Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FUN FACT: Daredevil himself made this poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The only thing that comes to mind when I see this:

Edit: Now that I think about it "Superheroes on (usually rainy) ledges overlooking the city" could be it's own subgenre of movie poster.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Clearly this is a face-swapped Jeff Goldblum from the end of Independence Day.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The difference being that Dredd could gently caress up the poo poo of anyone in the preceding posters. Nuts to Bruce Campbell, chins can kill.

illie
Jan 13, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking. That's some really hosed perspective, it reminds me of that hilarious Michael Jackson/Batman comic, except on a ledge instead of the street.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sir Lemming posted:

For a second I thought you meant Ben Affleck...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shoehead posted:

For a second I thought you meant Ben Affleck...

Hey, you can't make old Ben Affleck jokes now that he's both talented and credible.

(he should remake Daredevil himself and really prove everyone wrong)

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
You know, my hand to God: I would love modern day Pretty Talented Director Ben Affleck to remake Daredevil.

I don't think he should star in it, by any stretch, mind. But God, if he pulled it off? He could go on a multi-state killing spree and I'd still go "ah, I'll let that go."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mike From Nowhere posted:

You know, my hand to God: I would love modern day Pretty Talented Director Ben Affleck to remake Daredevil.

I don't think he should star in it, by any stretch, mind. But God, if he pulled it off? He could go on a multi-state killing spree and I'd still go "ah, I'll let that go."

At least Daredevil was an actual for real white guy so I guess that's a little better.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

schwenz posted:

the Master of Romantic Thrillers

I really wish the tagline said "beaking."

But I guess that would have taken about a half-second longer to come up with.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Wildeyes posted:

I really wish the tagline said "beaking."

But I guess that would have taken about a half-second longer to come up with.

I'm really hoping they top the birds' screen time in this one by having them appear once, in the last five minutes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm not interested in this at all because I feel like it's going to be 90 minutes of someone explaining a joke.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I'm really hoping they top the birds' screen time in this one by having them appear once, in the last five minutes.

The funniest parts of Birdemic came pre-birds.

"I get it, lovers on the moon!"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

schwenz posted:

Gotta be fair though, pretty clever/cheeky to use the "Hitchcock" as the title font.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While not exactly a poster per se, this is an official piece of promotional material for Trance.

Which I thought was pretty cool.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'll give any movie with a party dog on the poster a chance, as long as the dog doesn't talk.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

schwenz posted:

I just can't get over how guy on the left (I think that was the lead in the first?) is holding those two pistols. It's just so drat awkward :stare:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Hewlett posted:

I just can't get over how guy on the left (I think that was the lead in the first?) is holding those two pistols. It's just so drat awkward :stare:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the main guy. I don't know if you saw the first one, but yeah, he's pretty much the most awkward dude in existence.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the main guy. I don't know if you saw the first one, but yeah, he's pretty much the most awkward dude in existence.

While watching it, I swore he wore glasses and they made him take them off because of glare or something.

He even drives stiffly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

muscles like this? posted:

While not exactly a poster per se, this is an official piece of promotional material for Trance.

Which I thought was pretty cool.

I like that the distorted VHS look is "in" right now.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Mark Harmon is a man who has never had a good haircut.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

If you haven't seen Pontypool, it's a Canadian 'zombie' film. It's got a really unique twist and despite some flaws it manages to stay tense and entertaining throughout. They're apparently making a sequel, and this is the first poster. I like it.

Some other new posters.

and finally, a movie you might have actually heard of.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Uwe Boll's latest masterpiece:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bullet holes the size of matzo balls.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
So it's just Rampage: New York?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm digging the style of this poster, it reminds me of a 1970s paperback cover, which makes sense for a vampire movie.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

bowser posted:

If you haven't seen Pontypool, it's a Canadian 'zombie' film. It's got a really unique twist and despite some flaws it manages to stay tense and entertaining throughout. They're apparently making a sequel, and this is the first poster. I like it.

I keep wanting to see a skull be made up of a combination of the birds and the clouds but it only works on the left side and I keep mentally trying to fill it in on the right side. It's like being infected with vision and the tag line isn't helping and now I want to see it even more.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Terminal Entropy posted:

I keep wanting to see a skull be made up of a combination of the birds and the clouds but it only works on the left side and I keep mentally trying to fill it in on the right side. It's like being infected with vision and the tag line isn't helping and now I want to see it even more.

It almost works when it's timg. And that Uwe Boll poster looks OK, but I'm stupid so what do I know.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dillbag posted:

Uwe Boll's latest masterpiece:

Is the character a giant?

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

bowser posted:

I wonder if they're going to keep the same "one room" perspective.

Probably not, I'm guessing they take the [rec] 3 method of completely ignoring everything that worked in the previous film.

Heh, just noticed the ear.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

Wait, what? This can't be official, can it? (I only ask 'cause you put it alongside other official posters)
I assume it's fan-made, but it's amazing to me that they'd take all the time to make the Photoshopping look decent, and then not bother to use the bold white block font, but instead the sort of glowy text we might expect for a fan film.

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall as they discussed exactly how much Minion rear end-crack would be shown on that poster.

Someone signed off on that. And not just one guy, either. Lots of people.

I bet there were multiple drafts.

And discussions.

An all-morning meeting one Monday. :cripes:

Icon-Cat fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 29, 2013

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Icon-Cat posted:

Wait, what? This can't be official, can it? (I only ask 'cause you put it alongside other official posters)
I assume it's fan-made, but it's amazing to me that they'd take all the time to make the Photoshopping look decent, and then not bother to use the bold white block font, but instead the sort of glowy text we might expect for a fan film.

I'm assuming it's a post-release poster, one of those things that would get sold at Walmart or whatnot

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Terminal Entropy posted:

I think it's an ear. I couldn't say. At the least, I've been looking at it for five minutes straight, so if they wanted me to stare at their advertising at great length, mission accomplished.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

bowser posted:

Loved the first one, but this poster surely has to be the shittiest attempt of all time at a skull formation.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

happyhippy posted:

Loved the first one, but this poster surely has to be the shittiest attempt of all time at a skull formation.

If you stare at it for 30 seconds and then blink rapidly it looks like Jesus Christ.

It isn't a skull formation.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Chichevache posted:

If you stare at it for 30 seconds and then blink rapidly it looks like Jesus Christ.

It isn't a skull formation.

I'm pretty sure it's a grinning skull.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The linked smaller pic of it in my previous post shows it clearly as a skull.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a skull. Look at the black, not the gaps, and discount the smallest size of crow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
No, he's right. It's clearly just a bunch of identical crows carrying ears flying in bizarrely staggered groups.