Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Neep posted:

Is there? I thought it was. Premiere HC or whatever. Not oversized.

Nah. It's oversized. It came out quite a while ago but should be easy enough to find for a reasonable price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Shameless posted:

Hickman confirms the inevitable...

So loving happy right now thank you for finding this.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mister Chompers posted:

So loving happy right now thank you for finding this.

Yay!!

Oh, and I got the books Rhyno. Thanks again!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Wasn't someone looking for the 52 Volume 4 TPB for a while? I saw one today for cover price ($19.99) in a local bookstore, along with Volumes 1-3, in case anyone is still interested.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Awesome, now I just need confirmation of an Uncanny X-Force Omnibus and I can give Marvel all my money.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Not sure if anyone was waiting on this but reports are that the Starman Omnibus vol. 3 paperback has been cancelled and won't be resolicited.

Of course, everyone here was a good little boy or girl and had the hardcover already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shameless posted:

Not sure if anyone was waiting on this but reports are that the Starman Omnibus vol. 3 paperback has been cancelled and won't be resolicited.

Of course, everyone here was a good little boy or girl and had the hardcover already.
drat, good thing I drove 30 miles out of my way to get the copy I found. (Then promptly ordered the rest of the series.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

I can confirm it has been canceled.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
God drat does DC suck, and I say this as someone who bound all the Starman singles into four custom hardcovers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

God drat does DC suck, and I say this as someone who bound all the Starman singles into four custom hardcovers.

Hey, they put out paperbacks, a box set, Absolutes, an Annotated version, and now two HC omnibus sets of Sandman. Logical!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Uthor posted:

Hey, they put out paperbacks, a box set, Absolutes, an Annotated version, and now two HC omnibus sets of Sandman. Logical!

Sandman in 2 volumes?
1000 page HCs are the holocovers of this era.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

DMZ and Invisibles are getting deluxe HC editions. Is DMZ any good? And yay! Animal Man vol. 5 (the old series that is)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/27/the-collected-frank-quitely-more-dc-and-vertigo-collections-to-come/

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Shameless posted:

DMZ and Invisibles are getting deluxe HC editions. Is DMZ any good? And yay! Animal Man vol. 5 (the old series that is)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/27/the-collected-frank-quitely-more-dc-and-vertigo-collections-to-come/

and just when I finally got all the DMZ trade paperbacks
well, what can you do.
good to see that the hellblazer reprints are continuing.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!
Ha, I was just about to start buying and binding the DMZ trades.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I put DMZ on my wishlist for next month just a few hours ago. Guess I'll wait.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

Shameless posted:

God dammit. I was a bad boy and I don't have vol 3.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Shameless posted:

Ugh, gently caress off DC, I picked up that omnibus because I assumed you were going to be dumb about more Invisibles.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Sweet, I was waiting to pick DMZ up until it went HC. Awesome book

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Does DMZ get better? I picked up the first few trades and got pretty bored. This might be one I just hit up the library and use my money for IDW Artist Editions.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

wildlele posted:

Does DMZ get better? I picked up the first few trades and got pretty bored. This might be one I just hit up the library and use my money for IDW Artist Editions.

I'd say no because I was immediately pulled in by the story and the idea of NYC becoming a failed state, and the rest of the series keeps going along the same lines. It is really great for what it is, and I could imagine double dipping for it, but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. I don't know if I'd recommend it to people who weren't American, really.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Spring clean of the comic room. Prepping up 'mazing Man, X-men, Hellblazer and Automatic Kafka for binding

Click for big

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

sporklift posted:

Spring clean of the comic room. Prepping up 'mazing Man, X-men, Hellblazer and Automatic Kafka for binding

Click for big

Those ROM hardcovers :swoon:

EDIT: Who do you use for binding? I'd like to get a few things binded..

7744 fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sporklift posted:

How are you binding Hellblazer? What issues and how are you going to split it? I have to do the same since they are never going to do Jenkins run plus the odd and ends that have not been collected. Also has anyone binded Shade? Do you have any suggestions on how I should split it?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

sporklift posted:

Spring clean of the comic room.

Click for big
ROM and U.S. 1 hardbound? You ballin'.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 1, 2013

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

7744 posted:

Those ROM hardcovers :swoon:

EDIT: Who do you use for binding? I'd like to get a few things binded..

http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com/html/comic_books.html

bobkatt013 posted:

How are you binding Hellblazer? What issues and how are you going to split it? I have to do the same since they are never going to do Jenkins run plus the odd and ends that have not been collected. Also has anyone binded Shade? Do you have any suggestions on how I should split it?

I am not doing the whole Hellblazer run. Just going to buy the new trades as they come out (Am I the only one who thinks the new covers are terrible?) I found the first two trades in really rough condition for a couple bucks, but the interior pages were still fine. Gonna bind those and insert the Swamp Thing issues. Don't really know where to place the Swamp Thing pages though.

redbackground posted:

ROM and U.S. 1 hardbound? You ballin'.

Oh yeah. I rollin' deep son.

Not on the shelves is Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider Ham, it be on loan to someone at the moment. Power Pack and Nancy Collins' run on Swamp Thing are at the binder right now and I just need three more issues to complete my Howard the Duck run before it gets sent. Binding my childhood up is getting expensive.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sporklift posted:

http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com/html/comic_books.html

I am not doing the whole Hellblazer run. Just going to buy the new trades as they come out (Am I the only one who thinks the new covers are terrible?) I found the first two trades in really rough condition for a couple bucks, but the interior pages were still fine. Gonna bind those and insert the Swamp Thing issues. Don't really know where to place the Swamp Thing pages though.

It is pretty obvious where the swamp thing issues go. At the end of the first trade Swamp Thing takes over his body and the swamp thing issues are swamp things point of view of the events, aka what he does with Johns body.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

bobkatt013 posted:

It is pretty obvious where the swamp thing issues go. At the end of the first trade Swamp Thing takes over his body and the swamp thing issues are swamp things point of view of the events, aka what he does with Johns body.

Yeah. Issue 77 unfortunately fits between a double sided page. So it either goes out of order at the end of the issue or I tear the page out and photocopy it into two pages.

Where do the new Hellblazer trades start to diverge in material from the old printings. It looks like V. 1-3 are the same besides the covers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sporklift posted:

Yeah. Issue 77 unfortunately fits between a double sided page. So it either goes out of order at the end of the issue or I tear the page out and photocopy it into two pages.

Where do the new Hellblazer trades start to diverge in material from the old printings. It looks like V. 1-3 are the same besides the covers?

The new version of the fourth one has the Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman issues. Then volume 6 will have some missing issues reinserted.

The fifth one will then have the end of Delaco's awesome run

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 3, 2013

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

sporklift posted:

here's a list of the trades with the changes mentioned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hellblazer_publications

except I think the "Dangerous habits" has more issues than the previous version.

so the only ones unchanged are trade #2 & #3

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shameless posted:

God, if those new collections include the letter pages there's gonna be a lot of people unloading their omnibuses.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Looks like Fear Agent V. 1 is back in stock.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

boom boom boom posted:

God, if those new collections include the letter pages there's gonna be a lot of people unloading their omnibuses.

I assume they never will. But this will cause me to triple dip on Invisibles if they do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

I assume they never will. But this will cause me to triple dip on Invisibles if they do.

How many trades actually do include letter pages?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I know some Marvel Omnibus's have them

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I know some Marvel Omnibus's have them

Sorry, should have said DC collections. The Marvel Omni's with them are the upsized Masterworks. I don't think any of the new omnis have them.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Rhyno posted:

How many comics have letter pages that were actually relevant to the series in any way?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

So this is a thing that Hickman tweeted earlier this evening.
http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Jonathan-Hickman-Omnibus-Volume/dp/0785165665

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bairfanx posted:

How many comics have letter pages that were actually relevant to the series in any way?

Starman is the only one I can think of, with James Robinson himself answering letters for the first few years and talking about his own interests in art, literature, film, music, and collectibles -- all things that bled into Jack Knight's personality and interior monologues.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Awesome!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Preordered and saw Hawkguy HC while I was there so preordered that too, thanks!