Presents – ALL or NOTHING: “Val Venis” Vs “The Godfather”
6. Japan’s First Elimination Chamber Match: “Big Show” Vs “Goldust” Vs “John Cena” Vs “CM Punk”

The card will take place Thursday, and I cannot wait to hear what kind of crazy nonsense happens. The wrestlers will all be played by DDT & Union wrestlers, under the guise of these characters.

The event will have both English AND Spanish announce teams!

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 25, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If IVP gets that I'm purchasing it the minute it's the store.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I asked him to do a rough translation of a promo that I loved seeing for the first time, although I could only follow half of it. It was the pre-match promo between Dansoku Dino vs Bob Sapp, featuring Dino reluctant to wrestle for some reason.

Here is the promo

quote:

The point is basically that Dino is afraid of wrestling Bob and he needs to ravage someone's rear end in a top hat (yes, you read that correctly) before the match. It's a huge problem for Amon (the afroed GM), since he has been ensuring that Sapp doesn't pull out from the match.

So, basically, they all start volunteering to be anal molested by Dino, one by one. Amon is the first to do that, since it's his event and he has a duty of the GM to put all on the line. Takanashi interrupts and volunteers, since the GM's rear end in a top hat shouldn't be ravaged. Sato interrupts and says that Takanashi just came back from injury, so it should be him. Soma interrupts and says that since he's the youngest of them all, he should do it.

The last one to volunteer is Makoto Oishi (who is gay in real life) and they all bow and say "please, go ahead".

Well, then they all think that it's not a good idea to have anyone analraped by Dino (and I am NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP), so they start volunteering to do the match with Sapp. Sato is the first, Takanashi says that Sato is too god to lose to sapp, then Soma butts in and says that he's the youngest so he should sacrifice himself and Asahi announces that he's the veteran of them all and thus should be the one to face Sapp.

Amon says, that they all have a match scheduled, so he'll take the brunt. The female interviewer runs in and says "Hey, Amon, you aren't a wrestler! I'll do it". Behind it all, Dino comes in and says "Well, I'll do the match then..!" "PLEASE, GO AHEAD!".

Dino is then grateful for their support and starts cutting a promo how he's the number one representative of DDT and I aim to make Bob GAY!

So to do that, he needs the power of EVERYONE to do it.

:allears: Dino

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 25, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

I asked him to do a rough translation of a promo that I loved seeing for the first time, although I could only follow half of it. It was the pre-match promo between Dansoku Dino vs Bob Sapp, featuring Dino reluctant to wrestle for some reason.

Here is the promo

:allears: Dino

Well, that's it. Wrestling has reached peak homosexuality.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I met Danshoku at a local promotion. He was in top form. Then I immediately looked him up on Youtube and this is one of my first puro matches:

Danshoku Dino vs Akira Tozawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHuRtHicX0

Aptly titled "Really gay pro wrestling match"

VVVV

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 25, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I remember seeing a Danshoku Dino vs Jun Kasai match and it was the most bizarre and hilarious thing I've ever seen.

I do remember there being at least one dance break.

That's the one.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 25, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I apologize for saying that we were judging the AJPW owner too soon and NJPW sounded pretty ridiculous early on with talk of competing with WWE and such. The new AJPW owner is totally batshit. He decided to declare that pro wrestling needs to change and stop rigging matches. Obviously he's not going to do that, but just saying that is so dumb.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRanTer posted:

I apologize for saying that we were judging the AJPW owner too soon and NJPW sounded pretty ridiculous early on with talk of competing with WWE and such. The new AJPW owner is totally batshit. He decided to declare that pro wrestling needs to change and stop rigging matches. Obviously he's not going to do that, but just saying that is so dumb.
Truly, he is the nipponese coming of Vince Russo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kim Jong Un runs AJPW now?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Has anything happened to Takuya Sugi (El Blazer, Yoshitsune, plus a million of other gimmicks) since admiting to plant drugs on Nosawa to extend his contract?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BillyMays posted:

Has anything happened to Takuya Sugi (El Blazer, Yoshitsune, plus a million of other gimmicks) since admiting to plant drugs on Nosawa to extend his contract?

Pretty sure the Mexican promotion fired him anyways? Probably wrong.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRanTer posted:

I was with you on this at the beginning as well since I figured some of the trash talk might be part of an angle as interpromotional feuds are fairly common in Japan, bu yeah, the guy really just seems to be an rear end. Shame, since while following one major Japanese fed is enough for me healthy competition would probably be good for the industry.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Flameingblack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJex8t34K8

Some guy from /wooo/ is going to start translating Puro stuff. Mostly packages. Still won't help you understand a goddamn thing happening in DDT.

That someone would be me. Hey there.

I'm basically doing these vids to help especially new fans and aim to do the promo packages for current events and some old school favorites. I'm also tagging with HustleFightingOpera of Youtube fame to do some selected moments from HUSTLE.

Hell, maybe we'll do a full show if we're lucky.

And yes, I'm working on the Nakamura-opening-booster-packs-vid. That man just has an interesting way to say things, so I'm constantly rechecking my translations and fixing them.

Hope you like my work and continue to support it. It's you for whom I do this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

IVP free download this week is Best of Alex Shelley v1 aka Alex Shelley in ZERO1.

quote:

[2005] 03.15 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley & Masato Tanaka vs. Dick Togo & Sonjay Dutt
[2005] 03.23 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs. Tetsuhiro Kuroda & Masato Tanaka
[2005] 03.25 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley vs. Spanky
[2005] 03.27 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley & Spanky vs. Minoru Fujita & Ikuto Hidaka
[2005] 05.20 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley vs. PSYCHO
[2005] 05.26 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley vs. Osamu Namiguchi
[2005] 07.29 - ZERO1 - Alex Shelley & Tadao Yasuda vs. Ikuto Hidaka & Kamikaze

He put out Best of Alex Shelley v5 this week too, which is pretty much Best of Time Splitters.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Jake Soo posted:

That someone would be me. Hey there.

I'm basically doing these vids to help especially new fans and aim to do the promo packages for current events and some old school favorites. I'm also tagging with HustleFightingOpera of Youtube fame to do some selected moments from HUSTLE.

Hell, maybe we'll do a full show if we're lucky.

oh poo poo, you're on here too. i was gonna post.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Shelley and Spanky vs Hidaka and Fujita is VERY much worth your time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:911:

quote:

1. US Heavyweight Title: Mr. Perfect (c) defeated Rabbit Miu with the Rock Bottom (2:28).
*V? for Mr. Perfect.
2. USA World Tag Team Titles: Hulk Petit Hogan & Kikutimate Warrior defeated Michael Sheik & Masa de Bali (c) when Hogan & Warrior pinned Sheik & de Bali with the Leg Drop and Kikutimate Splash (5:55).
*Hulk Petit Hogan & Kikutimate Warrior become the new USA World Tag Team Champions!
3. IC Title – 10th Wonder Of The World: Choina (c) defeated Eddie Showtime with a Power Bomb (5:00).
*V? for Choina.
- $10,000 Backbreaker Challenge: Okaberg defeated three young wrestlers.
4. Idea Pocket Presents – ALL or NOTHING: The Knotfather defeated Maso Venus with the Pimp Drop (4:19).
5. US Heavyweight Title – Japan’s First Elimination Chamber Match: Mr. Perfect (c) defeated Hara Cena, Poldust, KI Punk, Big Shoe and Okaberg (9:51).
5a. Big Shoe eliminated Poldust by Ring Out (4:09).
5b. Okaberg eliminated KI Punk by Ring Out (5:20).
5c. Hara Cena eliminated Big Shoe by Ring Out (6:59).
5d. Mr. Perfect eliminated Okaberg by Ring Out (7:08).
5e. Mr. Perfect eliminated Hara Cena by Ring Out (9:51).
*V? for Mr. Perfect.

For those of you who think Japan needs more sports entertainment, the debut show of Ultimate Superstars Action wass exactly what you are looking for. After the show opening pyro, “Mr. Perfect” Hiroshi Fukuda and his manager Rikiya Hart to perform the American national anthem. Fukuda then invited out the owner of USA and made a promise to him that today will be a happy day for the USA Superstars. King Aiba was the commentator in the Spanish Announce Table while Susan Garcia handled ring announcing duties.

The first match was Mr. Perfect successfully defending the US Heavyweight Title against Rabbit Miu. Fukuda got a cheap victory thanks to Rikiya Heart tripping Miu from outside the ring. After the match, Fukuda yelled at the fans to respect him. Hara Cena interrupted Fukuda and challenged him to put the US Title on the line in the main event.

Middle Eastern tag team Michael Sheik & Masa de Bali attempted to burn the American flag before their USA World Tag Team Title defence. Hulk Petit Hogan & The Kikutimate Warrior came to the rescue and defeated the evil foreigners to become the new Tag Team Champions!

Eddie Showtime came out next for the IC Title match. Despite being the challenger, Eddie introduced the champion and his “mamacita” Choina. He told her he did not want to fight this evening, handed her a red rose and then asked her out to dinner so he can feel her “Latina Heat”. Choina answered with a Clothesline and the match begun. Choina beat Eddie with a Power Bomb to keep her championship but she rewarded her man with a kiss on the cheek afterwards.

The $10,000 Backbreaker Challenge was next. Fukuda brought out Okaberg, a powerful Jackhammer of a man he found inside an American prison. He challenged anyone to escape from Okaberg’s Argentine Backbreaker. Three young wrestlers entered the contest and all of them failed. Okaberg was then added into the main event.

Ricky Fuji was inducted into the USA Hall of Fame. Fuji’s speech was just “Thank you. I’m so happy! Woooooo!!” A mystery Honky Tonk Man interrupted the ceremony but Fuji put him in his place by smashing a guitar over his head.

The semi-main event presented by AV company Idea Pocket and fittingly pitted Mako Venus against The Knotfather. After some unsexy dancing, The Knotfather picked up the win with the Pimp Drop.

The main event was Japan’s first ever Elimination Chamber match. Unfortunately the actual chamber was too big to fit inside Shin-Kiba 1st RING so they just brought in the capsules for the inactive wrestlers to stay in before they entered the match. The rules were also changed to where eliminations only occured when wrestlers were thrown over the top rope and both feet touched the ground outside. Fukuda defend his US Title for the second time in the show and survived fighting Hara Cena, Okaberg, Poldust, The Big Shoe and KI Punk. But the night did not end so happily for the champ. He brawled with Hara Cena up to the entrance and was given the Attitude Adjustment off of the stage! Okaberg then grabbed Rikiya Hart and did the same thing, throwing Hart from the stage to the floor below. The show ended with Hara Cena & Okaberg having a staredown.

Mr. Perfect – Hiroshi Fukuda
USA Owner – Sanshiro Takagi
Rikiya Hart – Rikiya Shindo
Hulk Petit Hogan – Antonio Honda
Kikutimate Warrior – Kikutaro
Michael Sheik – Michael Nakazawa
Masa de Bali – Masa Takanashi
Choina – Seiya Morohashi
Eddie Showtime – Showa
Honky Tonk Man – Batten Tamagawa
Okaberg – Yuji Okabayashi
The Knotfather – Shigehiro Irie
Mako Venus – Makoto Oishi
Poldust – Danshoku Dino
KI Punk – Akito
Big Shoe – ???

Source

I hope to god this shows up on a DVD somewhere.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Going to pimp this out here since there's no Lucha topic, IVP has two new DVDs up. A best of Luchas Apuestas (Hair vs Masks, ect) and the Best of Lucha Gimmicks

There's a huge oversight on the Lucha Gimmick DVD. There is no La Parka. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rudo Reels has a best of La Parka comp I have in my shopping cart